City of Fairfax Parks and Recreation Reviews

50 Reviews for City of Fairfax Parks and Recreation

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Darrin · Married on 10/14/2018

Old Town Hall was great

We held our wedding at Old Town Hall in October 2018. We used upstairs for our cocktail hour and ceremony, and we used the downstairs for our luncheon reception. All of our guests raved about what a beautiful venue Old Town Hall is.
    We cannot say enough amazing things about Brianne, Noah, and the entire team at Old Town Hall. They were incredible leading up to the wedding and were very prompt to respond to our calls and emails. Brianne gave us lots of great ideas and guidance to make the rooms work for our vision. The staff was wonderful on the day of our wedding when dealing with one of our vendors who caused a number of issues. We highly recommend Old Town Hall.

Sent on 11/25/2018

Kasey · Married on 02/18/2018

We held our wedding at the Old Town Hall in February 2018 and absolutely loved this venue! We held the ceremony upstairs in the library, cocktail hour and dinner downstairs, then dancing back upstairs. For 120 guests, this was perfect! Having both floors throughout the reception meant guests who didn't want to dance could go downstairs to talk and catch up. Everyone raved about how beautiful the space was! Perfect for a vintage, romantic feel.

Sent on 02/25/2018

Sarah · Married on 08/05/2017

I couldn't have been happier with our wedding at Old Town Hall. We had about 90 guests and held the ceremony upstairs and the reception downstairs. The size was perfect- with 9 tables, there was still plenty of room for dancing, the DJ and the buffet table. Like every other review has already said, the staff are incredible. They are quick to respond, very helpful and kind. We worked with Sarah Khan Event Styling to add string lights and tassels between the columns and it made the space feel bright and festive. This vendor was the first we booked and we couldn't have had a better experience anywhere else.

Sent on 08/15/2017

Rachel · Married on 10/15/2016

My husband and I got married at Historic Blenheim on a perfect Saturday in October. What a beautiful venue in Fairfax with tons of rustic charm and modern amenities! Gorgeous backdrop. I knew I did not want to get married at a typical hotel or country club, and Blenheim was exactly what I envisioned. May be a little more legwork beforehand, but so worth it! We got tons of compliments on the venue. My only complaint is that we did not have more time to enjoy the reception. We had 170 guests - with a tent set up for dinner outside, a bar on the lawn, and dancing and a photo booth indoors. There is also a covered porch which we used for cocktail tables.

Kaveh helped me throughout the whole process. I emailed him so times with questions - he was always kind, super fast with his responses, and ready and willing to help! Also met Brianne the day before my wedding and she is very helpful as well. Highly recommend this venue!!!

Sent on 10/19/2016

Carol · Married on 11/14/2015

We had our daughter's wedding reception at Old Town Hall in Fairfax, VA. The venue was perfect for our party of 100 people. All of the people we worked with from the City of Fairfax were wonderful! A special thanks to Kaveh, Jason, & Matt. We toured the venue twice and they helped us design the set-up to our liking. All of the tables and chairs are provided and we rented the linens from them as well. We used the upstairs library for pictures before the reception. It can also be used for the ceremony if you want to. We scheduled a drop-off the morning of the event to make the set-up easier later in the day.

I highly recommend this venue. It is beautiful inside with hardwood floors and pillars throughout the main floor. The steps and pillars outside in front make for a beautiful picture!

Sent on 11/18/2015

bridgett · Married on 08/15/2015

Brianne and Kaveh have been so helpful and responsive every step of the way. They've offered recommendations and ideas to make our day special and the planning easy!

Sent on 12/05/2014

Diane · Married on 06/20/2015

We used the Sherwood Community Center's Full Performance Space for my daughter's wedding. We had 19 tables with a band, 2 buffet lines, photo booth, and a large dance floor. Everyone loved the space! The staff was easy to work with. I would absolutely use this venue again.

Sent on 06/26/2015

Sarah · Married on 05/16/2015

We absolutely loved having both our ceremony and reception at the Old Town Hall. The staff was helpful and flexible with our setup, ceremony, and reception. The venue is beautiful and offers a cozy and personal space for a wedding. Everyone who attended loved the library where the ceremony took place and the reception space. I would highly recommend this venue for any event, but especially for a smaller wedding.

Sent on 05/19/2015

Jennis · Married on 04/12/2015

We absolutely loved the Old Town Hall. We picked it because of the look of the building and for affordability. It is also one of few venues that allow you to bring in your own caterer which was huge to us because we were on a budget. Brianne and Kaveh from the parks and recs center was always speedy with replying to our emails. They answered all of our questions for us with professionalism and clarity. They even had an employee measure the bookshelves up front because we wanted to put up drapery so the books wouldn't distract from our photos. We used the two pedestal columns that they have onsite (it isn't listed in the brochure so ask for it) free of charge. A huge plus is that they have all the tables and chairs onsite (over 200 chairs) so you can have the ceremony set up upstairs and have enough chairs downstairs for the reception area to be set up. The upstairs is a bit tight so I don't recommend having more than 7 people in your bridal parties. We had 7 on each side excluding ourselves and our officiant. The AC also wasn't working that day but once we got the windows open it was fine! We also had two friends play live music (two guitars) during the ceremony and they had no problem getting set up upstairs. They are extremely flexible with the layout of the downstairs reception area. The floorplans they display on their site are simply suggestions. We had to adjust after realizing we invited too many people! Although the construction wasn't finished when our wedding took place, I'm sure that will be a great addition to any future weddings. We also rented a few tablecloths directly from the Town Hall to cover the round tables we used to hold our beer, cake, and gifts. Notes: no open flames, glitter, sparklers or bubbles. We exited under a tunnel of our guests arms instead. Loved everything about this venue!!

Sent on 05/05/2015
  • Misti

Misti · Married on 03/07/2015

Old Town Hall was the perfect venue and Brianne Baglini and her team were great! Very prompt, professional, flexible and a pleasure to work with. The venue was the perfect setting for an intimate wedding with family and friends. It's traditional design, yet contemporary look (we basically got married in a library!) was the perfect combination! It was a great venue at an affordable price. The day of our wedding a pipe had burst and there was no water...when I arrived, about an hour later than expected, I was informed of the situation at that they were already working on it. Everything was taken care of in plenty of time for the ceremony/when guests arrived and the day went off smoothly.

Sent on 04/23/2015

We rented the Historic Blenheim which was a perfect small location where we had our ceremony and reception. We had overall 65 guests and had an amazing affordable experience. Kaveh did an awesome job of answering all our questions. I was worried about the layout but Kaveh used a program to layout the exact floor plan so I could see the space and workout exactly how I wanted everything. The price was just right. We purchased the setup and breakdown which saved us time for decorating. I recommend this facility and the awesome customer service provided by Kaveh and the lady (I wish I remember her name that helped with the setup and breakdown) she was helpful as well. Thank you!! Our day was more amazing because of your help :)

Sent on 01/16/2015

Kristin · Married on 10/04/2014

The Old Town Hall is beautiful - you don't have to over decorate, because it is already such beautiful venue. We were able to have both our ceremony and reception at the same spot. The staff was incredibly responsive and helpful, and very flexible. We were able to choose our food vendor, and went with a food truck. They had not had a food truck there before, but helped to make it work perfectly. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue.

Sent on 10/11/2014

Ginny · Married on 06/29/2014

I just had my wedding ceremony and reception here on 06/29/2014. The venue is stunning and the price (for the NOVA area) is unbeatable. From the start, the responsiveness of Brianne Baglini was amazing. I received so many compliments from my guests who loved the charm of Old Town Hall and would 100% recommend it to anyone on the search for the perfect wedding venue!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Jaclyn · Married on 05/31/2014

I work mostly with Brianne, who was wonderful in helping us plan our wedding. They were great in responding to questions and processing payments. We used the upstairs for our ceremony and downstairs for the reception. The venue is beautiful! I would recommend this place for a wedding smaller than 100 people.

Sent on 06/14/2014

Meghan · Married on 11/30/2013

Old Town Hall was the absolute perfect fit for our reception. Kaveh and Brianne were so thorough throughout the planning process, and made themselves available for both the initial tour, as well as closer to the date for table placement, etc. They took care of the permitting as it is part of Fairfax County's Parks and Recreation organization, which was a huge help. Not only was the space quaint and wonderfully decorated for the holidays (outside), it was large enough to accommodate the guests, and the cocktail hour upstairs was a nice addition. I would definitely recommend this space for any wedding reception, as it is warm and inviting, and a great setting for pictures as well.

Sent on 01/06/2014

M · Married on 10/19/2013

This is a beautiful venue for a wedding of 120 people or less.

There are very few rules - you can self cater, and you can serve wine and beer without a license. Brianne is most helpful in all areas.

Sent on 10/21/2013
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 07/13/2013

Great value, great service and so cute!!!
    I loved having both my ceremony and reception on the same site. I'd recommend it anyone!

Sent on 06/05/2014
  • Parastu

Parastu · Married on 06/28/2013

Growing up in fairfax city, I always loved seeing the brides and grooms coming outside of this venue for pictures. I am glad to have had my own wedding here! It is very easy to book, as well as, beautiful, and very charming! If you want to it to be even more affordable than it already is, then book on a Friday night!

Sent on 07/09/2013

Melissa · Married on 06/22/2013

I worked with Brianne at the Fairfax City Parks office and she was absolutely WONDERFUL!!! I can not say enough good things about working with her and it took so much stress off me knowing that she had everything handled. She helped to coordinate drop off times, arranging the tables, dj, photobooth, etc multiple times up to the wedding, and just giving ideas on what to do and where to do things as I didn't know. One of the best things about this location is that you can bring any vendor you want and do not have to go off a list that the location has for you. This allows you to make your wedding your own which my husband and I really wanted. They are also an amazing value compared to other locations in the area. This place does book up fast so be sure to get it as soon as you know you want the Old Town Hall.

Sent on 07/09/2013

Ryan · Married on 06/01/2013

Old Town Hall was a fantastic place for our wedding. Brianne Baglini was absolutely wonderful to work with. She was responsive via phone or email, answered any and all questions, worked with us well when our guest count ended up higher than anticipated, etc. The venue is beautiful and the perfect size for 75-150 people. We couldn't have asked for an easier venue to work with!

Sent on 06/18/2013

Catherine · Married on 04/13/2013

Old Town Hall was a great wedding reception venue! They were extremely flexible. We ended up bringing in chivari chairs, decorative balloons, plants for a garden themed wedding and our own alcohol and they allowed us to drop off a lot of this stuff on the Friday before the wedding and pick it up the Monday after. We had cocktails upstairs and a plated dinner and dancing downstairs. Then we turned the upstairs around to have an after dinner ice cream sundae bar. It was great to have two separate areas for our guests to mingle. The venue is a bit small and quaint. We had 106 people, which was about at capacity. Brianne and everyone else that works with Fairfax Parks at Old Town Hall were amazing. We had several walkthroughs with and without vendors and asked lots of questions that were answered very quickly. They were great to work with.

Sent on 05/13/2013
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/06/2012

Old Town Hall was the perfect venue for our wedding reception. We only utilized the downstairs, but it worked perfectly for our ninety guests, including a buffet on the large cabinet table and room for a dance floor. Brianne and Kaveh were very responsive and helpful in fitting all of our needs into the space. I would definitely recommend to any other brides looking for a historic venue to host family and friends on their special day!

Sent on 10/30/2012

Rachael · Married on 12/30/2011

I had my wedding reception at Old Town Hall on a Friday afternoon in late December. The venue was absolutely perfect for our needs. We had 70-75 guests and enough room to have a buffet, 8 10-seated round tables, a cake table, bar, guest signing table, gift table, DJ, and dance floor. Brianne was excellent to work with, immediately responsive and very flexible. She even let me set up the centerpieces the day before the wedding. We had simple centerpieces--live wreathes with lit candles--for our simple winter wedding, and they went perfectly with Old Town Hall's simple winter decor (such as green garlands on the windows). We received tons of compliments from our guests. I rented the tables and tablecloths through Old Town Hall--their rates are good and they set up everything before the caterer arrives. I would highly recommend Old Town Hall, especially for a rustic, vintage, or simply elegant winter wedding.

Sent on 01/16/2012
  • Margaret

Margaret · Married on 09/10/2011

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Old Town Hall.
    The ceremony was upstairs and reception on the main level. Everything went off with a hitch! I worked with Brianne who was very organized and professional. We recently relocated to NC and did most of the planning through emails and phone calls. She was very responsive and helped us decide on a great floor plan.
    The hall looked beautiful and everything was in it's place. For the cost and preparation, this venue is definitely a good value!

Sent on 09/27/2011

Tara · Married on 08/27/2011

Old Town Hall was the perfect venue for our reception. We were looking for a unique place that would compliment our vintage theme and would allow for some flexibility when it came to our vendors. The hall itself is a little tight (we had 120 guests) if you want a dance floor. We originally thought we would have to take down two tables, but it worked out that if we pushed them a little out of the way there would be space. We worked with Brianne and she was wonderful. She answered all our questions promptly and allowed us to change a few last minute details.

Sent on 08/30/2011