Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

47 Reviews for Chris Leary Weddings

47 Chris Leary Weddings Reviews

Chris did an absolutely amazing job photographing our October wedding at the Brotherhood Winery in Washingtonville, NY. He captured every little detail and took the most beautiful pictures! We are so happy we chose Chris to share in our wedding day. He also delivered our pictures way sooner than we ever expected and we love that we can re-live our wedding through the beauty of his photographs.

~Brittany and Dave
10/3/2015

Profile Picture Brittany, 10/3/15, 10 Reviews
Category: Photography

All I can say is that Chris Leary was amazing throughout the whole process - he really takes the time to make you feel comfortable on camera and has a great eye!

Profile Picture Themistocles, 10/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Chris was great! Very nice, friendly, flexible and the photos came out beautifully.

Profile Picture Joe, 9/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Chris was a pleasure to work with. He listened to what we wanted but also guided us with his professional opinion. He was a great choice for our wedding and I highly recommend !

Profile Picture User4826294, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Chris Leary is an amazing photographer! His journalistic approach is unique and doesn't look like your typical wedding photography! His ability to capture the special moments, spontaneously and without having to "choreograph" the each shot is amazing! I can't recommend this photographer enough. His services are also very well priced. Additionally, he's the ultimate professional, a very sharp dresser and is a pleasure to deal with (all of which are important since your photographer interacts with your guests)! Highly, highly recommend! A ++++++++++

Profile Picture Michele, 6/21/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband and I selected Chris as our photographer for our West Point chapel wedding and are very pleased with the decision! Chris did fantastic with the dim lighting and the chapel's flash limitations, which was my biggest concern. His experience and skill was evident through the whole affair. Our formal portraits were mid-afternoon, but Chris was particularly careful to position photos in the soft lighting under trees. Everyone loved his relaxed style and sense of humor that allowed us to be at ease and enjoy the occasion. Chris was low key through the whole event, focusing on capturing the moments in real time, but was still able to "take charge" and be creative with the formal photos, which we certainly appreciated! My husband and I are quite impressed with the final shots and would definitely recommend this photographer for quality and value.

Profile Picture Emily, 5/29/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

We had our wedding Saturday, Nov 16th, 2013 in Queens. We couldnt be any happier with our photographer! We found Chris on WeddingWire and fell in love with the style of photography he shows in his portfolio online. Very natural poses, uses alot of natural light...just beautiful. He and his assitant, Ceasar were so professional and friendly! They even helped the groom and his groomsmen get dressed because they didnt know what to do lol. He was SO easy to work with and hustled the entire 10 hours we hired him for. My wedding guests cant stop talking about the fact that he was there for every important moment and all the candid shots he got of everyone dancing and having fun. He took the flash off the camera on the dancefloor so you wouldnt even know he was there and caught you in a natural pose. He joked around with my nutty family and made taking pictures fun! I would highly recommend you book with Chris. He makes you feel so comfortable from the moment you speak to him and you will not regret it.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 11/16/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

We chose Chris to be our wedding photographer, and we couldn’t be happier. He is so lovely and friendly and easy to work with. He made us feel very confident and comfortable immediately. He has a great sense of humor and a good calm disposition. He is also very organized yet personable and go with the flow depending upon the situation. He really went above and beyond the call of duty several times, and you can just tell he really cares about and loves his work and works hard to make sure everyone is happy. And, very importantly, we are absolutely THRILLED with the resulting photographs. We have so many beautiful engagement session photographs that really capture our personalities, and so many incredible wedding day photographs that capture the tone and mood of the event perfectly. We would not hesitate to recommend Chris for your special event photography, and we will definitely keep him in our contacts for any future events we may have.

Profile Picture Jillian, 10/12/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Many different photos. All of them were perfect.

Profile Picture User3447718, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We had Chris shoot our wedding on June 14th and we could not be happier. The photos were gorgeous and his professionalism was top-notch. We have to admit that we looked at many photographers (my husband's an art director and I work in film) and hired him because of the quality of his sample photos. But Chris had a great eye and the photos weren't cheesy. And the package included engagement photos. As a same-sex couple, we also appreciated his sensitivity. There was no "bride" and he understood that we didn't define ourselves in traditional gender roles. Which made us more happy that he was just cool with it all. Couldn't recommend him more!

Profile Picture User3422391, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I have to admit that coming from out of town to get married in NYC made it hard to choose a photographer. I found Chris and it worked out so great. He was fantastic to work with and I love my pictures. Very happy and would definitely recommend.

Profile Picture Kathleen, 4/9/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We came from Manchester, England, to get Married in New York last month. Wedding photography has always been a big deal to me when planning my wedding, as they are the lasting memories of your big day. I needed to find someone I could trust, who had the modern style I was looking for to capture our day. This wasn't so easy, as we were doing everything online and only able to communicate by emails.

We came across Chris Leary on Wedding Wire on our search for photographers, and from the very first email I knew he was going to be perfect. He was so friendly and his portfolio was beautiful, exactly the style I was looking for. We were having a small, intimate wedding, and booked Chris for the day, inviting him to join us for our wedding meal.

Chris was punctual and friendly, and made myself and my guests feel completely relaxed. He just snapped away throughout the day, capturing all our special moments, rarely posing. We booked a vintage cab, and were whisked all around the city to get some remarkable shots. We felt like we were in the safest hands, he knew exactly where to go to capture the perfect pictures. We felt like we were in a magazine shoot.

We are absolutely thrilled with our photographs, they are simply breathtaking. We couldn't have found anyone better for our special day. We would highly recommend Chris, he is incredibly talented.

Profile Picture Samantha, 4/1/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Chris was a wonderful photographer at our wedding this past February! He was available on somewhat short notice, and met with us before the event to talk about what we wanted. He was really good at listening and at making us feel at ease. Then, the day before our wedding, a blizzard hit, causing lots of problems for our out of town guests. But Chris assured us he would be there, and was also flexible when we needed to push the start time back an hour to accommodate the travel problems. At the event itself, he took many fantastic photos. We loved going through them a few weeks after the wedding, and were really happy with the value of his services and quality of his photos. Working with Chris was, in short, great, and we would highly recommend him!

Profile Picture User3213926, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I found Chris Leary through the wedding wire reviews. We originally had a wedding photographer in mind who was a friend of my husbands. But when I found out how expensive he was, I was lost in who to pick so I went to wedding wire and looked up a few reviews. I also went to Chris' wedding website and saw his work and I was completely sold. He was also reasonably priced. I actually think his price is a bargain given how talented he is. So I contacted him and set up a meeting to go meet him. My husband was skeptical since I found him on a website and we didn't know anyone that actually used him but when we met him and saw his work in person, we were sold. Chris was completely personable and he explained all his packages and what he would do. We also got a complimentary engagement session before the wedding so we could get comfortable with him and getting our pictures taken.
On the wedding day, he made us feel completely comfortable. He took all the important pictures, we did our wedding portraits before the wedding ceremony and we took quite a few pictures. Everything was wonderful. We were blown away when we received the pictures. His pictures are beautiful. I was very pleased with the way they came out.
Chris is a complete professional and a great photographer. I was very comfortable with him and he took the most beautiful pictures that I am happy I will have for a very long time.
I am so happy I found him through wedding wire. I would definitely recommend him to everyone!

Profile Picture Mayumi, 10/26/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Chris was amazing. I had a great expierence working with him. He was so helpful along the way. We just got our albu, and I could not be happier! I highly reccomend him.

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/19/12, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography

We first decided to meet with Chris for consultation because we liked the photos we saw in his portfolio and felt his fees were reasonable compared to other photographers in the area. I also liked that the pricing information was very clear and straightforward on his website, and that I didn't have to email or call for pricing. During the consultation, we felt that Chris really listened to us and encouraged us to let him know what kind of photographer we were looking for. Neither my husband nor I like a lot of posing for photos, but at the same time we did need to have some formal posed shots with family and friends, and Chris understood that. Once we decided to book Chris for our wedding, the contract signing was straightforward (and conveniently done on the web), and we were also able to fill out a worksheet (also conveniently on the web) with all the wedding information, which helped all of us to be on the same page with the details. On the actual wedding day, Chris was friendly, professional, and totally unobtrusive. We got our photos a little more than a month after our wedding and are happy with the quality of the photos, and love a lot of the great candid and non-posed shots of us and our guests as well. It really was a great pleasure working with Chris.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/23/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

Chris is absolutely incredible!!! I knew at our first meeting that he was exactly what a bride wants in a photographer. He was FUN, kind, creative, and somehow without even that much background fully understood me and my family and despite all the drama that arose the week of my wedding he rolled with the punches and was supportive and uplifting in so many ways!!! Although I won't be getting married again any time soon.....if I did I wouldn't hesitate to hire Chris again and again. I would recommend him to my dearest friend and/or family member with full confidence he would capture their special day in the same way he did for us!

Profile Picture Deborah, 9/8/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Chris was reliable, responsive, and photographed our event beautifully. I highy recommend Chris without reservation for your next photographic request. You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture User2726676, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Chris was amazing on so many levels. Our wedding was chaotic and stressful. The one thing that stood out...our pictures, beautiful. Chris worked with us and patiently listened and incorporated all of our suggestions and needs.

Looking back at the beautiful photos, I tend to forget how crazy the wedding day was. Thank you Chris, for making our most important day the most memorable.

Profile Picture Charlie, 6/26/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Working with Chris Leary for my wedding was such a pleasure. He took incredible photos, and came out just as we had wanted. We described what style and we liked, and he did just that. He was also really fun and made everyone feel comfortable. Definitely hire him!! You will be extremely happy!

Profile Picture Ashlye, 6/8/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Chris Leary and his team are amazing! The whole process was so easy from our first meeting. I had shopped around online for photographers when my good friend showed me her wedding photos Chris Leary had taken the year prior. Her wedding photos were gorgeous and so I decided to give Chris Leary a call. At our meeting Chris explained everything in detail, he was so helpful in assembling a photo package to meet my wedding needs...I never thought I would be able to afford such service, quality and creativity.

Come wedding day, Chris Leary went above and beyond his call of duty. He arrived during a massive downpour and was as calm as I was. I was sure my plans of having an outdoor garden wedding were foiled and we would have to do our best to get photos indoors. Chris would have none of that. He wanted me to have my garden shots no matter what. He coordinated with videographer and took control of the situation. We all went to the outdoor location I had previously chosen and sure enough the skies cleared for the most wonderful shots and my great reveal.

During the ceremony and reception he made sure to capture the perfect moments without disturbing my husband and I. He was patient with my family whom called him over several times for group shots. Chris stayed until the very end of my wedding and was still smiling after a long day.

I truly love all my wedding photos, I couldn't be happier with the work of Chris Leary and his assistant (I wish I remembered his name!). He is artistic, kind and very patient. I love the non-posed and posed portraits of my husband and I. It's been very hard to pick my favorite 80 photos for our wedding album!

Chris, I am truly grateful for you and your team. You were a part of making my wedding day perfect.

Profile Picture mariah, 6/3/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Chris is a great guy very easy to work with.

Profile Picture Dee, 5/27/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

On May 17th 2012, I had the pleasure of having Chris Leary Photograph my wedding. Me & my Maid of Honor meet with Chris about 3mths before my wedding & I knew right away I wanted him to photograph my wedding. When we left from meeting him my firiend & I couldnt stop talking about him. The first thing that I like about him was his personalty, his knowledge, and his passion & love for Potography.

On the day of my wedding Chris showed up earlier than he said he would. He was very accommodating in coming with us to the mall were at the last minute I was getting my make up done. He was patient with me &my wedding party. Chris made sure me & my husband night went as smoothly as possible. He captuered all the special moments we asked for as well as adding his creativity. My family & friends couldn't stop talking about how Chtris was such a wonderful photographer, and some of them already want to book him for there up coming events. He never put any pressure on us. What was truly amazing to me is when I finally got to see my pictures. I was truly amazed at the moments he captured without me even knowing. It one thing to pose for a picture but it's another the see such candid moments captured so beautifully. It has been almost 2 mths after my wedding & we are still talking about Chris Leary. I'm truly thankful to Chris for being apart of our special day and makings such beautiful memories for us to cherish. Thank you Chris
From the Saffords

Profile Picture odessa, 5/17/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We absolutely Loved Chris! From the day we met him, we knew he would be a great fit for us and capturing our day. We loved our pictures and our album is gorgeous. We could not be happier with Chris' work that day and how professional he is!

Profile Picture Marielle, 4/14/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

We can’t say enough about Chris we are so thankful to him for being such a special part of our wedding! He was such a pleasure to be around, which made our wedding day much less stressful. The photos that he took are gorgeous. We love them and will treasure them forever, and our family and friends have nothing but great things to say. He is an amazing photographer and we are thrilled that we chose him to capture the happiest day of our lives.
It was a true pleasure working with him …

Profile Picture Lorraine, 10/9/11, 5 Reviews