Ciao Bella Salon and Day Spa Reviews

69 | Islamorada, FL

69 Reviews for Ciao Bella Salon and Day Spa

Michele · Married on 04/14/2012

Bella and her staff were very easy to work with and accommodating. The hair and make-up was beautiful and held up in the Florida humidity pretty well.

Sent on 09/05/2012

Kirstie & Michael · Married on 11/11/2011

My husband and I went to ciao bella salon the day before our wedding. I had a mani, pedi, and hairstyle. Michelle did my hair and she is so super talented and sweet. My hair looked gorgeous and I got compliments on it all night long! I'm very tender headed and I was amazed at how gentle she was. My husband had a mani, pedi, and massage. He said it was one of the best massages he ever had and raved over the steam shower! Everyone in the salon was so friendly, especially Bella. She even sat next to me during my pedicure to chat about my wedding and get to know me.

Sent on 11/26/2011

Jordan · Married on 09/11/2010

Michelle at Ciao Bella Salon in Islamorada did my hair for my destination wedding and it was absolutely PERFECT!!!!! I didn't even have a picture of what I wanted; I just told her what I was thinking and she made it happen. I was so happy and grateful. And in the most humid weather I have ever experienced, my hair didn't frizz... nor did it move an inch when I was dancing. EXTREMELY satisfied!

Sent on 10/16/2010

Happy · Married on 10/09/2009

Ciao Bella was the right choice for me! I followed the recommendations of local businesses , and am happy I did. My nails, hair, and makeup all were just what I wanted plus the staff were friendly and fun.....I'm so thankful I found them; I felt beautiful !

Sent on 10/10/2009

Jessica · Married on 11/05/2011

They were amazing and really are good at what they do!!! I felt sooo beautiful on the day of my wedding. They made everything stress free and really wanted us to be happy!!! LOVE THEM :)

Sent on 11/13/2011

3.0

My mother and 3 sisters got our hair and makeup done here for my wedding. When I called to book, Bella said the price range was from $75-$135 depending on hair texture and length. Well after all of ours was done, each of our hair cost us $125. All of us have different lengths and texture so their quote is not true. Just be prepared to pay $125 for an updo/style. The make up was great. Again-the price for makeup is $50 but if you want lashes they will charge you $25 for a lashes by ardelle which I can buy at CVS and apply myself. The salon calls them lash extensions and I was under the impression I would have individual lashes applied at a different quality. Besides the prices all of ladies that work there are really nice and pleasant to work with.

Sent on 08/13/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 05/17/2014

For my May 2014 wedding, Michelle did my hair which was absolutely stunning. I gave her a picture of an idea I had and she took it from there! She is very creative and made my hair more perfect than I could have imagined. She also did my makeup which which went with my hair, dress, and all over concept (laid back, intimate, and a little bohemian). My Mom and Mom also got there hair and makeup done with other stylists. They both looked just beautiful. The only negative is they seemed to struggle with the idea that my mom wanted a very natural look, so just make sure you clarify that before you start (if that's what you are going for). In all, they made me feel like a princess and I couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 07/09/2014

Leslie · Married on 09/01/2009

3.0

I LOVED LOVED LOVED MY HAIR & MAKEUP !

GOT TONS OF COMPLEMENTS ON MY HAIR & EVEN MORE ON HOW NATURAL MY MAKEUP LOOKED FOR A BEACH WEDDING & THEY MADE SURE TO USE RUNWAY MAKEUP THAT LASTED THE ENTIRE 4 HOURS OF OUR OUTDOOR BEACH WEDDING !

Sent on 11/24/2009
  • I

ilana · Married on 12/10/2014

Michelle Bertelli did an excellent job on my hair and makeup for my destination wedding. I arrived the day before so I could schedule a trial hair and makeup appointment. Half way through the hair trial, I suggested to Michelle that we go a different route for my hairstyle and she was gracious enough to try it out. She was attentive to detail, open to suggestions, and very much client-centered.
    I really did not know what to expect since I was coming from out of town, but I was truly pleasantly surprised with the quality of the salon.

Sent on 12/13/2014

Hong · Married on 01/30/2009

Girls in Bella's place have great personalities. They are really friendly. We had fun and good time there. They did a gread job with my Mom's hair and makeup! Just a little expensive, the hair trial costs the same as the final product!

Sent on 03/15/2009

Samantha · Married on 06/22/2008

I used Ciao Bella Salon for manicures and pedicures of all my bridesmaids and I the day before the wedding. The service in the salon was a little slow, but we were pleased with the results. One of the girls came to do my hair the day of the wedding on location. She had very professional and quality service. I loved the look of my hair! It was exactly what I wanted and described to her. Overall, a great vendor for hair & nails for an Islamorada wedding!

Sent on 11/23/2008

Really did such a good job on our wedding last year in May. Michelle was doing my hair great and all the other girls who did their hair for my wedding done there were so happy and satisfied. I would recommend it for sure to every other bride. It is pricy, but not more then the other "average" prices they have down in the Keys.

Sent on 01/27/2013

Tina · Married on 10/04/2008

The staff was very helpful and flexible with appointments. They were very busy the day of my wedding, but were able to fit me in for an earlier appointment than I had originally arranged! Only a little pricey. The cost of the practice run is same as actual style day.

Sent on 10/09/2008
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 03/20/2010

4.2
      3.0

My bridesmaids and I chose Ciao Bella for hair, nails, & makeup. Bella was always a pleasure to see. They had a bunch of hairstyle books to look through when I did the trail run, but the books were not there on my actual wedding day so we had to look at the hairstyles on the computer. Bella explained that they had the books at home to fix them up. I got a french manicure which i was very happy with (I don't remember the name of the girl i had). Michele did my hair which turned out absolutely perfect. It was a very intricate style and she gave me exactly what i was looking for. Jilda handled my make-up which took an extremely long time. It turned out very nice (I had the airbrushing done) which the exception of the fake eyelashes, one of which fell off before the ceremony and another one that stuck to my vail during the ceremony (my husband thought I had a fly on my veil and kept looking at me funny as we're saying our vows).

I would recommend Ciao Bella, but caution you to check the prices before. They are very expensive compared to other salons I've gone to.

Sent on 04/27/2010

Joseph · Married on 11/08/2008

3.0

The final product was great but the whole wedding party had to be there at 10 am and all they did was sit and watch the bride get ready. not very responsive and no sense of urgency. Also a little pricey for the job they do.

Sent on 11/24/2008

Jackie · Married on 11/05/2010

3.6
      3.0

Ciao Bella did an amazing job on my hair and makeup for my special day but they were quite pricey. They seem to specialize in bridal parties so when we walked in for our appointment the salon had been completely invade by other parties. There was no place to sit so we were seated in the spa area. We were told they would be with us in a minute (there were only 4 of us) but we waited 30 minutes past our appointment time before they would take us. My advice is give yourself PLENTY of time before your ceremony starts. Our appts were at 1:00pm and we were meeting the photographer back at the resort at 4pm. we barely beat her there. Ciao Bella did a beautiful job but if you are looking to feel pampered you may want to look elswhere.

Sent on 12/21/2010

Christine · Married on 06/19/2012

3.4
      1.0

I had all of my bridesmaids, my mother and I receive care at this salon, from mani to pedi to makeup to hair. I had a great experience, my hair and makeup looked amazing, held up great even in the crazy wind. The only thing that came to bother me was after the wedding my bridesmaid told me how poorly she was treated by one of the hairstylists. She started to get her hair done by the girl who did mine, but I showed her a picture of what I wanted so she asked the other girl to finish my bridesmaid. The other girl was very vocal about being upset she had to step in, started yanking and combing the tease out of her hair, cursing saying she hates when the other girl teases so much and was pretty much throwing a fit. My friend sat in silence but she was in tears the whole time from how much she was pulling at her hair. I felt so bad for my friend. The girl was also rude to her because she didn't bring a picture along for an example, she just wanted a simple updo. The girl was unprofessional and rude, and for how much she spent there ($125 for hair and also got mani and pedi....over $250 in care) she should have been treated better. Very disappointing because my experience was great, the lady was nice to me. Although my mani and pedi i would recommend else where. They were terrible. I would give the girl who did my hair and makeup a 5 star, the mani and pedi a 2/5 and the girl who did my friend a 0/5

Sent on 09/11/2012
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 03/03/2012

3.4
      3.5
      2.0
      3.5

I was happy to get my hair and makeup done by Michelle at Ciao Bella. After a little bit of tweaking, it was perfection!

Sent on 03/15/2012
  • U

holly · Married on 01/15/2009

0.0

myself and bridal party arrived at this shop ready to experience a relaxing morning before my wedding day begun, we booked several manicures, pedicures and hair style appointments so all together we were looking to spend a small (or large in ciao bellas case) fortune in their shop. We started off with some of the party having manicures and pedicures which were OK, however the problem started when my mother in law and bridesmaid had their hair done. My bridesmaid showed the stylist a picture of what she wanted, she has shoulder length hair and just wanted it curled....by mother in law just wanted a wash and blow dry-they both looked terrible! the stylist 3 times tried to rectify the styles but still it was not looking good...we didnt want to offend so spoke quietly with the owner and said that I (the bride) would now not hair done in this salon and would do it myself, in a huff she explained that I would have to pay a cancellation fee- however we had spent alot more in the shop than what we first booked for, adding several appointments to the booking so they were no way loosing out. They decided to charge me $95 to curl my bridesmaids hair (which they knew we were going home to wash out) they didnt wash or blow dry it...literally JUST curl with a tong which took about 10 minutes - how did that justify $95???? they were very rude and tried to pressure me to have my hair done - however I had already lost all faith in their styling and was getting extremely upset by their attitude (which is such a shame considering it was my wedding day!)
    what an awful shop....they continued to insult us when we complained about the price and had no sympathy to our situation....
    A friend who later arrived didnt know what was going on however had to sit around whilst our whole family were being spoken about-to the other shop customers....very very very rude, unstylish, (we should have know what to expect by their own hairstyles!!!) thankfully my sister took us all back to our hotel and styled our hair very nicely...she saved the day....

we mentioned our disaster vistit to many people in the surrounding area as we were obviously very upset and had lots of bad feedback...they are widely known for their over the top prices...wish we had booked the other salon which was a few doors along....
    But please......DO NOT GO THERE!!!!! AWFUL SHOP, AWFUL PEOPLE, AWFUL SERVICE...A COMPLETE RIP OFF!!!!!!

Sent on 03/05/2009