Clarendon Ballroom Reviews

Clarendon Ballroom 6
Clarendon Ballroom 7

Stephanie · Married on 05/10/2019

Exceeding Expectations!

The Clarendon Ballroom hosted my wedding ceremony and reception in May 2019 and I cannot recommend them highly enough! My now-husband and I had invited family and friends from all over the country to our wedding, so we wanted to keep the festivities local so that our guests had multiple transportation options, plenty of places to stay and things to do, in addition to making the planning a little easier on ourselves. The Clarendon Ballroom helped to streamline the planning process immensely by providing multiple services to us (catering, drinks, dessert, tables, chairs, linens, etc) on our wedding day. The venue itself is fantastic! I had always considered it as a place to go out for cover band shows, but it is an incredibly flexible space, and, with the minimal decor and lighting that we brought in, the room looked magical! We also really liked that it is essentially one big room - the tables, dance floor and bar all fit in the same space, so that everyone could be together, as opposed to separating the tables and the dance floor. Plus, we were able to use their roof deck for our cocktail hour! Sandra, the catering manager, was so fantastic throughout the whole process. She was incredibly responsive and she helped us with all those tricky decisions that you will not have experience with if you don't plan large events regularly (How much dessert per person? How should we structure dinner being served around the toasts? Sandra has all the answers). She was even happy to accommodate our request to serve a special "happy birthday" hamburger to our officiant so that we could sing to him! This leads me to the food. 2 months later, my guests are still raving about how delicious the food was. I loved that the Ballroom had such flexible menu options - you can serve plated dinners, set up a buffet, or set up food stations (you can even bring in a sushi chef!). We ended up doing more traditional hors d'oeuvres and plated meals and everything was delicious (the filet is so tender that you won't need a steak knife and the seared tuna and maple bacon apps were both big hits, too). The bar packages were extremely reasonable, as well. They offer 7 different wines and about 10-12 different beers, along with different liquor packages, so there will be something that everyone likes (my husband might have been most excited for the Stewart's sodas that they offer). If I had to plan the wedding all over again, I would definitely still stick with the Clarendon Ballroom. Our wedding turned out better than we could have imagined and Sandra, Kattia and their team made it happen!

Sent on 07/12/2019
  • Meg

Meg · Married on 01/05/2019

Absolutely perfect in every way

Everything, and I mean everything, about our experience with the Clarendon Ballroom was perfect. We were looking for a big event space (room for a big dance floor and band with 180 guests) with character that wasn't going to break the bank. The ballroom was all of this and more. All of the food is prepared in house so you don't have to to worry about catering. Table, chairs, linens -- it is all provided. And the food itself is exceptional. We had guests tell us the salmon they served was the best salmon they ever had. I could go on and on about this place -- but the real star of the show is their coordinator Sandra. She made our experience as stress-free as weddings can possible be. Her and her staff are incredibly knowledgeable and are always willing to go the extra mile to get you what you need. I never felt like I had to worry about anything -- I just knew Sandra would take care of it! Truly cannot recommend them enough. Thank you CB!!!

Sent on 01/29/2019

dasol · Married on 01/01/2019

A Gem- Location, Food, Service

We're all thinking the same thing. Why would I get married at a "nightclub"? I was skeptical too. This place is more than that. To start off, the foundation is solid. Sandra is so helpful and responsive, the staff is so friendly and professional, and the FOOD is just phenomenal. All of our guests licked every last bit of their entrees; and that's honestly what the guests will remember. I also love the location- it's close to everything and it's accessible. Not to mention the rooftop is a great cocktail hour venue. We are so happy we went with CB!

Sent on 04/07/2019

Annie · Married on 11/03/2018

Absolutely fantastic!

I wish we could give the Ballroom more than 5 stars because Sandra, Kattia, and the rest of the team were a key part in making our wedding day so wonderful.

The Clarendon Ballroom was the first—and only—venue we looked at during the wedding planning process. As soon as we met Sandra and took a tour we know it would be a perfect place to host our family and friends. We thought it was amazing that they had in-house catering/cake and provided all of the linens (with SO MANY options to choose from), tables, chairs, flatware, glassware etc. It was such a huge convenience to have all of those little details taken care of by the venue.

In addition to being a beautiful space, the food was absolutely phenomenal. At the tasting we were blown away at how good every dish tasted and the same quality came through on the day of our wedding. Our guests raved about the filet and the mac and cheese (seriously, get the mac and cheese. It is delicious).

Our final, and quite possibly biggest, rave is for the incredible team at the Ballroom. Sandra and Kattia are a dream to work with. My questions were always answered quickly, they were exceedingly kind and patient, and I appreciated the creative menu suggestion when we needed to include a gluten-free/vegan meal option. In addition to Sandra and Kattia, the staff working our wedding truly exceeded our expectations. Everyone from the bartenders to security to the serving staff treated our guests with kindness and respect. We had multiple guests comment on how professional and friendly everyone was.

We cannot thank Clarendon Ballroom enough for helping to make our wedding so memorable and we highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/11/2018
  • Liz

Liz Grenfell · Married on 09/29/2018

Clarendon Ballroom gave me the wedding of my dreams!

There are not enough stars to capture how wonderful it was to have our wedding at Clarendon Ballroom!!! When we first started looking for places in DC to get married, we were a bit overwhelmed by the choices. Thankfully we came across Clarendon Ballroom. We actually didn't know that they did weddings, and we are SO glad we learned that they did, as they don't just "do" weddings...they make the wedding of your dreams possible! We found them to be very affordable, and they do everything in house--linens, staff, bar, food, even the cake! It was so nice to be able to go down the checklist and say "included" to so much and to work with a single venue on so many of the key elements that pull a wedding together. They were an absolute dream to work with! From picking out linens, to our tasting, to helping execute every last wish that we had, they amazed us every step of the way. When we picked up our stuff on the Monday after our wedding, not one single item of decor was missing or damaged and they had gone above and beyond to save the top of our wedding cake (we didn't even ask for this) and send us home with some left over hors d'oeuvres from the cocktail hour! Amazing! Our guests are STILL raving about how gorgeous the venue was, how amazing the food was, how much they loved the location and how cool the rooftop was. I am so grateful to Clarendon Ballroom, Sandra Hoehne, and all the other amazing staff that literally pulled off the wedding of our dreams and I am SO glad that my husband and I chose Clarendon Ballroom as our wedding venue!

Sent on 10/24/2018
    Clarendon Ballroom 8
    Clarendon Ballroom 9
    Clarendon Ballroom 10
    Clarendon Ballroom 11
    Clarendon Ballroom 12
    Clarendon Ballroom 13

Shaun · Married on 09/01/2018

Our experience with holding our wedding reception at Clarendon Ballroom was fantastic from beginning to end. The facility itself is beautiful, from the more modern trellises of the rooftop deck to the Art Deco main ballroom. The staff was incredibly accommodating to every need we had, planned and unplanned, and even when our main contact was away the day of the wedding, another coordinator stepped in and basically functioned like a second day-of coordinator to ensure that everything worked smoothly. The real highlight was the food and cakes, which we knew ahead of time because the Ballroom set us up with a full meal tasting a few weeks before the event... we have received, and continue to receive, complements on how good all the passed appetizers, main courses, and cakes were. When added to the ease factor of not using outside catering, in our view the cost-value comparison is off the charts!
    The space is ideal for anywhere in the range of 100-150 guests. We were also able to book in relatively short notice (~3-4 months out).

Sent on 09/22/2018

Regina · Married on 08/25/2018

WHERE DO I BEGIN?!?! Sandra is the MOST amazing person in the world and I don't think I could've asked for a betteer night. THE FOOD WAS JUST AMAZING. Everyone I asked couldn't get enough to eat and we have so much that we took home it was great! The cocktail hour on the roof went off without a hitch and Sandra help my husband and I to have a drink in our hands and a special plate just for us of the appetizers. The Korean chicken is AMAZING and perfect. Everything about dinner was fantastic as we were were able to make a menu that fit our travel themed wedding. The drinks were fantastic. Any questions I had Sandra would answer so quickly and made sure that we were fed and happy. Even with decor, she helped us with ease to pull off our vision! I highly recommend getting married here!

Sent on 08/27/2018

Veronica · Married on 08/12/2018

Where do I even start. We actually had to change venues about three months before our wedding, due to some logistical nightmares regarding the original reception spot. My fiancé called several venues, one of which was Clarendon Ballroom. All the reviews were amazing, the pictures of events were beautiful, and the chef came from the Inn at Little Washington! Upon meeting Sandra (who was wearing Adidas sambas) I knew I was in good hands. She is honest, responsive, and helpful. Everything went so smoothly even though we were quickly approaching the wedding date. Clarendon ballroom provides the linens, tables, utensils, food, alcohol, and even dessert! The tasting was amazing, they seriously can’t do any wrong with the food, and the cake samples were great as well! The day of everyone was helpful, kind, and extremely professional. It rained, so Sandra was quick to get us inside and set up downstairs before we made any additional moves. She was also quick to get me, my husband, and family drinks to calm our nerves. She really is an expert at customer service. We had a memorial table at our wedding, as my husband is in the Army Reserve, and Sandra even magically found a red rose, even though we had forgotten that one aspect of the table. Seriously, you guys, she’s incredible. You will not regret working with her! All of her staff are so kind, I couldn’t have asked for a better wedding day. Having to change venues in May for our August wedding was the best thing that could have happened to us!

Sent on 09/21/2018
    Clarendon Ballroom 14
    Clarendon Ballroom 15
  • Dominika

Dominika · Married on 04/28/2018

We held our wedding reception at Clarendon Ballroom in April 2018 and could not be happier with the service! Sandra was very responsive and helpful along the way, from selecting linens and picking out cake to recommending vendors and working to make the day exactly as we had imagined. Our guests could not stop talking about how amazing the food was and how impressed they were by the venue (we were lucky enough to have good weather and held cocktail hour on the rooftop, big hit!). My husband and I highly recommend Clarendon Ballroom and their amazing staff for any event!

Sent on 05/24/2018

Emily · Married on 04/20/2018

When we first started searching wedding venues and the Clarendon Ballroom came up, we were pretty surprised. We had been to several concerts there but hadn’t thought of it as a potential wedding venue. How wrong we were!! When we first emailed for more information, Sandra responded almost immediately and we quickly had an appointment for a walk through. After five minutes with Sandra, we were hooked. The space itself is gorgeous, but it is Sandra’s expertise and easy going nature that made the process an absolute delight. We always ended up staying a little bit longer at our meetings than we intended because the creative planning juices were always flowing and the conversation was hilarious. Sandra was always willing to work within our schedule for meetings and made thoughtful suggestions for how to reach our goal of making our wedding an awesome party. Once we did the tasting, we were even more convinced that we had made the right choice. The options were extensive and all of the food was absolutely delicious! We felt like no matter what options we chose, the food would be a home run. And the beer selection options were outstanding! When we found out that linens, China, glassware, flatware, etc were included in the rental price, we figured it would just be basic white table cloths. Again, we were wrong! We were a little overwhelmed with how many choices we had, but again, Sandra expertise helped guide us.The day of, I was blown away by how gorgeous the room looked. Everything came together perfectly. For the rooftop bar for cocktail hour, the weather was perfect, the passed hors d’oeuvres were delicious, and the service was impeccable. Even before cocktail hour, one of the servers approached me and asked what my husband and I would like to drink all night, to ensure that our glasses were never empty. Dinner was delicious, the bar service incredible and we had the best night of our lives. We cannot recommend CB enough!

Sent on 05/10/2018

Mary · Married on 04/07/2018

Love, love, love this place!! My now husband And I celebrated our wedding reception in April at Clarendon Ballroom and couldn't have been happier with the outcome.
    From day one Sandra made us feel at ease. She wanted to make us happy. She was helpful and understanding at every stage in the process. She responded swiftly to every question and was very flexible with all our choices.
    Clarendon ballroom provides tables, chairs, and linens and has their own onsite caterer.
    Everything was beautifully done.
    The food was to die for!! We had cocktail hour on the rooftop and had an amazing assortment of food. Anti pasta for the Italians lots of passed appetizers and our favorite Korean chicken served in Chinese food boxes!!
    Katia managed the event the night of and the service was impeccable. Our main courses were delicious and we are told from guests that had the filet mignon it could be cut with a butter knife.
    One of our guests runs a catering company out of state and stated this was the best food he ever had!
    A nice touch is they include a doorman to make sure the Clarendon bar hoppers don't wedding crash on your private event.
    I could go on and on! I highly recommend Clarendon Ballroom!! Do not hesitate to go with Clarendon Ballroom for all your wedding/big event reception needs!

Sent on 05/30/2018

Christine · Married on 11/04/2017

We had both our ceremony and reception at the Ballroom. Sandra was amazingly helpful, flexible and responsive to all our needs. The food was amazing. Our guests are still talking about the mac and cheese. The service was incredible. We couldn't have been happier with the experience. Of all the decisions we made during the wedding planning process, the Clarendon Ballroom was by far the best one.

Sent on 01/11/2018

Cathy · Married on 08/19/2017

There are not enough superlatives in the English language to express how wonderful it was to plan a wedding at the Clarendon Ballroom. The entire staff is warm and friendly, but totally professional. Sandra has a calm, positive attitude no matter what you ask for. She does everything humanly possible to make your vision into reality, while keeping you grounded and within budget! The venue may not look incredible when you first see it, but check out the photos on their site and you'll realize how beautiful it can be. It's magic!

Sent on 12/21/2017
  • Wendy

Wendy · Married on 04/15/2017

We were absolutely thrilled working with everyone at the Clarendon Ballroom for our wedding reception in May of 2017. Living just down the street, we hadn't considered the Ballroom for our reception, but once we saw the glowing reviews on Wedding Wire, we had to check it out. Needless to say, we were not disappointed! Working with Sandra was an absolute dream. She is professional, organized, detail oriented....and FUN! My husband and I loved our meetings with her and she made the entire reception planning process completely stress free and enjoyable. We had a non traditional reception with lounge seating and no seating arrangements and Sandra was so helpful in offering suggestions for furniture layouts and food stations. Honestly, I don't know what we would have done without her. When the big day came, we were able to sit back, relax and enjoy our day. I can't say enough good things about the entire staff at the Ballroom. They are so professional, competent and welcoming. We received many lovely compliments from our guests. Lastly, being a huge food lover, I have to say, you won't find a better caterer in the DC area! We had many guests tell us they've never had food as delicious as what was served at our reception....we thoroughly enjoyed it all! I cannot recommend the Clarendon Ballroom enough. We had a fabulous experience and you will too!

Sent on 12/09/2017
    Clarendon Ballroom 22
    Clarendon Ballroom 23
  • KSera

Sarah · Married on 02/25/2017

If I could give more than 5 stars I would. Clarendon Ballroom is an amazing venue - they provide the BEST food out there. I had a February wedding for about 125 people with cocktail hour and dinner (stations) and it was perfect in large part because of Clarendon Ballroom. I also feel that the value for cost is great - they provided linens (so many options), tables (again, many options), gold chivari chairs, and votives as part of the package and the visual appeal of the space is amazing (gold ceiling, beautiful curtains).

I have received so many compliments on the food and cake and I had some leftovers to try the next day that were still amazing (wish they had a restaurant!). They are also super easy to work with and flexible to your vision. Sandra & Kattia are a rockstar team and very responsive. The day-of staff is also amazing - they brought my husband and I appetizers and drinks and made sure we were always happy throughout the night. I can't imagine anything better than the event they helped to deliver on.

Sent on 03/13/2017

Sam · Married on 10/09/2016

I am so happy we chose the Clarendon Ballroom for our wedding. There are so many great things to share about our experience with Sandra and the venue, so I'll just touch on a few. From day 1, Sandra was responsive, accommodating, understanding, and so helpful. She never made us feel too high maintenance for changing our minds, always humored us when we asked for things differently, and made our lives SO MUCH EASIER. The venue itself was beautiful. We did both the ceremony and reception there, with a cocktail hour on the roof. Do cocktails on the roof - you won't regret it. With the string lights and a beautiful night, you'll surely impress your guests. Food was exceptional. We did NOT expect that kind of quality of food from a venue that's a dance hall on the weekends. We went with the BBQ and everything was great - smoked turkey and mac and cheese were our faves. Tasting at the menu event, though, everything was great. We ate one of the best steaks of our lives at the Clarendon ballroom some Saturday afternoon. Thank you to Sandra, and the whole team there, for being amazing and making our day so special!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Theresa · Married on 10/08/2016

This venue goes far beyond anything I could have ever wanted for my wedding. When we first heard about the Ballroom, we knew it as bar/night club and had no idea they even did events. We were a little skeptical at first, but then we found out that the venues main purpose was for events and they open it only when they aren't hosting an event. We held our wedding and reception there, it was really more than I could have dreamed up for my wedding.

The place was gorgeous in the day time and looks completely different than it does when it's a night club, it is GORGEOUS. The best part about this venue is that everything was all inclusive, I mean they do it ALL for you. It is a one stop shop and their food was hands down the best food I have ever had at a wedding. We had a selection of just about any tablecloth we wanted, we got tables, chairs, servers, alcohol, food, and cake! It was incredible.

Sandra is the event manager there and I believe a part owner of the place and she was top notch on customer service. I plan events for a living and she was by far the best person I have ever worked with. Did I already mention how good the food was?

Also, they have you come in for a tasting and they turn the ballroom into a little restaurant and it's a full service food/beverage tasting, we left fat and happy. The food was so good! Then, closer to your wedding they give you a box with all of the cakes to take home and try. Their cakes were also delicious! I mean this place was just so accommodating. To not have to worry about a furniture vendor, food/beverage vendor, linen vendor, table ware vendor... I mean it took so much stress off. They even let us borrow little candles and they had a book of over about 50 different table cloth options. The venue also came with Gold chivari chairs.

Since the place is a fully functioning bar, even the house beer and wine came with about 8 different beer options and about 4 different wine options. Just incredible!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Angelina · Married on 04/23/2016

As we set out to find a reception venue, we wanted someplace that we could customize and throw a fun, relaxed-but-elegant reception. Upon meeting Sandra and seeing the space, I instantly fell in love with the Clarendon Ballroom’s art deco vibe and gold ceilings, and my husband was sold on the enormous bar and cool rooftop deck. Sandra’s enthusiasm and kindness sealed the deal!
    During our year+ planning process, Sandra graciously answered every question we had, and met with us multiple times to make sure every last detail was to our liking. She offered expert guidance when it came to items like menu, seating, and timeline, while still encouraging us to customize. She saw our vision for the day, and worked with our vendors to make sure it came to life—and it did, beautifully!
    On the day of, Sandra greeted us when we arrived after our ceremony with our favorite beverages and personal plates of hors d'oeuvres— a gesture that was so appreciated! She also gave us a peek of the ballroom, and it took my breath away—the decor, linens, and lights were so beautifully pulled together.
    We had a gorgeous April evening and held cocktail hour on the roof. The foliage and strings of lights made for a classy yet laid-back vibe. Our guests raved about the food (and beverage selection!). The ballroom allowed plenty of space for our 180 guests, a seven-piece band (on a stage), and a huge dance floor. Dinner was delicious, with each course served in record speed by the amazing staff. Guests loved the long bar and wonderfully attentive bartenders. The pastry chef is best-in-class— not only was my gold-brushed vision executed brilliantly, but the cake was insanely delicious! Once dinner was over, the lights lowered, the band picked up…the space seamlessly transitioned from elegant dinner to fun dance party.
    I cannot recommend Sandra, Kattia and the Clarendon Ballroom enough. We foresee many anniversaries celebrated with a drink on the CB roof to reminisce about such a perfect day!

Sent on 06/04/2016

Abigail · Married on 11/07/2015

I only knew the Clarendon Ballroom as a bar/club, so I never thought I'd have my dream wedding there -- but it was that and much more!

The space is gorgeous (gold tin ceiling, amazing dance floor) and you can 100% customize everything about your wedding (decor, menu, schedule) to be the day you imagine -- with incredibly responsive, supportive, and kind staff helping you every step of the way. (Seriously. You can't ask for anything more as a bride. Go see it today!)

> Incredible service -- Sandra Hoehne and her team are kind, patient, funny, and flexible. It felt like we planned our wedding with a family friend, who knew and cared about us and offered valuable advice to make our day even better.

Whether meeting me and a vendor on a random morning, answering my many questions quickly by email, or finding my dad's garment bag after the wedding, Sandra guided us through our wedding with grace, enthusiasm, and humor.

> Beautiful, flexible space -- Hosting our wedding at Clarendon Ballroom let us get the "big stuff" (tables, linens, audio, etc.) taken care of right away so we could focus on the fun stuff.

And, even better, it's a versatile space. We had a traditional ceremony, a beautiful dinner, and an awesome dance party complete with glow sticks to close out the night. There's a photo of me seeing the ballroom set for the reception for the first time -- and I look like I'm about to cry (in a wonderful way) because it was so beautiful.

> Amazing food -- Three weeks out from our wedding, family and friends are still telling us how delicious the food was. We were able to completely customize our menu so it was everything we loved. Plus, event staff went out of their way to hand us appetizers or make us dinner plates so we could enjoy it.

I had big dreams for our wedding (unsurprisingly!), and Ballroom surpassed every one of them. I couldn't have asked for a more fun, magical, or amazing night. My only regret is I can't do it all over again next year!

Sent on 11/28/2015

robin · Married on 10/24/2015

This venue was really fabulous! Sandra was a dream to work with, and everything was handled with the utmost professionalism. There was a huge staff on site to handle every detail with care. Sandra was hands-on and never made us feel bad for asking so many questions or being stressed out! They transitioned the venue from the wedding ceremony to the reception flawlessly and it looked spectacular! Rave reviews from everyone about the food, the bar, the staff, etc. Highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 11/02/2015

Martha Elena · Married on 10/10/2015

We used Clarendon Ballroom for our cocktail hour and wedding reception and we couldn't be happier with our choice!

When we first visited we loved the look of the bar, dance floor, and rooftop and knew that it was a unique venue that would be great for our wedding. Aside from that, they were practically a one-stop shop for us since they provided the catering, wait staff, bartenders, alcohol, tables, etc. Sandra and Kattia were great at responding to any of the planning questions we had along the way and we knew we were in the hands of professionals. Everything at our reception and cocktail hour went off without a hitch (even according to our wedding planner). Our guests raved about the food and the wait staff was very attentive. Our wedding had a lot of unique details and Clarendon Ballroom was very helpful in finding a place for everything. Many of our guests couldn't believe that Clarendon Ballroom was also a night club because it was such a perfect place for our reception. My husband and I highly recommend Clarendon Ballroom to anyone looking for a special place to hold your reception.

Sent on 11/30/2015

I don't think we can possibly say enough great things about the Ballroom. Sandra and her team took incredible care of us; no request was too large (or small), no question too absurd (and there were plenty of questions). Sandra was prompt, responsive, energetic, and always ready to make suggestions when we needed them, while keeping in touch with our wishes -- and budget. One of the major draws for the Ballroom was that it was a one-stop shop -- we really wanted to make things as easy as possible on ourselves and our guests, and the Ballroom totally fit the bill. Linens, tables, chairs, china, bar, food, and even the cake -- the Ballroom provided all of it in one bill, no surprises, no upsell. Not only that, but we received SO many compliments on the food; many guests told us it was the best wedding food they'd ever eaten. Sandra and her team made sure to ask all kinds of questions about what we did or did not like, any allergies, preferences -- not just for us, but also our guests. If you're looking for fabulous vegetarian options -- the Ballroom is it, by the way. As one of us is veg, it was so so nice to have something more than your standard eggplant parm or a plate of sides. Plenty of our carnivorous friends even said they sampled the veg meal and wished they had ordered it instead (truffled mac and cheese will win most anyone over!). All in all, planning was an absolute breeze, and execution was top notch. Sandra, Kattia, and the serving staff came by to check on us from time to time, to bring us an appetizer we didn't get during the reception, or a glass of champagne immediately following the ceremony (when we snuck away for our first moments as husband and wife); other than that, it was like the event ran itself. It's been a month since the wedding, and if there were any problems whatsoever -- during the ceremony or the reception -- we're still unaware of them. The evening was as stress free as it gets!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Casey · Married on 07/18/2015

I can't say enough about what a great experience we had here. Sandra was amazingly easy to work with! This venue takes care of everything (tables, chairs, linens, food, alcohol) including all of the little details! Whatever I asked about they said they would have covered (votive candles for the tables, holders for the table names, baskets for cards).They made the set up and clean up so easy. We just dropped off our centerpieces and everything else in the morning and they made the tables look fabulous. We had both our ceremony and our reception at this location - I didn't want to get married in the same space where we were having the reception and Sandra made it work. Originally we thought we would have 160 people and she said she could make it work for us to have the ceremony on the roof deck. Even when our final count was 190 she came up with a creative plan to have all 190+ people on the roof for the ceremony - and everyone commented on how intimate it felt. She was great at helping us make game day decisions as well - there was a 50% chance of storms for our ceremony time and Sandra was confident we could go ahead with the roof - but she made the call that cocktail hour should be inside since it was 90+ degrees outside - she was right on all counts. Once the reception started Sandra expertly moved the guests from one location to the next and I didn't have to spend one minute worrying about the timeline. Throughout the evening she checked on our family and always made sure we had drinks and food whenever we needed it. Everyone raves about the food and they are right! We got so many compliments on the food. We had stations and the variety of options was fantastic - we loved the mahi mahi when we went for a tasting but didn't want to do a plated dinner - Sandra suggested doing fish tacos as one of our stations and everyone loved them! Bartenders were great too!

Sent on 08/02/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 05/02/2015

We just had our wedding reception at the Ballroom and it was perfect! The food was amazing, the staff was exceptional, and the planning process was stress free. Sandra is awesome to work with and she helped make the evening just what we wanted it to be. It's the perfect venue for an awesome party. Our guests loved it, especially those from out of town. Every aspect of the night was just as we hoped it would be or better!

Sent on 05/06/2015

Diana · Married on 11/15/2014

At first, I was having a hard time picturing having our wedding in the Clarendon Ballroom as it was so hard to imagine it full of tables and flowers and lighting. I am so happy I selected this venue however, it was FANTASTIC. My husband said he was blown away when he walked in and saw how amazing everything looked.

From the beginning I was so happy with how easy Sandra was to work with and how flexible she was. The menu provides you with a lot of flexibility on selection, which helped with budget and tastes. One thing that I could just not get over is how much is included for no additional fee and for a truly reasonable price for the DC area. The tables, chivari gold chairs, all the linens and napkins. I have many friends who have had to pay per person to get these added. Additionally the convenience of having all the catering, bartending and even the cake handled by them was so great.

The night of, everything went off without a hitch. Our guests raved about the food and went on and on about how nice the bartenders were. The food really is top notch. They even went the extra step of making sure my sister had a vegan meal while trying to get out the other 150 meals. All night members of the staff checked in with us to make sure we had a drink or didn't need anything. I even saw Sandra get behind the bar when the cocktail hour rush had it backed up a bit.

At the end of the night they stacked up vases I needed to take with me and were so flexible about me coming back that week for them instead of having to have them packed up that night. They truly made the day of our wedding less stressful and 100% enjoyable. I have been bothering brides to be that I meet trying to tell them how great the Ballroom is in hopes they will have their reception there!

Sent on 12/26/2014