City Club Dallas Reviews

83 | Dallas, TX

83 Reviews for City Club Dallas

The City Club venue was beautiful, and the set up for the event was very well done. The staff was professional and was one step ahead of us to ensure that nothing went wrong. We have chaotic work schedules and appreciated that Vicki Welch, the event coordinator, was available just about anytime based on our convenience. Same for the venue staff when we needed to drop by for set up. We loved the food! and the service! My guests had only great things to say about it all.

Sent on 11/21/2012

Shareka · Married on 10/24/2014

Great wedding venue. Vickie works with you and does a great job.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Shareka · Married on 10/24/2014

3.0

The coordinator Vickie and staff were very helpful and prompt.. The chef did an awesome job with the food.

Sent on 11/04/2014
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 07/15/2011

3.5

Let me start off by saying that Vicki Welch was a pleasure to work with, and she did make certain provisions to accommodate our wedding. She took care of me when I had a bridal breakdown. The City Club is a beautiful location to be married. At the top of one of Dallas' tallest skyscrapers overlooking the entire metroplex. The food was awesome and DELICIOUS and the view was gorgeous.... Now, on the the not so good. I thought I was going to be getting a bargain, but in the end you aren't fully aware of all of the restrictions that aren't written out or clearly expressed. Although you receive a beo oftentmes there are still questions left to be answered. We were told a lot of things before we paid, that afterwards were rescinded. We were helpless to do anything about it because the money was non-refundable and there was no proof if it wasn't in writing. There was nothing I could do but carry on. There were also quite a few hidden fees you don't learn about until the last minute, and your options for decor are extremely limited. The most we could do was uplighting.

If we ever used The City Club again, we will be more mindful of our needs prior to paying, and would likely use Vicki as a coordinator instead of hiring out that way any confusions would be handled better and in a quicker manner. THe wait staff gave impeccable service.

Sent on 09/19/2011

Michael · Married on 05/26/2012

3.8
      3.0

Wedding was beautiful and went flawless thanks to Vicki's hard work.

Sent on 06/13/2012

Season · Married on 06/14/2008

3.8
      3.0

The venue was beautiful and our guests were pleased. The coordinator was helpful overall though we felt there was little flexibility with certain things. There was also a second event after ours which rushed us a bit.

Sent on 07/19/2008

Kyndra · Married on 06/25/2010

3.6
      3.5

Everything was nice. The only complaint I have is that Vicki didnt always remember what she told me. She always had my information mixed up with another wedding she was planning. The food was kind of cold when we sat down to eat. My guest thought it was really pretty.

Sent on 07/22/2010

City Club Dallas's reply:

Thank you for your review. The City Club appreciates all feed back. We strive to constantly make every effort to ensure the Wedding of your dreams.

The confusion expressed by Vicki was not between the bride and other Weddings but was a result of being contacted by three different Wedding consultants hired at different times throughout the planning process. We were originially contacted by Joanne with Bella Event Planning. We were then contacted by Felicia with Bella Event Planning to say she was now working with the Bride. Finally, we were contacted by Lisa with Enchanting Soiree as the final Wedding consultant. It was truly a pleasure working with all parties to include the Bride, her family and all three Wedding consultants.

Laneka · Married on 03/08/2013

3.2
      3.0

I wish there was more time to enjoy the night. 4hrs go by fast and at times you feel rushed do to time frame because you have to be out on time unless you have to pay a fee. I was not able to throw bouquet or my husband was not able to take off garter. Such little time so much to do. I wish things were done a little different. Overall we did enjoy ourselves.

Sent on 03/22/2013