Claremont Club & Spa Reviews

16 | Berkeley, CA

16 Reviews for Claremont Club & Spa

Justin · Married on 09/03/2016

The vendor was great, but our experience was truly exceptional because of interactions with Alexis. She was responsive, always positive and most importantly, she was very patient with us throughout the entire process. We cannot say enough good things about her.

-Justin

Lisa · Married on 10/17/2015

We recently had our wedding at the Claremont Hotel. Everyone there was great especially the event catering manager Alexis Garhammer. We planned our wedding on short notice and Alexis was extremely flexible and professional. She was responsive and very communicative throughout the entire process. She was there with us from the planning process including the rehearsal, ceremony and reception. Her team was awesome and went above and beyond to ensure we enjoyed our special day.

The Claremont was the perfect place for my wedding! The staff was extremely helpful from the planning process all the way until the day of the ceremony. The event manager Alexis was awesome and great to work with. She kept us updated on the process which was very important to us since our wedding was planned in such a quick time frame. Linda and her team from the catering staff we so friendly and flexible on the day of our wedding. My husband and I were very impressed with the staff's professionalism and genuine interest in making sure we enjoyed our wedding experience. We have already booked our first year anniversary at the Claremont and look forward to returning next year!

SnL · Married on 10/10/2015

Wonderful venue, excellent service, top-notch staff.

• Ally

Ally · Married on 11/11/2011

The Claremont Hotel Club and Spa, was the location for my November 11th, 2011 wedding. Kathy Marty was the person I was directly in contact with. My planning process started in January of 2010. I knew immediately that I had to have my wedding here. Not only are views from the Sonoma(upstairs) and Horizon (downstairs) rooms breathtaking but the whole experience was a once in lifetime experience, just like our date. There were a few bumps along the way, because I planned my wedding from Tennessee. But in spite of those hiccups, the Claremont far exceeded my expectations. The food was simply divine. 5 stars all the way. Our Bridal suites and Honeymoon suites were magnificent. Kathy really bent over backwards to accommodate our wedding and we are truly appreciative!!

Claremont Hotel Club & Spa was the most elegant and classy place to have our wedding day. We owe many thanks to Kathy Marty - she was absolutely amazing to work with throughout our whole wedding planning process. Kathy gave great suggestions and ensured that our day ran effortlessly. We received many compliments from our guests that this was the best and most gorgeous wedding venue. Our day was better than what we imagined it to be...everything fell into place beautifully!!! Thank you Kathy and thank you Claremont for helping create great memories that will not be forgotten for many years to come. We cannot say enough of how wonderful everything was.

Chrissy · Married on 10/22/2010

We had an intimate cocktail reception & formal sit down dinner on 10/22/10 for 52 guests. Throughout our 6 month engagement and planning process Melisa Johnson was warm, helpful, and exceptional at her job. My husband and I were so impressed by our overall experience. Our guests raved about the hotel, food (seabass & filet) , beverage (full bar) , staff (Johnny & banquet team), and rooms. Though the Claremont was more expensive than other venues it was worth the price and experience. We are looking forward to coming back for years to come to celebrate anniversaries and future events. Thank you to Melisa and the Catering Staff for treating us so well and making our wedding day a wonderful day to remember in every way!

Kiley · Married on 05/25/2008

We are all in the high end food bussness in our family and we were and still are impressed with that weekend, It was definety five star and above on all venues.I never dreammed I would really not have to do a thing or worrie,but I was wrong
    200 guests and not one thning went wrong , not one so so meal-all great. we all felt it was the day to remember forever-the way one dreams! The rooms were as nice as the service and food. The also provide a honeymoon suite as part of the package! Wow

Alexis and the team at the Clairemont were fantastic! We had such a great experience, little details were taken care of and I couldn't be happier! Now whenever I drive the amazing hotel, I will forever remember my wedding day.

Angela · Married on 06/26/2010

Excellent venue, very accommodating. A bit costly for guest rooms at the hotel, but gorgeous views and beautiful setting. Very elegant.

Julie · Married on 04/02/2016

Our wedding is coming up in 3 months and this vendor is the perfect venue for our wedding. They have rooms to accommodate large and small weddings, ours in a small close family wedding and they've taken the worry out of all the planning.

• User6320072 · 2+ years ago

Alexis was wonderful to work with, and helped calm my nerves and work well with my lovely but disorganized family. I love the Claremont and wanted to be able to take pictures throughout the venue, and was told this was allowed as long as we didn't block other people from moving around. I haven't gotten my professional pictures back yet, but I'm confident we were able to get a variety and beautiful shots around the grounds. I felt like the banquet room we rented was beautiful, the service was excellent and my guests were happy. My grandmother especially was warm and comfortable and full and happy, which was my #1 priority. It was a good value and a beautiful backdrop for what we wanted to pull off. Again, because my wedding was small I can't speak to what hosting a large reception here would be like, but I can say we spent hours in the hotel and my guests had every need met with gracious service. When I called for room service the next morning, they greeted me as "Mrs. LastName" It was a nice touch :) Actually, as the bride, I felt like a celebrity both days I was there, everyone smiling at me, asking if I had a good time, telling me I looked beautiful, etc. I have very positive feelings about the venue, and know that every time I see it up in the hills it will bring back fond memories, which is what we were going for! Also highly recommend the weekend brunch, it was a lovely way to say goodbye and send people off, and the food was incredible!

• F

Felicia · Married on 08/08/2010

4.2
      3.0

Ah, the famous Claremont Hotel. I always enjoyed driving by this majestic building and dreaming of staying there (even though I live in Berkeley). Well, I got my wish. We rented a hotel room as our "getting ready" location for our very Berkeley wedding (complete with a ceremony at LHS, Scharffenberger favors, and a SmartCar).

We visited the Claremont to book a hotel room, and they gave us many options and keys so we could view the rooms. Their "bridal suite" was up in a tower, probably the best room the have to offer. It was also ridiculously expensive and too big for our purposes.

We decided on a couple of rooms and went down to the desk to book them. The front desk agent then said that the rooms were already reserved. We eventually found a couple of rooms we liked in the "new" (but non-renovated) wing, which is only accessible through the spa level. We decided to book both rooms - the prices were pretty reasonable since we reserved well in advance, but I would have preferred the original rooms we viewed. I wish the front desk agents had told us upfront so that we wouldn't have wasted our time.

The actual stay was lovely. My suite had plenty of room and furniture for me, my bridesmaids, beauty team, and photographers/videographers.

The view was breathtaking, the ambiance was lovely, and I recommend the Claremont if you have the money to spare. I definitely want to stay again!

2.5
      3.5

The Claremont was beyond our wildest dreams even though we hit rocky spots throughout the process. My husband and I started planning our wedding a year and half in advanced b/c we knew it would be a big expense and we were stationed in TX at the time. First rocky start: It took the catering manager, Kathy 3 months to get back to us. We got a wedding coordinator Allison and she was awesome! She greeted us on our first walk-through and walked us through the ceremony space. I was in complete awe over everything. It was more than I've ever dreamed of. Second Rocky incident: Allison left and Kathy was hard to reach again. We finally got a hold of her on our trip out to Cali to do another walk-through as we were told our reception location had moved upstairs. It ended up being a better location so we were content. After some more delays on responses we were assigned Alexis. Third Rocky incident: 3 months before the wedding we get told our ceremony spot has been selected for the renovation after being told it was not a part of it. Here I was just moved to Cali, trying to unpack boxes for my new home, and another change happens. I was furious but I will say that Alexis went to bat for us and made sure our day was perfect! Even though the process was very rocky our wedding turned out amazing! The food melted in your mouth and everything went as planned! Money well spent and our family & guests still talk about our wedding and it's been 2 months!

Nancy · Married on 06/16/2012

3.0

My husband and I held our wedding at this hotel last year as this hotel is beautiful and the views of the Bay are amazing. My husband and I had also enjoyed our stays here before and the initial food tasting went really well. As for our wedding, our guests enjoyed the hors d'oeuvres and the boba bar during the tea reception, which we had instead of a cocktail hour. Our guests also enjoyed the food during the main reception, except for the vegetarian entree. Unfortunately, they did not provide the vegetarian entree we selected and the vegetarian entree they did provide tasted poorly. There were also other issues during the planning process with the hotel and during the wedding day due to poor organizational skills and a poor ability to execute tasks and duties on the part of certain hotel staff. The hotel management acted reasonably and kindly in addressing all the issues and the staff here is certainly very well-mannered and likeable. However, in order to be a truly fine hotel, they need to be more organized and do things correctly, especially for weddings where the experience matters the most. I submitted a detailed review directly to the hotel with the hope that they will improve, and hopefully they have.