Choco Studio & City Hall Wedding Photographer Reviews

Choco Studio & City Hall Wedding Photographer 5
Choco Studio & City Hall Wedding Photographer 6
Choco Studio & City Hall Wedding Photographer 7

Vika · Married on 04/06/2013

My husband and I love, love Mike and Nat! They photographed both our engagement and wedding. We could not be happier with the results. They are both genuinely caring people who made us feel so comfortable on our special day! We would definitely work with them for our next special occasion!

Sent on 04/14/2013

Julie · Married on 03/05/2013

Hired Choco Studio on blind faith. Came to San Francisco as an out of state couple getting married in City Hall and was floored by how great our experience was. Mike and Nat were extremely professional and made the entire time very enjoyable - easy to reach by email and quick to respond. So glad that we worked with them for our special day!

Sent on 11/25/2013

Nat photographed our wedding this past September and wow she is brilliant! She was very sweet and flexible and most importantly incredibly talented! Although we were planning our wedding from out of state she was able to work with us to make the process extremely easy! She was able to capture the the moments perfectly and seamlessly. Everyone who has seen our photographs eww's and awws over them (and my husband and I are not photogenic in the least so it is a complete testament to her talent! ) I can not recommend them more highly!

Sent on 12/04/2013

Tina · Married on 08/18/2012

My husband and I knew from the beginning we wanted Mike and Nat to photograph our Big Day. From our very first contact, they were very responsive to any questions we had. Their attentiveness and courtesy made it very easy to talk to them. Because of this great chemistry, they were able to provide us exactly what we wanted.

As a plus, Nat and Mike greatly contributed to making our Big day stress-free. They would send us tips and reminders before the engagement shoot and/or wedding day before I could even stress about it.

We ABSOLUTELY LOVE LOVE LOVE our wedding photos and could not have asked for anything more. Nat and Mike! You guys are amazing. Thank you for everything! Brides to be, if you are looking for professional photographers who will capture your day beautifully, you will not regret choosing Choco Studio!

Sent on 11/20/2013

Miriam · Married on 12/03/2011

Choosing Mike and Nat to capture our wedding was an incredibly easy and if I do say so myself, brilliant decision. They were genuinely interested in our love story, our history, and our wedding vision, and were a delight to work with. Their work speaks for itself- they really do take the most magical pictures and capture the most secretive, beautiful moments, but you can learn that simply from reviewing their photos. What you may learn from my review is that you 100% want these guys with you on your wedding day. They are efficient, punctual, incredibly professional, and they are filled with the kind of social capital that makes a wedding run smoothly. For example, Nat was the only person within the entire bridal party who knew how to put on a boutonniere, and she was kind enough to put it on all of the men in the room :) Furthermore, this team had done this many times and suggested how we go about planning the group and bridal photos which saved us so much time and allowed us to spend more time with our family and guests. They communicated with the venue and saved us so much work and time. They gave us direction, made us comfortable, and yielded the most unbelievable photos I have ever seen, and although I may sound bias because this was my wedding, this is coming from someone who hates to be photographed! So that's gotta mean something, right?

We received our actual photo albums in an incredibly timely manner, considering we got married over the holiday season. They were wrapped so beautifully that my mom and mother in law still carry their albums around in the original packaging.
    I can't say enough good things about Mike and Nat from Choco Studio. The only thing I would have done different is agreed to do an engagement session to have even more awesome pictures of me and my love.

Sent on 12/08/2012

hired Choco Studio to capture our wedding day in November 2011. They also did our engagement photos, and I absolutely loved working with them!

If you are planning your wedding, you know how stressful finding wedding vendors can be. I noticed that vendors were either really good at what they did and horrible with communicating/the business side of things, or vice versa. Mike & Nat were a gem to find!! They were fantastic at doing both. Their photographs are obviously beautiful! But, they were also just so easy to work with. I hired them about a year in advance, and they were so helpful along the way. They always answered my emails within a day or two.

On the day of our wedding, they just sort of blended in! I mean that in a good way! They were of course on time, and captured all the moments that we wanted captured.

They did a great job designing our album and I love looking at it all the time. If I ever need more professional photos done, I'd use Choco Studio again.

PS. I highly recommend doing an engagement session. It truly does let you "practice" for your big day!

Sent on 11/25/2013

Bernice · Married on 07/16/2011

We met Choco 2 years prior to our wedding through friends who had hired them for their wedding. I became a huge fan after seeing the beautiful pictures they shot for my friend's wedding and have been following them ever since.

When we began making wedding plans it was an easy choice who we wanted for our photographers. We had reviewed others but composition, and style there was no comparison.

Its been over a year since our wedding and I still get teary eyed when I see the pictures. You can't go wrong with Mike and Nat!

Michelle · Married on 07/03/2011

Mike and Nat are truly amazing. They really captured our day in the most beautiful way possible. Every shot was more amazing than the next. They caught every special moment! They are beyond amazing to work with. Easy, professional, and fun!! Nat kept on reminding me to breathe all day and it sure did help. Mike is laid back and really really great to work with. During the wedding we didn't even notice them taking pictures...they were like photo ninjas!! Would recommend them in a heart beat!

Analisa · Married on 04/09/2011

I wish I could give Choco more stars, but rules says 5 is the limit.

I just got married in April and happened to find Choco several months before the wedding. I was browsing Google images from weddings taken at the same place I was getting married and Choco had shot a wedding there, thus they came up in the search. I looked at their work and loved it. I wanted the photo-journalistic style of photos and they had exactly what I needed. My husband and I met with them once and immediately booked them.

Our photos from the wedding are AMAZING. I am so happy that we went with Choco. I think the photographers are one of the most important parts of a wedding. 50 years from now, that's what you will have, your wedding photos. And I am so incredibly happy I booked Choco.

We did some posed pictures before the ceremony. But it was so cold and chaotic that I am happy I went with Choco for their "capture the moment" style. I didn't notice them all night, which is HUGE for me. I didn't want to be talking to someone and stop to pose for a picture. And I didn't want every picture to look the same with me and my husband posing or me and guests posing and smiling with that same smile everyone has specifically reserved for photos. Instead they captured moments and I am so happy they did.

I highly recommend going with Choco for your wedding. Mike and Nat are very sweet and personable. They're easy to talk to and we were comfortable with them from the start. And I promise you, when you look at your wedding photos, you'll have a ton of friends who took posed pictures, but Mike and Nat's photos are what preserve the memories and moments of the night.

Sent on 12/10/2012

Vika · Married on 06/19/2010

It's been months since our wedding and we still constantly hear how incredible our pictures are. Unfortunately I cannot take any credit, as Natasha and Mike did all the work. Our engagement session was in the snow, and I can honestly say that they spent as much time rolling around in the snow as we did, just to get that perfect shot (or hundred!). They then followed us out to Mexico where they were able to perfectly capture our wedding day and a trash the dress shoot, all amidst heat, humidity, and a hurricane. We always said that to us, pictures are most important, as that is all we will have left at the end of the day, and we couldn't be happier with our decision. I think the pictures speak for themselves...

Sent on 08/13/2010
  • O

Okmyanskaya · Married on 09/12/2009

To us, choosing Mike & Natasha was never a choice, it was more of a given. And to date, this is the safest, the easiest and the fastest wedding decision we ever made. For one, we?re fortunate to have them in our arsenal of friends, and we know behind the scenes just how dedicated and professional they are. For two, they do a damn good job - these guys are a guarantee for the perfect wedding pictures. All these years of me stalking their blog with secret desire to one day be featured on it, flaunting the ring and the husband, paid off - I?m there! And the pictures are ? surprise, surprise ? great!

We had our wedding in Hawaii, and in addition to the wedding day we had a trash-the-dress session in the rainforest. Guys had to drag their camera equipment through the jungle while beating off mosquitoes at the same time. The second part of the session was on the beach with majority of the shots in the water. Guys got neck deep in the water with us, while being extremely careful not get their camera equipment wet, and still worked the limited amount of angles to get the most amazing pictures. Plus, not every day I see a photographer so dedicated to getting the best shot he would get in the water in his boxers!

Mike & Natasha always go that extra mile to make the bride & groom happy. They are extremely organized and got all the right shots and more without monopolizing our precious time. They also made our tricky family portraits a 5 minute breeze instead of an expected half hour long affair. They also got the funniest and most memorable shots of us during preparations.

Am I happy with our choice of photographers? Yes, very much so. Would I be writing just as excited of a review if we weren?t friends? ABSOLUTELY.

Sent on 10/07/2009

Rimma · Married on 04/25/2009

Getting married? Need a creative couple of photographers?! Come to Mike and Natasha! They rocked our destination wedding and family wedding in SF. We literally could not have asked for more...they are keen on aesthetics and really know their stuff. Everything from our engagement session to both of our wedding ceremonies, we loved every single shot. Not to mention their creativity and ability to work fast on the hectic wedding day. They love their clients and really aim to please - isn't that all you need on your big day? Can't really get any better....

Sent on 08/17/2010

Hinton · Married on 03/22/2009

Mike and Natasha at Choco Studio were absolutely amazing. They were the photographers for my sister's wedding and, after dealing with them there and seeing the end results, we new we had to hire them for ours. They are great to work with, very proffesional, accomodating, and simply cool people. I would highly recomend them to anyone for any event.

Sent on 06/01/2009

Liz · Married on 09/13/2008

They're super professional and easy to get ahold of. I loved working with Mike and Natasha!

Sent on 06/26/2009

Sasha · Married on 07/12/2008

Mike and Natasha did a wonderful job at our wedding! I was impressed because they had to work with pretty difficult light conditions - a ceremony in full sun and a reception in a candle-lit cave.

It was great to have both of them since they could split up and spend time with both me and my husband before the ceremony. During the reception, they moved seamlessly through the crowd capturing special moments like the best photo journalists.

They also took our engagement photos and we had lots of fun experimenting on the Embarcadero! Their prints and photos are now gracing our home.

Sent on 01/20/2010

Anjie · Married on 09/15/2007

After the first few pictures they showed us, I was SOLD. Mike & Natasha are so talented and laid back, friendly people. They made the whole process so easy. Our photos exceeded our expectations - beautiful work! They are highly recommended by me!

Sent on 06/09/2009

Me · Married on 02/19/2016

My husband and I are very low key, and we had an understated SF City Hall ceremony. Working with Choco Studios was a great experience, from start to finish. Emails were detailed, timely, and informative. They offered helpful suggestions about City Hall ceremonies, and made planning for the event quite easy.

On the day of our city hall wedding, Mike was efficient, organized, and very professional. He was a calming and helpful presence, and moved through the spaces with ease, giving my husband and I an opportunity to focus on each other. Mike captured stunning and joyful photographs that we will truly cherish, and delivered our digital album on time, with plenty of image options. Highly recommended!

Sent on 12/15/2016

Stephanie · Married on 07/31/2010

There are not enough kind words to describe how wonderful it was to work with Mike and Nat at Choco Studio. Our package was for wedding photography and engagement photos. Both sets of photos were incredible. They captured every detail that I had worked so hard on. They caught every emotional moment. They highlighted the beauty of our wedding venue in the best way.

Their amazing photos got my wedding featured online at http://Glamour.com and also in print in BridalGuide magazine. It's surreal to see my wedding in print - and I owe it all to Mike & Nat.

Aside from their amazing talent, they are fantastic people - the kind of people you instantly feel comfortable with, and it seemed completely natural to have them present for such a personal moment in my life. If you are looking for a wedding photography team and are considering Choco...just do it.

Mila · Married on 02/07/2015

1.6
      1.0
      1.0
      2.0

It's been almost a year since our wedding, and it hasn't been a month where I wouldn't get really sad about my choice of photographers. We picked Choco Studio because of all the great reviews. There were cheaper options available but we wanted the best. Well... We ended up with something far from the best. Many family and bridal party photographs were messed up--people looking away, standing too far from everyone else, etc. I would think a good photographer would tell people where to stand, etc. Instead, they were just shooting what was in front of them without really paying any attention. Moreover, during the wedding reception, we constantly had to ask the photographers to take pictures because we would just see them just standing there and do nothing. The worst part of it all is that we don't have a single portrait of me and my husband, just a simple photograph of just the two of us that every couple would want to have. When we received the pictures, I couldn't believe we didn't have one. My mother-in-law even suggested we dress up again and just go to a different studio to redo our wedding photo shot. I know it sounds ridiculous, but that's how upset everyone in my family is. Now, when people ask me if I know a good wedding photographer to hire, I tell them I don't, but I do know who I wouldn't hire.

Sent on 11/09/2015

Choco Studio & City Hall Wedding Photographer's reply:

Hi Mila, thank you for your review and I'm sorry that we didn't provide you with the 5-star service we strive for with each couple. After reading your review we've uploaded 300 more edited pictures and reached out to you privately.

My wife and I are still happy to speak with you directly in hopes that we can resolve this.

All the best,