City Park Pavilion Reviews

City Park Pavilion View more information

4.1

Abbigail Married on 01/24/2018
    Beautiful venue with an amazing price. Great city view and lake! Would highly recommend
    Callin Married on 06/06/2011
    City Park Bandshell and Pavilion were a great place to have our wedding. The Bandshell was a lovely outdoor setting for the ceremony plus we had cake and dancing out there. It was nice to be outside and on the lake. The Pavilion provided an easy place to have dinner. We were out of the sun but still enjoying the open air. The Pavilion also privides a bridal suite, a staging kitchen and bathrooms which we were happy to use. Prices were good though we did have to rent tables and chairs. (The Pavilion has the best prices on tables and chairs for indoor use.) Everything was lovely and nice and Jim (the event manager for the pavilion) was wonderful to work with.
    Stephanie Married on 06/26/2015
    I haven't had my wedding yet but working with the Parks Department in Denver has really been easy. I'm so excited to have my wedding at the Pavilion.
    Laura Married on 07/23/2016
    Amazing venue for an incredible price ($600 for 9 hours). The parks service is amazingly friendly and professional. Only hard part is that you can't set up early, have to be out by 11 pm, and abide by their rules - but we knew this ahead of time and chose to make this decision. Although they do allow you to bring in whatever catering company/bartender you like, which is a plus. We're very happy with it - it's a gorgeous place, holds up to 350, and is very cheap!
  • F
    Melissa Married on 07/16/2010
    City Park Pavilion and Sopris Gardenswas the PERFECT spot for our wedding and reception. It was extremely low cost ($400 damage deposit and $660 rental fee + $200 for the wedding site) and absolutely beautiful. To get a Saturday date, you have to wait in line on the first date in November with all the other organizations/couples/non-profits who are hoping to get a Saturday date as well. However, if you are looking for a Friday or Sunday wedding - you are in luck. Because it's the city, they aren't flexible AT ALL with times and you have to end your wedding earlier than most (10pm stop time with 11pm out time for vendors). However, Jim Johnson is professional and extremely responsive (he met with us twice leading up to the event and emailed back right away). We highly recommend checking this site out for your wedding.
  • User2451242 2+ years ago
    The only downside was that the gardens where the cremony was going to be got torn up the day before our wedding. However, despite that, its a beautiful location, great value, and everyone loved it!
    Stephanie Married on 06/13/2015
    Working with City of Denver-Parks and Rec was very easy. We did have to camp out downtown in the November cold in order to get a Saturday in June. We had a great time while camping out. The cost was $600 for Venue rental which is unheard of. The Pavilion is beautiful. While doing pre-day walk through I was assured the bathroom would have curtains and the staff person (Lisa Vigil) would be present the whole time in case we needed anything. I had a decorating crew arrive before us to decorate. They do not allow you to go early and decorate. You are allowed 9hours max and that includes your set up and break down time. I asked if I can drop off the cupcakes in the morning, they said it is against policy even though no one else would be there that day. When our cake cutting time arrived, I had to search for the staff person to turn on the lights. At this time I was informed it was not Lisa Vigil (who I had done all previous work with) it was someone else. After 15 minutes of searching and calling this other person she finally came and turned on the lights (which should had been on). I finally went to use the restroom and realized my guests had been using a bathroom with no curtains for privacy. They had assured me the curtains would be hung the day of the event. Clean up time was a disaster, she was not available to direct any of our efforts. When we decided everything was clean, she made a huge fuss about icing on a wall in the kitchen. Threatening to call park ranger. At this point we searched for the icing and seriously couldn't find anything. She was rude and of no help whatsoever. I complained the next day to Elizabeth Supple, who is the woman in charge and she did refund me $150 which was very nice. She went the extra mile to make things right. Beware when scheduling this venue. It is beautiful and very affordable, but you get what you pay for. Be clear and stern when working with these workers.
  • F
    Fredlyn Married on 10/12/2017
    I had my wedding in October. Before the wedding the lady in charge (Elizabeth) was very responsive to e-mails and questions regarding rules and regulations. During the tour I was advised that the hall would be clean for my wedding. Set up started late on my wedding day because the hall was as dirty as It was during the tour and that was weeks before my wedding.

We couldn't set up overnight because the pavilion couldn't do that. So coming in to a dirty hall unexpectedly was very rude and inconsiderate of the administrators.

Also the lady they sent for questions and other things during the wedding was very rude. She didn't speak to anyone and was in a room that made it impossible to find her to ask questions.

After all the annoyance, I emailed Elizabeth to report a complain for the poor customer service and asked her to do something about it but she did not reply to my email, even until now.

This hall is beautiful but if you're a minority, the administrators might not respect you. I surely wasn't respected.

I'll never recommend this venue to any minority.