Citron Sound Services DJs Reviews

65 | Mesa, AZ

65 Reviews for Citron Sound Services DJs

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Jaime · Married on 10/15/2011

Jeff Marcus with Citron Sound was a dream:) He was absolutely Perfect and my guests thought he was awesome!

Sent on 11/30/2011

Lisa · Married on 06/04/2011

We had Jimmy Davenport as our DJ, and he was fabulous!!! Definitely one of the best deicisions we made vendor-wise, and I would absolutely use him again and highly recommend him. In fact, I originally came across Jimmy because I asked a local wedding photographer I knew who his favorite DJ was, and Jimmy was his answer. I figured someone who goes to weddings every weekend should know their DJ's, and I was right! Jimmy is a great DJ and I would highly recommend him for your wedding.

Jimmy was great to work with, and he helped us figure out what we wanted to do and how we wanted to run the event prior to the wedding. I was able to give him a list of songs that I liked/disliked, and I was impressed at how he was able to incorporate that seamlessly into my wedding event. He was a great DJ, played the requests, and keep the reception rocking all night long.

I had a wonderful wedding reception and danced all night long, due to Jimmy's great DJ'ing. He was great and easy to work with, and I can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 06/15/2011

Franca · Married on 05/29/2011

They were amazing and did an excellent job.

Sent on 06/16/2011

kerri · Married on 05/21/2011

We had Jimmy this past weekend and he was awesome. He played tons of great songs. I highly recommend him! Thanks again for help making our day so special!!

Sent on 05/25/2011

J & J · Married on 05/07/2011

Awesome, awesome, awesome! Hiring Jimmy as our DJ was the best decision we made. He had the crowd going, and was awesome to work with. Our wedding was a success because he made it so much fun. I can go on and on on how great he was. All of our guests had such an amazing time and we received so many compliments on Jimmy! Thank you Citron and Jimmy!

Sent on 05/24/2011

Natalie · Married on 04/23/2011

Jimmy Davenport was awesome! He was so great to work with and we are so happy that we chose him as our DJ/Master of Ceremonies.

Jimmy was so accommodating and easy to work with and was always willing to have a meeting to make sure our big day was exactly what we wanted it to be. There were a lot of music decisions and he helped us the whole way through. He was also great about helping us with our bridal party introductions! On top of that he worked with our other vendors to come up with timelines so that our day went smoothly. I just can't say enough of how easy and fun it was to work with him and I would definitely recommend him!

Sent on 06/01/2011

Megan · Married on 04/22/2011

We hired Jeff Marcus to DJ our wedding and he was truly a master of ceremonies. He sent out an itinerary to all our other vendors so everyone knew exactly what was going on and when it was happening on our wedding day. We did some fun games during the reception that our guests will never forget.
    Above all, he kept the party going all night long...never a dull or awkward moment. Our guests continue to tell us how much fun they had and that is in large part to the awesome vibe coming from the music that was being played. Jeff really knows how to read a crowd and play the right music to keep everyone happy. I strongly recommend Jeff Marcus to be your Master of Ceremonies. It will be a wedding that will be hard to top!

Sent on 05/10/2011

Jack · Married on 03/19/2011

Jimmy was the best! More than one guest commented to us that he was a great DJ. He was professional, fun, and respectful of our families. I would certainly and highly recommend him.

Sent on 04/10/2011
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 03/13/2011

Jimmy Davenport was our DJ and he was phenominal. He read the crowd and kept everyone happy and on the dance floor. He was extremely organized and helpful and still made our event very personal. I would reccommend him to anyone.

Sent on 03/29/2011

Allison · Married on 12/23/2010

Jeff Marcus over at Citron Sound was the DJ at my wedding receptiona dn he did a great joB! My husband and I are not big dancers and did not think our guests were either, but Jeff got us and our guests moving all night long. I still have guests saying how great of a job he did and how much fun they had. Thanks Citron Sound, especially Jeff Marcus.

Sent on 02/08/2011

Judi · Married on 12/11/2010

We used Citron Sound for our daughters wedding on December 11, 2010. Extremely professional! Met with the bride and groom before the wedding, accepted play list, and did a wonderful job! Thanks Citron Sound! Ramsey Bergeron was our DJ. : ) Highly recommended!

Sent on 02/09/2011
  • Emili

Emili · Married on 09/26/2010

Our Master of Ceremonies was wonderful! Jim Davenport made the whole night flow perfectly. The change between songs was flawless and he was happy to take requests from the guests. Everyone commented that he did a great job keeping most of the guests on the dance floor. We really did dance the night away. Even our older guests enjoyed the reception.

Sent on 10/13/2010

Melody · Married on 05/22/2010

DJ Jeff Jones was so professional. He told us everything we could do and had new and exciting ideas that no other dj company was doing. When we got to our reception and it was everything we expected and more. Jeff made all of our announcements and got all our guests on the dance floor! I would definitely recommend him to anyone... Matter of fact he's djing my sister's wedding this fall!!

Sent on 07/13/2010
  • Nastassja

Nastassja · Married on 04/09/2010

We hired Jimmy Davenport with Citron Sound Services after researching a number of local DJ's. We had no idea how involved the DJ is with the wedding planning until we met Jimmy, and frankly, I don't know what we would have done without him. We met a year out from our wedding so we could get a feel for each other. He wanted to learn what kind of couple we are and what our vision was, and we wanted to know if we could feel comfortable with him. We are a more reserved couple and we we're afraid that the DJ would want to run his own show, but Jimmy took his notes and never made us do anything we weren't comfortable with. It was a great experience and I would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 04/22/2010

N · Married on 03/27/2010

This review is really for DJ Jim Davenport was FANTASTIC! In terms of the reception, he kept all of the events on schedule and more importantly, made it fun for everyone involved. Throughout the night, he had a feel for the mood of the crowd, knowing when to turn it up or down. He played a wide assortment of music, based on what we told him but also based on the crowd's reaction. We had a young, fun crowd mixed with some older adults and everyone had a blast! FUN Bees :-) Prior to the wedding, we met with him twice and he was very easy to work with and LOVES his job. Jim was professional, but not stiff, and most importantly-not cheesy!

Sent on 04/29/2010

Talia · Married on 02/20/2010

Jimmy was fantastic! He made the whole process easy and made suggestions that were perfect for our big day. He has a wide variety of music and used a mix of music styles to make our reception a good time for everyone. Our friends and family are still talking about our wedding a year later and we got compliments from our venue saying it was the best reception they had seen in three years. Thanks Jimmy!

Sent on 06/14/2011

Kristen · Married on 02/06/2010

Jimmy Davenport of Citron Sound Services is the BEST DJ - he was absolutely perfect at our wedding! Jimmy actually DJ'd my sister's wedding a few years ago, and he did just as amazing of a job. Jim spent so much time with us planning the schedule of our wedding reception, going over all of the music selections, and even went into details such as knowing our parents, grandparents, and syblings names. Everything flowed so smoothly at the reception, and our guests were dancing the entire night. Jimmy also did the uplighting in our ballroom, and a monogram light on the dancefloor. Not only are his prices for this the lowest I found anywhere for lighting, but he did an oustanding job transforming our ballroom into a chic, upscale atmosphere. As I'm sure you know, a DJ can make or break your wedding reception. Book Jim Davenport of Citron Sound and you will be a VERY happy bride!

Sent on 02/22/2010

Jennifer · Married on 11/14/2009

Jimmy Davenport from Citron Sound was the DJ at our wedding and was wonderful to work with. He assisted in laying out the entire flow of the reception and also assisted in choosing songs by making recommendations based upon what he knew to be our preference of music. Our guests had so much fun and we did too! You won't go wrong with Citron Sound and Jimmy Davenport.

Sent on 01/25/2010

Jacqueline · Married on 09/05/2009

We hired Jimmy Davenport as our wedding DJ and almost two years later, still receive positive feedback about how wonderful a job he did! Unlike, other DJ's that play only music that they personally enjoy, Jimmy really fed off of the energy of our guests and played music that kept EVERYONE on the dance floor all night long. Guests even chanted, "One more song!" at the end of the night! We met with Jimmy prior to the wedding and he was very thorough in noting the exact songs that we wanted for our first dance, garter toss, cake cutting etc., including verifying which artists we preferred for the more popular songs. He provided clever and original wedding party introductions, played the songs we requested and left out the ones that we had no desire to hear (i.e. the chicken song and electric slide), and even consulted with us about questionable songs that guests requested. The night progressed so smoothly and by the end of the night, EVERYONE was linked arms in a giant circle belting out lyrics to "Piano Man." = ) I highly recommend Jimmy Davenport!!

Sent on 03/20/2011

Meredith · Married on 05/16/2009

We had Jimmy Davenport from Citron sound as our wedding DJ. He did a fantastic job. He was well liked by all the guests and was very professional the whole night. He was also very helpful before the wedding during the planning process. We met with him several times to go over the details. He is very organized and had some great ideas to help us along. Everyone was dancing the whole night and we even had a dance off!! I would recommend Jimmy Davenport to everyone!!

Sent on 06/13/2009

Billie · Married on 03/07/2009

They did such a great job. Before the wedding my husband and I were worried if we were going to pick the right songs. Jimmy helped take that stress away and we had so much fun picking out songs. At the wedding he was amazing. Thanks Jimmy!!!

Sent on 03/04/2010

Suzy · Married on 11/01/2008

Jimmy D is awesome. He's a great DJ and really professional and easy to get along with. He played great music at the wedding. We had two planning sessions with him before the big day and that really helped us to get everything in order. He's great at helping to pick music and knows a great deal about music in general. I changed all my ceremony music at the last minute and he was great about it! I totally recommend Jimmy Davenport!

Sent on 05/05/2009

Mike · Married on 10/25/2008

My wife and I were married in Oct. 2008 and we were lucky to have Jeff Marcus from Citron as our DJ. He played all the music that we requested and ensured all of our guests had a great time. On top of actually playing the music we wanted, he really knew how to manage the entire reception. He kept the flow and fun going throughout the night. I don't know how else to put this, but I would highly recommend Jeff Marcus for any Bride and Groom looking for a DJ that is extremely professional and knows the importance of making your day special.

Sent on 06/06/2011

Jody · Married on 05/03/2008

David at Citron Sound was great! He was easy to work with and kept everyone entertained at our reception. We still get comments on how much fun our friends and family had at our wedding! We were very pleased with him.

Sent on 07/21/2008

Jennifer · Married on 02/16/2008

Jim Davenport was exceptional. Jim had everyone on the dance floor in a matter of seconds! Two of my friends liked him so much that they are using him for their wedding! He played a mix of music that everyone enjoyed, and never tried to steel the show. He made our wedding a ton of fun!

Sent on 06/24/2008