Clambakes Of Connecticut and Catering Reviews

Clambakes Of Connecticut and Catering 5
Clambakes Of Connecticut and Catering 6
Clambakes Of Connecticut and Catering 7

Cindy · Married on 05/17/2015

I was very happy with the services provided. They were a little late setting up and serving food but all worked out for my son's college graduation luncheon. Food was excellent and everyone was happy. I have definitely reccommened them to others and will use again if the need arises.

Cindy

Sent on 02/03/2016
  • User4957911 · event on 04/03/2015

We use them 1 or 2 times a year and they never disappoint and always offer us a fantastic menu!

Sent on 04/09/2015

Kate · Married on 08/31/2014

Clambakes of Connecticut was everything we were hoping for and more. We planned a wedding in CT from Seattle and communication with Ron was seamless from day one. As the wedding date got closer, I started to worry about day of coordination and had not hired a wedding planner. Ron introduced us to Leda who helped guide me through scheduling the day minute by minute, she was the absolute best!

I have to stress that this is not just any clambake, the food was absolutely amazing and our guests are still raving about the food months after! I believe a few guests even hired them for another future event :) They offer a huge range of catering options and will do anything to cater the menu to you. Our wedding wouldn't have been 1/2 as amazing without Clambakes of Connecticut!

Something to also note, the venue we rented did not provide much other than a roof over our heads, tables and chairs. Ron was extremely helpful in providing servers, bar tenders and cutlery for the food and cake/coffee.

We're already planning a repeat anniversary celebration (not sure which one yet!) and you better believe they will be catering!! Thank you SO much to Ron and Leda and all of the amazing staff at Clambakes of Connecticut for making our wedding day unforgettably perfect!

Sent on 10/12/2014

Abby · Married on 08/23/2014

I don't even know where to begin with this amazing group - Ron, Eric, Leda and crew left a lifelong impression on us. Ron runs his business on the sole premise of making your day everything you imagined. From menu suggestions/opinions to countless menu changes to pricing to pure honesty when you have too much food...Ron was always there for every email or phone call and always made sure everyone was happy :) He runs Clambakes like an intimate family business and treats you as if you're the only event he's working through. Leda - everyone needs a Leda for their wedding day, though you'll never find someone else like her. Leda is the coordinator of all coordinators, the planner of all planners...and the most caring person. Your wedding reception is guaranteed to be perfect with Leda involved. From the first time I spoke with Leda, she was interested in every detail of the day and offered her crew for every task necessary. It's clear she and her crew have a ton of experience with weddings and will ensure a smooth day. Leda brought some of her own decorations to complement our decor, she provided thoughtful suggestions for flow of the day, she had a detailed task list/timeline prepared within a day of our first phone call, she became my wedding backbone for random questions I had and always kept in contact with me to ensure I was all set. You will miss Leda dearly when your wedding is over :( Although Eric is more behind the scenes as the chef...you are in great hands with the food he puts out. My husband is a chef so of course had initial concerns with someone else cooking for such an important day. You have nothing to worry about with Eric & his crew - all of the food was cooked & executed perfectly! From the king crab to the lobster to the steak to the raw bar and most importantly the pigs...we were so impressed! We are still getting complements on how good the food was!
    We could never thank Clambakes enough for making our wedding day so perfect :)

Sent on 10/13/2014

Trish · Married on 08/16/2014

Leda was a wonderful help to me for my daughters reception! When I called her in a panic 3 days before the event she and Eric came over and reviewed everything with!!! All was good!!

From the minute Leda came on site the day of the wedding, all in had to do was get ready and enjoy the rest of the night! Everything went so smoothly, Clambakes of Connecticut did a fantastic job!

Sent on 08/18/2014

Bridgette · Married on 08/09/2014

Outstanding! We had the perfect day and it was because of Leda and the entire staff. The food, the set-up, the service and most of all the staffs efforts. They took care of everything. It was like we had a personal wedding planner! So helpful, so kind, so wonderful! Our friends and family are still talking about how amazing the event was weeks later.

Sent on 08/31/2014

M · event on 08/02/2014

We hired Clambakes of CT for my husbands birthday and they did a wonderful job! The experience from beginning to end was incredible and the team that came to my home made my guests feel very comfortable!! The food was excellent and everyone had plenty to eat. They couldn’t do enough to make the evening successful and everyone was asking who catered the party! Everyone really worked beautifully together and made the event a night to remember. I will absolutely refer them to anyone that would like to have a great event.

Sent on 08/08/2014

Voula · Married on 06/29/2014

Great experience! Amazing food and very helpful staff!!

Sent on 07/07/2014

Joanna · Married on 06/14/2014

Clambakes made my wedding, and here's why:

Note: this was an outdoor, 200 person tented wedding!

1. Leda. She was the head coordinator at my wedding. Not only did she communicate with me almost every other day leading to the wedding, it wasn't just about the food! I wish I had known earlier that clambakes actually has someone that is like a wedding planner! We bounced design ideas off each other, talked about decor, about things I would need like dumpsters etc. She was an absolute joy to work with!

2. The food. My guests plates were piled high and then a full lobster was thrown on top! It was great to see people with lobster bibs over their formal attire eating at all the tables. I have some very memorable photos.

3. The cook out. At first I thought I would have to get a screen to cover the cook space, but Eric - my head chef extraordinaire - said no. The guests really like to watch the grills. And they do! So many men would walk up to the grills, grab live lobsters, talk to the staff! They were so friendly and interactive it added this whole other level to my wedding.

Those were my three favorite things, they were great. I had so many compliments and great service and I'd recommend clambakes to anyone! I only wish I knew they did so much beforehand!!! I would have used them for the bar and as my unofficial planners...

Sent on 06/17/2014

Sara · Married on 09/07/2013

My husband and I chose Clambakes of Connecticut to cater our wedding this past year. Not only did they do an amazing job, they truly made our wedding. They were extremely flexible in customizing our menu as well as in following the many rules our venue required, including removal of all trash and cleaning up the entire venue. Aleda was always there to answer any questions I had about setup and decorations and even made a timeline of events for the day which she coordinated with my wedding planner- a huge help! Her buffet and cocktail table décor was perfect for our beachside wedding and set the perfect backdrop for all our amazing appetizers and dinner.

The food that Ron, Eric and the rest of the crew prepared was phenomenal and easily the top aspect of our wedding that our guests are still talking about. Some of our appetizers included New England clam chowder with garlic bread (bigtime hit), shrimp and beef kabobs, a raw bar and caprese salad skewers. They even offered to bring the fruit garnishes for our bar. Food was top priority for our wedding as we love to eat and have come home hungry from way too many weddings. Our guests had plenty to choose from for our dinner buffet and loved the New England Clambake theme, especially our guests from the Midwest. I guarantee no one went home hungry.

Clambakes of Connecticut also provided a serving crew that made our lives infinitely easier. They were all very friendly and dressed professionally. They were always on-hand to help accommodate our guests, clear plates and fill water glasses but were so discrete we barely noticed them.

I recommend Clambakes of Connecticut without hesitation and will definitely be using them in the future.

Sent on 07/08/2014

Clambakes were great, they are reasonably priced but have delicious food! The service was wonderful and professional and even though it was kind of short notice, we got exactly what we wanted for our rehearsal dinner! I would definitely use them again.

Sent on 10/08/2012

Fantastic Food @Service.
    Thanks Guys? Joe/Sue

Sent on 03/11/2013

Deb · Married on 08/23/2009

Ron and his team are fabulous! It's 5 years later and people are still talking about how great the food was and the exquisite presentation. We couldn't be happier with the entire event.

Sent on 07/22/2014

elizabeth · Married on 07/04/2014

Ct Clambakes catered my outdoor July 4. Ron & Leda were responsive 100% of the time to my emails, phone calls and the variety of questions I had from the day we signed the contract as well as a follow up phone call after the event. The weather on the wedding day started with rain and predictions were not good for the starting time of 5:00. My fiancé & I were stressed, even though we had tents it would be difficult with Tropical Storm Arthur on the way. As soon as Leda and her team arrived and she immediately calmed me with her idea of rearranging the planned eating spaces and told me NOT TO WORRY! This very professional crew took over, everyone commented to as to the professionalism, the beautiful table décor, friendly and accommodating staff. Comments about the food were superb, everyone raved about all of from the apps to main course. Not a slight complaint!
    Thank you for making this a great day.

Sent on 07/29/2014

Alyssa · Married on 09/16/2018

I hired Clambakes of Connecticut to do an "elevated" pig roast at my wedding and they exceeded my expectations. First of all, Ron is great from the minute you book with him. He's laid back, but also good about walking you through the process and making sure he delivers what you want. Secondly, the food is INCREDIBLE. Most brides don't get to eat on their wedding day, but I had a chance to sit down for a second and I'm so glad I did. EVERYTHING was delicious. The pig was juicy and flavorful - just melts in your mouth. The Mac and cheese was out of this world, even the salad was amazing! We had a multi-cultural wedding, so we had to please very different palates and all of my guests would not stop talking about how delicious the food was. Their presentation was beautiful and went along with the theme, and the staff who cooked and served were so friendly and pleasant to be around. I want to have another party so we can hire them again! Don't hesitate, book Ron and his team for your next party / wedding / gathering!

Sent on 09/29/2018
    Clambakes Of Connecticut and Catering 8
    Clambakes Of Connecticut and Catering 9
    Clambakes Of Connecticut and Catering 10

Dan · Married on 09/14/2018

A wonderful experience from the first phone call to the end of our event. Ron and his team were responsive, supportive, flexible and A+ all the way. Our guests were raving.

Sent on 09/26/2018

Sarah · Married on 09/19/2015

I'm trying to give them 5 stars but it won't let me for some strange reason! We were SO impressed by COCT!! I can't tell you how many guest described it as the best wedding food ever!! So many brides and grooms say they didn't eat at their wedding but WE ATE!! And enjoyed leftovers for a few days after! COCT is well worth investing in for your big day!

Sent on 11/12/2015

Mary Jane · Married on 08/19/2012

Clambakes of CT did a great job with our Anniversary Luau Pig Roast. They even graciously accommodated a last minute date change due to heavy rains. The new date was sunny yet brutally hot, but the guys maintained their professional. Both the service and the food were great. The pig, which everyone couldn’t wait for, was delicious and succulent. Thank you for your part in making our Anniversary memorable and special.

Sent on 08/08/2018
    Clambakes Of Connecticut and Catering 11
    Clambakes Of Connecticut and Catering 12
    Clambakes Of Connecticut and Catering 13
    Clambakes Of Connecticut and Catering 14
  • User4208757 · 2+ years ago

3.0

First time I have used Clambakes of Ct. I researched a lot of caterers for our wedding and overall I was very pleased. They are expensive (we got the deluxe package) but the quality was outstanding -- well worth the price. Pros: excellent menu, fantastic food (highlights were shrimp kabobs, clams and beef kabobs), plenty of main course food including lobster and steak, good presentation, professional, on time, ability to customize the menu (add/subtract from package). Cons (not as important as the pros): ran out of lobster bibs, lobster crackers broke, a bit short on quantity of appetizers (ran out of clams and beef kabobs), did not leave enough dessert plates or any forks (requested dessert plates ahead of time but were short), packed up earlier than expected.

Sent on 06/28/2014

Jennifer · Married on 08/31/2013

3.5
      3.5

It was difficult getting a tasting--the only way you can do it is if you go to another event. But if you're willing to trust their quality, you won't be disappointed. We did not have a tasting for the lobster/clambake we had for our wedding and everything was delicious. Staff was very friendly and professional.

Sent on 10/11/2013