Classic Entertainment DJs Reviews

Classic Entertainment DJs 2
  • Colleen

Colleen Minnick · Married on 04/12/2019

A Great Night

Steve was a complete professional and made the night great. He walked us through the night before hand when he met with us to discuss for over an hour to go over every concern we had and give us his expert opinions. The day of he was early and had everything setup without an issue. He met with us both an refreshed us on the game plan for the night including entrances, mother/father dances, speeches etc. We received compliments from multiple guest on how good the play list was an how he kept the whole party dancing. He had a good mix of oldies dance music with new pop hits that everyone could enjoy. He also took requests and mixed it up with slow songs at the perfect times. He was a great hire and we would definitely hire him again in the future and highly recommend his services to anyone.

Sent on 04/25/2019

Corey Walther · Married on 11/13/2018

Great, professional DJ who keeps the floor filled

Steve was the DJ at our wedding and he did a fantastic job with the music during our ceremony, the cocktail hour and our reception. Steve arrived several hours early to our venue to make sure he was all set up and ready to go. He was professional and pleasant to work with. We provided a list of songs we like and songs to absolutely not play. Steve did a great job reading the age groups and the mood of our guests and keeping the dance floor filled. We had so much fun at our wedding and couldn’t have been happier with our selection of Steve as our DJ. I highly recommend Steve and Classic Entertainment

Sent on 11/13/2018

Cate · Married on 09/08/2018

Great Wedding DJ

Steve was easy to work with and our dance floor was tons of fun. No regrets!

Sent on 11/14/2018
  • Tim B.

Tim B · Married on 06/30/2018

Great event with Steve!

Steve is the man! The best wedding DJs manage to stay out of the spotlight and keep the guests dancing all night long and Steve accomplished both. He came recommended to us from our caterer and we couldn't have been happier with a DJ. We could tell he was a total pro right from the first service inquiry -- prompt replies, full transparency about the service he could provide, and planning tips to help with all things wedding-related from a guy who has seen a few weddings in his day. Our wedding was outdoors and he supplied all the equipment to have music and a wireless microphone at the ceremony. Instead of selecting the playlist for the entire day, he had us pick the usual important moments, a general theme, and a do-not-play list and then took care of the rest.

A few moments that highlight the level of commitment and expertise you get with Steve that stood out to us:
    -He recognized that the mother son dance song was pretty long and said he would be on the lookout for a nonverbal cue to fade the song out after enough of the moment had been soaked in.
    -He tactfully resisted guest pressure to play a song that didn't fit the mood despite repeated efforts from several guests.
    -It was over 90 degrees the entire day and he wore his tux the whole time.

You can't go wrong with Steve!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Sean · Married on 03/17/2018

Great Experience

Steve was great to work with the entire time. Helped out so much with planning and MCing on the day. Highly recommended

Sent on 11/23/2018

Kevin · Married on 10/20/2017

Steve was the quintessential wedding DJ for us. From our initial meeting to the completion of his contract there was nothing else we could ask for regarding a truly great wedding experience. We were told from the beginning that the one thing you should not skimp on was the wedding entertainment and without a doubt Steve far surpassed what we were looking for and he was the best thing about our wedding.

Sent on 01/01/2018

Paul · Married on 10/14/2017

Steve did an amazing job at our wedding. After my husband and I initially met with him, we were confident that he would be able to get any crowd onto the dance floor. I have no doubt that he would have done an incredible job if we just let him handle everything. However, I am a little OCD so we put together a "play list" and a "do-not-play list." We asked Steve to just stick to the songs on the "play list." He did an incredible job of feeling out the crowd and determining which songs to play at which times. So many of our guests were raving about him both at the wedding and afterward. I give him my strongest recommendation as I'm sure he would do an incredible job at any kind of event!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Jess · Married on 10/06/2017

Of all the vendors my husband and I worked with for our wedding, Steve was by far our favorite. We would have been lost without him on our wedding day. Put simply, Steve did not just provide DJ services for our wedding - he kept us on track all night. So many things would have been forgotten or overlooked if Steve had not been there to remind us. We provided both the ceremony and reception music for our wedding. He allowed us to customize everything we needed and stuck to our song lists faithfully. He did a wonderful job announcing everyone even though I had mistakenly forgotten to give him a few names in advance and he had to get them from me before the ceremony. He worked through all of those last minute hiccups without any issues and was the consulate professional all night. We wanted to do a few special dances during the reception and Steve made sure to come up to us in advance and check to make sure it was the right time. He was so helpful and after looking back at the night my husband and I realized just how much he kept things on track during the reception when it is so easy to completely forget about the time. As a DJ, Steve really nailed the pacing of the music. Just from looking at my photos from the night, you can see that the dance floor was always packed and everyone had such a wonderful time. Leading up to the wedding, Steve was just an email away anytime I had a question or needed anything. I was emailing him microphone requests the night before the wedding and he was so accommodating. We are so glad we choose Steve for our wedding and highly recommend his excellent services. Thank you Steve! -Jess & Sean.

Classic Entertainment DJs 3
    Classic Entertainment DJs 4
    Sent on 11/06/2017

Nicole · Married on 10/15/2016

Steve DJ'ed our wedding in October and was without a doubt phenomenal!! We booked about a year out and I bugged him with many questions from time to time. He always steered me in the right direction and gave me his honest opinion. From our ceremony music to the very last dance, he kept us at ease and was very attentive! I could not recommend a better DJ!

Megan · Married on 10/14/2016

We are so happy that we chose Steve as our wedding DJ. We appreciated how he took the time to meet with us in person to discuss our overall vision and go over the various packages. He was very responsive and easy to work with, and promptly responded to any questions we had leading up to the event. We sent along a list of songs we liked so he could get a feel for our musical taste, and he thoughtfully worked our ideas into the playlist he crafted for our big day. He truly knows how to pace the night and build energy in the room. He kept people on the dance floor for nearly three hours straight! If you want a DJ who is personable, professional, flexible and knows how to maintain the flow of the party, Steve is an ideal choice!

Sent on 11/02/2016

Vanessa · Married on 09/30/2016

Steve was amazing! Very responsive, made sure he played the music we requested and was extremely professional. I would definitely recommend him!

Sent on 10/01/2016

Mackenzie · Married on 09/02/2016

Steve was a great DJ and we'd recommend him to any couple! He was easy to collaborate with, and was flexible with our needs. He is open to input from couples about what they want in music choices and things like introductions, but is also able to take charge if you want him to feel the room. I had initially asked him to do just our reception, but after I found out we needed amplification of our ceremony, he was able to add that service for us. Steve is great about doing the necessary work for venues that have multiple different areas that need to be set up for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. Steve was able to keep the dance floor packed and everyone had a great time!

Sent on 04/03/2017

Judi · Married on 08/06/2016

Steve demonstrates utmost professionalism in planning and executing his DJ devices. Steve takes the time to get to know his clients and get a feeling for the audience prior to the event. During the event Steve was able to keep the dance floor rolling all night long! We had many compliments about the great variety and choices of songs! Everyone was dancing all night! Steve also presents with a positive, outgoing personality with a lot of energy! Steve did the music for our ceremony as well and with little direction from us as a couple and everything was perfect! His knowledge of the industry and his enthusiasm and passion for his work is evident!

Mandy · Married on 06/10/2016

Hiring Steve and Classic Entertainment for our wedding last June was one of the best decisions we made! Through the entire process he was professional, detail oriented, supportive and fun. Our wedding, reception and celebration would not have been as perfect without him. So grateful for all he did to make our day amazing!

Sent on 03/22/2017

I would recommend Steve with Classic Entertainment without hesitation. Steve was extremely professional, but totally relatable. We were scared about DJs, because we've all been to those weddings with that cheesy DJ. Steve was the complete opposite- he was knowledgeable and provided a well-rounded perspective. He allowed us so much flexibility and made sure that everything from the pre-ceremony music and cocktail hour to the dance floor ran smoothly. He kept the dance floor full the whole night. He also provided a great photo booth that we squeezed about 10 people into. The attendant was so sweet and patient and the photo booth accessories were fun and clean! I'm so glad we went with Steve. He helped make our wedding day unforgettable.

Sent on 01/24/2016

Steve was great to work with, and I'm glad I found him on Wedding Wire because I had interviews with several DJs both through this site and elsewhere, and he's the only one who fit into who I wanted running our reception! Beforehand, we had communicated a lot through phone and email talking about the day and his recommendations for how we should plan things out, and then our meeting at a local Wegmans went quite smoothly ironing the day out. I'm an audiophile myself and I had songs in mind that I wanted to be played as well as specific timings for those songs, and Steve worked with me and through out collaboration, everything turned out flawlessly! During the reception he gave us updates at the most opportune times when we were available, so that helped to give us a heads up of what was to come next in the whirlwind of events for the day.

Ultimately, a DJs main job is to keep everyone moving on the dance floor, and he delivered here as well, I didn't seen one full or even half full table in the place once we were past dinner, he got everyone moving and having a blast of a time! Steve was dressed appropriately for the venue, very cordial with everyone, and he was a great speaker; he ticked all the boxes on my wishlist and delivered 110%!

Thanks for everything Steve!

Sent on 11/20/2015

Lindsay · Married on 06/21/2015

Steve was referred to us through a mutual friend to DJ our wedding at the Phoenixville Foundry and we could not have been happier. He worked with us in choosing our key songs and then filled in all of the rest of the night with the perfect mix of music that kept everyone, all ages, on the dance floor. My new husband and I highly recommend his services for your event!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Steve was referred to me through a good friend as he has provided entertainment for her wedding and many of her friends. He was unfortunately not able to book our wedding due to a prior commitment but was able to connect us to a friend of his (Verdine Jennings). I would highly recommend either DJ as they treat their clients right. Trust them with your big event!

Rob & Kate

Sent on 09/04/2015
  • F

Frank · Married on 05/16/2015

I have know Steve for several years and he has provided services at several events for a company I previously worked for and has always done an excellent job.
    The most recent event was my daughters wedding. I never even spoke to another company as I knew Steve was my guy.
    Steve hit all the preparation details in advance, went over the event timelines, intros, blessings, toasts, dances, specific requests. The day of the wedding, he had everything in order, tweaked a few things that needed to be adjusted and kept me updated. Steve handled everything perfectly and the dance floor was packed from the first dance to the last dance. How many weddings do you see that at? As guests were leaving, they would thank us for having them and say "Your DJ was awesome!" Again, how many people normally say that? Steve is more than a DJ, he is the director of the event. I would highly recommend Steve to anyone! You wont be sorry!

Sent on 05/18/2015

Scott · Married on 05/09/2015

Steve was a wonderful entertainer. We had over 300 guests at our wedding and Steve always had the people on the dancefloor the entirenight. He knew exactly when to play the right songs at the right moment. Thank you Veronica and Scott

Sent on 05/12/2015

Amanda · Married on 05/01/2015

Steve from Classic Entertainment was an awesome DJ for our wedding. He was very helpful with any questions in planing our wedding and making sure everything ran smoothly. I highly recommend using Classic Enntertainment for your special events.

Sent on 05/30/2015

Steve is a great DJ. Very professional and easy to work with.

Sent on 05/22/2015

Jen · Married on 11/22/2014

Steve was great. Everyone at my wedding was dancing almost the entire night. We had some last minute changes to some of the planned songs and he was able make the changes without hesitation. He played all the requests we asked for and was a huge success with our guests of all ages.
    Thanks Steve!

Sent on 12/05/2014

Lindsey · Married on 11/15/2014

We hired Steve for our wedding on November 15th, 2014. Not only was he priced reasonably but he was a huge help with our wedding planning process. He even came to the house to go over specfics for our special night. We could not be happier with him and the wonderful memories he was able to create for us. I would recommend his services to anyone looking for the perfect MC for their special day.

Sent on 12/29/2014

Steve was a FANTASTIC DJ! He played all the right music to keep the party going all night. We gave him a list of song requests that he could play through out cocktail hour and reception and he played them all. He was extremely professional and provided suggestions when needed. Best DJ in the Philadelphia area....hands down!

Sent on 12/22/2014