CK Events Reviews

CK Events 1
  • Chase

Chase Haywood · Married on 09/08/2018

Friendly and Professional

CK Events was wonderful to work with. Our main coordinator was Valerie and she’s an absolute angel. Valerie was warm and welcoming, and really took the time to understand our vision. Her positive attitude helped diffuse many of the wedding stresses.

CK Events gave us access to a fun planning website called Aisle Planner which was a total game changer for us. My wife and I used many of the website features to manage our big day. The guest list functions were the most helpful and we used them to successfully track RSVPs, wedding gifts, thank notes, and addresses. It even had a handy click-and-drag table chart feature that made shuffling aunts and uncles a breeze.

On the day of our wedding, Valerie and Kayla were both on site and were integral to the success of the evening. They were wedding pros and did all the little things to make the day go smoothly.

Valerie and the CK team strike the perfect balance between friendly and professional. My wife and I will be suggesting them to all of our friends and family.

Sent on 10/24/2018

Kimberly Lockwood · Married on 09/02/2018

Excellent experience

We had an excellent experience working with CK Events! We did quite a bit of shopping around to find the right month-of coordinator for our wedding and CK's month-of package was the best value out there, hands-down. Not only did they include significantly more time on-site and 2 staff members on the day of the wedding, but Valerie truly went over and above in every aspect of our wedding.

Beforehand, she provided recommendations and insight when we hit stumbling blocks and was great about communicating with our vendors during the month of the wedding. We also had a lot of "friendors" contributing to our wedding - something that a lot of coordinators consider to be a hassle - but Valerie was just as accommodating and professional with our friends as she was with our professional vendors.

On the day of the wedding, she and her assistant made our venue look absolutely stunning. We provided her with the materials and (sometimes vague) ideas of what we wanted, but she put a level of finesse on everything that we could never have reached ourselves. Everything ran so smoothly on the wedding day - any time something didn't go exactly planned, Valerie was on top of it before we even noticed.

On a personal note, Valerie is incredibly kind and patient. I still have guests and family members telling me how wonderful she was on our wedding day, including little things she did throughout the night. For example, my friend's button popped off his suit and she sewed it back on. She also waited with my husband's parents at the venue after the wedding for 45 minutes when their transportation was delayed, even offering to give them a ride home herself!

Hiring a month-of coordinator was one of the best choices we made for our wedding and CK/Valerie was wonderful to work with - I wish we had done it earlier in the process!

Sent on 11/17/2018

Lia · Married on 08/18/2018

CK Events was fantastic to work with. They helped me plan and execute the most incredible day! We used their "day of coordination" service that included help with vendors during the last month leading up to our wedding. Having them coordinate with vendors as the day got closer and closer helped me stay sane! Having Chelsea and her team managing everything on the big day allowed everything to flow seamlessly without me (or my husband, or any of our family and friends) worry about anything. We were all able to relax and actually enjoy the day. Definitely some of the best money we spent on the wedding! I cannot imagine trying to execute a wedding without the professional help of CK Events. They are always easy to reach, respond quickly, on time, and extremely professional. We HIGHLY recommend!!!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Sabrina · Married on 08/11/2018

I don't even know where to begin with CK Events! We have told everyone we know that the BEST DECISION we made for our wedding was hiring Kayla and Chelsea to be our month-of-coordinators.

From the get-go, they were so incredibly thorough, insightful, communicative, and came to every meeting so prepared with questions and ideas I never would have thought of. I must have sent them a million emails the month leading up to our wedding, and each one was responded to (quickly!) with clear care, thoughtfulness, and expertise.

I know Kayla and Chelsea have many clients (especially during Portland's busy summer wedding season), but because of the attention and thoughtfulness we received throughout everything, I felt like we were their only (and most important!) client. Absolutely un-paralleled service.

The day of our wedding was a blissful, stress-free, and perfectly orchestrated event, 99% because of Kayla and Chelsea. They made sure both venues looked gorgeous, all vendors were on time, and everything ran smoothly. I seriously cannot recommend this team more, my only regret is not hiring them sooner to plan the entire thing. If you're on the fence about hiring CK events, just do it. They are incredible and worth every singly penny and more. WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

Sent on 09/29/2018

David · Married on 08/10/2018

Kayla and Chelsea and their services can be summed up with one simple word: amazing. They have a talent that is unrivaled. Their attention to detail, positive attitude, flexibility and understanding of our needs was unmatched. Both were on hand to make our day run smoothly without any issues. Communication and attention to detail leading up to the event was on-point and clear. Coordination of our vendors, organizing from beginning to end was seamless. My partner and I, friends and family had a perfect experience. We were able to focus our energy on remembering and enjoying our day while enjoying family and friends. We could not have done it without them. I highly recommend CK Events for your event needs. A huge thank you for making our day so special.

Sent on 08/16/2018
    CK Events 2

Kristi · Married on 08/04/2018

CK Events was absolutely amazing to work with!!! We simply could not have planned our wedding without them – and it turned out better than we ever dreamed. Throughout the planning process, they were organized, responsive and kept things on track (and on budget). Logistics of a destination wedding can be complex – Chelsea and Kayla made the entire process seamless. Not only did they keep it as stress-free as possible, they made it a fun process that brought us closer together. Thank you, Chelsea and Kayla, for making our wedding such an special experience!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Katherine · Married on 04/21/2018

We worked with Chelsea to plan our April 2018 wedding at Castaway and could not have been happier with our decision. She is a consummate professional in addition to being upbeat and fun to be around.

We chose the month-of package and her help allowed us to enjoy the weeks before the wedding relatively stress-free and not worry about any details day-of. Chelsea was an invaluable resource as we worked through last-minute planning details and we cannot imagine our wedding without her help. She coordinated all the separate parties, kept our friends and family on track, and managed all the other behind-the-scenes work so we didn't have to.

We recommend hiring CK events without hesitation!

Sent on 05/13/2018

Holly · Married on 09/16/2017

Chelsea & Kayla of CK Events are amazing! They were such a key part in making our day go so smoothly. I worked primarily with Kayla, however both were there the day of for support. Kayla was so on top of it from start to finish and would reply to my emails & questions almost as quickly as I would send them! Kayla really covered everything and I was so impressed how everything went. I was even more impressed that all of our decor made it back home in perfect condition, packed up nicely by both gals! I can't say enough great things about these girls, and would highly recommend them! Thanks for everything, Chelsea & Kayla!! <3

Sent on 10/26/2017

Emma · Married on 09/09/2017

Chelsea was amazing! Later than anticipated in our wedding planning process, our original day of coordinator backed out, and we were so lucky to find Chelsea from CK Events. From our first planning meeting, she was very down to earth, made sure that we had thought through every last detail, and gave us great advice as we approached our wedding. As we got close to our day she was extremely prompt in answering all of our questions and getting in touch with the other vendors. The access to the online organizer, Aisle Planner, especially the checklist it provided, was helpful in making sure all of the moving parts of the wedding were completed in a timely manner.

The day of the wedding was comfortable and relaxed for us as Chelsea got all of the small and large details done and allowed us to focus on our marriage and guests. We received multiple compliments from our family and friends with how impressed they were with the professionalism of Chelsea and her assistant and their ability to calmly keep the day flowing. Since we had planned so much by ourselves prior to our wedding, we weren't sure if we really needed a day of coordinator, but looking back it was one of the best decisions that we made during our wedding planning process. I will definitely recommend CK Events to all of our friends in the Portland area. Thank you again!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Ally · Married on 08/26/2017

Chelsea coordinated our day-of needs through CK's Final Prep package. She and team were incredibly helpful in the month leading up to the wedding and certainly on the day-of, attending our final walk-throughs, liaising with vendors (so we didn't have to worry about getting everyone on the same page), and ensuring a smooth day by queuing the DJ, catering services, and photographer when they were needed. My favorite memory of having Chelsea with us, and one that speaks to how these gals are just pros, is how she--with no direction from me, because I forgot--ensured that all of the special family members in attendance got their bouts and corsages on just in time for the ceremony. In the flurry of the day, I completely forgot to communicate who/when should get these pieces, but Chelsea used her spot-on instincts to make sure that my and my husband's family members felt special. It's a small detail, but one that made a big difference! We are so grateful and would recommend Chelsea and the entire CK team (Valerie made out reception look beautiful) to anyone looking for a wedding coordinator.

Sent on 10/18/2017

Nicole · Married on 03/25/2017

We hired to CK Wedding & Event Design to do our day of wedding coordination and they did a fantastic job! They were very professional and made sure every detail was taken care. We had multiple vendors comment on how organized and how easy they were to work with. Everything came together perfectly on the big day, and it was so nice having them there to run the show. Being an out of state bride, it was especially worth it to hire such great coordinators because we could relax and enjoy the day with our family and friends without having to worry about anything else. Our wedding turned out exactly how we were hoping it would, and we had an amazing day thanks to them!

Sent on 04/26/2017

Chris · Married on 10/16/2016

With a (very!) short two-month engagement, we knew we would need professionals to help us execute our vision. When we brought the concept of our wedding and reception to CK Wedding & Event Design, it was clear that we were in capable hands.
    With a passion for everything wedding, Chelsea and Kayla demonstrated enthusiasm, responsiveness, creative spirit, and a can-do attitude every step along the way.
    Being well organized ourselves, we so appreciated the detailed timeline that Chelsea created and all the behind the scenes coordination with the caterers, florists, venue, etc. All along the way, Chelsea and Kayla made suggestions and recommendations that were consistent with the vision we held for our special day, attending to the very smallest details, while making us feel that our wedding was the most important.
    On the day of our wedding, Chelsea and Kayla organized the caterers, florist, cellist, and our wedding officiant to make sure everyone was on schedule; helped direct family members with grace; and brought a sense of calm to the bride and groom.
    We highly recommend CK Wedding & Event Design. Working with Chelsea and Kayla was simply a delight!

Sent on 01/02/2017

Jamie · Married on 09/10/2016

My husband and I hired CK for their "Final Prep" package. Chelsea was our main point of contact and she was top-notch! Not only did she provide us with helpful vendor recommendations and ideas several months before our wedding, but once we reached the final month leading up to our wedding she displayed impeccable organization and made sure every last detail was in place--even reminding us of things we hadn't thought to address. We were planning our wedding from across the country, and Chelsea always made herself available by email and phone as necessary. I really appreciated how Chelsea seamlessly took over vendor contacts and coordination and set out a timeline to make the final month of planning much easier for us. Both Chelsea and Kayla were present on our wedding day to handle coordination. Our ceremony and reception were held in different places so we had a bus to transport guests between the two locations and their hotel, and we especially appreciated that Chelsea and Kayla made sure the transportation went smoothly. Not only that, but throughout the entire day (and planning process) Chelsea and Kayla were attentive, organized, such a pleasure to work with, and kept everything moving seamlessly. I give CK my highest recommendation!

Sent on 12/22/2016
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 07/02/2016

I normally consider myself to be a VERY organized person, and planning for my wedding was no exception. And yet, I would not have survived my wedding day without the support and coordination from Chelsea and Kayla. They totally went above and beyond to make sure that everything was perfect! I would not hesitate from hiring them again, and would HIGHLY recommend their services to anyone looking for professional, creative, and thorough wedding or event planning!

Sent on 07/22/2016

Angela · Married on 04/24/2016

My (new) husband and I were thrilled when Kayla and Chelsea said they would come from Portland to Seattle to be a part of our special day. We knew we were in good hands but it wasn't until the day of that really proved true. They kept us updated, handled our crazy families, made sure everyone was where they needed to be, and overall did an amazing job with the set up of the wedding decor/design. They truly care about their clients and we would recommend them to anyone looking for coordination or design service. Most of all, they made sure I was relaxed and enjoying the wedding to the fullest which is so important!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Diana · Married on 10/19/2015

We contacted Chelsea and Kayla during the last month of planning for help coordinating the day of and it was the best decision we made during the whole process. We wanted a very simple wedding that turned out to have a lot more details than we expected. They took care of all the details and executed our vision splendidly. They went above and beyond our expectations and anticipated even details we had not considered. We had two vendors cancel and they were quick to provide solutions and recommend reliable substitutes. Even two days before the wedding when my makeup person cancelled, they were quick to suggest other options and coordinated the replacement. From the first moment we contacted them, they were professional and quick to respond. They provided outstanding service during the planning and the took the stress away the day of the wedding. We were able to enjoy the day since everything ran smoothly thanks to their efforts. Chelsea and Kayla are professional, competent and delightful. It was a pleasure working with them and I would highly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding.

Sent on 11/03/2015

We worked with Chelsea to plan our wedding and she was wonderful - held our hand through making decisions we had no idea about, made great suggestions but also really listened to what we wanted and made it happen. She was easy to work with and always professional. Most importantly - day of the wedding, everything went flawlessly and we were all able to just relax and enjoy the day.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Lisa · Married on 09/19/2015

There are not words enough to express how great CK Wedding Event Design was to work with! My husband and I primarily worked with Kayla, who was perfect. She was professional, accountable, insightful, and continuously went above and beyond. Our wedding day was PERFECT, and so was the process leading up.

I am a professional myself, and hold others to very high standards. I can honestly say that if you are in the market for a wedding planner, look no further... Kayla and Chelsea are amazing and I would recommend them to anyone who will listen!!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Sophia · Married on 08/22/2015

We cannot thank Chelsea enough for how much she and her assistants helped us out the month of and the day of our wedding. My only regret is not booking them for the entire wedding planning process - I'm sure my entire year would have been almost stress free! Chelsea took care of all the small and big details during the month of the wedding - from creating a timeline to contacting vendors, answering decor questions, and everything else in between.

The day of the wedding we were running a little bit late after the ceremony taking pictures, but Chelsea made sure the rest of the day ran smoothly. Any hiccups that may have happened, I have no idea about because Chelsea probably took care of them. She also took care of having the DJ stay another hour, since the party was still going!

We didn't have to worry about a thing that day because Chelsea and her assistants took care of everything. We are so so so glad we booked them - thank you again!!!!!

Sent on 09/02/2015

Susan · Married on 08/22/2015

My daughter and I met with several wedding planners a year before the wedding and chose to work with CK Wedding and Event Design. Chelsea and Kayla seemed the perfect fit for our specific needs and helped with ideas. Leaving all the worry for last minute details in their care was worth every penny. Chelsea met with us at the wedding venue several times to go over details of our vision of how we wanted the room to look, with table setting, chairs, flow of space, etc. She came to the wedding rehearsal to address any concerns. Chelsea and her assistants made everything look effortless. When we arrived at the reception after the wedding ceremony, my heart melted as I knew I could relax and enjoy the evening. The room was gorgeous and looked more beautiful than we had imagined. Chelsea's team also coordinated rounding up different family members for photographs, putting gifts away in a safe place, and making the parents of the bride feel relaxed. When the reception ended I started to help clean up and Chelsea told me to go home and not worry about anything! I highly recommend this team for your wedding event. They are very professional and the quality of service they provide is excellent.

Sent on 10/14/2015

Dani · Married on 08/01/2015

Working with Chelsea and Kayla was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. They were both a total joy to work with and really helped alleviate our stress in the months leading up the big day. They quickly understood our vision, made great vendor recommendations, and kept everything extremely organized. And the day of, we were completely free to enjoy the day while they took care of everything.

Sent on 08/30/2015

natalie · Married on 05/24/2015

When I first got engaged I was living in Chicago and attempting to plan a wedding in Oregon, but after about a month of non-stop googling Oregon vendors and leaving several dozen voicemails, I decided to throw in the towel and start looking into local wedding planners. We hired CK Wedding & Event Design in June of 2014 and had our wedding at the end of May 2015, so it's definitely safe to say that Chelsea and Kayla were a part of the planning process from beginning to end.
    From the moment we hired them, they took total control by recommending vendors, reaching out to the ones we were interested in, collecting quotes, etc. The entire process was super organized with monthly Skype calls to go over upcoming deadlines followed by email summaries of what discussed earlier that day. I've known many previous brides to be super overwhelmed with last-minute tasks the week leading up to their wedding, but I can honestly say I barley experienced any of this because everything was pretty much already taken care of. Out actual wedding day seriously could not have gone more perfect. The venue decor looked even better that I could have imagined, all of the vendors were amazing, and the entire process ran so smooth. If there were any bumps in the road, Chelsea and Kayla just took care of them themselves and did not make me aware of them allowing me to relax and enjoy the night!
    I know this is a super lengthy review, but it is hard for me to summarize all of the reasons why other brides should use their service. Chelsea and Kayla are amazing people to work with and just great company to be around-and trust me, it's definitely important to feel like you click with your planners! So with that being said, I would without a doubt highly recommend this company to any bride looking for reliable, affordable, awesome wedding planners!

Sent on 06/15/2015

I had a wonderful experience with the lovely ladies at CK! I work in private dining and special events and I thought I could plan and organize my own wedding. Then about 2 months prior, I started to realize that I was the bride! I didn't deserve the stress and risk my sanity and there was absolutely no way that I could have done it without their day of wedding coordinating services! If you think you are having a small wedding you still need someone to be there and "direct" also be that point of contact for all the little things you do not want to be bothered with on your big day! They were affordable, easy to work with, natural born wedding coordinators! I think looking back on my entire budget, this was the best money spent.

Sent on 04/03/2015

Annie · Married on 09/27/2014

We are so glad to have met Chelsea and Kayla! We decided last minute to get a wedding coordinator for our wedding. We knew as soon as we met them that they were going to make sure our special day went off without a hitch (no pun intended)! They were amazing! Helping us even with center pieces on the day of! With the help of Chelsea and Kayla we were able to sit back relax and enjoy the day, or as much as you can when your the center of EVERYONES attention! Thank you, Chelsea and Kayla you both made our day so much more special. We could have not asked for anything more.

Sent on 11/05/2014

Suzanne · Married on 06/14/2014

These girls really are the best! They were available to attend appointments with the DJ, helped facilitate everyone's arrival the day of the wedding, and executed the ceremony and reception without any problems! My husband and I were so impressed with CK Events and plan to recommend them to anyone else planning a wedding! Thank you Chelsea and Kayla!!

Sent on 06/23/2014