City Club Dallas Reviews

83 | Dallas, TX

83 Reviews for City Club Dallas

Lisa · Married on 12/31/2011

The City Club and all their staff was amazing. Working with Vicki made things so easy and stress free. The view was amazing and excellent food. We are still getting compliments on the wedding!

Sent on 03/13/2012
  • jennifer

jennifer · Married on 10/28/2011

Vicki and her team are great! I wasn't the most organized bride to work with, but she was able to create everything I wanted! Vicki knows how to get everything done with out a hitch and always on top of things. I couldn't imagine a better wedding!

Sent on 11/10/2011

Chandra · Married on 10/21/2011

The City Club is a phenomenal venue. My wedding looked like something out of a movie. The staff was top notch. Not one single issue all night. We choose Italian food for our buffet and it was delicious. All of the guests were raving over the food. Our event coordinator, Vicki, is the best in my book. I called or emailed her 5 times a day up to the wedding day and she never seemed put out or frustrated. She walked me through everything step by step. She put my nerves at ease and made sure my most special day was a success! I could not have done any of this without Vicki by my side.

Sent on 10/16/2014

Elaine · Married on 03/26/2011

First and foremost, if you don't consider this venue, and your looking for a Dallas locale, your crazy! Once you visit, your venue choice will be a no brainer.

Secondly, to Vicki Welchs boss: she deserves a raise! OMG - she's ahmazing!! She was everything and more than we could have asked for in a wedding coordinator. She is down to earth, friendly, smart, savvy, and energetic and knows weddings like the back of her hand. If I didn't know better, I would of thought we were her only client. She made us feel not just like a client but like a friend, looking out for our best interest every chance she got. She was on the ball, cool as a cucumber through the whole event, and super accommodating. Her follow thru was impeccable, and I always received an email back within 20 minutes or less.... Unheard of!! During all of our preparation visits, you could tell her staff adored her and they loved their job!!

Our night at City Club was one we will never forget and neither will our guests. It was definitely the wedding of the decade for the majority of all our guests. Food was great, ambiance was romantic and the views were unbelievable!! This was such a dream to be able to share our moment at the City Club!

Vicki and her staff totally made the City Club experience fantastic and the management should know what a dynamite team they have!

Sent on 04/07/2011

Bimpe · Married on 02/25/2011

Ok where do I start from:

My husband and I first looked at the city club website and loved that it was on the 69th floor and overlooked the entire Dallas skyline. I started getting in touch with Vicki Welch the wedding coordinator of City Club a year before my wedding date and the moment I sent my first few emails to her, I got sold out by her replies. She was so professional and I have never had anyone respond quickly to emails as fast as Vicki does. She made me feel like I was the only client she had. She was never rude to me and was always very pleasant and nice.

There were times I got frustrated with planning details but she always had a way of calming me down and making me know that it was all going to be ok.

Fast forward to the wedding day...IT WAS PERFECT.....Vicki was on top of her game. We had both the Ceremony and reception at City club and my guests raved about the view, the ambiance, THE FOOD, THE STAFF...It was great. I am not even trying to exaggerate and over hype the place but the major thing that makes City Club a great venue is the people. From Vicki to Andres to Pedro. I felt like they were family. I ended up having more guests than I intended but they were there to accommodate them all and make them feel at home.

I cant say enough wonderful things about Vicki and City Club but to the manager or CEO of city club: please give VICKI WELCH a raise and do whatever it takes to keep her there as long as you all possibly can. She made my day perfect and I am so excited to even share the wedding pictures with people if they request for it.

Thank you Vicki and thank you City Club. I will highly recommend you to all my friends getting married in Dallas in the coming future and I will definitely be in touch...As of right now, I am still thinking of other events that City Club can host for me just to experience what I experienced all over again.

Sent on 06/05/2012

Julie · Married on 01/29/2011

I really enjoyed working with Vicki Welch and the staff at City Club. The reception was absolutely beautiful and the service was outstanding. All the guests were extremely impressed and had a great time. The bride and groom were also very, very happy with the whole event!!!!!

Sent on 02/04/2011

Lauren · Married on 11/20/2010

OH MY GOSH! My wedding and reception here at The City Club was AMAZING! It was so glamorous and fancy. I felt so sophistocated...and so did all my guests! Everyone had a great time - the food and atmosphere cannot be replicated anywhere else. Vicki is...I can't even put into words. Without her, my night wouldn't have been near the PERFECT that it was...and it was even her birthday! If I had to do it over with an endless budget, I still would've picked The City Club. Everyone who works there is just incredible and so caring. I've never felt so important and everything I requested was made to happen. Thank you times A BAJILLION for giving me the most wonderful day I have had in my whole life! We love you VICKI!!

-Lauren
    11/20/10 :)

Sent on 11/26/2010

Cassandra · Married on 09/18/2010

I recommend this venue to everyone! Vicki was amazing and goes above and beyond to ensure the day is special!

Sent on 10/10/2011

Amanda · Married on 03/05/2010

The Dallas City Club is located on the 69th floor of the Bank of America building (the green building at night) downtown, so the view was AMAZING which is what initially sold us. Vicki, the coordinator there, is absolutely wonderful. She helped make our day perfect. The food was amazing, the space looked great and the service was very friendly. I have no complaints at all and would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 04/07/2010

Lori · Married on 08/08/2009

This is the place, look no further! Vicki and her staff catered to our every need. This was a turn key reception. The view is just outstanding. You are on the 69th floor of the Bank of America building downtown. You can see for miles! Everyone is still talking about how wonderful the reception was. All of our guest came to the conclusion that this was the "best wedding they have ever been to".

Sent on 08/25/2009

Adrienne · Married on 06/07/2008

I would highly recommend The City Club Dallas due to the service and the pricing. Our reception was flawless!

Sent on 08/19/2009

Brooke · Married on 08/20/2016

Morgan is an absolute delight to work with and did everything possible to bring to life mine and my husband's vision for our wedding reception. (For the record: she did a FANTASTIC job and the reception was incredible!) Morgan will not only help you with planning, she will literally be there to coordinate your reception on the day of the wedding so everything goes off without a hitch. The City Club is an absolutely beautiful venue with a phenomenal view of the city, but Morgan's hard work and dedication are what make it an easy pick for a wedding reception.

Sent on 09/07/2016

Hydhee · Married on 06/22/2013

Vicki and her team were amazing!! They were all so accommodating through the entire night and the food was beyond excellent. Vicki helped make our dream wedding come to life and we couldn't be more happy!

Sent on 09/09/2013

Wow. How can I possibly express how much we loved The City Club for our wedding?? The first time I met Vicki Welch was at a wedding convention in Dallas and I was a) really happy to meet such a friendly, awesome person, and b) intimidated that the deliciousness of their truffle oil mac n cheese meant that they were way out of our budget. Oddly enough, this ended up being the PERFECT fit for our budget. We looked at about 15 different places and absolutely nowhere had such value: an amazing wedding coordinator, a beautiful location, a comprehensive wedding package that includes flowers and the cake (so you don't have to spend days looking for a florist and a baker!), at a very, very reasonable cost. Throughout the planning process Vicki kept in touch and helped me plan all the little details I wouldn't have thought of otherwise. She's just so fun to work with! Every time I had some weird, vaguely bridezilla request she'd respond quickly and assure me that everything would go perfectly. The one small thing I wish had been different is that for the bouquet toss, my photographer was out of the room so that got missed, but that wasn't really anyone's fault. Overall, this was the best possible wedding experience I could have had-- and it was so much more than I had ever dreamed of having. If you live in Texas, I HIGHLY recommend you use The City Club. My family members have recommended it to everyone we know who's looking for a wedding venue. It was just so beyond beautiful and wonderful, our wedding reception is now the reception we'll hold all others against--because nowhere else could come close to matching how great The City Club is! Thanks Vicki!!!

Sent on 11/14/2012

Nancy · Married on 08/01/2009

Vickie Welch with The City Club was one of the reasons our wedding was a huge success. She is the ultimate wedding coordinator and it was quite apparent to us that she was the best of the best. She is a real professional. The quality of the service and food was first class. The buffet was beautifully displayed and the City Club's attention to detail was evident in every phase of the planning. Everything we requested was handled far better than we imagined. The views from the 69th floor were amazing. Our guests were impressed by all the displays (buffet, candy buffet, dessert tables, ceremony room) and The City Club did a wonderful job in transforming the place into a spectacular wedding site we will never forget.

Sent on 08/18/2009

I simply cannot thank Vicki and her team at The City Club enough! They made what we were told would be a terribly stressful process simply fun to plan and execute! To begin with, a reception at The City Club is always beautiful with the view of the city. But also, the food was amazing, drink and service so personal, quick and professional. Every detail was attended to and our guests had a fantastic time. Our daughter, the bride, truly had her wedding party dreams come true that night!

Sent on 10/26/2015
  • User4524793 · event on: 11/01/2014

A beautiful place to have a party, wedding or engagemnet paty. Food was terrific, service great and Vicki was wonderful to work with.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Anika · Married on 07/09/2011

Beautiful venue, great food, and great wait staff.

Sent on 09/10/2011

Stacy · Married on 04/04/2009

The location is beautiful and we had both the ceremony and the reception there. I had many, many details added to my wedding to make it personal and they carried out most of them. The only hiccup was that the day of the wedding, I arrived at the time my vendors were scheduled to set up to find that not all of the tables and such were ready. The cake table was not set up and we were not able to set the cake up. Right before the wedding started, I still had details not completed. They finished most of them before the wedding was over, so the guests never knew. Had I not had so many personal touches, they would have been just fine. The event got rave reviews and the city lights are breathtaking. I would do it again there, just make sure if you have lots and lots of specific details, you write them down, draw them out and list were everything can be found in each box. Then schedule a time to meet with Vicki and go over it in detail. Vicki is very accomodating and very helpful. She really is there to help you. Be aware that vendors may charge a premium to deliver here, and some vendors won't do it at all because of the distance to carry items into the center. They do have special deals worked out with some vendors and you can use any of your own vendors if you prefer. And the guest RAVED about the food. The food was fantastic and in locations with views, that is not always the case. Overall, it was a wonderful experience.

Sent on 04/08/2009
  • Y

Yvette · Married on 03/24/2012

Vicki Welch was wonderful to work with in planning my daughter's wedding reception at City Club. Her staff did a great job setting up and tearing down.

Sent on 04/04/2012

Nikki · Married on 02/07/2009

After looking at least ten other venues, my fiance and I decided to have our reception at the City Club. The 69th floor views were amazing overlooking downtown Dallas, the West End and Victory Park. The space was very open but also had a separate part for the buffet and bar which I really liked. Overall, I am so glad we chose this reception site because it was priced well so we could have some more of the extra amenities (i.e. top shelf liquor with an open bar, exquisite appetizers and meal plans, etc.) that make a great wedding. Vicki, the wedding planner, was also very helpful and was willing to take time out of her Saturday to help us with a last minute item that needed to be at the reception site prior to our ceremony at another location.

Sent on 04/20/2009

Mary · Married on 07/09/2010

Good Afternoon Vicki:

I wanted to thank you again for all the hard work you put forth in making our wedding spectacular. The food, décor, and service were more then I could image. My wedding might have been on a poor brides budget, but in my eyes I had a platinum wedding thanks to you and Carlos.

Sent on 07/22/2010

Jaime · Married on 12/29/2006

3.5

This place was beautiful and the wedding coordinator was so open to ideas about the venue. She actually was able to work in some things for me that were not part of the package but to make my wedding wonderful!

The price included all food and linens. It also included chivari chairs, the brides cake and both the ceremony and reception. I had about 150 guests show up to my wedding.

Sent on 11/07/2007

I was highly satisfied with the service and the ability to keep the event on budget.

Sent on 12/23/2014

3.5

We had a beautiful wedding at City Club. We felt the venue was a good value for the cost and that we were very well taken care of by the staff.

Vicki, the coordinator, was able to handle all the little "things" that come up during a wedding reception. She was very courteous to our guests and made us feel very special the day of the wedding.

The consumption bar for the last hour seemed over priced in comparison to the open bar we offered for the first 4 hours. I wish they had a 5 hour open bar option.

All in all everything was wonderful and I would definitely recommend considering them for a venue.

Sent on 04/08/2013