Cleveland Uplighting Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• Erin
    Erin A. Married on 10/17/2020

Wedding August 2020

Jim did an awesome job with lighting for our event. We had a backyard wedding and ended up reaching out to Jim about 3 weeks before the event. He was happy to do it and came over to look at the backyard and come up with a plan for the lighting. He knew his stuff and came up with some pretty good ideas! There were several options to choose from (can't go wrong with any of them). Jim was also down to earth and a genuinely good guy. On the day we set up the tent, there was a small fiasco with the rain and the tent company didn't set up the tent properly. Jim arrived at the same time to set up lighting and actually spent a lot of time helping us fix the tent before he set up the lights. We were super appreciative of it and not to mention, he did an awesome job with the lights! Looked stunning on the day of the wedding, and especially at night. 5/5 stars, would recommend anyone use him.
  • Ling
    Ling Married on 07/05/2020

Very positive experience!

We had an incredibly positive experience with Cleveland Uplighting! Jim helped us set up the backdrop and lighting for our wedding. When we started, we only had some vague ideas of what we wanted. Jim came to our venue and gave us suggestions that helped bring our ideas to life. He was professional, detail-oriented, punctual, and extremely easy to work with. His work was BEAUTIFUL and I would definitely recommend him!

Cleveland Uplighting's reply:

Thanks so much, I really enjoyed working with the two of you and your beautiful venue! Best of luck with everything.
    ~ Jim Dewey
  • Molly
    Molly D. Married on 05/16/2020

Wonderful job

We were so happy with the lighting and help at our wedding at Hale Farm. Our flower arrangement that Jim hung from the ceiling was so perfect! We thought our rentals company was going to put up the lights over the dance floor but last minute we were told they couldn’t. Jim was able to do those for us and they looked amazing! We also had him put up lights in a tent and pavilion that looked wonderful! He did a great job!
    Mikey P. Married on 10/05/2019

Two Thumbs Up

Jim Dewey of Cleveland Uplighting is a rockstar.. My wife and I got married 2 months ago and we chose our venue, Columbia Hills Country Club, we loved the layout of the venue and the trees around were a nice touch.. But we new we had to dress it up to look elegant since our wedding was more on the elegant side.. We got the contact info for Cleveland Uplighting and met Jim within a week.. we were going through picture after picture and he gathered some ideas and put a quote for us together.. The main thing my wife wanted was a backdrop with a rose gold sequin drape and some lights mixed with ivory drapery.. Which was a bit of a challenge for Jim, in which he didn’t back down.. The end result was stunning.. he also wrapped the pillars in the venue with the same drapery.. Do not over look Cleveland Uplighting for your upcoming event.. Awesome work
    Nadine Married on 09/28/2019

I had a fantastic experience!

James and Alison were amazing to work with, they put lighting in my tent for my wedding and I couldn’t have been more please. The lighting and ambiance it gave was perfect! 10/10 from my experience! I will add more pictures once my photographer give me more but these are two I have now :) Thank you so much Cleveland Uplighting!!
  • Cody
    Cody C. Married on 09/21/2019

Great Vendor

Jim was very responsive and very thorough throughout the whole booking process. We had our wedding at the Ariel Pearl and it really gave the room the extra pop that we were looking for. I would highly recommend him to others.

Cleveland Uplighting's reply:

Thanks Cody! The Ariel Pearl is such a cool venue and a great room to uplight. So glad we could help make your day.
    ~Jim Dewey
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra Married on 08/17/2019

Amazing and beautiful!!

Jim was incredible to work with! He met with my husband and I months before our wedding to walk through all of the lighting details. He was very quick with communicating and responds very timely through email and texting! The night of our wedding the lighting was magical. We had hanging Edison bulbs over the dance floor as well as uplighting behind our bridal table and the entry way to our venue. It really added such a nice touch. I would recommend Cleveland Uplighting to all other couples in the future because they did the best job! I had no worries which is exactly what you want when planning a wedding. Thank you so much!
    Roger W. Married on 06/28/2019

Up lighting and ceiling drapes

great to work with Awesome job on lighting and ceiling drapes
  • Lauri
    Lauri B. Married on 11/03/2018

A 'Glowing' Experience!

Jim Dewey of Cleveland Uplighting is a man of his word. He met with us at our chosen venue at the appointed hour, walked through the venue with us taking detailed notes of everything we discussed, sent us an invoice that clearly listed every detail and what it would cost, and cheerfully adjusted things for us when we requested it. He arrived the evening before the wedding and was hard at work when we walked into the venue for rehearsal. He and his crew were pleasant, hard-working and meticulous in every detail of their job. They were back to tear down at the end of our reception and left the place as neat as it had been before they came - you'd never have known they'd been there! But the lighting was truly breathtaking. Our daughter, whose heart's desire was to have a 'sparkle-lit wedding', was thrilled with how the venue looked, and so were we. We cannot recommend Jim Dewey of Cleveland Uplighting more highly!
    Rachel Married on 10/06/2018

Easy and well worth it!

Spend the extra money because it will define your event! Well worth the price for such a huge impact
  • Eric
    Eric S. Married on 09/22/2018

Cleveland Uplighting is the BOMB!

Jim from Cleveland Uplighting was extremely professional and always available when we called. He did an awesome job!!! Everything looked beautiful and it was all highlighted by the fantastic work Jim provided! : )
    Kelly Married on 06/15/2018
    Jim was a real pleasure to work with! He was very easy to get along with and accommodated to last minute changes. Cleveland unlightinf provided the bistro lighting over the dance floor, uplighting behind the wedding party and string lighting throughout the venue. What we choose was all very affordable. Looked like a dream!!
    Mary Married on 06/09/2018
    Very professional and excited to have Cleveland Uplighting service the backdrop at my daughter's wedding. We are still receiving compliments on the beautiful backdrop. Thank you.
    Lisa Married on 05/26/2018
    Jim was excellent from start to finish. Very responsive, professional, and friendly. His lighting really added to the ambiance of my daughter's wedding. Would use him again in a heartbeat!
    Jeanne Married on 05/05/2018
    It was a pleasure to work with Cleveland Uplighting. They responded to calls quickly and easy to work with. It was worth the extra money to complete the wedding venue decorating.
    Kristyn Married on 06/17/2017
    I absolutely loved working with Cleveland Uplighting! The colored lighting took our venue to the next level and really changed the ambiance of the room, making our huge space with huge wooden dome ceiling feel intimate. Replies were prompt and they made sure to address my concerns with hiding the wires for the lighting and even setting up a few lights at our venue in advance so I could pick the color I wanted. 10/10!
    Nicholas Married on 10/08/2016
    I wanted to find a local vendor to do the uplighting for my wedding. I didn't know much about uplighting and Cleveland Uplighting was very useful. They responded very quick and were able to answer all of my questions. They were flexible and came out to my venue and showed me their idea for the wedding. One of my favorite features was the ability to sign the contact and pay over the internet. It was quick and easy to do.
    Doug Married on 09/17/2016
    Jim was fantastic! He was so incredibly easy and flexible. A pleasure to work with -- especially during this stressful time!
    Kelly Married on 09/17/2016
    Very easy to deal with. Would use Jim in a heartbeat, made is so easy for us. Had everything set up on time and perfectly the day of the wedding!
  • Joy
    Joy Married on 03/19/2016

Consummate Professional plus Congenial Demeanor

I highly recommend Cleveland Uplighting to take care of all your lighting needs. He is wonderful to work with and truly knows what he is doing. You don't want to trust these jobs to anyone else.
  • User1527141 2+ years ago
    Jim was wonderful to work with!
  • W
    Wendy Married on 10/17/2014
    Jim was flexible and attentive throughout my planning process. He worked with me and visited my venue on 2 occasions before the wedding and also accommodated extra lighting requests in the month leading up to my wedding. Hale Farm was new to Jim and he did an amazing job with limited outlets.....turned out more than amazing. Hoping future brides look to him to do a great job at a reasonable price. Watch the all in one decorators which try to pretend they can do lighting, too. Get a lighting professional....without a doubt the best decision I ever made. My pictures speak for themselves. Ask Jim for a view!!

Cleveland Uplighting's reply:

Thank you Wendy, you and Rick were an absolute pleasure to work with! Best wishes to you in your life together.
    Kelley Married on 06/17/2017
    Added such a great element to our wedding! the lighting and drapping in the barn made the space seem more upscale and gave us the classy outdoorsy wedding we wanted. Great to work with and didn't need any direction or info day of, which made my life easier! Totally recommend.
    Randy Event on: 07/14/2013
    Jim Dewey and Earthgrooves always do an awesome job - they are professional, dependeable and creative. We have used them for our shows over the last eight years and have always been pleased. We highly recommend them!
    Carla Married on 07/26/2013
    Jim made my wedding reception venue look wonderful :)