Cincinnati Music Hall Reviews

7 Reviews for Cincinnati Music Hall

• Lynnetta

Lynnetta · Married on 07/27/2019

Very beautiful venue.

Very beautiful venue love the different room options. I meet with Beth and she is a pleasure to work with. If she did not know the answer to anything she was prompt and got back to me in a timely fashion.

Sent on 02/08/2019

Jessica · Married on 08/18/2018

We loved having our wedding at Music Hall this past August. The renovation looks amazing and all of my guest kept commenting on how this was one of their favorite wedding venues ever! We started out in the foyer for our ceremony and then moved our way up to the mezzanine for cocktail hour and lastly, went up to Corbett Tower for the reception. Our final guest count was 157 and it fit perfectly, even with our band!

The natural lighting from the windows overlooking Washington Park, and the beautiful chandeliers that they moved to Corbett Tower made it an easy decision for me to have my reception there.

It also helps that Terri Kidney is very great to work with. She responds in a timely manner and was so accommodating by letting us stop in a couple of times on weekends that we were home in Cincinnati to look at the space and do some planning. We felt like out of all the venues in Cincinnati we got huge value for our money by having it here.

If they have your date open and you are considering booking it there, I would definitely recommend!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Anar · Married on 06/30/2018

Cincinnati Music Hall was a classic, beautiful venue for our wedding reception. We had our wedding ceremony next door at Memorial Hall then had guests walk over to Music Hall for the reception. The ballroom renovation looks amazing and I love the arched lighting. Despite having more than 400 guests, the ballroom felt very spacious as we had both the cocktail hour and dinner/reception in the same room. Our guests had an amazing time and nothing but positive comments about the service and venue.

Sent on 07/31/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 01/19/2013

Our wedding took place in the Cincinnati Music Hall Ballroom. Everything was perfect, less the cost of the bar and certain elements they had to charge for regarding union rules. Everything is unionized at Music Hall. Terry Kidney, Cindy, and Vito were exceptionally kind and accommodating. I requested some painting and light maintenance be done prior to our event/wedding, which all was completed. They provided security, and when someone accidentally broke a glass on the dance floor, their security and maintenance crew was right on it! They were able to allow us set-up on Friday, without charge, for our Saturday wedding, although we had to be out by a certain time for another scheduled event. They suggested vendors, one of which I did use. They were extremely helpful throughout the entire planning process and lovely, hard-working people. We had some special orders for alcohol, which was taken care of, however, the rules are very stringent. As long as you are willing to follow their rules and pay the costs, it is worth it. I had one request that did not go through, which had been agreed to. I never complained, as there was nothing I could do about it as I found out when I was about to walk down the aisle. I had to take several swallows, but we made it and all was wonderful.

Sent on 03/28/2013

Sara · Married on 07/25/2009

3.5

We had our reception in the Foyer of Cincinnati Music Hall. If you want something different, beautiful and historic, this is an exceptional place. The Foyer will no longer be available during Opera Season. We lucked out and had our reception on one of the open Saturdays. Music Hall also has the ballroom and Corbet Tower. Since the Foyer is the entrance for Corbet Tower, they won't allow different parties in the two rooms at the same time which is very helpful. The rental cost is a little steep, but you can save a lot of money in decorating because other than centerpieces, the room doesn't need a thing! They provide a day-of coordinator to help with whatever you may need. I recommend meeting with the coordinator and caterer together to get the details ironed out. They provide bar packages, and there were a couple of snags there. 1) We were under the impression that the beer would be draft, but it was actually cans and bottles and 2) They only use plastic cups and charge a fee for using glassware that we rented (they do not have any glassware available).

Sent on 08/12/2009

Lindsay · Married on 08/24/2013

We absolutely LOVED having our wedding reception in the Foyer at Music Hall! Cindy was sometimes difficult to get in touch with, but ended up being super fun to work with and after meeting with her in person, we absolutely trusted her to make sure everything was perfect for our big day. Because of the historical nature of the venue, there isn't as much flexibility as some other reception halls, but it was worth it to us to have our event in such a unique space. Several of our guests commented that it was the most beautiful reception venue they had ever been in, and we have to agree!

Sent on 01/20/2014
  • User4946788 · event on: 03/28/2015

3.2
      3.0
      3.0
      2.0

Event space is beautiful. But handicapped by having to use Union help for every extra thing... Adding cost .

Sent on 04/06/2015