Christine, Your Seamstress Reviews

54 | Red Lion, PA

54 Reviews for Christine, Your Seamstress

• User2825900 · 1+ year ago

Christine was a life saver. I ordered my dress online and was having trouble finding someone in the area to do the alterations for me. She was so knowledgeable and made some great suggestions that I loved regarding the hem and the bustle. Her prices were perfect. She only had my dress for about a week and when I cam back for the last fitting I could not have been happier. The dress fit beautifully was steamed and pressed. She really deserves 6 stars because she is that awesome.

Sent on 12/02/2012

alicia · Married on 07/05/2014

Christine did an AMAZING job with my dress. I had a train cut off, and you would not even realize there had been one to begin with. We drove about 90 min, each way to use her services, and I do not regret it at all. Her rates were beyond reasonable, and her work was phenomenal. I already referred her to a friend who is getting married this fall.
    Thanks Christine!
    Alicia

Sent on 07/28/2014

My dress was a major project and I'm so glad I went to Christine. She really knows what she is doing and was able to literally take apart my dress and make it fit my petite frame just right. I'm afraid what would have happened if I ended up anywhere else. She takes her time and does it right!

Sent on 04/24/2014

DAPHNE · Married on 10/12/2013

I recently just had my dress taken in by Christine as well as added a bustle to the dress for the reception and I couldn't be more than pleased! I was nervous considering my dress felt like it was barely hanging on me when I first brought it in but Christine did a fabulous job making it fit perfectly on my frame! Not only was her turn around quick, but after steaming my dress, she hung it on a cardboard dress form for safe keeping when she gave it back! I'm more than pleased with my choice to use her - her prices and services are phenomenal and if my bridesmaids need alterations, I know exactly where I will be going.

Sent on 04/22/2013

Tracey · Married on 09/28/2013

I can't say enough great things about Christine! She made me a beautiful, custom chapel length veil! She will be doing my alterations later this summer, but I thought I'd write a review for the veil first, in case any brides are looking to have one made. I absolutely recommend her!

She was very easy to contact and at my appointment she perfectly matched my gown to one of the several types of tulle she stocks. She then produced a beautiful pearl and lace trim to match it. She expertly constructed the veil to my exact specifications, even hand sewing the lace to the edge. I could not be more pleased with the final product! It definitely exceeded my expectations and the price was absolutely phenomenal! You literally will not be able to beat her price for such a high quality veil.

She is very open to feedback and genuinely loves what she does. It's obvious that she just really wants to make you happy - which I definitely am! I can't wait to see my gown when she's finished!

Thanks again, Christine! Xo

Sent on 04/29/2013

Ashlee · Married on 09/21/2013

Christine was pleasant and accommodating with my school schedule. The alterations are perfection and she truly transformed my vintage gown into something gorgeous and unique. I couldn't have asked for a better experience--go to Christine, you won't be sorry!

Sent on 05/23/2012

Molly · Married on 08/24/2013

I can not express enough gratitude to Christine for her thorough alterations to my wedding gown. She was incredibly detailed and explained every step of the process, leaving me at ease knowing my dress was in her hands. She is very personable and it was obvious that she enjoys what she does. The cost was also a lot less than what I had expected. Driving back to PA from upstate NY was well worth the time because of how wonderful my dress now looks. If you are in need of alterations, I would highly recommend Christine.

Sent on 08/04/2013

Val + Mike · Married on 07/06/2013

Christine is an outstanding seamstress!!! Due to previous alteration issues to my wedding dress, Christine provided alterations which surpassed my expectations.. my dress is now AMAZING! Christine also made this nothing short of a miracle happen for me in just one week for a very affordable price.. I will be forever greatful for her talent, kindness and compassion. I definitely recommend her 100% she is the real deal ladies ;)

Sent on 07/06/2013

Christine, Your Seamstress's reply:

So happy to help you out! You looked amazing!

Laura · Married on 06/22/2013

I was amazed at the work Christine had done on my wedding dress. She met with me for a free consultation, and three time afterward in order to make a dress about 4 sizes too large I bought off the rack look like it was fit perfectly for me. She takes her time and changes the slightest things at each appointment to make my dress look the best on me. She even detached all the lace on the bottom of my dress and moved it up to correct the length because she could not take it up any other way and retain the beauty of the intricate lace at the bottom. I highly recommend her work. She was so pleasant to work with and accommodating when a family event kept me from an appointment. I will be using her services whenever I need dress alterations!

Sent on 07/07/2013

Stacey · Married on 05/26/2013

Christine did a fantastic job with altering my wedding dress and my matron of honor's dress. She is very well knowledgeable in her field and was able to do more with my dress without increasing in price. Very affordable and great work!

Sent on 06/05/2013

Katie · Married on 05/26/2013

Christine is incredible. By the time she was done with my dress, it fit me like a glove! I never would've dreamed my dress could possibly fit as good as it did after all of the alterations it needed. Christine is professional, flexible, and extremely talented. I absolutely 100% recommend her!

Sent on 11/16/2013

Robyn · Married on 05/25/2013

My sister and I went to Christine to get our wedding gowns altered... At the same time.. For our pick up we had to shift around the dates due to my sister having wedding-related events occuring when we planned the pick-up, Christine was VERY flexable with that! I am super excited to see the beautiful bustle she did for me (I didn't need any other alterations, with the exception of some beads fixed and my modesty panel sewn back in)... She was great in explaining everything she was doing, and was sure we were happy before we left the fitting apointment!

Sent on 05/30/2012

Sara · Married on 05/04/2013

Christine is the real deal-! She made my dress fit like a glove and knew by just looking at it what would need to be done to fit that way. I highly recommend her to ensure you are looking your best (and most confident!!) on your special day. I am still so impressed with how professional and efficient she was. Ladies: run (don't walk!) to Christine to ensure a quality fit.

Sent on 05/05/2013
  • Jamie Q.

Jamie · Married on 05/04/2013

Christine was fantastic. I originally only needed a simple bustle. She explained to me how the costs worked and details on my options over the phone. She also agreed to work on my sister's dress too. When my appointment came, I threw her a curveball- I had an ankle injury which meant I now needed to wear flats and hem my dress several inches! I hadn't been able to warn her since it had just happened, and she kindly worked on my hem, the bustle, my sister's alterations all in our appointment. My work needed more time but she managed to get it all done in our first fitting. Her prices were fantastic, her work looked great, and I couldn't have asked for anything more!

Sent on 07/27/2013

T · Married on 03/30/2013

I live in NYC but grew up in the area, where my wedding will be. I chose to have my alterations in PA because I thought that I would find a better quality tailor at a more affordable price. Upon meeting Christine, she immediately began to "analyze" my dress, and I could tell that she was going to be detailed-oriented. My dress has a lot of lace and sequins, and I anticipated that the alterations would be tricky. Christine used pinning to give me an idea of what she was going to do to my dress, which gave me great piece of mind. Each time I met with her, my gown got closer and closer to what I imagined--which is a fitted silhouette with a vintage style. Christine is professional, efficient, and always open to my feedback. Even though the travel back and forth from NYC was tiring, I would not have had it any other way. You will not regret your decision if you choose Christine as your seamstress. Thank you, Christine, for creating the perfect gown for my wedding day!

Sent on 03/03/2013

Christine, Your Seamstress's reply:

Thanks for your kind words and also for taking the time to review my services. I had so much fun working on your Watters WToo Gown. The beautiful fabric and styling of the gown made it a very fun project for me!!! It was also a pleasure meeting your parents!!! Thanks again, Christine

Robyn · Married on 03/25/2013

Christine is amazing! She added the bustle I wanted into my dress, not the one that Alfred Angelo said was \"the only bustle for the dress\". She also reattached some beading that had come off, and seperated some beading from the underlayer of my dress that came that way from Alfred Angelo! Strongly suggested, I will return to Christine if I ever need alterations again!

Sent on 06/11/2013

Christine was very kind and did wonderful work. She made my dress fit perfectly! She explained all of my options and helped me to pick what was best for me. I am very grateful that Christine was in the area to work with and I recommend her to anyone in need of dress alterations.

Thank you Christine for helping to make my wedding day perfect!

Sent on 02/18/2013

Christine, Your Seamstress's reply:

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to review my services!!

carrie · Married on 02/24/2013

I bought my dress from davids bridal but scheduling alterations was a nightmare. A friend referred Christine and the rest is wedding bliss history. She was fast, flexible, and her work is amazing! She gives the utmost attention to detail and if there is a problem she finds or creates the solution. I highly recommend her!!!

Sent on 02/20/2013

Christine, Your Seamstress's reply:

Thanks Carrie for your kind words and taking the time to review my services!

Kristen · Married on 02/22/2013

She is fantastic...affordable, makes great suggestions, and has an extremely fast turn around! Please go here, you will not be disappointed. Far better than anybody you would find at a typical bridal boutique.

Sent on 02/25/2013

Christine, Your Seamstress's reply:

Kristen - after reading your other vendor reviews it appears you had a fantastic wedding experience!!!! I am so glad for that. Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to review my services!!
  • User3072021 · 2+ years ago

Christine is very professional and knows what she is doing. I was nervous about getting alterations done on my dress because it was intricately detailed with beading and lace. Christine was confident that she would be able to alter the dress, which gave me peace of mind when leaving my expensive gown with her. The alterations were flawless and the bustle allowed the dress to lay beautifully during the reception, making it easy for me to dance the night away. In addition, her prices are very competitive, saving me more that $200 in alterations when compared with other quotes that I received. I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 02/17/2013

Christine, Your Seamstress's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, and for taking the time to review my services. It was so much fun to work on your beautiful gown!!

Amy · Married on 12/09/2012

Christine did an amazing job on my dress! It looks and fits perfectly! I couldn't have asked for anything better!

Amy the very pleased bride!

Sent on 11/10/2012

Becky · Married on 11/17/2012

i was so unhappy with my dress after ordering it. it just did not fit like the one i tried on in the store. my chest was too exposed and i didnt want to buy another dress. Christine added a "crumb catcher" to the top of my dress by just sewing in some material and i was covered and happy! people at my wedding said it looked like it was part of the dress! i couldnt have been more comfortable on my big day! thanks Christine!

Sent on 11/21/2012

Linda · Married on 11/17/2012

I have known Christine for more than 20 years. She has provided me with excellent service on many items over those years. Most recently she altered both my daughter's bridal gown and my dress for my daughter's wedding. I'm not quite 5' and purchased a ball gown probably meant for a woman 5'6" to wear. I knew that Christine could work her magic and she did. My daughter's wedding dress was purchased in Pittsburgh, where she resides and where the wedding took place. I urged her to have Christine do the alterations. Although my daughter had to travel back to York for her fittings it was well worth her trips. (Besides getting to visit and do other wedding related things while she was home!) Her gown looked absolutely perfect! Christine is definitely the one you should trust with your wedding dress, mother of the bride or bridesmaid's dresses.

Sent on 11/24/2012

Jackie · Married on 11/17/2012

Christine was amazing to work with. She did a fantastic job on the alterations on my wedding gown.
    I was overjoyed with the final results.

Sent on 12/02/2012

Michelle · Married on 10/27/2012

Christine is absolutly wonderful! I had ordered my dress online and it was nice but needed alot of work. Christine was easy to get ahold of and work with and she most definitely knows her stuff! She did everything I asked and even more! She tailored the dress specifically for me and added her knowledge and expertise with the bussel! I couldn't be more happier with the way my dress turned out thanks to Crhistine. If need any future work done I will be going to her :)

Sent on 09/24/2012