Chris Fig Productions Reviews

Jina · Married on 01/02/2011

0.0
      2.5
      0.5

I hired Chris for my January 2, 2011 wedding. I planned a wedding in 4 weeks due to my husband being diangosed with a rare and incurable cancer. I gave Chris a background on my situation and how important this day was for me to be able to know when my husband will no longer be with me, that I can look back and see him. I asked him in writing to video tape mostly my husband. When I received the uncut version, I was extremely angry!! He would videotape us dancing and my husband singing to me, and then right in the middle he would pan the camera onto someone else. He did this throughout the night. Every shot of us dancing would be 30seconds and then it would move to our guests. In the edited version he showed a sweet moment of us sitting at our table and whispering to each other..it was about 10seconds, but in the uncut version, it was a good minute. Why was that not in there? I also told him not to videotape a certain person and Chris put that in the Contract that we signed and gues what??? That person was all in the video. Chris' response, well when something is going on, we will videotape it and when someone says something before a wedding they do not usually mean it. If I did not mean it, then why would I have signed to it and had it in writing. Now, when I look back at this day, it is full of my guests and friends and barely of my husband. How is this supposed to be a reminder of a special day of a person who may not be around much longer? Chris did not care about my requests in writing, on the contract or even verbally at the wedding. I pulled him aside and asked that he not have a particular uninvited guest in my video and for the last 50min of the reception, he never communicated as my photographer and DJ did for me to move so that this "guest" would not be in any of the shots. He continued to videotape at an angle to make this "guest" prevalent in every part of my video.

This was a video that he created for himself and as per his liking and wants. He never cared about our situation or what we wanted. It did not matter that it was all spoken of before the wedding of exactly how I wanted the video to be. This was a waste of money, and a day that I can never get back that he took from me.

He was not even remorseful, until after several angry phone calls did he try to attempt to apologize.

Sent on 05/17/2011

Chris Fig Productions's reply:

After Jina viewed her video, she emailed us stating " It was a great video and you have made us smile for the past 2 days, so thank you!!!!!!!!!!!! The issues have nothing to do with you....I am just a pain in the butt and a perfectionist...so I apologize now! lol!"

Jina was by far the most challenging bride we have ever worked with. To our understanding, no one from her family was present and she did not have a good relationship with most of the groom's family. She asked us to remove many shots of her sister-in-laws, parents-in-law, and best man and even the groom's grandmother. She removed all of the Groom's father speech. In addition, she had a guest who had become a disturbance due to drugs and alcohol and we accommodated her requests during the edit process to remove that individual.

We have spent more than 1 month after the video was completed working with Jina on all the issues that bothered her. Nothing had to do with our work, it had to do with the people that she invited to her day. Unfortunately, Jina was the most challenging bride we've ever encountered, even requesting a partial refund of $700, which we refused. We apologize to all of our future clients who may be troubled by this review. We'd be more than happy to discuss it further with anyone who wishes. At Chris Fig Productions we strive for 100% customer satisfaction. Unfortunately, it is a two-way street and some clients just choose to be unsatisfied despite all of your efforts.