Chris Laich Music Services Reviews

281 | Washington, DC

281 Reviews for Chris Laich Music Services

We had a great experience with Chris Laich as our Wedding DJ. He was very receptive to our preferences for each part of the night (timeline and music), and the mood we wanted for each of those. He stuck exactly to what we asked for with music, the timeline, and announcements, creating a flawless and stress free evening. What we loved most about Chris is that he read the crowd to play the best music for the moments. His experience is so evident in how he tailored music to the mood of the night and the direction the reception was heading (an awesome dance party). I would absolutely recommend Chris Laich as a DJ to anyone who is looking to have a fantastic time!

Sent on 06/04/2014

The music was entertaining and provided a relaxing atmosphere for the guests.

Sent on 06/06/2014

We so enjoyed working with Chris on the music for our wedding reception! He was fun, professional and full of awesome suggestions along the way. We felt confident knowing Chris and his team would be in charge of the reception, leading us through it all.

It is incredibly important to select the right DJ, Chris really set the tone for the evening and we continue to get comments and notes from family & friends about how wonderful the evening was - thanks in large part to Chris' entertainment.

We also worked with Chris on lighting for the event, his equipment is so great - with the click of a button he can change the colors and add to the overall ambience! It was wild.

Overall what I'll remember most about working with Chris is how he put us all at ease, he helped us figure out the flow for the evening and had recommendations on how to achieve what was most important to us! It was a wonderful celebration and it definitely would not have been the same with Chris.

Sent on 12/18/2013

Michelle · Married on 10/20/2013

There aren't enough words to say about how fantastic and awesome Chris Laich is. I was honored to have Chris as the DJ at my wedding on October 20th in Pasadena, MD. Literally everyone commented on how awesome the music was and how great Chris was. He's funny, outgoing, great voice, great musical equipment and just incredibly talented. He helped keep everything moving and forced and my husband and I to take a minute to enjoy our food (which was super helpful).
    A nice story about Chris:
    When I met my husband, I said one of the deciding factors as to whether he was marriage worthy would be to see how my twin niece and nephew liked him. They loved him and that was a HUGE stamp of approval for me. In other words, their opinion matters. On my wedding day, my nephew, Ben sat with Chris who showed him all his equipment and was just incredibly sweet to him. My nephew then came up and told me how ‘cool’ the DJ is. The fact that he let an 11 year old sit with him and was so sweet says a lot to me about Chris.
    I would HIGHLY recommend Chris to anyone and thank him for helping make my day awesome

Sent on 11/05/2013

Bridget · Married on 10/19/2013

One of the reasons why my wedding and all the guests had such an amazing time was because of our music. Our DJ (Jon Paul) was amazing. He was great to work with, flexible, professional, and transitioned all of the music so well. I really wanted to be introduced to a particular song and at a particular spot in the song and he nailed it!!!! All of my guests kept telling me how the music was so awesome and where did I find the DJ. The whole night, all of our guests danced. People didn't stop dancing the whole night and I owe that to our DJ. Chris Laich music services is the best! I highly recommend using Chri Laich Music Services for any event!!!

Sent on 11/05/2013

We had Brian Shepherd for our 100 guest wedding. He was really flexible and listened to our requests and our parents' requests. He spent a lot of time planning with us. Brian created a special Hora dance with some music we had given him. Because of the different ages of the guests, and a greater number of older guests than the usual wedding, it was challenging to keep the volume at a level where everyone was happy, (grandparents were telling him to make it softer and we wanted it louder for dancing, but he never played too loud). Somehow, he worked it out and knew when to play just the right music. It was just what Chris had promised when we first called to work with his company.

• Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/28/2013

Chris and his team work like a well-oiled machine! Every interaction we had was extremely professional. His staff is amazing and will work with you to make sure everything is perfect. We even had last minute changes and Michael just rolled with the punches. Chris also provided uplighting services for us and it made the room look FANTASTIC! Thank you for everything Chris!

Sent on 10/07/2013

From the beginning, Chris welcomed us as customers. He spent the first 60 minutes understanding our requirements so that he could pair us with the appropriate DJ from his team. We then had a follow-up call with Ross Anderson to ensure we had a good match.

Ross was receptive to all our requests but most importantly, provided objective feedback when he had alternative suggestions. Acting a true consultant, he helped guide us through our vision for the night. There wasn't a moment throughout the night that we questioned his music selections and from our perspective, almost all guests were on the dance floor.

Although the music is most important, Ross was also an impressive MC that only spoke when necessary. He ushered our guests through the evening with no questions.

We highly recommend CL and RA to DJ your wedding.

Gordon · Married on 09/21/2013

Ray Vanags was our DJ for our wedding and he was simply awesome. Ray's customer service exceeded expectations and working with him and Chris was the easiest part of planning our wedding. Our guests really enjoyed the music also and the sound quality was excellent. We recommend Chris Laich Music Services enthusiastically and without any reservations.

Sent on 10/24/2013

Emily · Married on 09/01/2013

Chris was not only an awesome and experienced DJ, but he also helped plan the whole order and timing of the wedding, and followed everything we wanted perfectly. He engaged the guests but was in no way cheesy. He was so flexible and on the ball, we couldn't have asked for a better DJ!

Sent on 09/13/2013

Aaron was AWESOME. Showed up on time, professional and everyone loved the choices of music he made. At the reception, many people told me they would have never hired a DJ in the past - until now because of their experience of hearing what Aaron did! I am so glad we worked with you and your company. His abilities made the night go so smoothly. Great job!

Sent on 09/04/2013

Rebecca · Married on 08/24/2013

Chris did a great job at my wedding! He provided the sound for my ceremony, cocktails, and reception, and he was outstanding. I was very nervous about the echo/acoustics in the venue--as I got married in a marble museum--but his speakers are state-of-the-art and he made sure that the sound was nothing short of perfection. He worked very closely with my family to create a play list that appealed to everyone at the party. Guests were dancing all night long and didn't want to leave the dance floor -- thanks to Chris!
    Two enthusiastic thumbs up!

Sent on 12/20/2013

Katie · Married on 08/17/2013

Great DJ, he kept all of our guests dancing all night long.

Sent on 10/25/2013

Chris did a great job! He played a fun mix that immediately got all of our guests on the dance floor. His speakers had a slim profile and great sound quality--very unobtrusive--so you barely notice them in our wedding photos. Chris also provides uplighting services, and it was completely worth it! It really contributed to the ambiance of the evening.

Sent on 10/27/2013

Amie · Married on 07/27/2013

Chris was fantastic and just magic. He nailed all the ceremony and reception music with basically no direction from us. Highly, highly recommended!

Sent on 09/10/2013

All of my guests had a wonderful time at my wedding and it is in large part to Chris. From the first phone call I had with Chris, I knew my wedding night would be a blast. He truly loves music and has a special talent for keeping the music going for guests of all ages. I would highly recommend Chris to any brides to be in the DC area. We had an amazing time and it was due in large part to his musical intelligence.

Sent on 08/07/2013

Our DJ was Brian Shepherd and we were 100% happy with him. He was really intuitive about our likes and dislikes based on a few artists and genres that we named and the setlist he played was perfectly tuned to our tastes. He listened to everything we told him and fulfilled all our requests to a T! Brian was also really helpful in giving feedback about the order of the reception events and helped us streamline the toasts and first dances so as not to interrupt or slow down the dance flow. He's really experienced, capable and personable and had a great presence--not overbearing or too talkative.

Sent on 06/26/2013

Kami · Married on 06/21/2013

We used Chris Laich music services for our wedding, and from my first conversation with Chris I just felt like things were right. Our DJ was Aaron, and he was awesome! My husband and I over an hour away from DC so all our planning with Aaron was over the phone and email. I was really worried about the music because I knew our guests liked a wide variety of stuff so I made Aaron a really thorough list of what we wanted to hear and what we didn’t want to hear. Our playlist included country (including some Texas country not heard on the radio), hits from today, oldies, traditional wedding dance songs, 80's, and classic rock/jam rock. We felt like the classic rock was hard to dance to so we played it during cocktail hour and dinner. It was different, but everyone who knew my husband, knew that was his input and loved it! Aaron did a great job of working it in during dinner with some of the more traditional songs typically played then too. During the dance, he just played a rockin' mix music; no cheesy games. Our cocktail hour and dinner/dance were in separate spaces, but the transition was seamless, and the sound quality in both areas was great. For the introduction of the bridal party, I had my uncles on the microphone, but Aaron said he would say whatever you wanted about each person, and he’s excellent on the microphone. During the planning Aaron did a great job of helping us with the schedule for the reception, and it was really spot on. We did the toasts, cake cutting, and garters, at the time we planned on. The announcements for all those things were short and sweet. There was no rambling, and he was very, very professional. Bottom line, if I need a DJ for a future event, I will call Chris and ask for Aaron again. Only next time, I won’t even bother with the detailed list I had this time. I will just give him a big picture idea and let him do his thing, because he knows what he's doing, and does a fabulous job!

Sent on 08/25/2013

Eliana · Married on 06/15/2013

Waooooo our dance floor was pack all the time. Thanks to Ross our dj our dance floor was always pack. At the end of the wedding people didn't want to leave, they wanted to keep dancing. Ross was great person to work with. We meet once and told him all the music we wanted to hear and he did hear us. I will totally recommend them to everyone.

Sent on 06/17/2013

Danielle · Married on 06/15/2013

We had originally had our hearts set on a band...but because of size of our guest list and some restrictions of our venue, we decided to go with a DJ. We asked around and got a few recommendations, and after talking to a few others we realized that Chris Laich and his staff were on an entirely different level than the others. We cannot say enough how amazing they were to work with. Michael was our DJ and he was extremely professional, responsive, and did an incredible job. Our venue was historic and had a few rules, which were not an issue-- they handled everything perfectly. We needed someone to be "on it" with volume control in a venue with some echoes and other quirks (we also had an outdoor space, which was in a residential area, to add to the challenges). The wireless speakers they brought were perfect-- they positioned them around and could control and tweak each one remotely. We also did not have a wedding planner, so we relied on the DJ to make announcements and keep the evening flowing (along with the caterer). It was seamless! We had a few conversations and email exchanges prior to the wedding to get to know us and what we wanted in terms of music and songs, flow, and announcements/introductions, the schedule, and other details. It was one part of the weekend that we knew was going to be perfect and didn't have to worry one bit. As I said earlier, we can't recommend Michael and Chris Laich highly enough! They may be a bit more expensive than the competition but it is totally worth it!

Sent on 12/16/2013

I can't say enough nice things about Chris Laich Services and our DJ, Ross! At first, I was hesitant to go with a DJ because I've been to weddings with a lot of cheesy songs and announcements... But I really wanted a variety of music including some middle eastern songs mixed in so I gave Chris a call. From the beginning, he was so responsive and put me at ease. When I met with our DJ Ross, he basically walked me through all the intros and music preferences and even helped me put together my wedding timeline.

Hiring Ross as our DJ was one of the smartest decisions we made for our wedding. We had such a blast and everyone was dancing the entire time- which was really important to me. I don't think anyone even attempted to request songs because his choices were so good (and I had only given him a few songs to play and my general preferences). Ross was awesome- you can't go wrong.

We also hired Chris Laich music services for our ceremony music (solo violinist). It was great! They worked with me on the type of vibe I was going for and even learned a song that I really wanted for our exit!

These guys are known for being the best in town and with my experience i totally agree.

Sent on 07/28/2013

He really knew how to keep the party going. He was great at listening to our desires and then including them for our reception. He's very knowledgable and had great suggestions on songs for introductions and last dance. I really do not think our big night would have been as magical without him. He even got my groom's grandma out on the floor!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Ross from Chris Laich Music Services was our wedding DJ and her did a wonderful job!!! First, I would like to say that he was very responsive during correspondence. We never had to wait to hear back from him. Secondly, just after a few minutes of talking at our meeting, he was able to figure the type of music we wanted to have, with all the exceptions and exclusions. The wedding went very smoothly and just perfect!!! Both my husband and I are very very happy with the service and we highly recommend Chis Laich Music Services. Thank you both Chis and Ross for a making our special day so amazing!!!

Sent on 12/27/2013

Jody · Married on 04/20/2013

Best wedding ever!!! Aaron from Chris Laich DJs was the best. He was able to really get the entire crowd dancing. EVERYONE who attended said they had an amazing time.

Sent on 05/12/2013

Ross from Chris Laich - Music Services is an amazing DJ. He knows how to keep the party going! We danced literally to the end and guests have not stopped raving about the music and how fun the night was. Chris and his DJs are the BEST! Ross was a joy to work with and was so helpful. He knows weddings and good music! He intertwined all my favorite songs and made the night so special. Thank you so much Ross!

Sent on 04/30/2013