Easton's Beach Reviews

96 | Newport, RI

96 Reviews for Easton's Beach

Thomas · Married on 10/17/2015

Beautiful location. In mid-October, there were hardly any other people on the beach.

Peggy and Erik responded to all of our emails very quickly, and the on-site employees were all great!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Jennifer · Married on 09/19/2015

This was such a beautiful place to get married. It was a perfect "beach wedding" without needing to actually step on the beach. I fell in love with this venue when we attended a wedding here for another couple. We have some amazing pictures with the beach in the background and on the carousel as well.

Sent on 10/03/2015

Mary A. · event on: 11/09/2013

Our event was a craft fair. The room is lovely, both vendors and visitors were very pleased with it. Assistance from the staff at the Rotunda was excellent. I put " Corporate Event" as event type because I could not proceed without filling in that blank. There should be a choice marked "Other"

Bethany · Married on 09/22/2013

We had a great time and John and Beth were very helpful. There were a few problems. There is only one sink and its very small and when u have to have your dishes catered and need to rinse them off there is only that tiny sink which made it very hard for the servers. Also we had to bring our own extension cords for the bathroom downstairs and the bathroom was not sectioned off to just the bride like we were told it would be. We had outsiders coming in and out of the upstairs venue to use the elevator and Save the bay kept coming in and out and walking through the bathroom and literally in between the bride and the hairdresser and make up person. Made it tough and uncomfortable when i was half naked changing and preparing. Those are the only things that need addressing for future events.

• Kayla

Kayla · Married on 05/25/2012

We absolutely LOVED having our ceremony and reception at Easton's Beach! We received so many compliments on the location and were very happy with it. The staff was very friendly, informative, and knowledgeable. The rotunda was clean, everything we needed was provided, and it looked beautiful. Newport is typically an expensive area, but Easton's Beach was a great value and a lucky find. We would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 06/01/2012

The Rotunda is a 12-sided round ballroom that sits right ON Easton's Beach (First Beach) in Newport, RI, and it's owned by the City of Newport so that's who you book through. It's a beautiful room, in a great location, with stunning views. We knew the minute we walked into the room that we had to have our wedding there. And it was perfect - an amazing place to get married.

The management was friendly and easy to work with during the booking process. We found their rates a little expensive for a standard Saturday night wedding, but we got a manageable price because we wanted a Sunday, daytime wedding. Also if you book off-season they discount even more.

One huge plus to this venue (for us) is that you can choose your own caterer, and we definitely wanted that flexibility.

The room is HUGE but not frilly. Just naturally gorgeous, with 15 foot windows on all 12 sides, each one with a water view. Even on a cloudy day (like we had) you get amazing light.

You can have your ceremony right onsite if you want, either inside the room or on the beach. The rental fee includes tables & chairs (for up to 200 people I believe) and they will run the adjoining carousel and offer rides for 1 hour! We didn’t meet the event manager until the day of the wedding, but she seemed very nice and took care of us really well that day.

The facility manager, John, is the one who first showed us the place before we booked it - and he is just wonderful. A very down to earth guy, nice as can be, goes way out of his way to help with anything. We already loved the venue, but meeting with him sealed the deal for us. He won us over that first day, and he was exactly the same way during our event.

They were all great to work with and our day went off without a hitch! It's a great place to have a wedding, I highly recommend it!

Sent on 11/09/2010

Caroline · Married on 05/23/2015

3.5

This was an absolutely beautiful site for our wedding! You can't ask for better "decoration" than the beach and ocean, with the Mansions in the background. We weren't too picky with our other vendors, and as long as you stay on the Rotunda's approved list, you should have no problems. I dealt mostly with Peggy for preparation, and she was always friendly, professional, and quick to respond. Beth was in charge on my actual wedding day, and she was also extremely friendly and professional, helping behind the scenes to make everything run as smoothly as possible. Thank you to both of you for helping make my wedding day so wonderful!

Sent on 05/29/2015

Christen · Married on 08/02/2013

This was the easiest part of my wedding. Your quick responses and easy personality made everything so simple!

Sue · Married on 09/22/2016

3.5

This venue is so perfect for a wedding reception or any event. It has it all location, views, simplicity, beauty, and a great staff to work with,

Sent on 12/12/2016
  • Briana

Briana · Married on 07/09/2016

Easton’s Beach Ballroom Rotunda was the first venue we visited when deciding where to have our reception. We were immediately impressed by the space and location. The room is large and can be set up in a way that offers a large dance floor. The deck outside is perfect for cocktail hour and has a carousel that can be used for pictures and cocktail hour fun. After checking other water/beach venues, we decided that no other location offered what Easton’s did. There were no hidden fees or provisions within our contract that surprised us. This venue came exactly as advertised and the staff we worked with leading up to our wedding day was phenomenal. The staff is very in touch with the venue and what works best within it.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Michael · Married on 08/08/2014

3.0

Erik and his team are top notch!! He was SOOO very responsive and accommodating to everything we sent his way leading up to the big day. For the price paid, I challenge anyone to get a better spot in Newport. Right on the beach, beautiful deck and primetime location for a wonderful Newport wedding.

The day of, they were more than open to allowing us to come in super early to customize one thing in the room. Erik is truly a pleasure to work with and it shows in how much his staff respects him.

The only thing I didn't give a 5 was the service of the coordinator at the wedding itself...Peggy I believe is her name. She is not the friendliest of people and a few people in the bridal party commented to us how rude she was at times. I am sure it can be as stressful a time for her as it can be for the wedding party but one would hope she'd be friendlier and more courteous to make the day that more enjoyable.

But that doesn't stop me from giving this place 5 stars. A place we'd recommend time and time again and I personally and very grateful for how passionate Erik is about his job as it truly shows!

Sent on 08/27/2014
  • User2129480 · event on: 09/01/2013

Only con: the woman who acted as venue coordinator the night of our wedding was very rude. Thankfully our catering manager and staff were able to outshine her negativity and provide us with the dream day we imagined!

• User3697936 · event on: 05/18/2013

Eric was a pleasure to work with. He was very knowledgeable and helpful throughout the event planning process.

Sent on 11/24/2013

Ames · event on: 10/11/2017

Peggy and her team at Easton's Beach were wonderful and easy to work with. Her recommended lunch caterer also worked out very well for us. Our members loved the venue and the carousal. The price for renting the ballroom was extremely reasonable. We will definitely keep the Rotunda Ballroom in mind for future events.

Sent on 11/07/2017

4.2
      2.5

Make sure the onsite coordinators the day of your event, clearly know what you're looking for. Having a list could be helpful for the actual day of your event.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Easton's Beach's reply:

Greetings! Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property.

We’re sorry to hear that your recent experience with us did not meet your expectations. Your input, and the feedback from all of our clients is vitally important to us and we always want client expectations to be met upon arrival.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly at ereis@cityofnewport.com if you have additional information to share.

Lindsay · Married on 09/25/2010

4.2
      3.0

John and Erik at the Rotunda were wonderful. Easy to correspond with and very professional. Would love to have been able to pay for an extra hour to have a 6 hour reception but city regulations would not allow it. Wouldn't have changed a thing otherwise.

Sent on 02/14/2011

Jordan C. · Married on 06/01/2019

beautiful location

the rotunda ballroom at eastons beach is absolutely beautiful for a wedding! the ballroom is very big, and the white chairs make for the perfect look. Peggy was an excellent coordinator, and she let me meet with her SEVERAL times before the wedding so I could get an idea of the place, and also she let my parents come too a few days before the wedding. The only mishap was that she couldnt come to my wedding, and i found that out two days before....so i didnt have a venue representative there for my rehersal dinner. Another staff member came the day of the wedding. Other than that, the ballroom staff helped with clean up, and I left a few things there after the wedding, and they held on to it for me until I could make it back to the venue. The beach in the background (and where we took all our pics!) the caracel (open for cocktail hour), and the cocktail hour view on the deck makes for a wonderful ceremony and reception in one location - very convenient! We also got a $1,000 discount on the venue price for being newport residents

Sent on 06/21/2019

Kyle · event on: 08/30/2013

3.0

Working with the staff at Easton's Beach was a pleasure! Erik and the whole team was helpful and allowed us to throw a great event! The view from the room is picture perfect, and so accessible from downtown Newport. We are looking forward to hosting another event.

Sent on 12/04/2013

Amanda · Married on 05/20/2016

3.8
      3.0

We loved having our wedding ceremony and reception at Easton's Beach. The rotunda ballroom is a blank canvas giving us the opportunity to really create our dream wedding space. The round shape made the entire evening feel much more warm and inviting without feeling too crowded. And the price can't be beat!

Sent on 12/12/2016

1.0
      2.0

We really loved the location and the room. It looked beautiful with all of the decorations and good looking guests. The recommended caterer was very professional and the food was great. However, I was very disappointed with the communication leading up to the wedding. Most of my questions were answered within a couple of days, but I found myself having to ask a lot of questions that I couldn't find the information for online or in previous emails (ie: is there a wedding coordinator on the day of the event and is a JOP provided) I feel this information should be made readily available. I didn't even know if there was going to be someone there to assist us on our wedding until a couple of days before which added unnecessary stress. I would have really appreciated if one of the coordinators had contacted ahead of time instead of bombarding us with everything two minutes before I was to walk down the aisle. We had two coordinators there that day, and unfortunately one of them was very unpleasant and rude. I believe her name was Peg, but I could be making that up! She made herself very sparse that night and helped herself to appetizers before my husband and I even had a chance to have any. Who does that? She then told me to wait downstairs for something and then barked at me fifteen minutes later asking me why I was down there. The other woman (she had the longer hair of the two) was very sweet and motherly and I had no issues with her whatsoever. It was only this one woman that myself and husband had an issue with. I am a very easy going person and was not be ANY means any means an uptight person, but she really got to me. We LOVED the groundskeeper and found him incredibly helpful. He was the best person to work with at the venue.

Sent on 12/11/2013

Kathryn · Married on 08/15/2009

2.4
      1.5
      2.0
      3.0

The site was very nice, but I felt for the money we paid that the air conditioning during the event could have been better. It got extremely hot and we had to open the windows, luckily, it was a cool night. In addition, prior to the event, sometimes it would take a few days for the people to get back to me on questions I had. Also, they had said they would clear the beach and keep people from walking across where we had the ceremony and this really did not happen. It made for some funny memories, but I was not impressed overall by the site. All in all, a wonderful day though.

Sent on 09/03/2009

Easton's Beach's reply:

In 2012, we removed the old overhead A/C handling units and installed 2 new units.