Chrysler Museum of Art Reviews

47 Reviews for Chrysler Museum of Art

Chrysler Museum of Art 1
Chrysler Museum of Art 2

Kristin · Married on 05/14/2011

Our wedding was absolutely perfect! From the venue, to all of our vendors, we could not have been more pleased!

Sent on 03/23/2012

The Chrysler museum is an absolutely fantastic location for a wedding. We chose it based on the unique features and it just took our breath away! I would highly recommend this venue if you are looking for something unique yet timeless. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because we weren't able to take pictures in the art galleries, but it's not that big of a deal - there's more than enough other opportunities around the museum!

Sent on 06/11/2014

Christine · Married on 09/04/2016

Working with Elise to get the perfect date was so easy. We got very lucky with a cancellation on labor day weekend and were able to save money by doing it on a Sunday. We knew Huber court was the setting of our dream wedding and Elise made sure we got what we wanted. Huber Court is BREATHTAKING, you don't have to do anything with it, it just speaks for itself. Amazing! It is totally worth the price.

Sent on 09/14/2016

RENEE · Married on 09/03/2016

We knew as soon as we stepped into the doors and saw all of the beautiful natural light coming down from the enormous sky lights shining on the stairs and marble lobby floor, that this was the place! Working with Michael and Mary was a breeze, they host hundreds of weddings a year so things ran smoothly with no hiccups. The entire Chrysler team was professional, and courteous. Unfortunately our reception was cut short by 3 hours due to Hurricane Hermine, and we were't able to secure any discount or refund as this was due to weather. The Chrysler did allow us to take our photographs (originally planned for the gardens and out front) upstairs with the exhibits which produced very beautiful and unique photographs! All in all, the guests raved about the venue, it was as beautiful as we expected and a truly memorable day.

Sent on 09/29/2016

I only wish they were bigger to accommodate more people! The place is beautiful. As little decoration or as much as you want. But the museum is gorgeous enough to stand on its own!

Sent on 04/07/2016

Venue was wonderful. Huber Court was just beautiful. The staff was very cooperative and accommodating. Our family was very satisfied.

(Our only disappointment was the inability of our guests to hear well. The acoustics/sound system wasn't the best. We hired the recommended DJ just to announce things, but that just didn't quite work out.

Sent on 04/23/2016

TNora · Married on 08/30/2014

Mary at the Chrysler is your go to person! She not only helped with our event details at the museum but also helped us get into contact with potential vendors when we weren't able to reach them. Mary constantly goes the extra mile to keep clients happy! We were able to see the museum during the renovations and she helped us to visualize the final product and think of how we would integrate the beautiful aesthetics of the museum with our money. You don’t need to do too much, because the museum is beautiful already. The only downfall is that you must have a coordinator with a valid business license. This was an added cost that I felt was kind of unnecessary because there are a lot of brides that are very organized on their own and a lot of people can handle the job of coordinating a wedding who may not have a business license (i.e. your family member or church coordinator). Overall our day was amazing and the beautiful venue added that special touch.

Sent on 12/06/2014

Melissa · Married on 05/25/2014

The only detail of my wedding I had ever planned before I got engaged was to get married the the Chrysler Museum. Everything ended up being more gorgeous than I could have imagined! I got loads of comments on how amazing and unique guests found the location. If you don't mind the museum limitations (and curve balls that may come from traveling exhibits), this is the most amazing place to get married in the area.

It was a bit stressful that they were scheduled to be closed for renovations until two months before the wedding. It was frustrating that every time we asked about the re-opening we were told not to worry, everything would be fine, and then the re-opening was pushed back to two weeks before the wedding. There wasn't anything that could be done about it but Mary, our contact at the museum, did a pretty good job of fielding my parents panic. I'm sure they weren't giving her updates on the renovations as weddings are not their top priority (it is a museum). However, I thought Mary did the best she could with what information she had.

I did get notice of the giant inflatable duck sculpture two months before the wedding. The amount of people that came to see it did limit our access to other gardens and galleries for pictures but that's what happens when you get married at a museum.

PRO: gorgeous and unique setting; indoor and outdoor options in one; rental includes chairs, tables, dishes, and flatware; friendly staff (will try to accommodate you as best they can within museum limitations)

CON: no candles; no red wine at cocktail hour; limitations on time (must be after closing); changing limitations due to exhibits; exclusive caterer deal (everything was great but if you have your heart set on something other than Cuisine & Co. you would have to choose)

If the limitations don't deter you, you should absolutely get married here!

Sent on 07/29/2014
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 07/11/2009

Gorgeous! The staff is very professional. Mia Byrd was very helpful. I was planning a wedding out of town and had to communicate mostly via e-mail. She usually responded right away. We didn't have any problems. They have a great preferred vendor list. Dina with Cuisine and Company did a great job. Everyone said it was the prettiest wedding reception they've ever been to. You can rent out the entire museum for the night for an extra $1,000.00 We opted not to b/c we wanted to keep everyone in the same area so we could celebrate with them. There are some small catches. You do have to use their caterer - Cuisine and Company - but they're great. They may cost a little more than some others, but there's a reason. The food is great and so is the service. Chrysler has a preferred vendor list and if you use some one not on that list - you have to give them proof that that person/vendor has a business license and insurance up to a certain amount, so you couldn't save money by having Grandma do your flowers unless she was literally a pro. You can't serve or carry red wine in Huber Court unless you pay $500.00. My guests didn't seem to notice or complain we had 2 full bars and no red wine. Also, the 'Norfolk Keels' (sp?) don't come down. The colored tarps hanging from the rafters are 'works of art' and will not be taken down for your wedding. I didn't mind - it was still beautiful and added more color to our reception. We were worried about having a band there with the acoustics, but it wasn't a problem at all. I highly recommend visiting their website and watching the wedding video and looking at the wedding album. It will give you goosebumps. Then visit the museum. It's even better in person!

Sent on 07/29/2009

Shaunte · Married on 11/21/2015

The Chrysler Museum was awesome! I highly recommend this venue. It made my wedding day everything I dreamed of and more. The day of staff was professional and great. The had dressing rooms with mirrors and lighting. We were able to drop all of our decor and day of items off the night before. They made sure we had what we needed, one escorted us (I think her name is Darcy) through the museum and was an absolute delight. At the end of the night they were very complimentary. I had one issue with not having access to the piano during the ceremony. At the end of the day, everything else was so perfect that I could totally overlook that issue. We highly recommend these vendors: Stage Right Lighting, Cuisine and Company for catering (no other option expensive but great service and super tasty food), Vizink Weddings for videography, Keith Cephus Photography, and DJ Rob Stacks. We also used their preferred vendor Pearl Taylor from Uniquely Yours for wedding coordination. I would not recommend her. She was unprofessional and rude the day of the wedding. The Chrysler Museum is hands down one of the best wedding venues in VA.

Sent on 12/14/2015

Kara · Married on 07/11/2015

3.5

This location was my first and ONLY choice for a wedding/reception. They were amazing. It was odd having security escort us around but I completely understand why. Plus they were very accommodating. Be aware that their closing time is VERY strict. There is no lingering after your reception time is over. HIGHLY recommend

Sent on 07/23/2015

Jill · Married on 04/21/2012

The Chrysler was a really gorgeous venue for our wedding ceremony and reception. We got so many compliments on the space, and several vendors told us it's the best place in the area to get married. We had a paperwork mix-up with the Chrysler early on, but once that was resolved, things went smoothly. And on the day of the wedding, everything ran like clockwork, and there was a team of people to make sure everything was going well! It was impressive to see!

Sent on 04/24/2012

3.0

The art museum was beautiful and had all the right elements of a beautiful wedding and reception. My only negative against them would be they do have several rules against what you can and cannot do. Very understandable considering all the valuables but just be sure to ask all questions before signing a contact.

Sent on 08/12/2012

Alyssa · Married on 06/24/2017

3.5

We couldn't have picked a better venue. We had both our ceremony & reception here! The special events team is wonderful here. They help ensure your wedding goes flawlessly and they are very professional. Everyone kept saying how beautiful the venue was & how they enjoyed cocktail hour being indoors in the museum. The only thing I wasn't too fond of was how we were basically "pushed out" of the museum. They aren't playing when they say everyone needed to be out at 11:30pm. We had our things in the changing room and at the end of the night, they had all our things in the hallway just thrown around. Right before our send off, I was having to rummage through everything to find what belonged to me before I got into our limo. If they were in the room, we would have easily found what was ours. Since then, we have been missing a couple of items that were in that room prior to the wedding. Other than that, we would recommend the Chrysler, as they really know how to run a wedding smoothly. You don't need much to decorate that place since the museum is already beautiful!

Sent on 07/15/2017

Casie · Married on 06/30/2012

3.5

Overall, I had a great experience dealing with the CMA. My point of contact changed a few times but within a day or two I was always recontacted by someone to answer my questions. The CMA offers an absolute beautiful space for a wedding/reception, however, I did an all in one wedding where the ceremony and reception were set up together, solely using the Huber Court, so it would have been great receiving a slight discount for that. All in all, it was beautiful and I thank each CMA representative.

Sent on 07/13/2012

Racquel · Married on 10/29/2011

3.0

The perfect venue! It was breathtaking!!! We could not believe it was our reception when we arrived!!! This museum is magical and offered so much to our guests! The caterer is phenomenal (see my review of Cuisine and Co) and my guests are still talking about the food, layout and how quickly everyone was fed!!! When we look at our pictures, we are reminded that we had a fairytale setting for our fairytale wedding and all we brought was our love

Sent on 01/04/2012
  • Monti

Monti · Married on 07/28/2019

July Wedding

Everyone was helpful, venue was beautiful. It was weird having to do the rehearsal while the museum was open. People kept walking in front of us making it difficult to get everything done in a hour.

Sent on 08/02/2019

Chris · Married on 07/11/2015

2.5

The Chrysler Museum was simply a live action fairytale. It was just beautiful. The staff was very helpful before the wedding. During the wedding they were…nice. Though I understand it, the security was a bit much; they didn’t seem to be very flexible. One example: it was hurricane conditions on the day of my wedding and my mother, who was already dressed, came in through the front door and was promptly asked to go around to the service entrance in the pouring rain where they were letting in the wedding party instead of escorting her through the museum. Rules are one thing but there has to be exceptions sometimes. Bottom line, beautiful place, guests love looking at the exhibits during cocktail hour but be prepared for the security.

Sent on 08/08/2015

Amanda · Married on 10/11/2014

3.0

I have known for a very long time that I wanted to get married at the Chrysler Museum. I am a lover of art history, specifically of the renaissance, baroque, and neoclassical art that dominates the inside and outside of the museum. I chose my venue before I was even officially engaged. So to look back at my experience at the museum, my expectations were high, and for the most part, those expectations were met. Mary Collins was my contact for the venue, and for the most part, she was very responsive and accommodating. The rental was expensive, but the contract included many items that other venues did not.

The two main issues that drove me to a less than perfect rating both originate from the idea of preferred vendors. First, as a bride, I was always looking for the best deal and best value. I had no choice over the catering company that I could use for the reception. The company came highly recommended when it came to their food, and this recommendation proved accurate, but as I expected, the customer service was very poor until I was finally paired with a specific coordinator that cared and was talented in her position.

The other issue I had was the treatment of some of my chosen vendors. It was made clear that the museum personnel treated vendors differently. This was made most clear during my bridal shoot. When looking online at previous bridal portraits, areas in the museum that were open to preferred vendors, were denied access by my photographer and myself. Moreover, during a few meetings, a lack of professionalism was highlighted by some comments appearing to have the purpose of bullying my vendors. I understand that the Chrysler is a well-respected art institution, but by no means should vendors be treated differently because of the price they pay to be listed on a preferred list.

I am so happy with my choice in the Chrysler, and I was happy with how everything turned out. These negative points were very small factors in the overall experience.

Sent on 11/09/2014
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 01/15/2012

3.0

The Chrysler Museum of Art is by far the most beautiful reception site we visited. As a bride coming from DC I could not believe how affordable such an incredible site could be! There were a few staff changed during our planning process, but we were thrilled at the end result! Our guests are still talking about how amazing Huber Court looked on our big day!

Sent on 03/24/2012

3.0

The Chrysler Museum is GORGEOUS for a wedding reception. I loved it, my guests loved it. Mary Collins is extremely nice, responsive and professional and I enjoyed working with her. She was excited and upbeat and accommodating.

The only reason I did not give 5 stars was b/c with the museum comes the caterer- which I did not have a good experience with. Its too bad you do not have a choice- even a choice between 2. When one company has a monopoly like that they become lazy and overpriced.

Overall my guests and myself were wowed by the venue!

Sent on 11/12/2014

Juliette · Married on 08/29/2009

2.8
      2.0
      2.5
      2.0

We had a construction situation one week before our wedding and were not happy with the customer service. However, the staff was extremely helpful an accommodating on the day of our wedding and the venue was beautiful.

Sent on 11/18/2009