Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key Reviews

Rating 4.8 out of 5, 49 Reviews
View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
    Kelley Married on 06/30/2018
    Clearwater Beach Mariott Suites on Sand Key was AMAZING! Every person we encountered from the front desk, the valet guys, the bell hops, the waiters, the bartenders, all the way to our AMAZING!!!!! Wedding coordinator Danielle! Everyone was amazing & accomindating to us & every single guest we had from New York! Everyone raved about the hotel, the venue, the food, & everything about the hotel & the wedding! We couldnt have been happier about the venue we chose! Highly recommend this venue and staff! Thank you for making the most important day of our lives PERFECT!!
    Heather Married on 05/06/2017
    We LOVED our whole wedding weekend at this Marriott! We had a bumpy start, however everything worked out excellent the weekend of. Along the way, we were switched to 3 different Sales and Catering Managers (due to turnover). Additionally, the room booking manager would only release up to 3 rooms at a time in our block, and given that it was a destination wedding, it often showed our block as "sold out" when it was not, which resulted in us having to make several phone calls, my family and bridesmaids also calling, and the room booking manager never returned any of our calls. However, once Amy Kirkwood took over as the newest Sales/Catering Manager, we had a 180 turnaround with our experience, including her working with the booking manager to make some shifts. She was INCREDIBLE to work with! She was prompt, responsiveness, and followed up on everything we asked about/for. Fast forward to the day of the wedding and Amy was available whenever I needed her. The staff at the Marriott was TOP NOTCH, and we were on a first name basis with everyone from valet, check-in, bar managers, servers, etc.! Our guests also all commented on how friendly and fun the staff was, and what a great time they had at the hotel. We honestly felt like VIPs all weekend. We truly could not have asked for a better or more beautiful venue. The veranda for the ceremony was breathtaking (and we were allowed to decorate the arch, chairs, etc. how we wanted). The space for the reception was wonderful, as we had the ballroom and the whole hallway outside to ourselves. Our guests still comment about how much they loved the venue, and my husband and I are making plans to try and come back for our 1 year anniversary. Thank you all for such an amazing weekend!
    Megan Married on 04/08/2017
    It is a BEAUTIFUL venue for a wedding reception. Every wedding I've ever been to something has gone wrong. NOTHING went wrong at our wedding and it was perfect and beautiful and ran so smooth. Danielle was so awesome and she made sure everything ran so smoothly and also let us decorate the place with "extras" however we wanted. The lady that set up the room even asked us an opinion on the way the napkins were set up. We did our ceremony on the beach through a vendor that this Marriott recommends (Beach Wedding by Jules) and our beach wedding ceremony was absolutely perfect! The marriott staff is awesome and they were so nice to all our guests even those not staying in the hotel. It is a stunning reception venue and it's perfect!
    Lauren Married on 05/21/2016
    Jena was phenomenal to work with, she responded quickly to emails and calls and made me feel very at ease especially towards the end. The Marriott is a beautiful venue, we were able to have our cocktail hour outside on the patio which was gorgeous. The room size was perfect for our group of 100 and the dance floor was huge! Everyone loved the food and the service. I wouldn't change a thing if I had to do it all over again!
    Melissa Married on 03/05/2016
    The whole Marriott staff was very helpful, accommodating and GREAT to work with. It was my daughter's wedding and they did everything possible to make it a wonderful experience and time. I hope to go back to this location for just a vacation at some point.

Thanks again to everyone - Jena, Michael at the front desk, Michael the bartender, tiffany to just name a few that I had the pleasure of having them help me,

Melissa Riddell
    Rebecca Married on 03/05/2016
    The Marriott Suites on Sand Key was a phenomenal place for our wedding weekend! Jena was our coordinator and helped walk me through the entire process and constantly checked in the day of to ensure that everything was running smoothly. The entire staff the day of was so polite and truly made our special day one to remember. I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a waterfront ceremony as it has that, without all the sand!
    Sherry Married on 10/17/2015
    The Marriott is the best and most accommodating hotel. Sara Huberty was fabulous and so professional. She went above and beyond coordinating our wedding. When our florist didn't show up, she took care of it for us and saved the day! This hotel's staff and Sara are simply amazing. My family, friends and I highly recommend them for your wedding or for a beach weekend. They're awesome!

Holly and Kyle
    Sherry and Bill
  • User2359900 2+ years ago
    We were very impressed with the professionalism and details associated with Marriott Sand Key.
  • User4706087 2+ years ago
    Fantastic to work with and very accommodating.
  • User1969085 2+ years ago
    We had our wedding in May at the Marriott sand key! We worked with Lauren and she was the best to work with! She answered all my questions so timely and was definitely there for me whenever I needed anything! The service was impeccable on my big day and the day turned out perfect thanks to Lauren and her team!
  • W
    Wendy Married on 05/03/2014
    I loved this venue - it fit exactly what we wanted for our wedding - elegant but casual. Lauren Heinz, our coordinator, worked with us every step of the way. She answered every question we had and within hours. As a DIY Bride - this was very important to me. I am most grateful that even though the weather looked iffy for our ourdoor ceremony, Lauren was ready at a moment's notice to accommodate our wishes (indoor or outdoor ceremony). Luckily we were able to have the ceremony outdoors as planned. The food was outstanding - not what you expect from a wedding. Many of our guests commented on how good the food was and stated that they wished they had doggie bags - LOL!

The whole process from booking the venue to the tasting to the wedding itself was flawless. The Marriott Sand Key was outstanding and we thank them for making our wedding spectacular!
    We look forward to coming back here year after year to celebrate our anniversary.
    A Married on 04/12/2014
    They made everything incredibly easy at this beautiful venue. We're so glad we got married here! Lauren (the coordinator) did an amazing job and was super-helpful before, during, and after our wedding.
    Leslie Married on 04/05/2014
    The marriott clearwater suites on sand key was a perfect wedding choice for my destination wedding. The planning process was smooth and effortless while working with their wedding planner.
  • User1571747 2+ years ago
    Event went off without a hitch! It was a pleasure dealing with the management and staff at the hotel.
    Rene Married on 12/07/2013
    We had our December wedding at the Marriott and it was a great venue. It was the largest wedding they ever had (240 guests) but did a fantastic job. Throughout the planning Lauren was very well organized and responded to questions quickly. Overall, we were extremely satisfied and would recommend the Marriott to all Brides!
    Linda Married on 12/06/2013
    The folks at the Marriott were stupendous. Awesome job and highly recommended!!!!!
  • User1467764 Event on: 12/06/2013
    Lauren & her catering & planning team did an amazing job on the food & set-up of the venue. We had a great time. We highly recommend them for your parties & entertaining needs. Thank you!
    Nicole Married on 11/02/2013
    Marriott SandKey & Lauren were so wonderful for my wedding. She made the process easy and answered all of my questions along the way. She made sure that everything was perfect. She was so professional, responsive and if I needed anything she was right there to help. She puts in the effort and really wants to make sure her brides are taken care of throughout the whole hotel. I can't say thank you enough!
    Krystin Married on 11/02/2013
    My wedding was wonderful and Lauren Heinz was amazing. We has some pre wedding issues and she worked with us and for us and made our day a success
    Lauren Married on 10/12/2013
    Lauren and the team at the Marriott could not have done a better job. Lauren put every detail we talked about into action and was so helpful and organized! From the moment we arrived at the hotel everyone was so friendly and the staff was excellent. The food at our cocktail hour and reception was the best wedding food EVER. I recommend the Filet Mignon and the Florida Grouper which both come from the award winning WaterColors restaurant in the hotel. They were delicious!! The Marriott exceeded my expectations in every way! Thank you!!
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 08/31/2013
    We reside in Ft. Lauderdale FL, but I am originally from NJ & my husband NC so after about 6 months of searching for the perfect vendor in Ft. Lauderdale, we decided to take the 5 hour drive and take a change on the Marriott Sand Key & we couldn't be more thankful we did. We walked in and knew instantly that this was it, this was the place we were going to become husband and wife. The hotel at the time was even a little bit out dated, but by the time the wedding came around we were absolutely amazed by all the remodeling they did. It was perfect! When we signed we were originally working with Courtney who we loved, then we got a phone call saying she was transferred and we would now be working with Lauren Heinz. Let me tell you how nervous I was because It was top of my list on choosing a location. But when I tell you she was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING I mean she was nothing short of that. She was always there to talk to when we had a question and did everything she could for us prior and during the wedding. I knew of other friends that got married at other Marriott hotels, and they had to set up all their stuff (card table, centerpieces etc) themselves, but Lauren collected all my stuff day before and handled it all herself, & everything looked absolutely amazing. It didn't matter to her what anyone else said, she knew what I wanted and made sure I got it! It was truly a pleasure to work with her, and if I ever have another big event I plan on going back just because I enjoyed so much working with Lauren. Thank you again, for all your hard work for our special day..we will be forever grateful! :)
  • User1197262 2+ years ago
    Great venue, great staff, great coordinator!
  • Jenna
    Jenna Married on 05/11/2013
    Lauren Heinz the wedding planner at Marriott went above and beyond to make our day special! It was so beautiful and such a great time!
  • User1158423 2+ years ago
    We loved having Lauren as the Event Planner, she is sweet, flexible and very helpful. All the staff had a great attitude and were really hospitable.
    Marianne Event on: 05/04/2013
    Everyone I worked with - Lauren, Tom, Jesse, Yvette, and I'm sure others but I don't have their names - we wonderful. You made my niece's graduation party something she will remember forever with no worries on my part. Thanks!