36 Reviews for Clarendon Ballroom

Uncovered Outdoor (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
Parking (1)
36 Clarendon Ballroom Reviews

We held our wedding reception at Clarendon Ballroom in April 2018 and could not be happier with the service! Sandra was very responsive and helpful along the way, from selecting linens and picking out cake to recommending vendors and working to make the day exactly as we had imagined. Our guests could not stop talking about how amazing the food was and how impressed they were by the venue (we were lucky enough to have good weather and held cocktail hour on the rooftop, big hit!). My husband and I highly recommend Clarendon Ballroom and their amazing staff for any event!

Profile Picture Dominika, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Plated, Stations, Tastings, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Furniture, Tables, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Set Up

When we first started searching wedding venues and the Clarendon Ballroom came up, we were pretty surprised. We had been to several concerts there but hadn’t thought of it as a potential wedding venue. How wrong we were!! When we first emailed for more information, Sandra responded almost immediately and we quickly had an appointment for a walk through. After five minutes with Sandra, we were hooked. The space itself is gorgeous, but it is Sandra’s expertise and easy going nature that made the process an absolute delight. We always ended up staying a little bit longer at our meetings than we intended because the creative planning juices were always flowing and the conversation was hilarious. Sandra was always willing to work within our schedule for meetings and made thoughtful suggestions for how to reach our goal of making our wedding an awesome party. Once we did the tasting, we were even more convinced that we had made the right choice. The options were extensive and all of the food was absolutely delicious! We felt like no matter what options we chose, the food would be a home run. And the beer selection options were outstanding! When we found out that linens, China, glassware, flatware, etc were included in the rental price, we figured it would just be basic white table cloths. Again, we were wrong! We were a little overwhelmed with how many choices we had, but again, Sandra expertise helped guide us.The day of, I was blown away by how gorgeous the room looked. Everything came together perfectly. For the rooftop bar for cocktail hour, the weather was perfect, the passed hors d’oeuvres were delicious, and the service was impeccable. Even before cocktail hour, one of the servers approached me and asked what my husband and I would like to drink all night, to ensure that our glasses were never empty. Dinner was delicious, the bar service incredible and we had the best night of our lives. We cannot recommend CB enough!

Profile Picture Emily, 4/20/18, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

Love, love, love this place!! My now husband And I celebrated our wedding reception in April at Clarendon Ballroom and couldn't have been happier with the outcome.
From day one Sandra made us feel at ease. She wanted to make us happy. She was helpful and understanding at every stage in the process. She responded swiftly to every question and was very flexible with all our choices.
Clarendon ballroom provides tables, chairs, and linens and has their own onsite caterer.
Everything was beautifully done.
The food was to die for!! We had cocktail hour on the rooftop and had an amazing assortment of food. Anti pasta for the Italians lots of passed appetizers and our favorite Korean chicken served in Chinese food boxes!!
Katia managed the event the night of and the service was impeccable. Our main courses were delicious and we are told from guests that had the filet mignon it could be cut with a butter knife.
One of our guests runs a catering company out of state and stated this was the best food he ever had!
A nice touch is they include a doorman to make sure the Clarendon bar hoppers don't wedding crash on your private event.
I could go on and on! I highly recommend Clarendon Ballroom!! Do not hesitate to go with Clarendon Ballroom for all your wedding/big event reception needs!

Profile Picture Mary, 4/7/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Specialty Beer, Indoor, In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

We had both our ceremony and reception at the Ballroom. Sandra was amazingly helpful, flexible and responsive to all our needs. The food was amazing. Our guests are still talking about the mac and cheese. The service was incredible. We couldn't have been happier with the experience. Of all the decisions we made during the wedding planning process, the Clarendon Ballroom was by far the best one.

Profile Picture Christine, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There are not enough superlatives in the English language to express how wonderful it was to plan a wedding at the Clarendon Ballroom. The entire staff is warm and friendly, but totally professional. Sandra has a calm, positive attitude no matter what you ask for. She does everything humanly possible to make your vision into reality, while keeping you grounded and within budget! The venue may not look incredible when you first see it, but check out the photos on their site and you'll realize how beautiful it can be. It's magic!

Profile Picture Cathy, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were absolutely thrilled working with everyone at the Clarendon Ballroom for our wedding reception in May of 2017. Living just down the street, we hadn't considered the Ballroom for our reception, but once we saw the glowing reviews on Wedding Wire, we had to check it out. Needless to say, we were not disappointed! Working with Sandra was an absolute dream. She is professional, organized, detail oriented....and FUN! My husband and I loved our meetings with her and she made the entire reception planning process completely stress free and enjoyable. We had a non traditional reception with lounge seating and no seating arrangements and Sandra was so helpful in offering suggestions for furniture layouts and food stations. Honestly, I don't know what we would have done without her. When the big day came, we were able to sit back, relax and enjoy our day. I can't say enough good things about the entire staff at the Ballroom. They are so professional, competent and welcoming. We received many lovely compliments from our guests. Lastly, being a huge food lover, I have to say, you won't find a better caterer in the DC area! We had many guests tell us they've never had food as delicious as what was served at our reception....we thoroughly enjoyed it all! I cannot recommend the Clarendon Ballroom enough. We had a fabulous experience and you will too!

Photos
Profile Picture Wendy, 4/15/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Set Up

I am so happy we chose the Clarendon Ballroom for our wedding. There are so many great things to share about our experience with Sandra and the venue, so I'll just touch on a few. From day 1, Sandra was responsive, accommodating, understanding, and so helpful. She never made us feel too high maintenance for changing our minds, always humored us when we asked for things differently, and made our lives SO MUCH EASIER. The venue itself was beautiful. We did both the ceremony and reception there, with a cocktail hour on the roof. Do cocktails on the roof - you won't regret it. With the string lights and a beautiful night, you'll surely impress your guests. Food was exceptional. We did NOT expect that kind of quality of food from a venue that's a dance hall on the weekends. We went with the BBQ and everything was great - smoked turkey and mac and cheese were our faves. Tasting at the menu event, though, everything was great. We ate one of the best steaks of our lives at the Clarendon ballroom some Saturday afternoon. Thank you to Sandra, and the whole team there, for being amazing and making our day so special!

Profile Picture Sam, 10/9/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue goes far beyond anything I could have ever wanted for my wedding. When we first heard about the Ballroom, we knew it as bar/night club and had no idea they even did events. We were a little skeptical at first, but then we found out that the venues main purpose was for events and they open it only when they aren't hosting an event. We held our wedding and reception there, it was really more than I could have dreamed up for my wedding.

The place was gorgeous in the day time and looks completely different than it does when it's a night club, it is GORGEOUS. The best part about this venue is that everything was all inclusive, I mean they do it ALL for you. It is a one stop shop and their food was hands down the best food I have ever had at a wedding. We had a selection of just about any tablecloth we wanted, we got tables, chairs, servers, alcohol, food, and cake! It was incredible.

Sandra is the event manager there and I believe a part owner of the place and she was top notch on customer service. I plan events for a living and she was by far the best person I have ever worked with. Did I already mention how good the food was?

Also, they have you come in for a tasting and they turn the ballroom into a little restaurant and it's a full service food/beverage tasting, we left fat and happy. The food was so good! Then, closer to your wedding they give you a box with all of the cakes to take home and try. Their cakes were also delicious! I mean this place was just so accommodating. To not have to worry about a furniture vendor, food/beverage vendor, linen vendor, table ware vendor... I mean it took so much stress off. They even let us borrow little candles and they had a book of over about 50 different table cloth options. The venue also came with Gold chivari chairs.

Since the place is a fully functioning bar, even the house beer and wine came with about 8 different beer options and about 4 different wine options. Just incredible!

Profile Picture Theresa, 10/8/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

As we set out to find a reception venue, we wanted someplace that we could customize and throw a fun, relaxed-but-elegant reception. Upon meeting Sandra and seeing the space, I instantly fell in love with the Clarendon Ballroom’s art deco vibe and gold ceilings, and my husband was sold on the enormous bar and cool rooftop deck. Sandra’s enthusiasm and kindness sealed the deal!
During our year+ planning process, Sandra graciously answered every question we had, and met with us multiple times to make sure every last detail was to our liking. She offered expert guidance when it came to items like menu, seating, and timeline, while still encouraging us to customize. She saw our vision for the day, and worked with our vendors to make sure it came to life—and it did, beautifully!
On the day of, Sandra greeted us when we arrived after our ceremony with our favorite beverages and personal plates of hors d'oeuvres— a gesture that was so appreciated! She also gave us a peek of the ballroom, and it took my breath away—the decor, linens, and lights were so beautifully pulled together.
We had a gorgeous April evening and held cocktail hour on the roof. The foliage and strings of lights made for a classy yet laid-back vibe. Our guests raved about the food (and beverage selection!). The ballroom allowed plenty of space for our 180 guests, a seven-piece band (on a stage), and a huge dance floor. Dinner was delicious, with each course served in record speed by the amazing staff. Guests loved the long bar and wonderfully attentive bartenders. The pastry chef is best-in-class— not only was my gold-brushed vision executed brilliantly, but the cake was insanely delicious! Once dinner was over, the lights lowered, the band picked up…the space seamlessly transitioned from elegant dinner to fun dance party.
I cannot recommend Sandra, Kattia and the Clarendon Ballroom enough. We foresee many anniversaries celebrated with a drink on the CB roof to reminisce about such a perfect day!

Profile Picture Angelina, 4/23/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Specialty Beer, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables

I only knew the Clarendon Ballroom as a bar/club, so I never thought I'd have my dream wedding there -- but it was that and much more!

The space is gorgeous (gold tin ceiling, amazing dance floor) and you can 100% customize everything about your wedding (decor, menu, schedule) to be the day you imagine -- with incredibly responsive, supportive, and kind staff helping you every step of the way. (Seriously. You can't ask for anything more as a bride. Go see it today!)

> Incredible service -- Sandra Hoehne and her team are kind, patient, funny, and flexible. It felt like we planned our wedding with a family friend, who knew and cared about us and offered valuable advice to make our day even better.

Whether meeting me and a vendor on a random morning, answering my many questions quickly by email, or finding my dad's garment bag after the wedding, Sandra guided us through our wedding with grace, enthusiasm, and humor.

> Beautiful, flexible space -- Hosting our wedding at Clarendon Ballroom let us get the "big stuff" (tables, linens, audio, etc.) taken care of right away so we could focus on the fun stuff.

And, even better, it's a versatile space. We had a traditional ceremony, a beautiful dinner, and an awesome dance party complete with glow sticks to close out the night. There's a photo of me seeing the ballroom set for the reception for the first time -- and I look like I'm about to cry (in a wonderful way) because it was so beautiful.

> Amazing food -- Three weeks out from our wedding, family and friends are still telling us how delicious the food was. We were able to completely customize our menu so it was everything we loved. Plus, event staff went out of their way to hand us appetizers or make us dinner plates so we could enjoy it.

I had big dreams for our wedding (unsurprisingly!), and Ballroom surpassed every one of them. I couldn't have asked for a more fun, magical, or amazing night. My only regret is I can't do it all over again next year!

Profile Picture Abigail, 11/7/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Wheelchair Access, Linens, Chairs, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Indoor, Cake

This venue was really fabulous! Sandra was a dream to work with, and everything was handled with the utmost professionalism. There was a huge staff on site to handle every detail with care. Sandra was hands-on and never made us feel bad for asking so many questions or being stressed out! They transitioned the venue from the wedding ceremony to the reception flawlessly and it looked spectacular! Rave reviews from everyone about the food, the bar, the staff, etc. Highly recommend this venue!

Profile Picture robin, 10/24/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We used Clarendon Ballroom for our cocktail hour and wedding reception and we couldn't be happier with our choice!

When we first visited we loved the look of the bar, dance floor, and rooftop and knew that it was a unique venue that would be great for our wedding. Aside from that, they were practically a one-stop shop for us since they provided the catering, wait staff, bartenders, alcohol, tables, etc. Sandra and Kattia were great at responding to any of the planning questions we had along the way and we knew we were in the hands of professionals. Everything at our reception and cocktail hour went off without a hitch (even according to our wedding planner). Our guests raved about the food and the wait staff was very attentive. Our wedding had a lot of unique details and Clarendon Ballroom was very helpful in finding a place for everything. Many of our guests couldn't believe that Clarendon Ballroom was also a night club because it was such a perfect place for our reception. My husband and I highly recommend Clarendon Ballroom to anyone looking for a special place to hold your reception.

Profile Picture Martha Elena, 10/10/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Chairs, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Outside Cake, Linens, Cake

I don't think we can possibly say enough great things about the Ballroom. Sandra and her team took incredible care of us; no request was too large (or small), no question too absurd (and there were plenty of questions). Sandra was prompt, responsive, energetic, and always ready to make suggestions when we needed them, while keeping in touch with our wishes -- and budget. One of the major draws for the Ballroom was that it was a one-stop shop -- we really wanted to make things as easy as possible on ourselves and our guests, and the Ballroom totally fit the bill. Linens, tables, chairs, china, bar, food, and even the cake -- the Ballroom provided all of it in one bill, no surprises, no upsell. Not only that, but we received SO many compliments on the food; many guests told us it was the best wedding food they'd ever eaten. Sandra and her team made sure to ask all kinds of questions about what we did or did not like, any allergies, preferences -- not just for us, but also our guests. If you're looking for fabulous vegetarian options -- the Ballroom is it, by the way. As one of us is veg, it was so so nice to have something more than your standard eggplant parm or a plate of sides. Plenty of our carnivorous friends even said they sampled the veg meal and wished they had ordered it instead (truffled mac and cheese will win most anyone over!). All in all, planning was an absolute breeze, and execution was top notch. Sandra, Kattia, and the serving staff came by to check on us from time to time, to bring us an appetizer we didn't get during the reception, or a glass of champagne immediately following the ceremony (when we snuck away for our first moments as husband and wife); other than that, it was like the event ran itself. It's been a month since the wedding, and if there were any problems whatsoever -- during the ceremony or the reception -- we're still unaware of them. The evening was as stress free as it gets!

Profile Picture User5583837, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Cake, Event Rentals, Outside Cake, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Chairs, Linens

I can't say enough about what a great experience we had here. Sandra was amazingly easy to work with! This venue takes care of everything (tables, chairs, linens, food, alcohol) including all of the little details! Whatever I asked about they said they would have covered (votive candles for the tables, holders for the table names, baskets for cards).They made the set up and clean up so easy. We just dropped off our centerpieces and everything else in the morning and they made the tables look fabulous. We had both our ceremony and our reception at this location - I didn't want to get married in the same space where we were having the reception and Sandra made it work. Originally we thought we would have 160 people and she said she could make it work for us to have the ceremony on the roof deck. Even when our final count was 190 she came up with a creative plan to have all 190+ people on the roof for the ceremony - and everyone commented on how intimate it felt. She was great at helping us make game day decisions as well - there was a 50% chance of storms for our ceremony time and Sandra was confident we could go ahead with the roof - but she made the call that cocktail hour should be inside since it was 90+ degrees outside - she was right on all counts. Once the reception started Sandra expertly moved the guests from one location to the next and I didn't have to spend one minute worrying about the timeline. Throughout the evening she checked on our family and always made sure we had drinks and food whenever we needed it. Everyone raves about the food and they are right! We got so many compliments on the food. We had stations and the variety of options was fantastic - we loved the mahi mahi when we went for a tasting but didn't want to do a plated dinner - Sandra suggested doing fish tacos as one of our stations and everyone loved them! Bartenders were great too!

Profile Picture Casey, 7/18/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just had our wedding reception at the Ballroom and it was perfect! The food was amazing, the staff was exceptional, and the planning process was stress free. Sandra is awesome to work with and she helped make the evening just what we wanted it to be. It's the perfect venue for an awesome party. Our guests loved it, especially those from out of town. Every aspect of the night was just as we hoped it would be or better!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 5/2/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

At first, I was having a hard time picturing having our wedding in the Clarendon Ballroom as it was so hard to imagine it full of tables and flowers and lighting. I am so happy I selected this venue however, it was FANTASTIC. My husband said he was blown away when he walked in and saw how amazing everything looked.

From the beginning I was so happy with how easy Sandra was to work with and how flexible she was. The menu provides you with a lot of flexibility on selection, which helped with budget and tastes. One thing that I could just not get over is how much is included for no additional fee and for a truly reasonable price for the DC area. The tables, chivari gold chairs, all the linens and napkins. I have many friends who have had to pay per person to get these added. Additionally the convenience of having all the catering, bartending and even the cake handled by them was so great.

The night of, everything went off without a hitch. Our guests raved about the food and went on and on about how nice the bartenders were. The food really is top notch. They even went the extra step of making sure my sister had a vegan meal while trying to get out the other 150 meals. All night members of the staff checked in with us to make sure we had a drink or didn't need anything. I even saw Sandra get behind the bar when the cocktail hour rush had it backed up a bit.

At the end of the night they stacked up vases I needed to take with me and were so flexible about me coming back that week for them instead of having to have them packed up that night. They truly made the day of our wedding less stressful and 100% enjoyable. I have been bothering brides to be that I meet trying to tell them how great the Ballroom is in hopes they will have their reception there!

Profile Picture Diana, 11/15/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

We couldn't have been happier with our experience at the Clarendon Ballroom. Everything was fantastic, especially the food!

Profile Picture Andrew, 9/28/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

At first, I was hesitant about having my wedding at Clarendon Ballroom: I mean, isn't it just a bar where people get drunk on the weekends?

I was so wrong! Private events are the specialty at Clarendon Ballroom, and they were fantastic to work with. Here's what I loved about them:

Clarendon Ballroom is not a cookie-cutter venue, so if you're looking for something a little different, it's a great way to go without being super inconvenient. It is right in the middle of downtown Arlington, it's a local institution, and the people that run it are all co-owners, so they have a huge vested interest in making the place great.

They also cover so much of what you might have to rent separately with another venue: tables, chairs, linens, cocktail furniture, alcohol, appetizers, dinner, and dessert were all available, and it was so nice to have one vendor for everything.

Sandra, the banquet manager was so nice and always responsive whenever we had a question, and while she was super helpful in letting us know what other people have done in the past, she was not judgmental about what we wanted.

And the food: amazing. We got SO many compliments from all of our guests, and good food was a really high priority for us. I think it makes a difference that they make the food on-site, rather than hauling it in from somewhere else and reheating it. They are open to doing WHATEVER you want, although we mostly relied on the chef's expertise, because he really knows his stuff.

All in all, it's a reasonable price too, especially by D.C. area standards. By the time you figure in all the extra vendors for a place that only charges a venue fee, I think Clarendon Ballroom really is the better deal.

Profile Picture Meg, 8/3/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

We had our wedding ceremony & reception at Clarendon Ballroom this past July and our friends and family are still talking about it. As a former event planner, I had a high bar for customer service and event execution! We worked primarily with Sandra, the event manager, and we were impressed from the beginning. Sandra really worked with us to make the event feel like us and made recommendations based on her experience that really helped things go smoothly. CB was the first venue we looked at and we should have stopped looking right then - the flexibility of the space combined with the location's accessibility and desirability makes the value unmatched in the DC area. There's great diversity in the menu and everything we tasted was spectacular. I particularly liked that the menu options were more modern than most DC venues with in house kitchens. The space itself is a gem - easily transformable with the typical additions, and easily stellar on its own with its Art Deco vibe (which was great for us). Since CB is a fully functioning bar, you have a MUCH better beer selection than most places. We also were easily able to supplement the wine list and Sandra helped us find a particular type of wine we desperately wanted. Lastly, their team’s flexibility is unmatched. I can't tell you how many times I reached out with a request or something I thought might be a favor and the answer was, "but of course!" or, "whatever is easiest for you". Let me tell you folks, that is not always the standard in this town, esp in the wedding industry, and it's an immeasurable and priceless stress-reducer :) Highly, highly recommend! ~Heidi (Jason's wife)

Profile Picture Jason, 7/20/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had an amazing reception at the Ballroom and loved working with Sandra and her team. Many of our guests have commented that the food was the best wedding food they had. The venue was wonderful and accommodating in every possible way. Everything was set up perfectly and it allowed me not to stress about any wedding day details. The location was great and we highly recommend it to others in the future.

Profile Picture Erin, 7/13/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding, cocktail hour, and reception at Clarendon Ballroom. From the first email I sent to CB, to the time I went to pick up my decorations after the wedding, I have had the best experience I could imagine with wedding planning. If you don’t want to continue reading my review, to summarize: CB is easy, and has great food.

Sandra is beyond FANTASTIC - there is not an impossible vision or idea too crazy. She was always willing to give suggestions, recommend outside vendors, show pictures of things they’ve done in the past. She was also completely willing to work with our budget and give ideas for cutting costs, or suggesting where money would be better spent.

Our guests are still raving about the food. We had a salmon dish and a filet - both were just fantastic and creative, NOT wedding food. I even heard the vegetarian option was delicious. The presentation was flawless (it came out and people were like, what is this!?) and the servers were really quick getting it all out.

The cake (which I don’t believe they make themselves) was also delicious, and beautiful. My brother who has NEVER liked cake had at least 3 slices.

Any vendor I wanted to use, I probably could have. Sandra helped a lot in finding vendors and giving suggestions, but was completely open to us bringing in any band, decorations, etc. that we thought we needed. I even wanted my aisle to be lined with lighted candles - no problem! If you’re creative, and want something easy, this might be the place for you to have your own wedding.

Profile Picture Ali, 6/15/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were absolutely thrilled with our wedding at the Ballroom! Everything was wonderful! The ceremony space was beautiful which was then transformed to the reception space while we were on the roof for the cocktail hour. Our guests loved being on the roof and enjoying the food and drinks! We absolutely LOVED the food and service. Our family and friends keep telling us it was the best wedding food they have ever tasted! The cake was delicious and looked exactly like the picture we provided as an example.

We worked with Sandra throughout the planning process. She was so easy to work with. She responded quickly and gave advice about the food, lighting, tablecloths, timeline and much more! We enjoyed the planning process with Sandra and she made sure our day was perfect!

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/2/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I met at the Clarendon Ballroom in 2008 and shared our first kiss on the rooftop. It meant so much to us to have our wedding at the Ballroom but soon found out not only did we choose a venue that had meaning to us, but we hit the jackpot by choosing this venue! It started when we had our food tasting. My Mom, Dad and fiance (at the time) were all just laughing the whole time because who would've known that the Clarendon Ballroom had the best food in town. And I mean, the BEST food. To this day people still talk about that being the best food they've ever had at a wedding. I was literally in a state of shock when I saw the venue set up for our wedding reception, it was beautiful. What once was a sweaty dance club, magically transformed into the wedding of any girl's dreams. The cocktail hour was on the rooftop, and on October 20, was the perfect cool weather. Sandra went above and beyond in every aspect you could imagine to make our dream wedding come true and she far surpassed our envision. She worked beautifully with my vendors, none of whom had done a wedding at the Ballroom and everything went smoothly. They provide valet service and door men who were dressed in tuxes and just made the whole event feel that much more "glam"! Oh and how could i forget the cookies!!! In addition to wedding cake, we served warm chocolate chip cookies to everyone immediately following dinner! How they managed to keep every cookie "warm" is beyond me. But everyone LOVED them! Words cannot describe how perfect my wedding day was, thanks to Sandra and her amazing staff. She was absolutely amazing to work with and seriously made sure everything was PERFECT. We still keep in touch with her and actually ran into her on our one year anniversary when we went back to the Ballroom to reminisce!

Profile Picture Erin, 10/20/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

As soon as I found out that the Clarendon Ballroom was also a wedding and events venue that was very affordable (!) in comparison to many DC wedding locations, I had to get married there. I've been to so many concerts, parties, and just random nights out at the Ballroom over the years, but having our wedding there was truly special. The catering manager, Sandra Hoehne, is awesome! She suggested many reliable vendors to make our day special, and we ended up using many of them, as well.
We had our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all at the one location. They use the main floor ballroom for the ceremony setup, cocktail hour on the roof or in the front lounge, and then transform the main floor ballroom into a beautiful reception space in one little hour. Everyone told me how impressed they were at the transformation, and how much they loved having the outdoor cocktail hour on the roof with the great view of Arlington and sunset.
The food at the Clarendon Ballroom is really the reason to book. It is that good. Again, many guests raved about how good the food was, and depending on your bar package, they have a TON of beers on tap available (my husband really loved that one)! They make the wedding cake there or else you incur an extra fee per guest if you bring it in from the outside. I was nervous about this at first, because if I found I really cool cake design, I didn't know if the chef would have the pastry skills to pull it off. I should never have worried. They made a beautiful tiered cake with an enormous sugar flower covering the side of several tiers, and it looked EXACTLY like the picture that I sent. I was floored. It tasted really yummy, too! :)
I can't say enough about how happy I was with having our wedding at the Clarendon Ballroom. You may think of it as more of a bar, but they really far exceeded my expectations of what our wedding day should be. We couldn't be happier and we're excited to go back every year to celebrate our anniversary on the rooftop deck!

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/5/12, 9 Reviews