City Club Raleigh Reviews

52 | Raleigh, NC

52 Reviews for City Club Raleigh

52 City Club Raleigh Reviews

Lauren · Married on 01/20/2018

What a night to remember! Not only is the City Club an absolutely gorgeous venue, but it has the best view of Raleigh from the 28th floor where our wedding ceremony and reception was held. We chose the city club because it was the only venue we found that really was the "total package." The food choices they offer are incredible, the staff was so responsive and friendly (thank you Terri and Tyshia!) and it was a completely indoors, yet surrounded with huge windows and open, which is great if you want to avoid the whole weather factor on your wedding day but still want a stunning view. Planning a wedding can be stressful, but whoever your event coordinator is will be so helpful when it comes to remembering little details you may forget about and will do a fantastic job of keeping everything organized. Thank you, City Club Raleigh! We are so thankful we found your venue!

Pam · Married on 12/30/2017

Tyshia was wonderful to work with over the course of our wedding planning. The venue was amazing at night and with the Christmas decorations - more beautiful than we could have ever imagined. The food was very good and the staff extremely accommodating before the wedding as we altered our choices and then extremely hospitable the evening of the reception. It is a wonderful venue for a wedding reception. It was a magical night.

City Club Raleigh 1
    City Club Raleigh 2
    City Club Raleigh 3
    City Club Raleigh 4

Christine · Married on 01/21/2017

This is the best place for a wedding reception. As the mother of the bride, I couldn't have asked for a more perfect reception for my daughter and son-in-law. It felt like they were the only couple, and we were the only guests in the Club for an entire day. The food was terrific from the cocktail appetizers to the main dinner. The dinner service was top notch and the bartenders kept up with our crowd. Guests raved about the food and service. We had dueling pianos for the entertainment, and they did a fantastic job as well. This is one wedding that can't be topped soon.

Bill · Married on 01/13/2017

After reviewing several options for venues for an "East Coast Celebration" for our daughter's post wedding party, we settled on the City Club. We could not have been happier. They were the clear winner in every category with a professional, yet congenial approach in dealing with us to working with us in planning the event to executing flawlessly during the event. I have nothing but praise for the staff, the food, the setup, and of course, the beautiful setting. Additionally, the vendors that they recommended we use were of the highest caliber. I can highly recommend the City Club without hesitation.

Kathy · Married on 10/01/2016

I would highly recommend this venue. I do not feel that it would have been possible to have had a more beautiful and perfect rehearsal dinner! The food, service, attention, ambience and the view was over the top. The Event Coordinator, Elissa Moss was exceptional. Also, consider Lin at Fresh Affairs to handle your floral needs. We opted for all white flowers with a splash of greenery and many, many candles. The effect was breathtaking!

Amanda · Married on 10/01/2016

The total package. Amazing views from the 28th and 29th floor of the Wells Fargo Building and an absolutely beautiful wedding ceremony and reception venue. The staff and wedding coordinators are EXCEPTIONAL to work with and I would highly recommend to anyone shopping the Raleigh-Durham-CH market to get married. The contract includes a majority of your wedding day needs (food, drinks, linens/cocktail decor(CE) which eliminates a lot of the hassle dealing with tons of vendors in a "rented" space. We looked at all options and City Club made the most sense. Responsiveness, flexibility and assistance throughout the planning process was provided which helped me a TON and saved me some money in not needing a full time planner. We chose a day of Coordinator who worked alongside Elissa and they complimented each other very well.

My husband and I were so impressed with how flawless and smooth our wedding was and could not have picked a better wedding coordinator to work with (Elissa Moss, THANK YOU!) I wanted a stress-free day and reliable vendors, the City Club delivered. Thank you again for all your hard work from start to finish.

Jessica · Married on 09/24/2016

I cannot say enough about this venue and all the help and guidance from Elissa. Everything included in their package pricing made my decision so easy, not to mention the amazing views! When we first stopped by to take a look, I was instantly sold and didn't want to look anywhere else. This venue is GORGEOUS! The pricing seems a little higher, but when you look at what all is included it really is worth every penny (trust me, I had spreadsheets of pricing comparisons, and it was comparable). Not having to worry about organizing all the details of catering, alcohol, tables, chairs, dinnerware, table clothes, day of coordinating, set-up and cleanup, etc is such a relief when you already have all the other vendors to work with. It was well worth the money for us not having to deal with those added headaches. Having Elissa there to guide me was such a life saver as well. I was really set on having a day of coordinator who worked at the venue because they know what works best. I am so glad City Club did because this could not have been more true! Elissa helped me through working out the logistics with vendors and when it got closer to the wedding day she communicated directly with them so I didn't have to be the middle man (which was awesome!). Not only did they help everything go smoothly during my planning process, but on the day of the wedding they were so accommodating and I didn't have to stress about a thing. Elissa did all the thinking for me that day and I cannot thank her enough. Our guests have not stopped raving about the food and how it was the nicest wedding they have ever been too and I owe it all to City Club. Thanks for making our wedding day amazing!!

Morgan · Married on 08/06/2016

City Club Raleigh is the place you want to have your wedding at! We had our wedding and reception here and I couldnt have asked for anything more spectacular!! The staff here is impeccable and I couldnt have done it without the help of Elissa. She made sure everything was in its place and that not one thing went wrong. My guests as well as myself loved the food, drinks, view ...I could go on and on. Thank you City Club and Elissa for all your help on my special day!!

Andrew · Married on 07/23/2016

Rebecca and Elissa were tremendously helpful with all aspects of helping us plan our wedding and were always available! Words cannot describe the venue, it is a place that you have to see for yourself and pictures do not do it justice! The food was unbelievable and all of the guests raved about it. I would highly recommend this venue to anybody interested in getting married in Raleigh! First class all the way!

Deborah · Married on 07/16/2016

If you are a busy professional this venue will work well for you in every way. They are a full service club
    leaving nothing for you to do but enjoy the evening. Elissa Moss is absolutely wonderful. She took care of all my needs.
    My guests were thrilled with the ambiance, the delicious meal, the lovely flowers and the beautiful cake. City Club Raleigh staff provides excellent service. I highly recommend this venue.

Elissa is AMAZING! She really helped us to plan the best reception ever. My guests are still talking about how great the food was at City Club, and how it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. Coming from a family that has owned multiple restaurants for over 30 years, food quality was very important to us. Let me just say, your expectations were exceeded. I highly recommend City Club for weddings/receptions. If not for the view, event planner, and elegant decor, then for the amazing food!

M · Married on 05/21/2016

Rebecca and her staff are amazing! My daughter was married on May 21, 2016. After looking at several venues, we decided to use City Club. We had planned on having just the reception at City Club, but when the weather didn't cooperate it was the perfect back up plan. The food for the cocktail hour and reception was amazing; the wait staff was perfect, they were friendly, helpful and very accommodating. After the reception Babu packed the gifts and helped us get them to the car. While my daughter lives in the area, I do not; I did not have any issues working with Rebecca remotely. She is very prompt in responding and if she doesn't already know the answer, it doesn't take her long to get the answer. If I had another daughter to get married in the Raleigh area, City Club would be my first call. Thank you Rebecca, Babu and the rest of the staff!

We used the Club's facilities for a rehearsal dinner.

The food and drink were top notch, and the wait staff smooth and practically invisible.

Working with the reservation staff was also a breeze.

Beautiful view, easy to get to. Thanks!

• User6205102 · 2+ years ago

We recently used City Club to host our ceremony and wedding and could not have been more pleased. Rebecca and her team completely exceeding every expectation. From planning to the event itself, every detail was handled flawlessly. As a bride on the day of my wedding, I never had to worry about a thing. On top of their phenomenal service, the venue is absolutely stunning. The views City Club provides of downtown blew all of our guests away. I would strongly recommend everyone considers City Club as their wedding venue in Raleigh.

Rhonda · Married on 10/17/2015

We had our ceremony and reception at City Club. The venue made for a beautiful backdrop with our wedding overlooking the capital building on one side and Fayetteville Street on the other side. The service from the time we first toured the club to the moment our wedding was over was just perfect! We had so many rave reviews from our wedding guests on the food and service and the beautiful location. We would never have been able to pull any of it off without Rebecca. She truly made our wedding planning so easy and effortless. She answered every question we had without delay. She really made our day so special and I can honestly say I would do it all again the same exact way.

The City Club Raleigh is a FABULOUS venue for a wedding, and we feel very fortunate that we were able to secure this venue, and our fabulous event planner, Elissa Moss, for our wedding celebration. We had less than 3 months to plan our a unique wedding with our special guest, singer John Legend!!! Needless to say, this wedding required even greater planning for a multitude of extra details (in a short period of time), but Elissa and the City Club Staff handled them all perfectly -- for the Legend crew and for all of our guests. The venue is gorgeous, and it was a MAGICAL night!! The food is delicious, the staff is incredible, and many extras are included, such as the wedding cake, champagne toast, set-up, wait staff, bar tenders, table ware. Interfacing with vendors is so easy too, as they will help handle those communications and details. Elissa and the whole City Club staff -- we LOVE YOU and can't thank you enough!!!

Nicole · Married on 09/19/2015

This is an amazing venue that really captures the essence of downtown Raleigh. Because the venue speaks for itself, there was very little need to go over the top with decorating and spending a ton of money on flowers. This helped balanced out our budget more than other venues. Also, I cannot stress enough how essential Elissa Moss (coordinator) was to making our day fabulous! We had almost 200 guests, and she managed the day with ease! She made sure to meet with us several times, and she was AMAZING in responding to emails and calls. She really helped in all areas by recommending other vendors, and making suggestions to our ideas that would make for smooth transitions. We even had to make last minute arrangements to accommodate additional last minute RSVPs and it was no problem for her and her staff to make it work. Make sure to ask to work with Elissa for your event if you choose the City Club, you won't be sorry, and your day will be nothing short of fabulous!!

R · Married on 08/08/2015

We considered several options for our wedding reception, but after meeting with Rebecca Naderman at the City Club we were convinced that that would be the perfect place to have our event. She was the consummate professional in helping help us plan and coordinate all of the details for our reception. She was extremely knowledgeable about everything that needed to be done and served as a great resource for the ideas that we had. In addition, the City Club provides a setting that is unmatched by any other place in the Raleigh area. Our reception was a huge success and we were very thankful to Rebecca and the City Club for helping us make that happen.

Kathryn · Married on 06/13/2015

I absolutely recommend the City Club for your wedding and here's why:
    1. Exciting and Easy wedding for your guests. We had many guests from out of town and I wanted to make the wedding and entire weekend as fun and non-hectic as possible for them. By having the wedding at the City Club, we were able to do that. The guest stayed at the Sheraton with a convenient two block walk to the wedding. They were able to walk to and from the wedding which meant they could enjoy alcohol at the wedding and have lots of fun. We had our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all at the City Club which made it simple and easy for them. The guest were able to enjoy walking distance fun in downtown Raleigh for their whole weekend. There were also many places in downtown to choose from for our rehearsal dinner and after party.
    2. The City Club comes with so much. You will only have to book a few other vendors besides the City Club. This really took a lot of stress off of me planning the wedding because I was able to check so much off my list at one. Rebecca was my event coordinator and she was GREAT. She always replied to my emails promptly, was organized, informative, and a nice person to work with.
    3. The atmosphere is unbeatable. The City Club has the perfect balance of elegance and coolness. The nighttime views, city lights, dance floor, and music made you feel like you were in *the* place to be in Raleigh. We had an unbelievable amount of genuine compliments on our wedding. Many said it was the most fun wedding the had ever been to.

Beth · Married on 06/12/2015

We love Rebecca, Elissa, and the City Club Raleigh team. We are so thankful for all they did to make our day perfect at City Club Raleigh. Our reception matched our personalities perfectly thanks to the team's attention to detail. Thanks to them we had an unbelievably awesome party overlooking our favorite city with our favorite people in the world. The food was amazing, the drinks were on point, and the staff were so attentive and made us feel like family. Y'all have a place in my heart! Thank you!

Kristin · Married on 06/06/2015

I fell in love with this venue from the moment I stepped off the elevator. The view overlooking the city was nothing short of amazing. I loved the fact that I didn't have to worry if it rained, which it did, and it was beautiful, because afterwards there was a huge rainbow over the city. I also received many compliments on the hors d'oeuvres and plated dinner selections. Rebecca, the private event director, was easy to work with, flexible, and prompt with responses to my many questions straight up until our wedding day.
    I would highly recommend the City Club to anyone that wants the elegant downtown city wedding feel. Our day was PERFECT!

• Kris E

Kristen · Married on 05/16/2015

First off, Rebecca is fabulous. I love the City Club. We walked through before the merger and she completely put us at ease about the construction.

I was a Capital City Club member so are not as familiar with the former Cardinal Club building, but it beautiful. The new renovation is flawless and modern. I absolutely love the staircase.

Rebecca has been super helpful through out the entire process, even suggesting great vendors to work with. She has been great about setting appointment times with us since I am an out of state bride.

She is being amazingly flexible and even let us use the venue as a rain location. You can't go wrong with the City Club.

• I

India · Married on 05/15/2015

Rebecca was the main person I worked with through this process. If it was not for her I would have been a complete mess. She was always available to me and quick to return emails and calls. Rebecca was going to be out town on my wedding date and she personally called me to inform me of this. She could hear in my voice I wanted her there and she made it happen and was there for me. It meant the world to me :)

This made me day to know she was there.

Patti · Married on 12/31/2014

We absolutely loved having our daughter's wedding at the City Club Raleigh. Rebecca Naderman was wonderful to work with. All questions regarding the wedding venue were answered promptly. Rebecca was always willing to give suggestions or check into any detail we inquired about for the reception, including a balloon drop! The wedding reception was perfect............no problems at all. The waitstaff was very courteous and friendly. We highly recommend City Club Raleigh!