Ciao Bella Salon and Day Spa Reviews

69 | Islamorada, FL

69 Reviews for Ciao Bella Salon and Day Spa

Rebecca · Married on 04/23/2016

I had my hair and make-up done at Ciao Bella for my wedding on April 23, 2016. Everyone at Ciao Bella was thoughtful and kind. Michelle Bertelli did amazing work! I had a hair trial for an updo a month prior but wanted something half-up. I showed Michelle a picture of what i wanted and she went above and beyond. My hair style and make-up lasted through the ceremony, reception, and after-party. My mom had her hair done by Michelle as well and hers was beautiful too.

Sent on 05/04/2016

Michelle Bertelli did an amazing job on my hair and makeup. I was so pleased with the services that Ciao Bella Salon provided. I was able to get in last minute for a pre-wedding massage. It was the best massage I have every had. We also got to take advantage of the eucalyptus steam showers. Bella and her team were very accommodating.

Sent on 02/29/2016

My fiancé and I decided to elope and I called them the DAY OF my wedding. THey were so great and flexible. Michelle was absolutely amazing. She understood exactly what I wanted. She gave me her suggestions and recommendations but wasn't overbearing. She made sure I was happy and satisfied with the end result. I got my hair and make up done from her. Highly recommend them for a stress free experience.

Sent on 11/29/2015

Christine · Married on 05/23/2015

Ciao Bella is wonderful! Everyone was very sweet. They even called me before my appointment to let me know that the traffic was getting bad near the salon so that I knew to leave a little early to make my appointment. I felt comfortable and was treated like a long term client from the minute that I walked in the door. Michelle did both my hair and makeup for my wedding. She is sweet and very meticulous. She made sure that my makeup and hair were perfect before I walked out the door. Ciao Bella was a wonderful way to spend the morning of my wedding. I highly recommend going here!

Sent on 06/09/2015

Rhonda · Married on 06/14/2014

Michelle did my daughter's and my hair and makeup for my wedding. She made us both feel like a million bucks! Bella went out of her way to make us feel very special as did several of the other ladies in the salon. I would recommend this salon for hair, makeup, nails, AND massages following your big day. I took my sister-in-law for a massage a few days after my wedding and that was the icing on the cake. These ladies know how to make you feel very special! Love them all!

Sent on 06/30/2014
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 04/05/2014

Michelle was AWESOME!!! Me and my bridesmaids went to Ciao Bella for nails, hair, and makeup for my wedding. All of my girls were pleased with their nails and hair. Michelle did my hair and makeup and did an amazing job! Bella is super sweet and was very helpful in scheduling our appointments. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 04/25/2014

Lisa · Married on 02/19/2014

I cannot say enough about Ciao Bella and Michelle. They did a fantastic job on my hair and makeup as well as my Matron of Honor and Maid of Honor. They did exactly as we asked and I felt like I was on the red carpet.

Sent on 03/11/2014

Ciao Bella did an amazing job on my bridesmaids and I for my wedding! Michelle did my hair and makeup and it looked beautiful! I did a makeup and hair trial, and Michelle really listened to the changes I wanted for the wedding. All of the girls' hair and makeup looked great. Everyone at the salon was so nice and accommodating. We really had a great time. I highly recommend Ciao Bella for your wedding.

Sent on 02/13/2014

Christina · Married on 01/31/2014

I had Michelle do my hair and makeup my wedding and she was amazing. I showed her a picture of what I wanted and I couldn't have been happier with the up-do she did. My wedding was on the beach so I was worried about my hair staying intact, but my hair looked just as good at 9pm as it did at 1pm.
    Ask for Michelle if you're in Islamorada, she was fantastic. The salon was also very laid back and the rest of the staff was extremely friendly, making my stressful day seem a little more relaxed

Sent on 02/04/2014

I am so glad that I went with Ciao Bella for my hair and makeup. Bella made me feel so welcome right from the beginning and it was like I had always known them. I was able to come in for a trial a few months before my wedding, which I highly recommend, and when I came back for the wedding day they greeted me like an old friend. I didn't have a wedding party but Bella was completely accommodating to my mother, mother-in-law, sister and sister-in-law. Even though it was a busy Saturday, they were more than welcoming to my family who wanted to be with me. Michelle did both my trial and my wedding hair/makeup and I highly recommend her, although all the hair and makeup that I saw being done by other stylists looked amazing too. Overall, there is a great atmosphere at Bellas and it is so nice on your wedding day to be surrounded by positive people who are genuinely excited for you.

Sent on 12/10/2013

I cannot say enough great things about this salon. Bella was so great when it came to scheduling. She made us feel right at home when we got there and I felt like I had known her forever. Michelle did my hair and makeup and she was AMAZING!! I recommend her to any bride. I loved this salon, and I will be back for some non-bridal pampering!! :)

Sent on 06/28/2013

Kristy · Married on 12/31/2012

The ladies at Ciao Bella are always supper accomodating and make you feel special every time you come in. The steam showers are amazing also!

Sent on 01/16/2013

kirstie · Married on 11/11/2011

Fabulous!!! Highly recommend Michelle.

Sent on 11/23/2012
  • Cheryl

Cheryl · Married on 04/22/2011

I was recently married on April 22, 2011 in Islamorada, FL. With one day till the event, I realized I had not yet found a place for my bridal party, my mom, my officiate and myselft to get our nails done! With 7 people in our party it was going to be difficult to get everyone in especially on short notice. Bella the owner worked a way for us in small groups to have seperate times to come in. I couldn't have been more happy that she was able to accomodate us all!
    As we all know, being a bride can be stressful so my officiate, my friend, wanted to teat us both to a massage. Again on short notice Bella was able to work out a way to have someone on hand to treat us both!

Thanks again for being so accomodating on such short notice!

Cheryl Canzanella-Goodell

Sent on 05/01/2011

colette · Married on 10/23/2010

The staff and salon did a great job. They were busy, and still managed to fit in my mother who had no appointment. Very nice people! Full service salon.

Sent on 11/09/2010
  • F

Katie · Married on 08/07/2010

Having never had an appointment (prior to my wedding), I took a risk scheduling my mani/pedi & hair updo for my wedding at Ciao Bella this past weekend. I heard I could schedule several appointments & bring in some wine & food to enjoy with the wedding party. Scheduling appts was a little tough so -as it turned out - Only me & my best friend had appointments for the day of my wedding. Lucky for us, they were unusually slow on Saturday as in walks my niece, my Mom, then my sister -all for unscheduled hair updos. Ciao Bella was so welcoming & accommodating. They found a way to work them all in.

More than the welcoming atmosphere - Angelica created an amazing updo & took my suggestion well. She reassured me it was best to continue to communicate before the hair was finalized as once it was up...which I appreciated as I was nervous about the final outcome. Frankly, I was already feeling comfortable with her as she had finished my mom's hair earlier on (while I was getting my mani/pedi) -and she did an incredible job on her hair! I even more pleased with my updo she created - I heard my self compliment her several times saying it was even more beautiful than I had anticipated! She was a rockstar & just a great lady.

Dani did a great job on my french mani/pedi also - luckily, I was too busy chatting with my best girlfriend & sipping mimosas to pick out color. Dani had taken matters in her own hands -which frankly, I appreciated (as I was over making any more decisions!). She chose the prettiest pink french manicure color (I believe it was called Sugar Daddy! lol). It turned out perfect & she was just a doll.

I am so pleased with Ciao Bella, Angelica & Dani & would easily return when I visit Islamorada.

Sent on 08/10/2010
  • I

Stacey · Married on 02/06/2010

My bridesmaids and I chose Ciao Bella for our salon to prep for the wedding day. My stylist Michelle was great in helping me pick a style that would look best on me and would work best with my hair type. She made me look like a princess!

Jilda did my makeup and couldn't have been happier with it. It looked great in the pictures and I definitely couldn't have done it myself.

Everyone at the salon was friendly and very helpful. I definitely recommend them to help make your wedding look perfect.

Sent on 02/13/2010

Theresa · Married on 10/13/2009

My wedding day was last-minute, I'll admit. What I found in this little gem of a place is people who cared to take the time to create just what I wished for and make that happen for me. I'd recommend this salon to any bride!

Sent on 10/19/2009
  • DarleneDe

Darlene · Married on 06/20/2009

Prefection is what Bella's salon provided not only me but my mother and maid of honor. Being from New York, we could easily have been snobs to salons in the keys however this salon can compete with any 5 star salon up north. Not only are they professional, talented and clean, they are also personable and extremely down to earth which made the experience a piece of heaven before my wedding. I also had the bridal facial in their new spa and it was the peace I needed before the big day. I highly suggest it. While their are other salons in Islamorada, I highly suggest going to Bella first. you won't be dissapointed.

Sent on 06/25/2009

Ciao Bella Salon and Day Spa's reply:

Thank you Darlene! We really enjoyed having you ,mom and your maid of honor at our salon and day spa.You made such a beautiful bride : )You are such a delightful girl and blessed with natural beauty.We hope to see you again soon .It is a compliment and we truly thank you for the review .Love Bella and the team !

Katelyn · Married on 05/12/2018

Michelle, the make up artist was absolutely wonderful! Not only so sweet and beautiful, She made my makeup stunning! The trial went perfectly. And even better.. she did my mom, bridemaid's and me, the bride's, make up so natural and perfect the day of the wedding. Perfectly, high-lightened our natural features. My makeup remained perfect all night, felt light weight .

Michelle from Ciao Bella I would most highly recommend! So nice, sweet, professional, arrived on time, and affordable priced. I wish I could use her for every event I have. But it was a destination wedding.

Sent on 05/26/2018
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 05/20/2017

Renae at Ciao Bella was simply wonderful! She is super talented and super hardworking (seriously wouldn't take a break for like 5 hours until bride, MOH and MOB looked stunning and perfect). The event coordinator at our venue (Key Largo Bay Marriott) recommended Ciao Bella over other hair and make-up service providers that were closer -- and I'm so glad I took her recommendation. Renae did a trial for me when we were down to visit the venue. She worked with my ideas and came up with a look even better than I imagined. I almost never wear make-up and some artists struggle with the natural look on my fair-to-pink skin tone, blue eyes and blonde hair, but Renae just nailed it - both times. When I found out I was going to be 5 1/2 months pregnant for my big day, my friend who had seen my trial said not to worry because no one would be able to take their eyes off my face to look at my belly - the make-up was that good. Stunning. But not at all gaudy or overdone. Hard to achieve for a beach wedding, but she did an amazing job. Can't rave about her enough! After the trial Renae even texted with me and helped me pick out the right extensions and prepare for the new dress to fit my new figure. I gave a half star off responsiveness only because the salon/Bella was not the best at responding to email. But don't let that put you off. The quality of the work/art was totally worth it!

Sent on 06/01/2017

Ciao Bella Salon and Day Spa's reply:

Thank you so much for the heartfelt review! Renae does work very hard and her work is exquisite ❤️ We appreciate constructive criticism, regarding email communication I did check and we email quite a bit together, but sometimes over the weekend it's hard to respond when we don't have access to the schedule. Renae informed me that she's been keeping in touch with you like you stated and I'm so happy you're going to be a mom. Wish you all the best on your journey as a couple and to be parents! Love Bella ❤️

McKenzie · Married on 09/03/2016

Bella and her team ROCKED! My wedding day makeup was PERFECT and I could not have been happier. I TOTALLY changed what I was looking for from what they did for my trial, but it still worked out great. I had 12 in my bridal party so they let us totally take over and even bring in a caterer for food. It was a great experience! Yes, it is expensive, but it is your WEDDING so its worth it! I would definitely choose Ciao Bella salon again.

Sent on 10/10/2016

Michelle · Married on 05/16/2015

Ciao Bella accomodated a large portion of our bridal party for spray tans and for our nails. They made us feel very welcome, comfortable and honestly it was the best pedicure i've ever had! They even made my flower girl feel so special having her nails done for the first time!

Sent on 05/24/2015

Thank you Michelle !

Gigi · Married on 05/24/2014

I got my hair and makeup done at Ciao Bella Salon and Day Spa for my wedding day. I looked and felt like a movie star. Michelle Bertelli did all my hair and makeup. I would recommend her to anyone that needs her services for any special occasion. Thank you Michelle and Ciao Bella Salon for providing wonderful beauty services for my friends and family. Not only that, but thank you for your relaxed and enjoyable FL Keys atmosphere and hospitality to all of us.
    Best Wishes, Gigi

Sent on 06/18/2014

Ciao Bella was a great place to have bridal party hair styling. Bella is the store owner and was always available each and every time I called her. Unfortunately I ended up having to cancel a few appointments and they were happy to do so and didn't get upset with me. They were on-time and had all 6 up-do's plus a child's hair style finished in just a few hours. My only complaint is that the hair style pricing is completely subjective; I would have them confirm prices before you go in, or at least pin-point the max pricing. I had a few girls get upset because the pricing was $25-30 more than what was anticipated. With that being said, Bella worked with us and we were all very pleased with the outcome. Michelle does hair and makeup and for all the brides out there, you should definitely request Michelle. She is a PRO and fantastic!

Sent on 02/27/2013