Chris Laich Music Services Reviews

281 | Washington, DC

281 Reviews for Chris Laich Music Services

Chris Laich was our DJ at our recent wedding at The Hay-Adams Hotel in DC. Music is such an important part of setting the mood for an event and Chris did an outstanding job. Chris kept the energy up and also had special uplighting which he used to enhance the visual appeal of an already beautiful venue. Everybody agreed it was such a great party and we are so glad we picked Chris to be such an important part of our big day. Do not hesitate to contact Chris if you are looking for a great DJ for your big event.

Sent on 03/15/2015

Anne · Married on 01/30/2015

Great I definitely recommend to everyone !

Sent on 11/10/2017

Ryan · Married on 10/24/2014

Aaron Platt did a great job as our DJ. He was so easy to work with and adapted to our Hindu ceremony music requests so well. I would definitely recommend Chris Laich to my family and friends!

Sent on 11/06/2014

Cynthia · Married on 10/12/2014

My husband and I knew that music was the most important part of our reception, so we wanted to make sure we booked the best of the best -- and that we did! We were honored to have Chris Laich DJ our event last October. Chris is most definitely a true professional and takes his job very seriously -- from start to finish, Chris was easy to communicate with and really worked to create a playlist that worked with our music preferences -- he also MC'd our event and did a phenomenal job (everyone commented on how great the DJ was). I would not hesitate to use Chris Laich Music Services again for an event -- they are talented, reliable, professional and know how to have fun and keep the dance floor packed!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Chris was great. Very flexible as the evening didn't go entirely as scheduled. The music was great and everyone had a blast.

Sent on 12/10/2014

Melissa · Married on 10/04/2014

Loved the DJ - party was an absolute blast...

Sent on 12/14/2014

Renée · Married on 08/29/2014

People are still talking about how great the party was at our wedding! Chris Laich had a lot to do with that. He's such a fun guy, and we loved working with him. He did the music for our ceremony and reception, and both went off without a hitch. It was truly perfect. His services are customizable for any couple, which we appreciated. His pricing is also very fair compared to other vendors and DJs I spoke with. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 10/22/2014

Hillary · Married on 08/15/2014

Chris was an amazing DJ and worked with us to fit our budget and make our special requests come to fruition. We had the best time and could've gone on dancing all night!

Sent on 06/16/2017

Working with Chris was awesome. He was flexible and easy going, he remembered the things we forgot. He was able to play a song my husband wrote and made all our transitions seamless. He was personable, professional, and a perfect addition to our special day.

Sent on 10/23/2014

Chris was amazing to work with. He was professional, personable and a perfect addition to our special say. He was very easy going and flexible in planning as well as helpful. He remembered the things we forgot and was always ready with a suggestion when we were drawing a blank. Not to mention he was able to help us put unique elements into our ceremony by adjusting a song my husband wrote to fit perfectly. All of his transitions were seamless and everyone found him delightful. We lived working with him and would definitely work with him again given the opportunity.

Sent on 10/23/2014

Tiffany · Married on 08/02/2014

Great experience with Chris Laich and our DJ, Michael Tate! I highly recommend! Our dance floor was full all night, and by the end of the evening we had future brides asking where we found our DJ. I'd hire Chris and his team again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 08/21/2014

Vivian · Married on 07/25/2014

Chris made our wedding day amazing! I began to feel especially good about Chris after we met him in person and saw his attention to detail and flexibility amid my family's many requests. Chris did everything exactly how we had discussed in advance, and when he did have to occasionally make a decision on the spot it was perfect. During the ceremony, for instance, we had a fairly long blessing ritual immediately following the processional, and he had the intelligence to continue to play the processional music through the blessing which (in our specific case) made sense and saved us from several minutes of awkward silence. I remember thinking, I would have never thought of that in advance myself! Overall, Chris kept the flow of the evening going smoothly and helped us, the bride and groom, actually relax and actually enjoy our night. Thanks, Chris!

Sent on 11/11/2014

Alexis · Married on 05/03/2014

Working with the Chris Laich team was wonderful. Aaron was our DJ for the wedding and he did an incredible job both at the wedding and the months leading up. He helped plan the entire night and kept us on schedule as well. Plus the music was fantastic. It was a perfect evening and Aaron was definitely a big part of that.

Sent on 06/22/2014

Chris and Ray were fantastic at our wedding in April 2014. We just can't say enough positive things about them. They were fun, full of positive energy and did a great job with the music throughout the evening. I'm a dancer and everyone knew going into this wedding that dancing would be the pinnacle of the night! Ray provided a great mix of music, great guidance in advance on how to think about timing across the evening with dinner/speeches/cake cutting, etc. Our guests came up to us and said how much fun they thought Ray was! We also experienced some serious last minute challenges with our ceremony music/support, and Chris and Ray stepped in and TOTALLY KILLED fixing the issue. Without their last minute support and problem-solving, we would have walked down the aisle to the sounds of my heels!! They were great and highly recommend!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Jeanie · Married on 04/26/2014

I hired Chris Laich - Music Services for my wedding in April. We were planning our wedding from out of town and Chris Laich was VERY accommodating. We were able to plan our whole music/MC service through emails, phone calls, and Skype. They listened to what I wanted and we got so many compliments about the DJ service.

They also provide great value for the money that you spend. Affordable and amazing!

Sent on 05/12/2014

Very friendly, professional and has awesome equipment!

Sent on 06/17/2014

Every aspect of our experience with Chris Laich's company was outstanding. During my first phone call I had a lot of questions, and Chris took the time to address every one of them - he also added additional suggestions for our ceremony and reception that turned out to be exactly correct. Our meeting with our DJ, Aaron, was held at a convenient time and location for us, and he arrived very well prepared - completely warm and friendly, but also completely professional and efficient. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ during our wedding - Aaron did a beautiful job! Fortunately, we did not have any unexpected "surprises" during the ceremony or reception, but we knew that if we did, Aaron would be more than capable of gracefully handling them. We would recommend this company to anyone looking for an experienced, elegant DJ - absolutely worth every penny.

Sent on 06/10/2014

Chris was great. He attended to every detail and knows weddings so well that I knew he could handle any situation that might arise with ease. Most importantly, he played the music we wanted and had great suggestions for how to incorporate the ideas that we had.

Sent on 04/27/2014

Megan · Married on 04/11/2014

I would highly recommend Chris! During the planning process, he was readily available by phone or text. We talked through any concerns and he kept me cool, calm, and collected. At the wedding, he ran the show. I felt confident that everything would go off without a hitch because he was so organized and prepared. Chris sticks to timelines, tailors the music to the time of day/night and the crowd, pronounces names correctly and keeps it classy. Really, we had no complaints! I had many worries the morning of my wedding, but the DJ wasn't one! He just made me feel comfortable that he had it under control.

Sent on 06/16/2014

Friends of mine had used Chris for their dj and referred us to him. Our wedding dj (Michael Tate) was outstanding. We met with him a week or so prior and we agreed upon the schedule and music for the night. I had several last minute changes and Michael was very quick to respond and offer suggestions. He sent me a timeline before the wedding which I really appreciated.

As for the wedding, he was spot on. Our dance floor was packed all night and my guests are still raving about how much fun they had.

I would hire Michael all over again. He was organized, flexible and professional!

Sent on 04/12/2014

Janine · Married on 03/29/2014

We still receive compliments on the playlist. Aaron was our DJ, and he totally understood the sound/vibe that we wanted to convey. He met with us beforehand, and had great suggestions along the way. The music was the most important aspect of our wedding,( to us), and I am very happy that we chose Chris Laich.

Sent on 06/26/2014

Jonathan · Married on 03/22/2014

We were referred by our coordinator at the Park Hyatt Washington, who maintains a top tier preferred vendor list. When I talked to Chris on the phone for the first time, it was clear that he is friendly, chatty and has lots of energy! Having done events at our venue already, he is super familiar with the set up and the acoustics, which was also a big sell for us.

Prior to the wedding, we gave Chris a number of songs that we liked for different parts of the reception. He took the mood we envisioned and expanded on it wonderfully with his song choices. He was friendly and accommodating in taking song requests from our guests too. Our dancefloor was always hopping!

Additionally, he provided amplification for two separate ceremonies we had on the night – each with very different requirements. This was done flawlessly, and the audio was crystal clear. We've been to weddings where toasts/vows/MCing/etc were muffled, over-amplified or inconsistent. In our case, with the speaker setup he had, the aural experience was equally perfect for all of our guests no matter where they sat in the room.

Chris is extremely personable and good at his job. He also just a nice guy and will work well with anyone, be it other vendors, or your guests. He also checked with us a few times throughout the night to make sure everything on his end was ok. It was better than that. Highly recommended!

Sent on 04/10/2014
  • User3200944 · 2+ years ago

Chris was clear, thorough and engaged in our conversation the whole way through. He shared his vast experience so that we could time our event perfectly, i.e. he did not sit back and let us make mistakes. He knew better than us how these things go, and *cared* enough to guide us. Our exact words to Chris regarding 98% of the musical selection for the whole event was "We do not care, make it classy" and he did! Chris also provided MC services by introducing our wedding party, speakers, and making special announcements throughout the evening ("Cigar bar is open outside!"). His service is worth whatever you may end up paying, and since we booked him in the off-season, I know we got him at a steal. This component of our event could not have gone more smoothly, and I will always recommend Chris Laich's services.

Sent on 06/26/2014

Absolutely the best decision we made when planning our wedding. The value for the level of service was unbelievable. Every details was clear, stress free, and we felt as though there was nothing to worry about. As for the presentation and voice, we could not have been more impressed. Even if we had gone with a band, I would have hired them just to MC.

Sent on 06/03/2014

Brian · Married on 01/19/2014

Chris was excellent. He was on time, professional, and had a great feel for the crowd. The sound was nothing short of amazing and the dance floor was packed the entire time.

Sent on 06/05/2014