classic cakes Reviews

161 | Jacksonville Beach, FL

161 Reviews for classic cakes

meagan · Married on 01/16/2016

Carol makes amazing cakes! She captured the look we wanted so perfectly. The cakes are not only beautiful, but taste amazing! We thought we were going to have a ton of cake left over, but people went back for seconds! I would highly recommend her to any bride!

Sent on 01/23/2016

rick · Married on 12/20/2015

Classic Cake is the "go to" bakery for any important event at the beaches. They were highly recommended by the wedding professional we were working with (my daughter) and everything about this process was professional and pleasurable. And the cake was DEEEELICIOUS.

Sent on 11/12/2015
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 12/05/2015

I cannot say enough about Classic Cakes! Carol and her staff are top notch! The initial consult was entertaining and informative. Carol was open and honest with us with our requests and worked closely on the design of our cakes. We had both our wedding and grooms cake come from her company and they were both better than we could've ever imagined. They looked and tasted amazing. Not only are they fairly priced but they really are amazing artists when it comes to cake. Would highly recommend that anyone go see them. It will be worth it :)

Sent on 12/17/2015

Classic Cakes did the dessert bar at our rehearsal dinner and our wedding cake. Everything was delicious but I have to say that the cinnamon cupcakes at the rehearsal dinner and the chocolate peanut butter layer on our wedding cake were by everyone's favorites! The cake was moist and beautiful and Carol was always professional and kind. I highly recommend Classic Cakes!

Sent on 11/17/2015

Ronald · Married on 10/24/2015

WOW! I don't eat cake, but this cake was simply outstanding! A vanilla, red velvet and carrot cake all int the same cake!

Sent on 11/01/2015

Carol was so nice and professional. We emailed constantly on the design of the cake. She actually took three elements from three different pictures of cakes that I liked and put them together to design the perfect cake for our wedding. When my finace couldn't make it to the cake tasting, she sent me home with samples for us to try together. This is the right place to go if you want a unique cake and someone who will truly take care of you. You can tell that she loves what she does. Everyone was raving about how beautiful the cake was and how great it tasted!

Sent on 09/27/2015

Megan · Married on 07/11/2015

We absolutely loved our cake. Classic Cakes was very open and receptive to our unique idea (we had a board-game themed cake). It was gorgeous and delicious! They are fantastic!

Sent on 12/10/2015

Kimberly · Married on 06/26/2015

We went with Classic Cakes for our wedding cake and were definitely not disappointed. In our search for a wedding cake baker, we went to four recommended vendors for tastings, pricing, etc.. All of them were great, but we are so glad we went with Classic Cakes. While Classic Cakes was the last vendor we visited, their cake samples were by far the best and helped us make our minds up then and there that they were the vendor for us. I consider myself a connoisseur of red velvet cake, and I can honestly say they have THE best red velvet cake I have ever had. As my groom is not as much of a fan of red velvet cake, he chose the almond cake with raspberry filling. Between the red velvet and the almond with raspberry, we received a ton of compliments on our wedding cake from our wedding guests. Our wedding cake was a huge hit -- it was beautiful and exactly what we had discussed/envisioned when we were talking cake details (from ribbon color to flowers to cake styling). We had people clamoring for a cake party after the reception to help us eat the leftovers. Carol and the other Classic Cakes staff were friendly and professional, and created the perfect wedding cake for our special day. We will definitely be going back to Classic Cakes for red velvet and almond with raspberry cakes for anniversaries!

Sent on 07/16/2015

Jessie · Married on 06/06/2015

Classic Cakes makes beautiful wedding cakes!! They are very accommodating and easy to work with. The only thing better than the amazing designs was the cake flavors. Our cakes (wedding, grooms cake, and a birthday cake) were phenomenal!!! The hardest part was deciding which flavor to choose.

Sent on 06/24/2015
  • Christy

Christy · Married on 05/16/2015

YUMMMM! Carol did such a great job not only designing our cake and making it delicious, but handling all of the logistics as well. My sister was able to take some leftovers home with her, and we drove 6 hours to go get them after our honeymoon. Really looking forward to eating our topper next year.

Sent on 08/28/2015

Christy · Married on 04/26/2015

The absolute best wedding cakes ever!! Guests at our wedding raved about our wedding cake and grooms cake. Carol helped to design a beautiful cake. I wanted fresh flowers on the cake and she made sure they were perfectly placed. The tasting session was so much fun! True professionals!

Sent on 12/16/2015

Larissa · Married on 02/28/2015

Classic cakes made me want more the minute we cut our cake at our wedding on Feb 28th! The design came out beautifully and everyone wanted more! I have to say the icing made the cake and probably the best I have ever had. I highly recommend Classic Cakes in Jax Beach! We plan on ordering more in the future! ;)

Sent on 04/01/2015

Joan · Married on 12/27/2014

The cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious. Carol was a great vendor to work with. I would use them again in a heart beat!

Sent on 04/25/2015

Kristi · Married on 11/22/2014

Cake was gorgeous and delicious! Carol was very easy to work with. You will not be disappointed! We had a 3 layer cake, served the bottom 2 and kept the top for a slice each month of our anniversary. I would recommend the cheesecake center with fresh raspberries or blueberries! So good!

Sent on 11/30/2014

Heidi · Married on 11/15/2014

Classic Cakes was the preferred vendor of our venue...but I would have chosen them anyway due to the wonderful service and delicious cake they provided! Carol was so helpful with the planning and even with a last minute change to the style of cake provided a beautiful product that was as wonderful to look as as it was to eat!!

Sent on 12/16/2014

Robin · Married on 11/01/2014

Our beach themed wedding cake was FABULOUS! We had an idea of what we wanted but they improved on our ideas and gave us the wedding cake and cupcakes of our dreams and visions. The cakes are amazing - moist, flavorable and ever so tasty. I loved their creativity, quality, and customer service. I will use them again for other family events. All our guests had 2 and 3 pieces of cake as they were all different types. Can't speak highly enough of this bakery!

Sent on 11/05/2014

Jennifer · Married on 10/25/2014

Amazing -nothing short of that for style, taste, creativity and beauty. We had a traditional wedding cake, I ordered a Terrible Towel groom's cake and Carol has a great idea of creating 2 dogs out of sugar looking out from a doghouse, that also had the Steeler logo (husband is a huge fan) to be in lieu of the topper. All of the above were perfect and the sugar dogs? Carol took a photo I sent her and got it dead in - down to the spots on of my dog's legs!

I will use Carol and her family for all going forward - she is patient, honest, easy to work with and downright one of the nicest people to deal with.

Sent on 11/02/2014

Samantha · Married on 10/18/2014

Where do I begin with Carol, and the entire staff at Classic Cakes?! The wedding cake and grooms cake were definitely one of the biggest highlights of my wedding at TPC Sawgrass.

When we had our tasting for the wedding cake, we had picked out a few ideas as to what the flavor of the cake should be. We picked the following cakes to taste and choose from; a marble cake with Bailey's Irish cream frosting, vanilla cheese cake frosting with yellow cake, and for the grooms cake, we picked what everyone raves about, the peanut butter cup chocolate frosting chocolate cake. All of these flavors were to die for, so we chose all of the flavors. The grooms cake was so good that my husband almost went into a food coma at the tasting. It was seriously that good!

Everyone at the wedding really enjoyed the cake, it was so beautiful and when I receive the pictures, I will share it with Carol so that she can keep it for her records.

There is still one thing I have not tried yet, based on tradition, the very top tier of the cake with red-velvet cake with new york cheesecake frosting! I can't wait until our one year anniversary to find out how good it tastes, but I am sure I wont be disappointed.

Thank you to Carol at Classic Cakes for making such a wonderful masterpiece! It was the best wedding cake that we have ever had!

With much Love and Happiness,

Mr. and Mrs. Brian and Samantha Elmore, the Nader Family, and the Elmore Family

Sent on 11/11/2014

Classic Cakes is hands down the best cake I've ever had. We went with a three tier cake and did a different flavor on each layer because we just couldn't choose one at the tasting they were all so good!!! All of the guests raved about how good the cake was. We are so glad our wedding planner recommended them to us. Money well spent!!

Sent on 11/07/2014

I'm not exaggerating when I say this was this was the most AMAZING cake I have ever had. I brought in what I wanted our cake to look like and it was identical the day of the wedding. During the tasting I knew we had a made a good decision when I couldn't stop thinking of how delicious ever bite we sampled was more amazing than the previous. During our reception people were coming over to try and sneak an extra piece.

Sent on 12/04/2014

Choosing Classic Cakes was the best decision that I made when planning my wedding. Everyone LOVED the cake! Six months later and they are still talking about how good it was. It was absolutely gorgeous too! The best part of my wedding, beyond marrying my husband, was without a doubt, the cake.

Sent on 04/23/2015

Jessica · Married on 08/23/2014

WONDERFUL cakes and great team! They replicated my vision from a magazine, and quickly met the expectations of my fiancee and me to whip up a key lime butttercream. Yum! The crowd raved about the look and the TASTE of the wonderful cake - I only wish I didn't have to wait a full year to eat my top!

Sent on 09/03/2014

Vanessa · Married on 07/06/2014

I highly recommend Classic Cakes for your Wedding Cake!! This team has a long history and provides HIGH quality for a super low price!! The cake is absolutely delicious! When you meet with them the samples are huge!! Make sure to go hungry!! By far their cake is the best cake I have ever had! We will definitely be going back for new events!

Sent on 12/30/2014

Wow! Words cannot describe how beautiful and delicious our wedding cake was. We did a simple chocolate and vanilla flavored cake, and it was wonderful. The staff was very professional too. We can't wait to eat the top of our cake and to order another from Classic Cakes in the future (hopefully every anniversary)! Highly, highly, highly recommend!

Sent on 07/17/2014
  • Mrs Rawson

Chelsey · Married on 06/20/2014

Classic cakes are amazing the wedding was perfect and everything we wanted. They also made the grooms cake and it was amazing.

Sent on 01/13/2015