Citron Sound Services DJs Reviews

65 | Mesa, AZ

65 Reviews for Citron Sound Services DJs

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Jessica · Married on 10/20/2007

We hired Jeff through Citron Sound, and couldn't have been happier! He was great, and everyone loved him! I specifically requested Jeff, as I saw him at another wedding, and he was great there as well.

Sent on 06/05/2008

Tracy · Married on 09/14/2007

Our DJ was central to how our successful our event was! The dance floor was always packed and the reception flowed along effortlessly. Wonderful company!!

Sent on 10/29/2007

Laura · Married on 08/12/2006

Jimmy Davenport is a great DJ. He has a good personality, is very professional, and related well with all of our guests. One thing he is NOT--cheesey! He is very creative and helpful. Jimmy really put forth extra effort at our wedding. All of our guests danced and had such a great time. After our wedding, many people asked me for his information so that they could have him at their upcoming wedding or social events.

Sent on 07/19/2007

Katherine · Married on 04/13/2001

we loved our DJ. I was able to meet with him a few weeks before the ceremony and go over the playlist. We wanted a mix of 40's big band, some R&B and some country. He did such a great job we had people asking us for a copy of the playlist 3 years after our wedding! It was wonderful. Our party lasted until 1 a.m.

Sent on 05/11/2008

Lauren · Married on 10/25/2014

Elliot was AMAZING! He provided us with a detailed timeline well in advance before our big day and was very attentive to our unique music requests. He stuck closely to the schedule and made adjustments only after he cleared it with us. Elliot was very easy to work with and made the night fantastic. Can't say enough about Elliot and Citron Sound.

Sent on 11/02/2014

Liz · Married on 01/16/2006

Jimmy Davenport made my reception a hit. He was so entertaining and lively. He kept the party going. Very professional the entire way through. People I knew who had gotten married before me were jealous they didn't find him sooner. A+++++++++

Sent on 10/03/2008
  • LSibrava

Laura · Married on 02/18/2012

We used Jimmy Davenport - and he was fantastic. The man really knew his stuff. He knows every type of music possible. He had great advice to help us through the planning phase and great ideas of activities and interactive participation with the guests to keep the crowd going throughout the night even during dinner. He was wonderful and a complete joy to work with.

We had an atypical first dance that incorporated a flash mob from a few of our more dance happy guests and Jimmy was just as excited to incorporate our vision for that dance as we were and our friends were. He really helped make it a good night, and had the experience and know how with the music and organizing the crowd to keep things flowing perfectly.

Sent on 03/06/2012
  • Q

q · Married on 10/15/2011

Jimmy D! was great! Not only as a DJ but as an MC a true professional that engaged our guests!

Sent on 10/25/2011

Hilary · Married on 04/25/2009

We had had Jeff Marcus as our wedding and reception DJ. He was awesome! Everyone said he was the best wedding DJ they have ever seen. The dance floor was always full with people and he always played great music. Mr. Marcus adapted very well, ie there was one genre we asked him to play and no one responded so he found the music that appealed to everyone. Mr. Marcus dresed in a tux and looked very nice.

The price was very reasonable and we were overall impressed with Citron Sound and Jeff Marcus!

Sent on 05/30/2009

Amy · Married on 10/22/2005

listened to what we wanted and let us provide additional songs! too bad the dj we had is no longer with them

Sent on 03/21/2008

Erin · Married on 03/14/2009

4.2
      3.0

Jeff was great! Everyone at my reception said that the DJ was great. I would reccomend him to one of my friends. He played music for all of the different age groups and kept the party going.

Sent on 05/28/2009

3.2
      1.0

We used Elliot Mogerman as our Wedding DJ, contracted through Citron Sound. Elliot's performance the day of our wedding was mostly great, although there were some differences from our original plan. This rating combines our thoughts on Elliot and "Citron Sound".

Quality of Service: He did a fantastic job organizing our getaway despite us not having a solid plan, and ran a trivia game for our dinner dismissal despite that being a potentially unusual request. People danced all night! Messed up anniversary dance structure, though.

Responsiveness: Elliot responded to some e-mails immediately, which was great, and agreed to a Skype interview with us since we were planning our wedding from out-of-town. Several times e-mail responses were not received, however. Moreover, editing the timeline proved to be a challenge (files were sent in .pdf, and modified changes were not always incorporated).

Professionalism: Elliot's e-mails were sometimes hard to decipher due to a lack of spelling and grammatical consistency. The night before our wedding I received an e-mail at about 11 PM asking to resend our edited first dance song because he lost it (this was followed by an e-mail saying he found it, but still caused concern). Jon Citron blamed his secretary for an error on our legal contract in an early discussion, and cashed but did not record reception of our second check (causing pretty real concern when our DJ asked us for our balance during our last dance of the night). This was resolved via an email after the fact.

Value: While this was not our cheapest option, compared to the other Wedding DJs we interviewed Elliot was the most friendly and warm DJ we encountered. Based solely on the day-of performance, we would say that the upgrade to Elliot was worth it.

Flexibility: Elliot incorporated many of our requests, playing the right songs for the important points.

Sent on 01/11/2014

Citron Sound Services DJs's reply:

...Responding to our clients of December 30th... Elliot, our best DJ and I, found this couple to be great and happy clients to work with. And from their response they had given us on Dec 30th..the night of their wedding, they were very happy with us in all respects.

Their complaint about our confusion regarding their balance check is a valid complaint. ...Not sure why they mentioned my secretary..as she was never brought into the discussion. The book keeping error was mine and mine alone..I never suggested it was someone else's error.

Like everyone, I make a mistake once in a while..not often...but being human I do make a mistake sometimes.

The mistake I made working with John and Elise was of a simple and fast fixable book keeping error..on my part.

When I discovered my book keeping error, I apologized two or three times to this Bride & Groom. That's why I'm scratching my head about this. I thought, in retrospect, that this problem was minor. And..the book keeping error I made did not negatively affect what we did for their Wedding and Reception. People were very happy with what Elliot did.

Our DJ, Elliot, in addition to doing weekend DJ events, also has a full time job. And because of that, he sometimes can't answer an email for up to 4 or 5 hours. Personally, I think that's acceptable.

In our final analysis, we feel the job Elliot did was excellent...not perfect..but excellent. And I ask of anyone..what or who is absolutely perfect in any line of work?

And, again, I am sorry for the simple book keeping error I was responsible for. When I discovered the error, I emphatically offered John and Elise my sincere and gratious apologies...and we wish for them the absolute best in their futures.

Megan · Married on 05/17/2008

2.8
      2.0
      2.5
      3.0

I went through this company as a referral however I had a less than stellar experience. The actually ceremony and reception were fantastic and everyone had a good time. But getting in touch with them prior was a nightmare. The first DJ assigned to me was fired and the second was not good at getting back to me in a timely manner. Good for the party but the hassle and stress prior were not worth it in my opinion.

Sent on 06/02/2008

Gilbert & Noella · Married on 11/02/2013

0.0

We booked our wedding DJ through this vendor. On the wedding day the DJ played the wrong songs for the entrance of the bridal party amongst other things. When we finally found the time to contact this vendor to voice our disappointment in their services that day, this vendor questioned the length of time it took for us to reach out about this issue. He turned the situation to be a "he said she said" situation. The DJ also painted the picture to his boss that we were asking for extra services and did not want to pay. Their contract did not indicate a timeline in which a client is supposed to post reviews or express opinions about their performance on the wedding day. This vendor also thinks that meeting with any vendor (such as an event/wedding coordinator) up to 8 times in a one year span of planning is too excessive. I did not think it is possible for a DJ to royally screw up a section of wedding as much as this DJ did. See examples below

Bridal Couple 1==DJ was suppose to play “Fuse” ==DJ actually played “Will you marry me”==wrong song

Bridal Couple 2==DJ was suppose to play “Personally”==DJ actually played “Party rock”==wrong song(not even an African song)

Bridal Couple 3==DJ was suppose to play “Olu Maintain”==DJ actually played “Konkai makossa”==wrong song

Bridal Couple 5==DJ was suppose to play “O’koningana” ==DJ actually played Unknown song, then switches to O’koningana in the middle of the couple dancing

Bride & Groom==DJ was suppose to play “Alingo” by P square ==DJ actually played “Will you marry me” by Prince Chinedu Nwadike==Played the same song as bridal couple 1== can’t believe DJ didn’t even get this one correctly

Did not think it was that hard to follow instructions, especially since this vendor had commented about the DJ as quoted: “He's too good, too experienced, and too proven to have been equated with a 0 rating from anyone.”
    If you are looking for a DJ to play typical African songs for your wedding, we would not recommend

Sent on 12/21/2013

Citron Sound Services DJs's reply:

1) This complaining bride waited 5 weeks after her Wedding to complain about us and 6 weeks after her Wedding to post her negative review on Wedding Wire..and 2 months later on The Knot.

2) The DJ she has complained about..giving him a 0 rating from a possible 0-5..is our very best and proven DJ. He's too good, too experienced, and too proven to have been equated with a 0 rating from anyone.

3) This particular client also admitted to us that prior to her wedding she met with one of her other Wedding vendors a total of 8 times.

4) Other than her negative review, we've not been in receipt of any other negative reviews in 59 reviews posted on Wedding Wire and The Knot. 99.9 % of wedding couples who hire us are super pleased and happy with our DJ service since 1976.

5) This particular bride..from our long time experienced stand point in our business...simply could not be pleased with anything we did..or could have done. We tried..but we could not please her. In the final analysis, she gave our best DJ a 0 rating..where as this same DJ routinely receives a 5 star rating week in and week out from hundreds of other happy and satisfied brides valley wide...

Kelly · Married on 03/07/2009

0.0

We had a very bad experience with Citron Sound. First, the DJ did not set up the microphone for the readers at our wedding so no one heard them. Then he didn't have our song list-no father/daughter song, no mother/son song, my husband had to take time out of the wedding and tell him all the songs. He also did not have the list of the wedding party to do the introductions, which ended up taking 10 minutes for him to write everything down which made us late into getting into our actual wedding. We didn't think it could get worse, but it did. We had asked if we could provide a song list for the DJ to play from and Citron said no problem. We went over the list with the DJ a few times and he had all the songs and no issues, but when we started the wedding he had them all wrong. He played fast music instead of light jazz during dinner, played his own songs he wanted instead of the ones we picked out, and there was a point from dinner to dancing that he didn't play any music at all. We were soo disappointed with the professionalism and did not think that DJing was that difficult. It really put a damper on our wedding reception. When we told the owner what had happened he basically said sorry for the microphone and stated that the DJ received a compliment from a random guest and that that was good enough for him. Enough said...don't waste your time or money, they were awful.

Sent on 03/30/2009