73 Reviews for Clarissa Boutique

Bridal Belts (3)
Mother of Bride (1)
Sample Gowns (1)
73 Clarissa Boutique Reviews

I have so many good things to say about my experience with the staff at Clarissa Boutique! Through all aspects of wedding accessories (belts, jewelry, and alterations), the ladies at Clarissa's exceeded all of my expectations. My first purchase at the store was a custom belt for my MOH, who wore a black of the rack dress. They worked with me (and the dress) to figure out what would match my bridal gown, as well as the correct placement since my MOH lived out of town. Needless to say she looked extraordinary! The team sewed the belt into place, added custom beading, and even steamed the dress so that when I picked it up everything was ready to go. They truly go the extra mile for every bride! After this experience I knew that I needed to go back to Clarissa's for my bridal jewelry. I found the most beautiful headpiece for a high bun, as well as earrings for myself and the mother of the bride. With a 15% off coupon, everything was more than reasonably priced, matched my dress and style perfectly, and came in ahead of schedule. The final interaction that I had with Clarissa was for my rehearsal dinner. I purchased a hi-lo hem gown online that was significantly marked down. When it arrived, the fit was okay but a bit snug (bridal sizes are difficult). The ladies at Clarissa worked their magic and were able to transform my dress into something worthy of a wedding day, not just a rehearsal dinner! Not only did they adjust the fit, but they modified the hemline to perfection. For any alterations, accessories, gowns, or advice, visit the ladies at Clarissa. They were an absolute pleasure to work with.

Profile Picture Abby, 10/21/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids, Mother of Bride, Bridal Belts, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Sample Gowns, Veils

I absolutely LOVED my necklace and earrings from Clarissa Boutique! Penny was so helpful and accommodating while I tried on different pieces. Everything in the store was so beautiful, you won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Christine, 5/13/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

I purchased my wedding dress here last summer. Wonderful service here! I have another fitting to get things complete but from the first initial appointment and the first fitting was an amazing experience for a bride. As long as you are open to off the rack dresses, the prices are amazing and its worth checking out to see if you can find a dress. Not a huge selection but they change out a lot so worth checking out. This was my first stop and I picked I think it was the 3rd or 4th dress I tried on. It’s a very intimate experience. No crazy crowds of people. The focus was on just me both times. The first fitting was fun. Very overwhelming for myself because I had to make a lot of decisions but it went smooth and I loved how much they cared to help me make the right choices. I ended up buying everything there, the dress, veil, headpiece and having some lace added to my dress. I cannot wait to go back to see the finished dress. I recommend this place to everyone I talk to that’s looking for a dress.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/22/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I stopped by Clarissa's Boutique to get a vail for my wedding dress. The women at the store were super helpful and friendly. The service was really quick and I was able to pick up my vail within a few weeks! highly recommend it to anyone in the Pittsburgh area.

Profile Picture Katya, 2/4/17, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Veils, Bride

My mother and I went into Clarissa's to have them redesign my grandmother's 1940s veil. I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted, but they were able to come up with numerous ideas and options. They ended up designing a headpiece for me while incorporating my grandmother's veil. I received so many compliments on the end result. My new headpiece was ready within a week too. It was perfect! i highly recommend Clarissa's!

Profile Picture Valerie, 11/12/16, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Hair Accessories, Bride

Definitely go here for your veil! They were fantastic, timely, and helpful. I also purchased my jewelry and garter here! Also I bought a few gifts for my bridesmaids!

Profile Picture User6489723, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids, Garters, Jewelry, Veils

I used Clarissa Boutique for my alterations and veil and could not have been happier with the quality of work. I was extremely impressed with how expertly they were able to alter my dress, despite the delicate details and layers they had to work with. My veil was also just what I wanted. I went there 3 or 4 times during the process of the alterations and always was very happy with how kind and patient everyone was. Definitely get your alterations and accessories here - you won't regret it!

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/22/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I didnt have much time to find a veil and I really wanted a juliet cap veil. Just by chance I checked out clarissa's. I was able to choose my material and design my veil right on the spot. It was ready to pick up in less than a week. It was more beautiful than I could have ever imagined and I received many compliments on it everywhere I went that day. It was also very reasonably priced.

Profile Picture sarah, 10/9/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Bride, Veils

Quick, unique & affordable. I got a cathedral veil with ribbon lining for $150. These are $500+ at bridal boutiques. I also got a cute, one-of-a-kind $15 garder.

Profile Picture Haleigh, 10/1/16, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Garters, Veils, Bride

I had a custom veil made at Clarissa's Boutique and it was absolutely stunning! They created a dramatic Cathedral veil with a hem to match my dress. I also found all of my bridal jewelry in their store. Everything was perfect!

Profile Picture User5474640, 1+ year ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Gretchen is seriously amazing. Don't trust anyone else to work with your dress. Everything turned out amazing. Also, the customer service is so wonderful. I got my accessories there as well, so beautiful. I loved working with Clarissa Boutique.

Profile Picture Colleen, 11/7/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Everyone we dealt with at Clarissa's was extremely knowledgeable, professional, friendly, and highly skilled. They took my dress from off the rack at David's Bridal and turned it into a one of a kind masterpiece that looked like a million bucks and fit like a glove. I also bought my jewelry and some accessories from them and they helped me make sure all my pieces complimented each other very well. They listened very closely to what I wanted and delivered. Not only that, but they went above and beyond, adding little extras like a loop for me to hold the train up that made the experience all that much more enjoyable. The price was highly reasonable for the services I received, they were considerably lower actually than other places where I have received less quality service for bridal party alterations in the past.

Profile Picture Caitlin, 10/10/15, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Belts, Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Veils

I love hats, and I went in to see if they would custom make a hat for me for my wedding day. What I wanted was slightly different than the typical hat frame they normally used, but they made my frame from scratch so it would be what I had imagined. It was my first time ever custom designing a hat and they were able to help me through the process of the detail work. I went in for several fittings throughout the process and each one did not take long. They completed it in a timely manner, and the cost for the whole thing was the price of some of the cheaper veils found in most bridal stores. So I was able to get more bang for my buck. I am so happy with the way it turned out and I can't wait to wear it on my wedding day in 2 months!!!

Profile Picture User4868597, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

The ladies at clarissa's were amazing! So friendly and helpful. They spent such quality time helping me find the perfect pieces to compliment my wedding attire.

Profile Picture User3873028, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

MUST visit before you buy elsewhere!! Awesome store and staff!!! Very reasonable and flexible for MOB and Bride that is out of state!

Profile Picture Kim, 4/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Clarissa Boutique was near my apartment so I decided to stop there to look for a veil. I found a similar one that I had liked from another store, but it was $180 compared to $800 in the store I bought my dress from, plus they offer to custom make any veil. I came back to the store with my mom to show her the veil and it was nowhere to be found, but the workers were nice enough to search every room in the back until they found the one I was describing. I decided to also get my dress altered there since it was the winter months and I could walk there. They ended up making me a custom veil measured for my dress, and they even had a special champagne color veil that matched my dress PERFECTLY. During one of my fittings I brought in my headpiece and they helped me pick out earrings and a bracelet that matched and made the whole process a lot of fun. I had lost some weight before my wedding and the dress wasn't fitting perfectly so I walked into the store two weeks before the wedding in tears asking to try it on again and they worked with me until it looked perfect. I think I ended up having two extra appointments after what was supposed to be my final fitting and they did not give me any grief about it. Everyone I worked with at the shop went above and beyond to make me feel important. I highly recommend this shop for any future bride!!!

Profile Picture Courtney, 3/28/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I purchased my dress from another salon but was looking for somewhere with a good reputation to take my dress for alterations. It was truly my perfect dress and although not much needed to be done to it, the skirt was layered and delicate and I wanted to make sure it was done right and that the bustle would look good. Clarissa Boutique did not disappoint. Gretchen did my alterations, just needing to hem the skirt and put cups into the dress. The hem that I thought would be complicated she made so easy and beautifully executed. The bustle was simple for my bridesmaids to do and it maintained the integrity of the skirt which is what I really wanted. The price was also reasonable from what I understand some other salons charge, and truly a great value as I was very pleased with the service we received and the way the dress turned out.

Profile Picture Sarah, 12/31/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Fantastic! They hand made the jewelry of my dreams! Loved working with them! The jewelry and hair piece completely complimented my dress! Thank you

Profile Picture Katie, 11/1/14, 10 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I stopped into Clarissa's looking for a headpiece for my dress. I didn't bring anything with me at the time, so the ladies in the store helped me find similar jewelry and even a dress to compare when I was choosing a headpiece. Everybody was SOO helpful and friendly, and honestly, picking out my headpiece was the most fun I had during my entire wedding experience. They really made me feel like a princess during this process!

I was so pleased with my experience and the absolutely beautiful accessories they have in their shop that I ended up custom ordering a bracelet as well. I was there about a week and a half before my wedding so they rushed the order for no extra money.

If anyone is looking for bridal accessories in Pittsburgh, I don't think there is any better place!

Profile Picture User4022400, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire, Jewelry

I loved this boutique! They provide an excellent value and did a beautiful job with my alterations! Book in advance because they are in high demand! They also have lovely jewelry and head pieces, my head piece was beautiful and was a perfect match. They also made my veil, it was perfect and a much better price then paying for those at the dress shops! I would highly recommend them for alterations, veils, or accessories!

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/25/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

They altered my dress to perfection and I would recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture Jena, 10/18/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Clarissa Boutique was AMAZING to work with! They have a discounted wedding dress section- brand new designer dresses at half the price! (Seriously, check that out, it’s no joke! The website pictures do it no justice). Their staff was so helpful and fun in the whole process of trying on dresses and ‘blinging me out’ with their one-of- a-kind jewelry - the first dress I tried on was THE one! It was a beautiful Maggie Sottero with intricate beading and lace. The alterations were perfect and right on! My dress looked amazing (and most importantly I felt amazing)!!! I found my veil and swarovski crystal hairclip there as well. I went to pick up my dress the day before my wedding- the ladies who had worked on my dress delicately placed it into my car and gave me a hug. I knew my beautiful wedding dress had been lovingly worked on and care for! I highly recommend Clarissa Boutique for alterations, veils, jewelry and wedding dresses!

Profile Picture Julie, 10/4/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire, Jewelry

I dropped off my dress to have it steamed the Saturday before my wedding. I picked it back up the Thursday before and it looked perfect! They are so helpful and polite. I will be returning to them to have my dress cleaned now that the wedding is over. Top notch service.

Profile Picture Kayla, 9/13/14, 12 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

This establishment exudes professionalism and knowledge about bridal wear fitting and tailoring.

Our daughter chose a gown carried only by one particular bridal shop that advertises that they are the largest in Western PA, but the treatment we received there did not warrant spending our money on their tailoring...we didn't trust them. Their "basic" tailoring package did not include hemming, bustling, or adding bra cups...the exact items we needed. Clarissa did all that and more for a competitive price. The shop is lovely, and each person who worked there was eager to help us.

In addition, they talked us through the bustling of the dress the day of the wedding! Even though we were walked through the process at the shop, we are not talented in any way! The staff at Clarissa was wonderful.....caring and calm and made sure that we felt satisfied with the directions given over the telephone.

As an older MOB, I remember when all dress shops were staffed by professionals who truly knew fashion and design and had a real attitude of customer service. Clarissa is stellar; do not be pressured in purchasing a "fitting package"...go to Clarissa for an elegant experience!!

Profile Picture User4435262, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews