Classic Catering Reviews

67 Reviews for Classic Catering

67 Classic Catering Reviews
  • Katy

Katy · Married on 06/30/2018

My husband and I hired Classic Catering after reading great reviews other customers wrote. We went for a tasting and everything was absolutely delicious. The Chef, Dean Young, was super friendly and prepared such wonderful food. Our Event Specialist, Susan Villani, was very enjoyable to work with and communicated with us from beginning to end with efficiency and promptness. Her assistance with planning and event rentals was fantastic. Our wedding went very smoothly and the most common remarks we have received from our guests have been about how delicious and amazing the food was. Also, many of the guests with whom we have spoken said that all the catering staff members they interacted with were pleasant and professional. One of our priorities when planning our wedding was finding a caterer who could make our loved ones happy and thanks to Classic Catering we succeeded. It is without hesitation that my husband and I recommend Classic Catering to anyone planning a wedding or similar event.

Mia · Married on 04/14/2018

Such a great experieince with Classic! They were reccomended to us by a friend who had also used them for her wedding, and we are so happy we did this. Their planner was super helpful with details leading up to the wedding, and the food was both delicious and beautifully presented. I had let them know I had a few family members that needed special food/attention and they were incredibly attentive to them which was SO important to me.

Sent on 05/17/2018

Classic Catering's reply:

Thank you, Mia, for sharing your experience with our catering services. It was our pleasure to ensure all your guests were taken care of! We appreciate the opportunity to be of service and are so grateful you were happy with the food, presentation and service. Thank you again and all the best! ~ Susan

Amanda · Married on 09/30/2017

My husband and I used Classic for our wedding in September and had the best experience! Our contact Susan was so friendly and easy to work with. She was accommodating to our schedules and made the process so easy for us, giving advice and tips for how to best serve our guests. The day of our wedding, I completely relinquished all control and Susan and her team executed everything so perfectly so I could be relaxed and worry-free on my wedding day. One of the most common compliments, even still, from our guests is how amazing the food was. It was all fresh, hot, and delicious! Their attention to detail surpassed all of my expectations. I had forgotten to tell them if we wanted to keep the top of our wedding cake and the next day my mother told me they made sure to give it to her. Now we have it stored for our 1 year anniversary! I really don't have a bad word to say about my experience with Classic. Our wedding day was perfect!

Sent on 12/08/2017
    Classic Catering 1

Classic Catering's reply:

Thank you Amanda for your detailed review of our catering services! We strive to keep things stress and worry free, provide delicious catering and 5-star service. We are so pleased to hear that the day was perfect for you and we wish you many more perfect days in the years to come!

Lucia · Married on 06/03/2017

We hired Classic Catering as our catering for both our rehearsal dinner, with around 100 guests, and our wedding dinner, feeding around 125 guests. We originally found them at the suggestion of our wedding venue, Gardener Ranch. We quickly made arrangements to do a tasting. We were so pleased with the food! Although, I must say, I feel that the food served and prepared for our events outshined the original tasting we did in Monterey. Many of our guests were raving about how tasty each and every course and meal was! As for the servers, bartenders, and event coordinators- everyone was extremely affable, and easy to work with. I felt like everyone went out of their way to create an amazing event. They were also extremely flexible to work within our budget and various food restrictions. I cannot say enough praise about Susan and Jennifer. Susan really helped us through the planning process and communicating back and forth. Jennifer was absolutely incredible on the days of. Unfortunately, I came down with laryngitis during the wedding weekend; Jennifer took it upon herself to make sure that I was always looked after. She brought me food, tea, water, and boxed up some extra food to and stored it in the fridge for me, in case I got hungry later. Thank you so much Classic Catering for helping make our wedding weekend so memorable for all the right reasons!!

Sent on 07/20/2017

Classic Catering's reply:

It was such a pleasure to be your caterer at Gardener Ranch for your wedding and rehearsal diinner! We loved your idea of the paella station for the rehearsal dinner with the sorbet station! Glad to hear it exceeded the tasting and both events made for good memories. Thank you again for selecting Classic Catering!

Susan · Married on 04/22/2017

We chose Classic Catering based on the reviews, we didn't even do a trial taste test!
    We got married at The Mission San Juan Bautista then reception followed at Casa Maria. Susan was our coordinator. She was great and extremely patient with my back and forth concerns. I greatly appreciated Susan's ability to keep me on track. Susan met me at Casa Maria a week before my wedding to talk about the Reception & table layout. Susan was so helpful pointing out areas that I hadn't considered, ranging from high cocktail tables to needing a table for the cake! Her professionalism goes above and beyond our expectations!
    Now too the food. We had the Cosmo salad, Beet & Gorgonzola salad, fingerling potatoes, TriTip, seasonal vegetables, Parmesan & mushroom Risotto, mac & cheese(for kids) adults raved about it! Our choice in food was scrumptious! The quality, the presentation and how delicious it was makes us really happy that we choose classic catering for our wedding. We are still receiving emails and calls from our guests raving about the food 3 weeks after our wedding.
    It's not just the spectacular food that we were so pleased with, the service staff were amazing and The Captain (I can't remember her name) made sure not only the food ran smoothly but made sure all presents, and flowers got packed up and transported back to our hotel. She was amazing! The service staff go above and beyond our expectations.
    We highly recommend Classic Catering for your wedding too!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Classic Catering's reply:

Thank you Susan for selecting Classic Catering and trusting us to make your wedding reception a success. It was our pleasure to be of service and we so appreciate your kind comments!
  • V Crow

Violeta · Married on 03/11/2017

The food is delicious. The price is a bit on the expensive side but the quality of the food is very high. The staff is very nice and always on top of things. The roaming reception style is fun and innovative. They have so many options in the menu that you'll have a hard time picking only a few. Everyone at our wedding kept telling us that the food was incredible!

Cindy · Married on 12/03/2016

I would not hesitate for a minute recommending Classic Catering for any event. The food was incredible, the staff was very professional and friendly and extremely efficient. It is a first class operation and very accommodating. They did our daughters wedding and I am still getting rave reviews about the food from our guests!

Larry · Married on 10/22/2016

This venue is Heaven. The house, originally built in 1860, has been reconfigured into a "Father of the Bride" setting. Beyond that, the food is unbelievable and the staff will make you feel like yours is the only event they live for. Our daughter was married there weeks ago and we haven't stopped living the fairy tail ever since. Ask for Richard---he will meet your every need and then some.

Sent on 11/11/2016

Classic Catering's reply:

It was a pleasure working with your daughter and you! Thank you so much for your kind words. - Richard

Ashley · Married on 10/22/2016

Another of our favorite wedding vendor we worked with :D Classic Catering deserves the kudos they receive and glad we took the advice of the many reviews here! We went for a tasting and that sold us firstly. In addition, we had the chance to meet Chef Dean who share the philosophy that the food was the most "important" aspect of the wedding day that guests recall. Granted I'm a food lover and our wedding goals were great food in a relaxed atmosphere with friends & family. Our guests, including the kids gave major kudos to the food they had (carving station, mac & cheese station!, all the extras). They even accommodated a dessert preference of mini churros with caramel sauce in shot glasses. The Gourmet Mac & Cheese station was the hit, they came served in cocktail glasses. It was the one item we had not tried beforehand but that is how much faith we had in their team. Their customer service was top notch and we had the best friendliest crew. My only grievance is that there is no restaurant to experience the wonderful galore we had on our day!

Sent on 05/13/2017

Classic Catering's reply:

Thank you for your wonderful comments! Richard said he had so much fun at your event and to tell you that when you're ready, let’s plan your anniversary celebration!!
  • U

Ushnish · Married on 10/08/2016

If you are thinking of having a wedding in the Monterey area, Classic Catering is easily the go-to option. We worked with Richard and he is simply phenomenal! Not only does he already know most of the vendors and venues in the Monterey area, but he also seems to have almost infinite patience when working with stressed out confused couples like ourselves. We were calling and emailing him about nearly every conceivable question - from advice on how much of what kinds of alcohols to serve (we served our own so he actually had no obligation to help us but helped tremendously anyway), suggestions on decorating our venue, wedding flow ideas and fine tuning everything near the end. We managed to secure Classic before any other vendor and he was a guiding force in shaping major parts of our wedding. The best part was, when we had a drastic change in our flow merely 3 weeks before the wedding, we thought there was no way we could start from scratch and have a new flow but he proved to be extremely flexible and made everything work out, in fact better than what we originally had.

Lastly of course I should mention that the food Classic provides is delicious and in more than sufficient quantities. They were well on time with placing and moving around the furniture and decor, the entire time they worked they were hardly noticeable. It was overall a picture wedding from start to finish and it definitely would not have been possible without Classic and particularly without Richard's help :)

Sent on 01/12/2017

Classic Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. It was such a treat for us to be a part of your special day and such a wonderful venue. All of us at Events By Classic Catering wish you both all the best for many years to come!

Corrie · Married on 02/27/2016

Classic Catering provided the food for our wedding reception at Gardener Ranch, and we could not have been happier with the quality of food and service. We loved absolutely everything about Classic Catering! Our guests are still raving about the food. Erin was so professional and easy to work with. We had a lot of questions and made several adjustments to the menu, but she made it all so easy. We highly recommend Classic Catering!!!

Sent on 04/17/2016

Classic Catering's reply:

We absolutely love catering at Gardener Ranch, and we appreciate you both for trusting us with something as important as your custom Wedding Menu. Our bartenders were thrilled to serve your special brews from the custom beer bar! Wishing you all the best!

Elegant presentation! Phenomenal food! Exceptional Service!

My husband and I were blown away by the amazing cuisine served up by classic catering. Our guests are still telling us that our wedding provided the best meal they have ever had at a wedding.

Classic catering offered a roaming reception, which is a dinner service style my husband and I were unfamiliar with. The roaming reception allowed our guests to have the freedom to mingle while they enjoyed their dinner as every course was hand delivered to them without having a seat assignment.

My husband and I loved the large menu selections that we got to pick and choose from to make our ideal wedding menu. Classic also only uses their menu choices as a guide and they are 100% open to adding any requested foods or changing any menu items to make sure it is exactly what you want for your big day.

Classic catering was the best choice we could have made for our wedding meal! We hope you don't miss the chance to have them host your event! Contact them today!!

Melissa · Married on 09/12/2015

Classic catering catered our wedding in Carmel Valley CA. The good was phenomenal! The service and professionalism was too notch. We had ribeye, sea bass and butternut squash ravioli. All amazing! The Cosmo salad is delicious and the crab cake appetizer with New Orleans remoulade was addicting!!!!! Really appreciative to this company for making our wedding so delectable!!

Sent on 09/14/2015

Classic Catering's reply:

Thank you Melissa & Kyle for allowing Classic Catering and Richard to be a part of your Folktale Winery Wedding. It was an amazing wedding reception and a pleasure to handle the catering for this wonderful event.

Kristen · Married on 08/08/2015

We absolutely LOVED the food that Classic provided for our wedding! It was delicious and catered to our specific tastes. My husband wanted a Spanish flair, and the chefs went above and beyond to provide a wonderful dinner.

From the tasting to the actual wedding day, everyone we dealt with at Classic was incredibly friendly, responsive and helpful. Richard was our point of contact and he was wonderful! He was patient as we went back and forth finalizing the menu, and even drove down for a wedding walkthrough with us a month before the wedding.

If you want delicious, amazing food and impeccable service, we would definitely recommend Classic Catering!

Sent on 09/05/2015

Classic Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for letting us be a part of your great and special day! It was such a pleasure for us to work with you. We wish you and Russell all the best!

Eric · Married on 07/18/2015

Richard Wood and Classic Catering both exceeded our expectations for our Monterey destination wedding. Being from out of town and unfamiliar with local vendors, we used Wedding Wire to select Classic Catering sight unseen. We were able to make 2 planning meetings with Richard in the months prior to the wedding, but in the end, we trusted Classic with creating the relaxed, garden-style reception that we desired. We also used Events by Classic to coordinate our amazing Asilomar Beach ceremony, and everything went without a hitch!

Richard went above and beyond when we had a last minute snafu (our fault) and were missing one table. He quickly coordinated the rental of extra table before anyone knew any differently. We were so impressed by this incredible resourcefulness and flexibility.

All our guests loved the food (whole roasted pig was a WOW) and the service was impeccable.

We were so glad we put our faith in Classic Catering, and we felt we received fantastic service at a reasonable cost.

We highly recommend Classic Catering (and Richard Wood) for anyone wanting to get married in the Monterey area.

All I can say is that the food was AMAZING! Our guests kept raving about it. We had chateaubriand and lobster tails. The tails were HUGE and delicious as was the filet. The martini glass salads were outstanding. Special thanks to Erin who helped prepare the menu.

Sent on 07/09/2015

Classic Catering's reply:

The Chefs enjoyed creating such an elegant menu for you and your guests. The lobster & filet duo were the perfect plate to match your ocean back drop in Big Sur! Congratulations – Cheers!

Desiree · Married on 05/02/2015

Classic Catering catered my wedding last month and I could not be more thrilled with the quality and deliciousness of the food as well as the outstanding service they provided in helping the wedding run smoothly. Hana Nishiguchi was a godsend and really made the extra effort to help with all the wedding preparations above and beyond the yummy food. Since I currently live in Seattle it was challenging to plan my wedding from out-of-state and with Hana's professional experience and know-how she was able to help me through the entire process. I really appreciated how much Hana cared about making my wedding perfect. She took the time to meet with my parents and me at our venue (my parents' home) as well as at Chic Event Rentals on numerous occasions not only to help with making decisions but also to reassure us that everything was going to be beautiful. I don't think the wedding would have gone so well without Hana and her awesome staff who did such a wonderful job serving and attending to our guests at the wedding. In addition to being wowed by Classic's stellar service, the food was outstanding!!! All our guests raved about how delicious the food was and as a big food person myself I was very happy with how everything tasted and how it was presented (it was beautiful and scrumptious-looking). My only regret is that I didn't eat more of the wedding food that day, hopefully I'll get another chance to enjoy their food when my sister gets married...she wants Classic to cater her wedding now too! :D

Vicki · Married on 05/02/2015

Classic Catering came with our booking for the Perry House, and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect reception. The food and the drinks were fantastic and our guests couldn't stop raving about it. We opted for the Strolling Reception with live Chef Stations and it was amazing. There was not a single thing we would change. If you're looking for a wonderful caterer, look no further. And you should ask for the Perry House as well. Perfect.

Kathy · Married on 04/18/2015

Classic Catering catered our wedding, and I wish I had ordered more food so we’d have had more leftovers! From the start, Erin was an enthusiastic and knowledgeable consultant. She gave us great information, exactly what we needed, never tried to sell us, even encouraged us to get other bids. Her follow-up and communication skills were excellent. She was always ahead of the game and ready with answers. The tasting cinched it—excellent food, good variety and range, and the best price we could find. They even provided some custom variations. On our wedding day, the staff and food arrived exactly as planned and everything went perfectly smoothly. Everyone loved the food. Thankfully, we had someone prepare plates for us while we were doing photos—which we didn’t get to eat until the last dance! The cake cutting was delayed, and they were very flexible with schedule adjustments. They also boxed the leftover food for us to take home. I’ll be recommending them to other friends who are getting married, hoping to get another taste!

Sent on 04/26/2015

Classic Catering's reply:

All of us at Classic Catering would like to thank you both for allowing us to be a part of your Wedding Day at The Monterey Dance Studio! You, your family and friends are the most incredible group of dancers. It was a special day and we were honored to provide your custom menu. It seems like the Glazed & Grilled Yakitori Chicken Skewers were the crowd favorite, and we may have to add the Prosciutto & Lemon Flatbread that you came up with to our catering menu!

Classic Catering did the catering for our wedding in April and let me just say they were amazing. From the our first meeting with them at the tasting to the event itself the staff at Classic, and more importantly, Erin, were top notch. At the tasting, the food they provided was amazing, but I remember commenting that it was easy to cook great food for a party of four, but could they duplicate it for a party of 80? I’m happy to say that they can and they did. We have heard from many guests complimenting us on the food served at the wedding. So the food was great, how about everything else?
    The planning went smooth and once again Erin was top notch, keeping constant communication about guest counts and rentals so everything was taken care of. We also used Richard as our day of coordinator, another service offered by Classic. I doubted if we needed this, but the future wife insisted and it turned out to be a great idea. We met him on the day before the wedding and were able to drop off all the stuff that needed to be set up and put on the tables. On the day of, he was the first line of problem solving, allowing my bride and I to focus on getting ready and enjoying the day. He was all over the place making sure everything was set up just how we had asked, getting the programs out and making sure we were on time.
    As for the actual day of the event, the servers were top notch. Everything was set up beautifully and the service staff was very courteous and helpful to the guests. They made sure everyone was served quickly at dinner and were on the spot refilling wine. All in all Classic catering did an excellent job catering our wedding and I can’t recommend them enough.

Sent on 07/02/2015

Classic Catering's reply:

Erin & Richard raved about how great it was to work with you both and how easy going and fun you are! All of us at Classic Catering really look forward to catering events at Holman Ranch and loved every second of serving you, your family and friends! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your wedding reception and best wishes for a long and happy life together!

Lara · Married on 11/15/2014

Believe the fabulous reviews. I am glad we did. We chose Classic Catering based on the reviews, their familiarity with our venue (Chatauqua Hall in Pacific Grove) and word of mouth. We are so glad we did. The food is scrumptious! We and our guests are still raving about the food and it's been over three months since the wedding.

It's not just the spectacular food that we were so pleased with. The support we received from Susan during the planning process and the night of the wedding was so helpful. Especially as we started our planning with her thinking we had one level of modest budget to work with, only to find later in the planning that we were going to need to be more economical. She helped us redesign to meet our new budget level without sacrificing a varied and fabulous selection for the buffet, with lovely presentation and excellent service, both for the buffet and bar. We elected to provide our own alcohol and hire their bar service. That worked fabulously. We found our small cadre of service staff to go above and beyond our expectations.

Additionally Susan was really good at staying in touch with us and sending reminders. We were very much having a DIY wedding and had too many planning tasks to keep track of (we opted not to have a wedding planner). I greatly appreciated that Susan initiated the follow-up with us. We were a couple that needed support and we were well taken care of.

We highly recommend Classic Catering for your wedding too!

Mary · Married on 10/18/2014

Classic Catering provided the food for our wedding, and we couldn't have been more pleased!

When I attended the tasting, I was definitely impressed. My husband and I had decided long ago that amazing food would be a huge part of our wedding budget, and Classic Catering delivered!

It wasn't your typical boring wedding food, but instead we got amazing dishes that any foodie would be raving about. From the hor d'ouevres to the main entrees, all of our guests and other vendors couldn't stop talking about how delicious everythig was.

Our wedding venue even had a brick oven that Classic Catering used to create savory flatbreads with Gorgonzola cheese and caramelized onions.

The care and presentation they put into their dishes was amazing. I am so glad they were a preferred vendor for our venue. They were definitely a vital part of making our wedding a hit!

Events by Classic is an all-in-one service. They provide the catering, venue, ceremony setup, and wedding planning. All I had to do was find a DJ, Photographer, and Cake maker. We had our wedding at Berwick Park in Pacific Grove, and our reception was .3 miles away at Gatherings. Perfect location for a fun, smaller sized, informal party (we had 75 guests). Erin was our Point of Contact...she was amazing. This was an affordable wedding and we got a lot of value for our money. Highly recommend!

• DarcieDear

Darcie · Married on 11/23/2013

Delicious!
    My husband and I were married at The Perry House, and Classic Catering made the food at our wedding reception just perfect.
    We really enjoyed the entire process that this caterer provides. The tasting was fun, the food was fabulous, and the choices were great. Best of all all the dishes were just as scrumptious on our big day.
    We had chef-manned stations where guests could have fish, meat, veggies, and even pizzas made to order teh awesome venue.
    It was a great way to serve the wonderful food in a fun and elegant, mingle-y way, and every morsel was a hit.
    Yum!

Christy · Married on 10/19/2013

We hired Jana with Classic Catering to cater our wedding in Carmel which was being held at a private estate. Jana was absolutely amazing to work with!!! She was extremely helpful from start to finish and beyond that often times, I felt like she was my personal wedding planner. We chose to have a pre-cocktail hour prior to the ceremony and as guests arrived, everything was carefully put into place. It was evident that Jana had clearly planned out all details to the T. Jana even prepared a timeline from start to finish with every possible detail of our wedding and shared it with our DJ to ensure a smooth evening. We had a total of 7 staff from Classic Catering on site to help with the evening and every single one of them did an amazing job. They were all very nice, fun, great personalities and friendly to all guests. We served three small plate entrees and our one main concern/request was that the food served was hot and fresh...Jana nailed it! We had the most amazing food - everything was presented beautifully and personally delivered to all guests no matter where they were (even the smokers over by the bushes were delivered their plates, lol). We received SO many compliments on the food - most referenced it being the BEST food they've ever had at a wedding and we agree! The food was great during the tasting provided prior to our wedding but it was even better the day of our wedding. We truly felt like we received VIP treatment the day of our wedding and it was noticed by all that Jana and her crew were the ones to thank. I'm a little sad that it's all over that I may just have to reach out every once in a while just to say hey! Jana is the sweetest thing ever. My husband met her before me and came home and said you're going to love her...And I do! I hope it's not weird if I call to try to hang out sometime...lol Thank you SO SO much!!!