Chubb Hotel & Conference Center Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

Jack W. Married on 04/03/2021

Wow! Wow! Wow!

My daughter’s wedding was held at the Chubb in mid-October of 2019. Everything was perfect. Our guests were gushing over the venue, the food (Garces is the Chubb’s exclusive caterer), and the hotel accommodations. I have previously attended several corporate events and private parties at the Chubb so none of this came as a surprise to me. It is what I have come to expect from the Chubb. Our 140 guests, on the other hand, were BLOWN AWAY by the quality of the event. Everything was on-time, top notch and perfect as advertised. About 80 of the guests, including the whole wedding party, stayed overnight at the Chubb both Friday and Saturday night during the wedding weekend. Having so many friends and family staying overnight turned what would otherwise be a 6-hour wedding event into a 2.5 day love fest. Unforgettable for all who experienced it.
    Katie Schultz, the Chubb’s Director of Sales & Marketing was terrific and a pleasure to work with. Erika Emmerling, the Chubb’s Catering Sales Manager was our primary event contact. I cannot say enough about Erika’s professionalism, attention to detail, and bedside manner. She was always attentive and accommodating during the months and weeks leading up to the wedding weekend. During the day of the event, she was ever present and handled every request and potential issue with aplomb and a big smile on her face. She acted the role of personal assistant to the Bride and Groom during the ceremony and reception assuring all their needs were met. She was a calming influence throughout.
    Three days after the wedding, my wife and I are still basking in the afterglow of the Chubb wedding experience. WORTH EVERY PENNY.

Jack,

It was our pleasure! You and Wendy are an absolutely pleasure! I can not wait to see some of the beautiful photos of Hayley and Seth!

Best,
    Erika
  • Hillary
    Hillary Married on 09/21/2019

Fabulous experience, start to finish

We had a wonderful experience working with the Chubb to host our September 2019 wedding. The property itself is beautiful, making it a gorgeous backdrop for a wedding. The majority of our guests were from out of town, so being able to stay on site with them made the whole wedding weekend so much more fun.

The Chubb team is FANTASTIC! Everyone we worked with was so responsive and accommodating, making sure we felt great about every decision along the way. Special shout out to Erika, who went out of her way and worked tirelessly to make sure we had the best day.

The food and facilities surpassed our expectations, and we could not have been happier with how everything turned out!

Hillary,

I had such a fun time planning with you and your family, you all are so much fun! I wish you and Chris all the joys you desire in life and many years of laughter!

All the Best,
    Erika
  • Juman
    Juman T. Married on 08/24/2019

Easy and reliable

My fiance and I both had to be out of state while planning the wedding, it took us less than 3 months to plan the it and everything was easy and smooth. I almost felt like I was doing something wrong because the process was so easy, but we had the wedding day that we wanted, and it exceeded my expectations.
    Our guests loved the indoor / outdoor option for the cocktail hour, they enjoyed the venue so much, and the food was amazing.
  • Tatyana
    Tatyana Married on 05/18/2019

Gorgeous place with the best service and food!

Words can't describe how thankful I am for everyone at Chubb who made our wedding sooo soo amazing! I had my wedding reception here and it was absolutely beautiful! The staff was very professional and extremely accommodating.The food provided by Chubb was all very good and the servers were very attentive and wonderful! They allowed us to bring our own desserts and even made a traditional ukranian appetizer we asked for. The entire wedding party was amazing! It's been over two week and people are still talking about how delicious the food was and how much there was of it!They made the planning process so much smoother for me. I especially want to thank Erika for keeping the event moving and solving all the small issues and working with all my other vendors to coordinate the event. She was amazing all through the process! She was our guardian angel at our wedding, she even put food on my plate so I could eat a little on my own wedding, that was so sweet! She and everyone at Chubb went ABOVE AND BEYOND! Cannot recommend this place enough! Also the atmosphere around the place is serine!!! Our cocktail hour was so beautiful outside with all the green around, looked like we were up in the mountains somewhere! If you are looking to have your wedding at a beautiful place that has a stunning nature and scenery around this is the best place around Philadlephia!

Chubb Hotel & Conference Center's reply:

Thank you Tanya! We truly enjoyed hosting your & Klajdi's special day! Congratulations and much happiness for years to come to you both :)
    Katherine Married on 09/08/2018
    Incredible service, everyone was extremely attentive especially Madison. She made our day perfect and we attribute everything to her.
    April Married on 07/07/2018
    We knew at first sight that Chubb would be our venue. The grounds are gorgeous and the facilities immaculate. Having dined at other Jose Garces restaurants, we were certain the food wouldn’t disappoint. And the menu tasting confirmed just that. We were equally impressed with the amount of food included.

When it came to organizing our big day, the Catering Manager (Madison G) is phenomenal! She kept in constant communication with me and my Wedding Planners (the Wedding Workshop Boutique). They shared that Madison is the best on-site coordinator they’ve worked with. She took our ideas and executed flawlessly. Plus she made it look effortless.

Our guests throughly enjoyed the property - both the hotel rooms and the hospitality of the staff. My mom and family couldn’t talk enough about how accommodating everyone was.

Without a doubt Madison and the team at Chubb made our dreams come true!
    Jill Married on 06/02/2018
    I had the time of my life and so did my husband!!
    Kimberly Married on 09/16/2017
    My husband and I tied the knot at The Chubb Hotel & Conference Center on 9.9.17 and couldn't have picked a better venue! My husband and I were living in California while planning our Philadelphia wedding. The Chubb was very flexible in working with us from the other side of the country, as well as with both of our parents who were local. We had a great time at the tasting and they were able to accommodate us as well as my parents. We had multiple vendors on the day of our wedding and Stephanie who is the wedding coordinator had everything organized to the minute. We can't recommend this venue enough!
    John Married on 09/09/2017
    Our wedding of 09/09/2017 was flawless. The entire facility, staff, location etc., and especially Stephanie under her leadership could not have been better and in fact exceeded our expectations. I would highly recommend that you consider Chubb for your venue....................
    Deborah Married on 07/08/2017
    The Chubb Hotel & Conference Center excelled this weekend for my son and daughter-in-law's wedding. Everything was perfect! The staff was so professional and anticipated every need, making sure that we had a perfect wedding weekend. The Marquis and American ballrooms are amazing with windows everywhere and wonderful views and balconies to venture out on and enjoy the evening. The cocktail party on the main level was great, with guests able to relax on the plentiful seating or go outside to enjoy the day or play pool and other games in that area -- yet each area was linked so that no one left the party! Many guests commented how the site alone was terrific. But then you add in the delicious food and the incredible service and you have a superlative filled wedding. As an example of their service, a server reached out to me and made sure I had something to eat when she noticed I was too busy socializing to do so. And I was the MOG and really not specially identified! I was totally surprised by this level of attention. The food was enticing. We had the Chicken Torchon and the Short Ribs, along with the best appetizers anyone had tasted, including the bacon wrapped dates, the scallops with pork belly and the Village Whisky sliders. People were arguing over which food was best! We all stayed at the Chubb, too, and the rooms are perfect - comfortable, well appointed, with great balconies and views. I want to thank Stephanie Carr, Catering Sales Manager extraordinaire, who handled every detail easily and professionally. Jason, who supervised the event, made us feel relaxed all afternoon and evening, knowing that the details were in his capable hands. Special shout outs to Joe and the other desk people, Bevan, Christina and Jim (?) who tended bar for us, and Jerome and the other servers/wait staff who were so terrific.
    Kim Married on 06/17/2017
    Planning our daughter's wedding here was the perfect choice! Every single staff member was courteous, helpful and knowledgeable. Our wedding coordinator, Stephanie was incredible! The facility is beautiful and the food was delicious. The complex is rather large and spread out, so with the weather being uncooperative for our planned outdoor ceremony, our guests did have to navigate through the sometimes confusing complex, but there was always a friendly staff member to help everyone get to where they needed to be. The staff jumped through hoops to work around the change to bring the ceremony indoors and retain the feel of the intended plan. Thank you for making our weekend a beautiful and memorable experience!
    Susan Married on 05/28/2017
    I cannot recommend this venue highly enough! We worked with Stephanie Carr, who literally made our dreams come true! The venue and staff were exquisite, and we wouldn't change a thing if we could do it all over again :)
    Nicole Married on 03/04/2017
    We fell in love with this venue from the moment our car turned onto the property! Everything about Chubb is modern, yet classic, and exceptionally maintained. We originally found this venue because we were looking for a non-traditional ballroom that had rooms onsite for our many out-of-town guests to stay, but with Chubb, we got so much more-- we got the pleasure of working with Stephanie! Our wedding went smoothly and was even more perfect than we could have ever imagined, and we credit that fully to Stephanie. Besides always answering our many questions promptly, she provided incredible solutions to any concerns and great recommendations for other vendors. In short, Stephanie was the real MVP of our wedding planning experience. I would recommend this venue to anyone, as there is no part to regret or aspect to change.
  • Christine
    Christine Married on 10/08/2016
    Planning our wedding was truly a family event due to myself, the bride, and my husband living in Maryland and getting married at home in PA. From the moment both of our families walked in Chubb for the initial tour, we felt at home and welcomed on these beautiful grounds! After the tour/discussion of packages and costs, we were all blown away that we ended up booking our date. Our families and I could not have asked for a better planning experience. Some things that stood out:
    1. Our wedding coordinator was Cheryl. I cannot put into words how appreciative I am of her. Cheryl worked her butt off to make sure that our day was perfect. Since I was in MD, and our parents in PA, Cheryl would meet multiple times with our parents to plan, gather materials or express ideas. Ever since our first meeting, Cheryl wrote down absolutely everything we wanted our wedding to be, and never forgot what we said. She did not miss a beat! Since I was in Maryland, and a very visual person, Cheryl even went as far as to set up our place card table/guestbook table prior to the event and emailed it to me to show what everything would look like. Walking into the cocktail space and reception space the day of the wedding gave me tears. Cheryl went WAY above and beyond with the vision I tried to relay to her and she made sure the little details that were important to me stood out. She is the BEST there is!
    2. Food/Tasting Experience: One word, amazing. Our guests are STILL raving about the food and presentation! It was very often described as "top shelf" by our family and friends. What I, the bride, loved was the tasting experience. Walking in I had no idea what to expect. We walked into the brunch area to find a formal table set up with the menu of our tasting choices. We were then served as guests would have been served at the wedding, beautiful and delicious dishes! We got to make menu changes right then and there and we got to meet the chef. Very professionally done!
    Rachel Married on 09/10/2016
    One of the best decisions my husband Jeff and I have made was in choosing Chubb Hotel and Conference Center for our wedding venue. The beautiful landscape surrounding the site, location, Wofgangpuck later changed to Garces catering (even better), in addition to the on-site hotel was a perfect fit for our needs. Our entire wedding planning experience would not have been as fun and gone as seamless as it did without Chubbs amazing wedding cooridnator Stephanie. Her lovely personality, attentiveness, organization, pleasant demeaner, and ability to handle my groomzilla was all a bride could ask for. My incredible husband was very involved with the wedding planning process and having Stephanie coordinating everything with him was a dream. Every email and all of our many questions were always answered. We never had a single problem or issue occur. All of our wishes and requests granted. Looking back the entire process was almost too good to be true. If I had to choose, the only issue I could think of was with deciding which hor dourves we wanted for cocktail hour, simply put because they all sounded amazing! But of course the fabulous Stephanie helped us with this too. I could also write a whole review about the food alone but to make it short the food was absolutley heavenly. It was all tasty, savory, rich, and flavorful. Everything tasted exactly the way it did at our tasting. Garces catering rocks! Our family and friends keep talking about how delicious the food was. Kudos to Stephanie for helping us pick out aewsome choices. She really went above and beyond in helping make our big day turn out perfect. She is truly an exceptional gem. We are sad that our two fun years of planning are over and are going to miss our frequent contact with Stephanie but could not be happier with how everything came together. Thank you for helping make our wedding a fairytale.

-Rachel Pao

Sharon Married on 09/03/2016
    Everything-everyyyything- was incredible from the first tour of the property to the after party. Stephanie is a true professional and ridiculously good at what she does. Through every step she was supportive of our vision and patient with my bridal brain! Garces group catering is equally incredible. If you have ever hit a Garces restaurant you know you're getting amazing quality and flavor. We knew we were in good hands but that didnt stop us from still being I awe of how beautiful everything was and how smoothly it all went. I can't recommend the venue or staff enough. From the front desk to our attendant throughout the reception everyone is fantastic!
    Julie Married on 08/14/2016
    Often people will read a perfect review and think it's cliche or overblown - THIS IS NOT THE CASE. We could not have asked for a better venue. It was truly PERFECT. People kept telling us before that SOMETHING would go wrong during our wedding day - "It happens to everyone." But NOTHING went wrong. From start to finish, Chubb nailed it. We had many requests, questions, demands (my husband asked for a bigger TV so him and his groomsmen could play video games!!! - and Chubb made it happen). And it all starts with Stephanie. She's truly one-of-a-kind, and by the end of the process we dubbed her "SUPERWOMAN." She was exceptional. Everyone felt taken care of and comfortable with her. No e-mail was unanswered. No potential problem was unsolved before it could become a problem. She was on top of everything, and her calm, pleasant demeanor was perfect for us. We could never be stressed when Stephanie was present, as she always had things under control. She knew what we needed before we needed it. Everything went beyond smoothly at Chubb. Cocktail hour - PERFECT. Cocktail stations - our guests called the best ever. Dinner food - EXCELLENT. Dessert h'ors douerves - an amazing idea that everyone loved! And BRUNCH - WOW. The fact that guests can stay on site is just an amazing bonus - it gave us a destination wedding feel, without shlepping everyone across the ocean. We loved Chubb. We are sad our wedding is over, but so glad we chose this venue, because it helped us have the wedding of our dreams.
    Lauren Married on 08/13/2016
    The Chubb Hotel and Conference Center could not have turned out any more perfect and who made our wedding day undoubtedly unforgettable!! Stephanie Carr, our event coordinator and a true professional, provided assistance with every step of the planning process. Stephanie gave meticulous attention to detail and seamless orchestration of the many wedding bits & pieces throughout our wedding day. The entire staff (Accommodations, Food Service and Event Planning) provided excellent room accommodations, impeccable food and service and their attention to detail was top notch.
    We came to the Chubb with a vision, which was not only met but exceeded. We had a Wedding Ceremony that was magical and a Reception that our friends say was one of the best they have attended. It has been three weeks since the wedding and we are still receiving compliments from our guest. A huge thank you for helping us create a wonderful memory!
  • W
    W Married on 08/06/2016
    I highly recommend Stephanie Carr and Katie Schultz from the Chubb Conference Center as your venue planners. We changed our wedding to this venue a month before our August wedding. Stephanie and Katie made a very stressful process seamless and we are so grateful to them.

When humidity hit and we realized our original outdoor venue could not comfortably accommodate our guest size, we knew a venue change was necessary. Chubb was nearby, and thankfully the Marquis ballroom was available. It is a stunningly scenic venue and we were able to have our tented ceremony outdoors on a hill overlooking their beautiful natural property, while keeping our guests comfortable later with an indoor reception. The cocktail hour on the combined open and covered Marquis patio and the reception in the Marquis ballroom also met our desire to provide a natural feeling with amazing views.

Stephanie and Katie helped us to transition our vendors to the new location. They walked us through each step of the wedding process and impressed us by how each detail we mentioned was carefully attended to. They were always available to answer questions in the weeks approaching our wedding day. The Garces food catered at the center and the way our florist decorated the ceremony site and the ballroom are still raved about by our guests. Ushers greeted our guests and staff were assigned to give them iced tea as they arrived. Katie displayed a “lego” figurine at the head table, set up photographs of close family that were no longer with us and made sure activity bags for the children were placed at the seating cards table.

The majority of our guests ended up staying at the Chubb Hotel and gave rave reviews of the breakfast buffet.

If you are looking for a place close to Philadelphia, but offers a beautifully manicured, expansive outdoor environment and, if you have a desire to work with exceptionally professional staff, I recommend the Chubb Conference Center as that venue.
  • User2717355 2+ years ago
    Our guests raved all night about how great our wedding was. The food was amazing every appetizer was mouth watering, and the passable desserts were awesome. Planning was stress free , Cheryl is the best , could not have done it without her help. Never was a email unanswered , or a request turned down. It was great being able to spend time with our guest all night since they didn't need to leave to get to their hotel and breakfast was included with their stay.
    Jamie Married on 05/29/2016
    Work with Stephanie! She was not only my catering sales manager, but my therapist. Nothing was ever a problem, even if it was... her commitment to impeccability was second to none. Her understanding of the industry was palpable at every turn. She had solutions to EVERY obstacle we brought her. She knew how to make everybody happy (and that is not an easy task!). I have the utmost respect for her and I just adored the venue. The Chubb Hotel and Conference Center is a GORGEOUS venue nestled in Lafayette Hill- I never knew it was there and each time I drove onsite to have a meeting for the wedding, I was taken back by its beauty. The food for our wedding was AMAZING! I was always of the opinion that catered food for a large party is never that good- because it is for a large party.... I was wrong. This food was incredible. Our guests were delighted at every turn and I get to keep reliving amazing stories about our reception. We also chose to have our rehearsal dinner there on the new outdoor patio and it was the perfect setting to begin our wedding weekend (I started crying when I saw how amazing it was all set for our guests). The facility made last minute accommodations for us to have video to accompany speeches at rehearsal (we asked them the night before!)-- they made it all happen. The staff is AMAZING! I could go on for days about the staff- they were so incredible. Have your wedding here. It's a sensational facility.
    Michelle Married on 05/07/2016
    If you're looking for somewhere to get married and you'd like it to be beautiful, amazing, and easy - this is your place!! Stephanie coordinated everything and made planning so enjoyable. She is truly a treat to work with! I felt so relaxed the entire planning process and even the whole wedding day and night. We felt so well taken care of and so did our guests! The food was amazing and the venue is gorgeous. After a week of rain, we were treated to nice weather and an outdoor cocktail hour where guests got to see the phenomenal beauty of the grounds! Booking our wedding here was the best decision ever!
    Ellen Married on 10/03/2015
    Daniel Briones and all the staff at the Ace Center were very professional and a great pleasure to work with from start to finish for my daughter's wedding. Daniel's suggestions were excellent as he guided us well on what items really added to the event and which weren't so essential. The food was great and presented beautifully. The only one criticism was that the passed hors d'ouevres needed to come out on larger platters so more people could get them at the same time. But everything was delicious and this dd not detract from the evening. number of people commented that this was the best wedding they had been to.
    The rooms are beautiful and all our guests were very happy to be in the same space as the wedding. The breakfasts were excellent also.
    I would highly recommend the Ace Center for any event.
    Lauren Married on 07/11/2015
    If you are looking for a unique wedding reception, ACE Conference Center is the place to go. My husband and I had 245 guests in the Lafayette Ballroom and all of our guests raved about everything- the room and how beautiful it was, the food, the cocktail hour, how nice the wait staff is, updated bathrooms, large dance floor, and more. We didn't want a typical ballroom, and what's great about ACE is you can decorate in a variety of ways- rustic, modern, etc. The exposed brick and lighting are real nice. You can add draping and other items to customize the venue which is really fun. We wanted our guests to go to a reception that was unlike any other typical wedding receptions and that's exactly what we got. The food is catered by Wolfgang Puck and is delicious. And, you can get pictures right at ACE which has a beautiful background for wedding photos. And, the hotel is right there on site so our guests went from our wedding reception, to the after party at the hotel lobby, right to their rooms. ACE is an amazing wedding reception venue. Hearing what our guests said, and continue to say after, confirms how great this place is for a wedding reception.
  • Samantha
    Samantha Married on 06/20/2015
    My husband and I had our wedding at ACE Conference Center this past June 2015. While normally associated with conferences, ACE is taking it to another level with weddings. They have recently renovated the ENTIRE complex for an upscale, contemporary feel. No one we talked to had ever been to a wedding at ACE, which also gave it a unique perspective like a hidden gem in the rough. Daniel Briones, our coordinator and the GM, is the most responsive person, has the highest level of taste and exudes professionalism. If I had a question, he had an answer right away. His competence, along with the natural beautiful landscaping of the golf course and the expansive venue were the reasons ACE was the final choice! The ballroom and event spaces can easily be transformed to fit whatever your wedding style is from “country chic” to “romantic” to “contemporary” with an indoor/outdoor feel. Throughout the planning process, it was so easy. During the tasting, we couldn’t decide on one appetizer or dessert, so Daniel suggested alternating them as most attendees share anyway. They have a nice bridal suite with higher ceilings and two bathrooms. There are 120 guest rooms with balconies and the hotel offers a delicious breakfast buffet for guests that stay overnight and has a full lobby bar and lounge. The ballroom comfortably fit our 160 guests with a full band.

Our guests were more than impressed with the 300 acre scenic views. Service was excellent. The food was BEYOND amazing with Wolfgang Puck Catering and the presentation was out of this world. Our only negative from guests is during the cocktail hour the hors d’oeuvres were gone so fast, they didn’t make it around to everyone on the far side! A lot of other places tempt you with food option overload, but at ACE it is quality over quantity. I think that ACE is the up and coming wedding venue in the Philadelphia – suburbs area. I would highly recommend ACE for your wedding. I wish I could go back and do it all over again.