24 Reviews for Chris Malpass Photography

Digital Files (1)
Prints (1)
21 Chris Malpass Photography Reviews

2.2

First I want to say that yes, Chris is a very nice person and was friendly to communicate with. He was flexible and courteous. But that being said, I was very disappointed with the quality of photos I received on my wedding day. There were important shots that a professional photographer SHOULD have taken on someone's wedding day. For example:
1) The bride with their mother while getting ready. There was only one shot of me and my mother together and we're not even looking at the camera...
2) There was no retouching done whatsoever. The majority of photos lacked quality and no it was NOT a lighting issue. My videographer was able to snap some shots and they had no issues with getting clear, lit photos at the reception and on the beach that day so I don't understand why the pictures Chris gave me were unfocused and dim. Also, you can see blemishes on upclose (getting ready) shots on my husband's (the grooms) face. For the amount of money spent, the photographer should have cleaned up and edited small touch ups like that. It would have taken him all of a few minutes.
3) Why would you give me a picture of a FLY on a food plate? Are you kidding me? Our cocktail hour was outdoors and the only picture taken of the cheese display you sent had a fly on it! Come on, really? That just lacks any professionalism.

As I stated above, Chris Malpass was nice, friendly to work with, but I'm simply being honest about my experience. You only have one wedding day and person to capture those moments. For what I spent, I could have done without hiring a photographer because other people who had cameras at my wedding that day took clearer, brighter pictures than he did.

Profile Picture Krisitn, 9/12/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Chris was great from the start! He provided excellent service and took the most amazing photos! He did our engagement pictures as well as our wedding day pictures and they left us breathless. At first we thought it would be awkward to have a camera in our face non stop, but with Chris, it seemed so natural. His sense of humor and witty jokes kept a smile on our faces! He captured our story perfectly. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer. We now have the most amazing pictures that captured every aspect of the most amazing day of our lives!!!

Profile Picture User3752841, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

We couldn't have asked for a better wedding photographer than Chris. From the moment I spoke to him on the phone, to our engagement photos and up until our wedding day he was so amazing to work with. Chris has the ability to fit in and you quickly realize he has never met a stranger. His personality shines and he projects composer in every situation. He makes everyone around him feel at ease. He even went above and beyond normal photographer duties and became an integral part of our day. Our dogs even fell in love with him :) We received our pictures this past week from our wedding and are thrilled with the memories he has left with us forever! I would strongly recommend Chris to anyone that is looking for a qualified compassionate photographer!

Profile Picture Angel, 12/31/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Chris is a humble & talented photographer who's desire is to retell the story through pictures. Our pictures were absolutely amazing (engagement, bridal, and wedding day)! We laughed so hard looking back at our wedding photos. And looking back at them brought back an array of emotions ;). There were so many times we caught ourselves saying "oh yeah I remember that" or ''oh wow I missed that." We love the aerial views, the shot of the water,so many intricate details and most of all the fun had by all...I could go on and on. Thank you for capturing so much of what I didn't see. Thank you for never making me feel like my ideas were silly but worked with me to make them happen. Lasty, thank you for helping me to relax at my bridal session. Big hugs and "thank yous" to you and Leah Kraus, (who was an absolute pleasure to work with) for a job well done. We now have wonderful memories that I can look back on forever...

Profile Picture E, 8/9/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Chris did an amazing job with my bridal portraits and wedding! I have nothing but good things to say about him! He really has a passion for his work and it really shows! I have recommended him to several people and I will continue to recommend him! He is a great person and professional and I was very pleased with all my photographs :)

Profile Picture Brittany, 7/5/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Chris was was the photographer for my daughter's wedding and I couldn't have been more pleased with the way he was able to capture the day! As the mother of the bride the day was a bit of a blur for me and when we got the pictures back, I felt as though the whole thing came alive again!

Profile Picture Jill, 7/5/14, 1 Review
4.7

Chris was very professional and accommodating. He did everything we asked him to do, and everything he said he would do. His portraits were high quality and creative. We definitely recommend him as a wedding photographer.

Profile Picture Patricia, 6/7/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Chris is/was and always has been one of my favorite photographers. I love his work and choosing him to shoot our wedding was a no-brainer. I was SO glad he was available when we set our date because I couldn't imagine having anyone else and I still wouldn't have it any other way.

EVERY one had such a great time with Chris during our weekend's events. He made everyone in our bridal party feel at ease in front of the camera and the whole party RAVED about the photos online. Im still getting compliments.

Ordering Prints was fun and easy and they shipped to my house in less than a week after I selected them from the online gallery. Now Chris has his own gallery framed in our home :)

I would HIGHLY recommend Chris for any special occasion that you wish to capture on film.

Profile Picture Kelly, 5/31/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I would recommend Chris Malpass Photography to anyone getting married in Hampton Roads!!! He is very professional, answered any questions I had without making me wait, he checked in with me often (even though I booked him over a year in advance), and he takes amazing pictures!! He has style and brings light to every detail of your wedding. He never missed a moment; he met us at the salon the morning of my wedding and he didn't leave until we were half way through cleaning up at the reception (9am-8:30pm) and he didn't even stop to eat! He also captures great pictures without being annoying and getting in the way. Most importantly, he is affordable--the cheapest I could find in the area--and his prices are awesome for everything included in the package! He keeps your gallery private but gives you a password so you can share with friends and family. He also provides high and low resolution options for printing and sharing on social media...yes I said social media...there's no logo through them, your pictures are YOURS and you can download them and keep them forever! I couldn't be happier. Thank you Chris for making my special day memorable!!!!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/17/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

His skill, timing, professionalism and preparedness made today effortless. We'll be looking to hire you again when we renew our vows in 25 years or so.

Profile Picture Nick, 4/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Chris is a master of his craft. He knows how to be a part of the event with his energy and his heart while keeping his distance enough to remain completely professional. We love him!! And we love his jokes!

Profile Picture Lisa, 11/9/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We had a wonderful experience with Chris from beginning to end. He is an exceptional photographer and an overall great person (the nice, relaxed, flexible and calming kind of one you want on your wedding day). We were impressed from our first meeting through the delivery of our beautiful image gallery. Chris is highly reliable, always arrives ahead of time, has a quick response time and is very open to ideas and suggestions. He worked really hard to ensure we had all the pictures we wanted and he was able to make everyone in the wedding party very happy (no easy feat, I assure you). I would definitely recommend Chris to anyone looking for a great photographer at an incredible value.

Profile Picture User3127805, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Chris worked with me and my wife for our wedding. He did a phenomenal job. We are just getting around to showing people the pictures from the wedding on the online gallery and you can see the entire wedding day through the pictures. I would highly recommend Chris to my friends, to my family, and anyone else who would ask for photographer in the Newport News/Hampton Virginia area.

Profile Picture George, 9/28/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Chris is an amazing photographer and an overall great person to work with. He is so easygoing and puts everyone at ease. He spent the entire day with us from getting ready to the end of the night. He was able to capture so many special moments because of this and we now have a complete record of our big day. We got so many absolutely gorgeous photos in portrait, candid, abstract/macro, and photojournalism styles. He humored all of my emails and texts and assorted pre-wedding barrages of information with professionalism and wit. I sent him a link to my Pinterest board of wedding photographs and I can tell that he looked at it and learned the kind of photography styles I liked because those styles are reflected in our photographs. He was able to capture our personalities and the overall fun and whimsical style of our wedding. There are so many amazing images for us to get prints of that it's hard to choose! I think one reason he's so good at wedding and engagement photography is because he's a man in love. He knows what love looks like and can capture it in his photographs. If you want someone who is willing to listen to your photography wishes, be there for the entirety of your wedding day, put a smile on your face while he's there, and give you a ton of amazing photographs, then you need to hire Chris. He is an absolute pleasure to work with and he exceeded all of my expectations. I would hire him again in a heartbeat!!!!!

Profile Picture Courtney, 9/1/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Chris was absolutely wonderful to work with! He shot my bridal portraits as well as my wedding and I was just blown away. He is wonderful about making you feel at ease in front of the camera, so much so that you forget he's even shooting. He fit right into my wedding day so seamlessly that everyone forgot he was taking pictures, it's like he was a part of the family instead. He is charismatic and has a wonderful sense of humor that makes him an absolute joy to work with. I definitely plan on using him again in the future!

Profile Picture Kelsie, 6/8/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I am so very glad we choose to use Mr. Malpass as our photographer! He is very professional and does great work. It is hard to beat his pricing as well. I am hoping to use him again in the future.

Profile Picture Kristen, 5/26/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Chris Malpass did an amazing job photographing our wedding! He was easy to work with and made the process, start to finish, enjoyable and stress free! Chris is not just a wedding photographer, but an artist. The pictures we recieved of the landspace and scenery were breathtaking and such a plesant surprise! Every shot he took turned out beautiful and he was able to capture every moment and emotion of the day. The pictures tell a wonderful story! Chris has a warm and friendly personality and told great jokes! I would recommend Chris Malpass to anyone and everyone for all photography needs! Thank you Chris!

Profile Picture Sara, 5/11/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Chris Malpass's Photography is the best around for personal treatment, professionalism, and creativity. We were absolutely thrilled with his work and would highly recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Sean, 10/7/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I could not be happier with our photos! They are beautiful and the service was amazing! Chris was so good to work with and so patient with me! He was prompt, efficient, and a lot of fun!! Thank you so much for making our wedding so memorable!!

Profile Picture Brittany, 9/22/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Chris did my bridal portraits at Bacon's Castle and totally blew me away. He's professional, personable, and most importantly, takes some AMAZING pictures. The photos turned out perfectly and I'd work with him again in a second!

His framing and lighting are great, and the editing was just enough to be a confidence boost (hello, perfect skin!) without making me look like someone else or losing the sense of the original photo.

The turnaround time between shooting and receiving proofs was really quick, and it was impossible to pick favorites from the set he sent me. I loved them all! Not only did the pictures make me look good, but they all looked like art. Any of them would have looked at home on a gallery wall, or in your living room. Such a great way to remember your day!

Profile Picture Lianne, 6/30/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Chris is most definitely a well rounded photographer. When I was looking for a photographer for my big day, Chris was the first person that I thought of. We talked before the wedding and he asked me what I wanted and if there was anything special I had in mind. That showed me that he cared about my big day just as much as I did. He got to the event before I did and did such an amazing job. He even has some funny jokes to make you laugh! I definitely recommend him!

Profile Picture Shannan, 5/19/12, 1 Review