classic cakes Reviews

161 | Jacksonville Beach, FL

161 Reviews for classic cakes

S · Married on 04/28/2013

Carol and her husband do an amazing job. We ordered both our wedding cake and groom's cake from Classic Cakes and guests were raving about how delicious the cakes were! Carol met with us at a time convenient to us and discussed design first. We had something very specific in mind and she executed it perfectly, but also spent a lot of time discussing design with us and drawing it out as well. We tasted several combos and Carol arranged for us to come back another day when she would be making a customized flavor we were interested in trying. Ultimately, we had about 20 guests less than what we had estimated but all of our cake was gone at the end of the evening because so many people wanted. Seconds!

Sent on 05/07/2013

Jessica · Married on 04/27/2013

People are still raving about how amazing our cake tasted, and the wedding was four months ago! Carol was a breeze to work with- We met with her once, talked about our ideas and looked at pictures, and had the cake planned and ready to go. And of course, the tasting part was amazing too. We look forward to working with Classic Cakes for years to come!

Sent on 08/27/2013

I was blown away when I saw our wedding cake at our reception. I met with them only once and showed them a picture from a magazine of a cake I wanted. The finished product was exactly like the picture, and tasted so good. I think most people expect wedding cake to have average taste, at best. However, people were raving at the wedding and after about how delicious the different flavors were. The frosting was really good, and not waxy at all. I would recommend them to anyone who wants a scrumptious cake that also looks amazing!

Sent on 04/23/2013
  • Nikki

Nikki · Married on 03/08/2013

All I can say is YUMMMM! If you want a wedding cake that looks beautiful and tastes moist and amazing... call Classic Cakes.

I got so many compliments on our cake. My guests were pleasantly surprised at the moistness and the taste of our cake. Most people went back for more.

And it looked so beautiful. It was just what we wanted. I know everyone wants the crazily decorated cakes using fondant but buttercream is by far the only way to go.

Sent on 03/14/2013

Our cake was gorgeous!!! At first we had a little difficulty coming up with a cake design that I was in love with but Carol worked with me & with a little of time & some imaginatuon she was able to put together a design that exceeded what I had ever imagined it to be. After adding some flowers to it it was just breathtaking. And to top it off the cake tasted better then any wedding cake I had ever had. For a cake that was supposed to feed 240 people & only about 200 there we had no cake left, that's how yummy it really was. Thanks Classic Cakes!!!

Sent on 03/19/2013

Aimee · Married on 02/23/2013

Classic Cakes make the BEST wedding cakes in Northeast Florida. Even before I decided to have my wedding at TPC Sawgrass (this venue uses classic cakes exclusively in their wedding packages) I knew that I wanted them to make my wedding cake. Many of my friends used them on their big day and it was the best cake I have ever tasted. I also really love how they do not use fondant yet the cakes look even more beautiful than any fondant cake. The fact that they use butter cream instead of fondant adds to the rich flavor of their moist and absolutely delicious cakes. I have to admit that my husband and I have already broken into our cake top (we still have some saved for our one year) because we couldn't wait to again taste the decadent almond cake that we had on our wedding day. This is coming from two people who never eat cake so the fact that we loved this really says something! You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Sandra · Married on 02/09/2013

Carol, of Classic Cakes, loves what she does. Your cake is her focus. She delivers what you want, and all the flavors my daughter chose for the different tiers were outstanding. The cake is still delicious days later. Beautiful, fresh & delicious!!

Sent on 02/13/2013

Kim · Married on 01/19/2013

Beautiful cake - and delicious too!

Sent on 02/24/2013

Alissa · Married on 01/12/2013

i cannot tell you how many guests raved over how delicious and beautiful our wedding and groom's cake were. BEST WEDDING CAKE EVER!!! carol is great and fun and easy to work with. every flavor was absolutely delicious!!!

Sent on 01/14/2013

Carol at Classic Cakes did an amazing job with our cake! She sketched the design for us during our first meeting and we felt that she really listened to our ideas and incorporated it into the cake. She was very willing to work with our budget. Her professionalism and experience was evident as soon as we walked in the door. The vast selection of flavors great! We chose the chocolate peanut butter cup, almond and raspberry filling and lemon with vanilla buttercream. It was a hit and we were soo happy with the finished product!

Sent on 11/12/2012

Kate · Married on 10/20/2012

Carol made us very comfortable from our first phone call to our last email. When we went for our cake tasting she started sketching out our wedding cake and right away that made us confident in our design. She had several choices for gold shades. And then for cake tasting we were able to taste ANY flavor we wanted not just the typical flavors they wanted us to taste. The pieces to taste weren't little slivers of cake, they were true slices of cake and OMG they were soo good. The day of our wedding the cake was just the same!! People that don't normally eat cake told us they were eating others cake!!! They also made our grooms cake (choc with peanut butter filling) it was a hit at the rehearsal dinner. Both were super moist. We were not disappointed at all. What we had at the tasting is what we had the day of the event!

Sent on 10/27/2012
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 10/20/2012

HANDS DOWN...THE BEST CAKE I HAVE EVER EATEN!!! Carol and her husband not only made my wedding cake a masterpice, but brought the grooms cake to life! My guest are still talking about the cakes!! THANK YOU GUYS!!!

Sent on 11/15/2012

I want to give a BIG thanks to Carol and her team at Classic Cakes! Our guests are still raving about our cake :) If you want to give your guests a cake they will NEVER forget, you have to go with Classic Cakes...you will not be disappointed! Thanks again!

Sent on 10/25/2012

Natalie · Married on 10/01/2012

Wow! Our cake was absolutely gorgeous! Our guests were just in awe of this beautiful cake! Carol was so wonderful, we ended up having more guests than originally anticipated. after we had already ordered the cake... she offered us several options to have more cake for our guests, we selected an additional grooms cake. It was jaguar themed and absolutely adorable. We had a lot of football fans at our wedding that absolutely loved it!

Thank you Thank You Thank You!

Sent on 10/10/2012

Samantha · Married on 09/01/2012

INCREDIBLE. The Classic Cakes team really came through. The presentation was incredible and the taste was even better! They went above and beyond for us to create our picture perfect cake: a Kentucky bourbon chocolate cake layer with new york style cheesecake, with buttercream icing-- a flavor and combo that they did just for us. Words can't describe how amazing this cake was-- there is no comparison. As far as for vendors in the North Florida area, they really take the cake!!! :)

Sent on 09/07/2012

Angelica · Married on 08/18/2012

Carol worked with us to design exactly what we wanted for our wedding cake and it turned out beautiful! The cakes they make are delicious, we received so many compliments!

Sent on 09/08/2012

Jen · Married on 06/09/2012

Oh my goodness! There are no words to describe how amazingly delicious our wedding and grooms cake were!! Classic cakes has numerous flavors and fillings to choose from. They made both our wedding and grooms cake and they both turned out perfect, beautiful and received so many compliments I lost count!

Sent on 07/10/2012

Amanda · Married on 05/19/2012

We got a chocolate/vanilla cake with the Reese's peanut butter cup icing. It was amazing! Everyone loved it!! I have never seen so many people at a wedding eat their cake.

I couldn't be happier with it! Can't wait to eat it again in a year!!

Sent on 06/07/2012
  • Peyton

Peyton · Married on 05/12/2012

Classic Cakes is absolutely fabulous! When I went and started doing cake tastings, I thought that I've never had a wedding cake before that really blew my mind, so it didn't really matter which vendor I chose. That was completely blown out of the water when I tasted Classic Cakes. All of the samples were so fabulous. It is by far the best cake I have ever tasted! Carol was amazing to work with, very quick to respond, helpful, and professional. Classic Cakes is a MUST DO for your wedding in Jacksonville!

chauntelle · Married on 05/05/2012

There is not one person that didn't say they absolutely loved our wedding cake. It was not only beautiful but the best cake I have ever had at a wedding. I have been contacted via email, facebook and phone by at least 10 people asking where I got my cake because they want to order it for birthdays etc. I used to love Cinottis and they are still a good local bakery but comparing the two cakes -Classic cakes beat them hands down.

Sent on 05/10/2012

Debby · Married on 04/28/2012

What can I say, people are still talking about my cake! We wanted butter cream so my wedding planner but me in touch with Classic Cakes, the cakes were beautiful, exactly what I wanted and fresh! Best cake ever!

Sent on 05/08/2012

Kellie · Married on 04/21/2012

Our wedding cake was amazing! We have had so many compliments on how great our cake tasted! Classic cakes was very easy to work with and everything was perfect on our wedding day! We would highly recommend Classic Cakes to anyone!

Catie · Married on 03/17/2012

Classic Cakes did my 16th birthday cake, 18th birthday cake and now our wedding. Our wedding cake was THE BEST cake I have ever had and everyone keeps raving about it! I never had to worry about a thing, even though I called Carol often. Carol and her husband were absoltely amazing and I cant wait to try our cake at our one year anniversary-if it makes it that long!!! We loved our cake and I highly reccomend Classic Cakes!!!!

Sent on 04/13/2012

Susan · Married on 03/10/2012

Classic Cakes did the cakes for both our rehearsal dinner (the groom's cake) and our wedding. Both cakes were not only amazing looking, but they were seriously two of the BEST tasting cakes I have ever, ever had. And my guests agree! This team is very inventive with flavors. And everything from them just turned out flawless. They are easy to work with and very reasonably priced, too. I wouldn't have wanted to work with anyone else.

Sent on 03/31/2012

Becky · Married on 03/03/2012

Beautiful cake and absolutely delicious! Carol and John are phenomenal. I would highly recommend their cakes to anyone!