ChocaL8kiss Bakery/Cafe Reviews

ChocaL8kiss Bakery/Cafe 5
ChocaL8kiss Bakery/Cafe 6
ChocaL8kiss Bakery/Cafe 7

Viraj · Married on 06/07/2014

Sonam and her staff did an amazing job at our wedding! She was very pleasant to work with and had great ideas for our cake. Her cakes are absolutely delicious!!

Sent on 07/18/2014

Melinda · Married on 06/01/2014

My Wedding cake was Awesome,beautiful and Delish... Loved working with ChocoL8Kiss Bakery.

Sent on 06/26/2014

Tina · Married on 12/03/2017

Thank you so much for my Husbands 40th Birthday cake it was more then perfect loved it so much. All my guest raves about how delicious the cake and all the other sweets were. Can’t wait to have my next party to order again.

Sent on 12/05/2017
    ChocaL8kiss Bakery/Cafe 8

Brittany · Married on 07/23/2017

Absolutely gorgeous and delicious wedding cake! The process was super easy. I live in MD so I was able to order quickly and easily over the phone using descriptions and by sending pictures back/forth.

I could only get up to NJ one day when they were closed, so they actually boxed up a little cake tasting kit that my aunt picked up the previous day for us to do our cake tasting at her house!

I only gave four stars due to the price. My reception venue contracts with Chocal8Kiss so my cake was included in the price of the reception. I initially ordered 130 servings (the pictured cake, plus a "back of the house" cake. I added fondant for $300. A week prior to the event, I canceled the back of the house cake and decreased the total order to 100 servings and the price was the same?!? After speaking to the manager, they explained that it had something to do with the contract that they have with my reception venue, and what they cover. It didn't make sense to me, but whatever.

Sent on 08/15/2017

Monica · Married on 05/29/2016

This is the first time that I've never had any trouble regarding working with a vendor. Sonam was able to accommodate everything we wanted in our cake and worked with our budget. She made sure to give us everything, including the best tasting combinations for our wedding cake. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who is looking for an easy going baker and wanting just what they envisioned without breaking their wallet.

Sent on 06/08/2016

sophy · Married on 01/18/2014

I was very impressed with the meeting I had with Sonam. She is very detailed and even took the time to use color pencils to draw out the cake design. She is also very honest with the pricing and even explained to me what I was able to do with my budget. I used her for a baby shower and my daughter's doll cake. Both Cakes looks amazing, and the cakes were nice and moist.

Sent on 02/17/2014

R · Married on 07/27/2014

3.5

Sonam was great to work with and did the cake exactly like I wanted even though we only ever spoke over the phone and I never did a tasting. My trust in her and her team was well rewarded with a delicious and pretty cake!

Sent on 08/06/2014

niyati · Married on 05/24/2015

We ordered a "Dr. Seuss-Cat In The Hat" themed birthday cake and a full dessert bar/station from ChocaL8Kiss Bakery for our baby boy’s first birthday party. The cake was beautiful and delicious, just how we envisioned it. It was a huge hit at the party & we received many compliments. The desserts at the bar were yummy and super-cute! They matched the birthday theme perfectly. Their bakery staff is very helpful and professional, and we highly recommend them for any occasion. They definitely made ours' extra-sweet!

Sent on 06/08/2015

2.5

I used this bakery for my daughter's engagement cake , desserts for her bridal shower as well as recently a special birthday cake. They were not only beautiful to look at but tasted delicious. The shower desserts consisted of different flavored cupcakes in the shape of a wedding dress, her special chocolate platters and since the theme was "martini " she made mini martini parfaits in the flavor of different martinis. People are still raving about the desserts

Sent on 09/26/2014

4.2

I got married in May 2017, and we had a lot of guests that do not eat items baked or made with eggs, but milk/cheese, other dairy is ok. Sonam not only was able to provide us with a wedding cake and grooms cake that was eggless, but helped design and bake a 4 tiered wedding cake that did not taste eggless in multiple flavors. She and her team delivered a dessert bar that our guests are still talking about, with plenty left overs to share with another wedding party at the same venue. If you want a special cake designed as we did- make sure you have the exact design in mind- and have access to pdf or photos- they need them emailed to them and they print them on edible paper and can stick them on the fondant of the cake. Sonam will work with you via phone and email. They are not usually available Sundays and Mondays, but are incredibly responsive Tuesdays through Saturday. They will also work with you to design your dessert bar, ours was a Parisian theme. We bought all the decor, plates, utensils needed, they provided the desserts and displays and served or replenished the bar as needed during the event.

Sent on 12/19/2017

4.2

Sonam is an AMAZING BAKER! Chocol8kiss came from wedding cake heaven to deliver us an amazing experience and cake. It felt as though this establishment was much more knowledgeable about what they serve to their customers. We loved the small time feel of the facility because this way we knew it wasn’t a factory pumping out general wedding cakes. The day of, the taste and presentation were completely worth the price. Afterward, our guests couldn’t stop telling us how beautiful the cake was and how amazing it tasted. Sweet Sisters puts great care into making their cakes, and the product speaks to it. Each communication with the head baker inspired confidence that they had everything handled, which they did. Thank you to Chocol8kiss, would absolutely recommend.

Sent on 09/18/2015

Nupur · Married on 04/29/2012

4.2

Although I found this to be on the expensive side, I really enjoyed the cake. Sonam's work is fabulous and her baking skills are excellent! She was able to make us an egg-less, chocolate-less, and cheese-less cake. She was also able to capture what we were looking for on the cake, such as penguins and an arctic zone along with a beach theme. Very well done and the family loved it as well!

Sent on 06/20/2012

Alexandra · Married on 08/14/2010

3.5

Everyone loved that cake. The only issue I had was that I emailed her the week before the wedding about the delivery time and a minor change to the color piping on the cake and then never heard back from her. However, I was happy when the cake showed up on time and in the color I had changed it to. It just would have been nice to know she got my email before the day of.

Sent on 09/08/2010

Mrs · Married on 08/25/2013

0.5
      3.0

So I got my bridal shower cake and wedding cake from Chocal8kiss. My husband and I met with the owner, Sonam. The first time we had a good feeling, the cake tasting went well, so we made the order and paid extra for fondant. Such a big mistake! My bridal shower cake was the same we ordered for the wedding cake; red velvet with nutella filling, and vanilla and chocolate layer with raspberry filling.. Thank God I ordered the same because the cake had no taste!!! My guests told me personally (rude or not) that they didn’t like the cake! Also, the "famous" nutella filling tasted nothing like nutella. So I changed the order for my wedding cake for regular red velvet with creamcheese filling and asked her to do the buttercream instead of the fondant. Since we paid the extra charge for fondant with credit card, my husband and I decided not to ask for credit, instead we asked her to do a SMALL cute grooms cake with soccer theme for that cost. My husband picked the style, and I emailed a few pix but I got negative results. She said she couldn’t do fondant and she couldn’t do any shapes of soccer balls, nor half soccer ball like we asked because “it was too close to the date”. So the final result was a huge sheet cake with buttercream (in green color) covered with plastic toys on top!!! I was embarrassed to have the groom’s cake on display at our beautiful venue (Lakeside Manor, Hazlet). Usually, customers come first but in this case it didn’t. I didn’t understand how they had the time to do a huge sheet cake with red velvet and “nutella filling” and decorating it with 99 cents toys, but they didn’t have time to make at least 5” by 5” round soccer ball or even half soccer ball not necessarily fondant cake. It was not only for us. It was for the guests too, don’t you want them to be impressed by your work and ask us for your number? I feel bad for people who read the 5 star reviews for this place.

Sent on 11/05/2013

0.0
      0.5
      2.0

She is probably the worse baker I have ever met. I booked her for the wedding cake.

She messed up the flavor on tier cake. The one with hint of alcohol was not meant to be served to the guest. She made the bottom tier with alcohol and the top tier with orange marmalade. That layer was served to guest and few children. The parents were extremely annoyed.

The icing of the cake was falling apart. The icing was extremely thick and therefore I couldn't really taste the flavors. It tasted very stale and there were flies in the cake.

She surely charges you a lot of money for extremely bad cake. I would be careful hiring this vendor. She seems very attentive to non indian customers. But gives below par services and horrible cakes to her Indian customers. I think she lacks knowledge and expertise in her cake baking. If she would like I can show her the basics of cake baking. How to make a better tasting cake and not cheat your customers?

I have approached her about the issues I had with her cake. Her response is she cannot make everyone happy. Well don't run the business and I ain't getting married twice!!!!

Please take my advice do not hire her or you will find flies and or other insects in your cake. It's simply just not edible.

Thanks