Clever Bride Consignments Reviews

32 Reviews for Clever Bride Consignments

Clever Bride Consignments 1
Clever Bride Consignments 2

Shi · Getting married on 09/28/2019

I can't speak highly enough of this bridal salon! We had the best experience here. All the other reviews on this page are spot on. The customer service, selection, and quality of the dresses were top-knotch! We bought a sample dress here that fit my personality and which we didn't find anything even close to it at the other salons we visited.

Aubrey · Married on 09/01/2018

Visited Clever Bride on a whim this Sunday after trying DB and another boutique. I felt like it would be a long shot that I would find something I liked in my size. I can't believe I tried on three dresses and one of them was my dream dress! Chris was so helpful, very knowledgeable without being preachy or patronizing which I had experienced at David's Bridal. I will definitely recommend Clever Bride. Just as an aside Chris does not do alterations there, if you find the dress you walk away with it that day and she refers you to a preferred seamstress. I just thought that would be helpful info for the fellow bride! Thanks again Chris!

Pat · Married on 07/13/2018

I found Clever Bride Consignments on line when I was looking to sell a wedding dress my daughter bought on a whim. I made an appoint meant to bring the dress in. My daughter found a "Cinderella dress" at Alfred Angelo's that she loved. We put the required 50% down and 4 weeks later they went bankrupt. We were devastated. We had to start again. We went to a very well known salon but nothing seemed to replace the first dress. I then called Chris and said I have an appointment to bring in a dress for consignment and now I need a bridal appointment for my daughter. I really did not expect for my daughter to find her dream dress at the consignment shop, especially after trying on so many at the other shop. We were met by Chris who was so pleasant and helpful. After telling her what we were looking for, she pulled about 6 dresses for us. They were all beautiful. We narrowed it down to two. Chris suggested that we go to the little bakery next door for a snack and talk about the dresses. After our snack, we made our decision. We did not find a veil at that time but went back to look months later and found the perfect one. My daughters wedding was on July 13, 2018 and it was a Fairytale wedding. Thank you to Chris and this amazing store. Will definitely go back with my other daughter.

Clever Bride Consignments 3
    Clever Bride Consignments 4

Tiffany · Married on 06/10/2018

I worked with Chris at Clever Bride Consignments and I was blown away by my experience. Up until then I had visited 5 other Bridal Salons and was underwhelmed by selections and service. I had to reschedule with Chris and she was friendly and accommodating. On the day of my appointment she asked questions that none of the other salons I had visited had asked. It felt like I was working with an industry professional, someone who loves what they do and genuinely cared about what I was looking for. I was beginning to think I wouldn't be able to find what I was looking for. I found the most amazing dress I could have ever imagined - Thank you!

Maria · Married on 08/20/2017

I purchased my wedding dress about a year ago, i got a beautiful dress for a fantastic value. The owner of the shop had many suggestions on where I could go for alterations. She was very friendly and helpful the whole time.

Carla · Married on 07/22/2017

I am so glad I bought my dress from Clever Bride. I found a dress that I loved, fit me perfectly, and was under my budget. The whole experience was calm, enjoyable, and only took about an hour.

Mary · Married on 05/27/2017

I found a sample dress for 50% off of its original list price and was so amazed by the deal! The woman who works there is absolutely lovely and was incredibly helpful again when I went back to find a veil a few months before my wedding. I would highly recommend this for anyone looking for a steal!

Catherine · Married on 05/05/2017

I stopped by Clever Bride on a whim one day. It wasn't at all what I expected. It was a bit lot smaller, but it was still packed with a lot to choose from, both dresses and accessories. Also, it beautifully merchandised to make you feel like you're going to any other smaller bridal salon. I was worried that since I dropped by 45 minutes before closing, I would be rushed, or given attitude, but Chris greeted me warmly and acted like she had all the time in the world. Chris, wow, I can't say enough good things about her. She is a sweet, gracious, friendly woman. After asking questions about my wedding, budget and size, she picked out a few dresses. Everything she choose was spot on to what I was looking for. We then went to the dressing room, which was an actual ROOM, not a cramped stall. She instructed me to undress, and then put on the provided robe, as she would help me get on all the dresses. You can tell that Chris really cares about the dresses and wants to provide a near perfect product for her brides. She provides make-up remover if you are wearing any face make-up, to prevent and accidental stains on the dress. She also is extremely careful when handling the dresses, so as to not damage and beading, lace, etc. Oh, and it shows. All of the dresses looked brand new. I thought the 2nd gown was "the one" but we were concerned about whether in could be let out the 1/4" I needed. The next gown I tried on was "it". It was even more beautiful than the previous and fit perfectly; it just needs a hem and bustle. Chris suggested helping me take pictures to send to my mom. I decided to purchase it right away, for fear that someone else would. Chris did not pressure me to buy the lovely accessories she had suggested, and provided me the names of 3 seamstresses. The 50% original price was just the icing! For the modest brides, don't worry about being undressed in front of a stranger. Chris is adept at assisting you, while at the same time looking away to give you privacy.

Heidi · Married on 10/16/2016

Gowns: This store is where I found my beautiful wedding gown! I almost didn't go to the store, because it is an hour drive from my house, and it had been snowing all morning. I headed out anyway, and I'm so happy I did! The first dress I stepped into was THE ONE. I didn't even try another dress on in the store. It was so beautiful and perfect! And, since it was a sample dress, it was 50% OFF OF RETAIL. Even though I only ended up needing to try on one gown, there were many beautiful gowns in the store, so never fear! Every person who has seen a photo of me and my dress can't say enough about how beautiful it is.
    Service: Chris was great. She has a lovely demeanor. She was always helpful, never pushy. Once I put on my dress, I wanted to Facetime my mom on the phone (she lives in Las Vegas), and Chris was such a great sport. She held the phone so my mom could see me, and she was even seemed moved by the moment my mom and I were having with me standing in my wedding gown. She gave me great advice on how the dress will need to be altered, how to get my dress to Missouri (where my wedding will be), and she helped me get the dress into my car.
    Conclusion: If you are wanting to find a beautiful dress and don't feel the need to have it made for your from scratch, then go to Clever Bride Consignments Your dream dress could be waiting there. Mine was!!!

Taylor · Married on 09/25/2016

I had a wonderful experience at Clever Bride Consignment! The attention that we received was warm, welcoming, and so personal. Chris did an amazing job at listening to what I was looking for and helped me select dresses that were perfect for me. The selection is constantly changing and has a great variety of styles. They'll even put a dress and veil on 24 hour hold for you to think things over. So helpful! My best bridal gown shopping experience ever!

Emma · Married on 07/23/2016

I can only say how thankful I am to Chris for helping me find my dress. I had looked at many different places and I just couldn't find the dress I wanted at a price I was willing to pay. The amount of selection isn't as much as stores like Davids Bridal, but I still felt I was getting the attention I needed.

Gowns: They are generally sample dresses from other stores that she gets at a much cheaper price. This DOES NOT mean that it is in poor shape. My dress looked brand new. I did try on a few of them and she was very helpful to guide me to choose the dress I ultimately picked. My dress at a typical bridal store would have cost me $2500, but I got mine here for $800 what a bargain!

Service: I found my dream dress on her website and contacted her immediately. She was very quick at responding and was able to hold the dress until I came with my family to try it on. Chris was very helpful when trying on different styles. She never once pushed me to purchase a dress just because I'm looking. She was very patient and calm which made the process much better. I've been pushed to get dresses at other stores and that just made me more nervous to get something I may not like in the future. We saved my dress for last and she made sure that I looked the part to sway the family and it worked! I need some alterations and she gave me a contact she's worked with in the past that will help with the alterations. She also gave tips on what we could do for the dress to make it fit perfectly. At this point we had gone over our time slot and past the closing time, but she never once made us feel like she was trying to wrap it up.

Overall: I am thrilled with the dress I got and the service Chris gave us. She has made this whole experience even better. I would recommend anyone to go here and find the dress of your dreams and still feel good about the budget. My wedding is in a few months and cannot wait to wear this dress. I'm thrilled I found this store!

We went here on a whim today, no appointment necessary on the weekends. Chris was immediately there and ready to help. She had a great selection of dresses in various sizes all half off the original retail value. Clever brides will hold a dress for 24 hours for you too if you need time to think! I ended up with a beautiful T length gown and couldn't be happier.

Caroline · Married on 09/15/2015

I had a wonderful experience at Clever Bride Consignments. It was exactly what I was looking for. I wanted a local business, with a focus on customer service. This was a second wedding for me, so I did not want a huge warehouse with too much going on. I knew exactly what style dress I wanted and I didn't want high pressure. Chris was very sweet and listened to me. I had the boutique to myself and she made me feel like a queen! I then went back after my initial visit and we narrowed down the dresses. She told me to focus on 1) comfort; 2) destination; and 3) whether I felt beautiful in the dress. Those 3 concepts helped me find a BEAUTIFUL Maggie Sottero gown, This boutique was a welcome find and I highly recommend it!

Roy · Married on 05/16/2015

Friendly and helpful staff and great selection at reasonable prices. Highly recommend.

Anne · Married on 03/07/2015

I loved working with Chris!
    She is kind, knowledgeable, and has beautiful gowns! Once she gets a sense of your style, she also pulls gowns that you may have overlooked. She has excellent taste and takes great care with all the gowns. It is good to note, though, that most of the gowns are sample sizes.

She also recommended a wonderful seamstress to us who saw me the next day and did fantastic work.

Deborah · Married on 03/07/2015

I would highly recommend Clever Bride Consignments to anyone looking for a wedding dress. Chris helped our daughter find a beautiful wedding dress, and we left the store with the dress in arm the same evening, along with a recommendation for an excellent seamstress to do a few minor alterations. We had looked at several other stores previously, but the dresses available elsewhere could not compare with the quality (and price) of the beautiful wedding gowns available at Clever Bride Consignments.

Katie · Married on 10/11/2014

I started my dress hunt off at Clever Bride and couldn't be happier that I also ended it there :) After being engaged for 7 months we decided we wanted to plan our wedding in 3 months instead of agonizing over details for a year. This did not leave us a lot of time to order dresses etc so I looked online and read about Clever Bride.

When we got there there was racks of dresses in every size and we started just picking random ones to try on. Chris was amazing. When trying on the dresses she helped me figure out what it was about each dress I did vs. didn't like and went out and picked things she thought might work for me based on my suggestion. Chris was wonderful, she clearly knew her stuff and was genuinely interested in helping you find the right dress for you. Chris was very conscious and respectful that brides have budgets and was never pushy at all. I ended up finding a dress that fit almost perfectly with only little alterations needed that I loved. This was my first and last stop and I can say I never expected to be able to go in and out finding a wedding dress on the first shot but I am glad I did. The prices were incredible!

Chris also had great suggestions for adding a sash which I found a great one on Etsy that complimented the dress perfectly!

I would and already have without a doubt recommend at least checking out Clever Bride Consignment!

Lauren · Married on 01/31/2014

My fiance and I were putting together a wedding in less than 4 months and I knew I would have to purchase my dress off the rack. After visiting a few bridal shoppes where I felt I was always getting the sales pitch, I ended up at Clever Bride. Chris was awesome, patient and most importantly not pushy. I tried on 6 or 7 dresses and found two I loved. I came back 3 times after that with a different group of people each time and Chris continued with great patience, knowledge help, and we found the perfect dress and for a great price. The whole experience was wonderful and I would highly recommend Clever Bride!

Kristian · Married on 10/25/2013

This place is wonderful and Chris is extremely helpful and patient. I had a dress that I had bought just because it was so cheap at another consignment shop that was going out of business but as my wedding got closer I realized that I really wasn't ok with a cheaper looking prom style dress and the alterations would cost me an arm and a leg.

I only wanted to spend a couple hundred dollars on a dress so the consignment shop hunt started again. Our last stop was Clever Bride, I'm not a girly girl and very uncomfortable in dresses never mind having a complete stranger help me get in and out of them. Chris was extremely patient and helpful, I never felt pressured and she let me and my girls freely look around and waited until we were ready before stepping in.

I ended up falling in love with a dress that was a modern version of a classic lace gown, it was a little over my couple hundred dollar range but still $1200 below original sticker price (which is what they were still getting when I researched it). I mean having a $200 wedding dress budget was wishful thinking anyway :) I received so many compliments on it and truly felt like a bride on my wedding day. Thank you!!!

Page · Married on 10/13/2013

The boutique is set on the second floor of an adorably sweet old colonial. Christina is such a fabulous bridal consultant! She made me instantly feel comfortable. The wedding gown process can be incredibly overwhelming and she made it so easy. I love my beautiful gown and had to do slight alterations. I totally recommend thinking outside of the box and enjoying your time at Clever Bride Consignment.

Jennifer · Married on 10/12/2013

I had been researching wedding dresses online for months, but was having a hard time taking the plunge of actually trying on dresses. When some of our wedding costs started to swell, my dress budget seemed like the natural place to make some cuts, but this made the thought of walking into most bridal stores even more intimidating. I decided to start my actual search at Clever Bride Consignments because of the possible savings and low pressure option of not having to make an appointment. When I walked into the store and starting looking around I was immediately struck by the fact that most of the dresses looked completely new or at the very least in amazing condition. If you are looking for a less overwhelming experience then this quaint, well-organized boutique is a great option.

The store owner Chis is extremely kind, attentive and knowledgeable. I never felt pressured, but I was also able to get all my questions answered. When it came time to try on dresses, Chris walked me through the process to help me feel more comfortable, and went out of her way to help me figure out styling choices that would make my gown be an even more perfect fit for my super small fall Vermont wedding. I fell in love with the second gown I tried on- a Sottero & Midgley dress that I could never have afforded otherwise. The dress, a designer sample, was only $675, which has shocked everyone who has seen it. I feel so fortunate that I chose to start and end my wedding gown search with Clever Bride Consignments. I can’t recommend them enough for service, quality and kindness.

Rebecca · Married on 09/21/2013

The owner is incredibly helpful and friendly. The day I went I was the only one in the store and she spent a lot of time with me showing me various options and helping me try on dresses. I wasn't expecting to find much when I first decided to go, but wound up falling in love with 2 dresses! I finally decided on one and it was absolutely perfect. It was brand-new (still had the tags on it) and MUCH cheaper than if I had bought it at a full-priced bridal boutique. It was many sizes too large but I found a great seamstress in Belmont who was able to take it in and make it fit perfectly. I got the dress and alterations for under $1,000!

Kimberly · Married on 08/24/2013

I have to say I was a bit skeptical going to a consignment shoppe for a wedding dress. I had an idea of what I wanted but knew I wasn't willing to break the bank to get it. Chris and I had scheduled a private appointment which was perfect because there was nobody else there to distract us. I tried on about 8-10 dresses, many of which I REALLY liked. Then she pulled one out and said,"What about this one?" When I looked in the mirror and had tears in my eyes I knew it was the one! I couldn't say more wonderful things about the service, quality and value of this shoppe. I looked and felt amazing on my wedding day and all for a great bargain thanks to the help of Chris for picking out the dress for me based on the suggestions I gave her. Everyone gave me so many compliments on my wedding dress and some even said it was the prettiest dress they had ever seen. I even got my matching veil there too. I highly recommend is place to all the brides I know. Even though it was quite a commute it was well worth the trip!

My mom told me about this wedding consignment shop in her hometown. She went in and met with Chris, took some photos, and convinced me to come up to MA for a visit. I went in to the store with my mom and sister, tried on a few dresses – some of which I was able to pick out in advance from their website. And I found my dress! It was a steal, an almost-new sample for 400. I was so happy. Definitely check out this shop if you are in the area!

• Katya

Katya · Married on 05/13/2012

I can't say enough good things about Chris and her shop. I'm a fan of consignment stores in general, and I admit, was expecting a small, dark room filled with 10 or so dresses and a ton of trinkets. When I first walked in, I could hardly believe that this bright, airy salon was filled (in all sizes) with dresses on consignment! The prices are very reasonable, and everything is in perfect to near-perfect condition. Chris was kind enough to point out a quarter-sized stain on the very bottom corner of a dress I was considering, and I loved that I wasn't being pressured to buy --rather, it felt as if I was chatting with a friend and slipping on bridal gowns. Give this place a visit and I promise you'll be as delighted as I was.