ChocaL8kiss Bakery/Cafe Reviews

ChocaL8kiss Bakery/Cafe 5
ChocaL8kiss Bakery/Cafe 6
ChocaL8kiss Bakery/Cafe 7

Erica · Married on 07/18/2014

My husband Tommy and I would like to thank Sonam and the ChocaL8Kiss crew for the amazing wedding cake they had made us for our July 18th wedding. The design of the cake, from the piping down to the decor was exactly what we had envisioned. The cake itself had two amazing fillings - nutella/strawberry mousse and death by chocolate - both equally delicious and absolutely amazing. The texture of the cake was moist and the guests loved every bite. Our wedding took place the day before my husbands birthday and I had put in a special request to have a cupcake made for him, this was to be presented as the crowd sang happy birthday - the crew at ChocaL8Kiss were able to fulfill my request, they were super easy to work with, keeping the secret of the cupcake just between us. Our experience with ChocaL8Kiss throughout the entire wedding experience was wonderful. They are definitely a caring crew who go out of their way to make your day special and our wedding would not have been the same without the fabulous wedding cake they provided.

Thank you so much! We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Tommy and Erica

Sent on 08/25/2014

We were so happy to have a Chocal8kiss wedding cake at our wedding reception. The cake, especially the gold finishing on the middle tier, looked absolutely amazing! It was exactly what we had discussed and we were so glad you were able to make it happen! And of course the cake itself was delicious!

Sent on 11/12/2014

Nija · Married on 06/07/2014

WOW! Sonam and her staff were absolutely amazing. We met Sonam at an Expo about a year before our wedding. We started a brief conversation with Sonam about doing a generic chocolate fountain and that's where the magic started. Sonam gave us a better and more creative idea and within that 5 min conversation, we were both blown away. We knew that we found something special with Sonam.

Both of us feel that dessert is the most important meal of the day so we wanted to include that somehow during the wedding. We didn't want to just do a cake so we needed fresh ideas. Once we sat down with Sonam for a consultation, we knew we were set. She recommended that we do a dessert bar for our guests. She gave us suggestions that seemed impossible to do until we saw her work. Besides everything looking visually amazing, it all tasted incredible. We decided to go pretty extensive with the dessert bar which included dessert sushi, fruit kabobs, edible spoons and a live s'more station. A FREAKING LIVE S'MORE STATION. The dessert bar was so breath taking that we had people who were about to leave the reception until they saw what was about to be rolled out. They literally stopped in their tracks and waited.

Sonam and her staff made sure everything went off without any issues. She took care of everything and even worked with our caterer to make sure everything was planned and set up accordingly. She personally contacted us and made sure everything was okay. She answered every email very promptly and gave us one less thing to stress about. Everyone was ridiculously impressed with the dessert bar. We can't tell you how many people came up to us and said this is one of the coolest things they have ever seen. Sonam also knew that we probably wouldn't get to enjoy it, so she personally prepared a box for us to take after everything was over. Amazing end to and amazing night. BOOK HER NOW!

N & A

Sent on 06/13/2014

mo · Married on 05/24/2014

A friend of mine referred me to ChocoL8Kiss for my wedding cake. When I first met Sonam, she was very pleasant and helpful in making suggestions to help design our cake. We picked a 4 tier cake and mini cupcakes with two different flavors. The carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and mango pineapple cake were absolutely delicious! All the guests loved the cake as well. Besides being a talented pastry chef, she is very professional and always responsive to phone calls and/or messages. Our cake was delivered on time for the reception and she setup the cupcakes as well for us on the table. One regret I have is that I forgot to save the left over cake after the reception to indulge in the next day. I will be definitely going back to her for future occasions.

Sent on 06/12/2014

Sonam was a pleasure to work with. My fiancé and I met with her to discuss our wedding cake. We had initially wanted just cupcakes but decided after talking to her to go with a layered cake as well as mini cupcakes that looked like flowers cascading on the cake. We were glad we listened to her. It turned out to be a gorgeous looking cake – elegant and appropriate for the occasion – and was just delicious – moist and rich. Our guests all loved the cake and cupcakes.

During the consultation where we got to taste different flavors, my fiancé had said how much he loved Guinness and even though we were not going to include it as one of the flavors though it was available, she offered to make him a larger cupcake in that flavor to indulge in at our reception. She had also advised us on how to save the cake to enjoy it later and thank goodness for that as we barely had time to eat at our events.

Sonam is a true professional who loves her craft and can add the right amount of elegance to any event with her sweet creations. I would highly recommend ChocaL8kiss for any event!

Sent on 06/20/2014

Nikita · Married on 03/01/2014

It was such a pleasure working with sonam! She designed such a beautiful masquerade themed cake for our reception! Not only did it look beautiful but the red velvet Nutella filling was absolutely to. Die for!! Thank you sonam and your wonderful team for the amazing cake!

Sent on 03/10/2014

Christopher · Married on 01/03/2014

This place is AWESOME!!! Sonam is the absolute BEST!!! I had a last second engagement party thrown for my fiance, and it was a surprise. The original cake person fell through, and well Sonam and Chocal8Kiss were recommend to me and they came through BIG TIME!!! The cupcakes came out amazing, with both the taste and presentation. Everyone was impressed, especially my fiance! We will definitely be using Sonam and Chocal8Kiss again.

Sent on 02/04/2014

I had the pleasure of receiving a surprise cake from Chocal8Kiss Bakery for my college graduation party. This cake took my breath away and I could have stared at it for hours due to its beauty, intricacy, uniqueness, and perfection. This cake exemplified me as a student, teacher, and person. This was all just from looking at the cake, but after cutting it and trying it...I could only wish for more! The chocolate truffle cake with the mint oreo mousse was the best combination right next to the layer of vanilla cake with raspberry jam and fresh strawberries. It was the perfect blend of sweet, rich, moist, freshness, and flavor. I am beyond thankful to Sonam for creating this cake for me and I cannot wait to order more cakes from Chocal8Kiss!

Sent on 03/10/2014

justin · Married on 09/08/2013

My partner and I recently tied the knot and were blessed to have a cake made by ChocaL8kiss. Sonam knew what she was doing and guided us in the right direction in making the perfect cake for our perfect special day. She might have been alittle pricey, but at the end of the day she kept us in our budget without sacrificing the great design and look of our cake. You get what you paid for and we absolutely loved it and so did our guest. Many of our friends and family have also gone to her bakery for sweets and cookies and are absolutely fond of her. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who is looking for a great cake with a good look. Cheers to Sonam and her staff!!

jay · Married on 09/07/2013

I am so happy that I found Sonam at Chocal8kiss. She basically saved my wedding. We had originally had gone with another vendor, but flaked out literally 3 days before the wedding. As a result my wife and I were referred to Sonam. The wedding was on a Saturday and she met with us on Wednesday night. We weren't sure what to expect because the wedding was a few days away. To our surprise Sonam did a cake tasting right on the spot and also drew up a beautiful 5 tier cake. We loved the fact that she treated us like family and assured us that we would have the cake of our dreams in time for our wedding. She kept us up to date on the progress of the cake and always returned our calls promptly in spite of her busy schedule. When the caked rolled out during our reception it was more than we expected and absolutely beautiful. Aside from looking amazing, it tasted great too. I would definitely recommend people to go to this great bakery not because she was a life safer ;-) , but because her cakes and pastries are actually good!

teri · Married on 08/31/2013

I don't even know where to start..Sonam and her team at Chocal8kiss are simply amazing and so talented!

I was looking at wedding magazines a few months before the wedding and fell in love with a a few wedding cake designs that I had come across. Looking at all these cakes, I started having a bunch of ideas and was searching for someone to bring it all together in one original cake and not charge us tons of money for it! I found Chocal8kiss online on facebook after seeing a post about it on a friend's wall. I did alittle more research and was excited when I found out that she will make your design fit within your budget unlike many other places in the area! We set up a tasting and was blown away by Sonam and her staff's creations. The tasting was amazing and I fell in love with her red velvet cake. As for the design aspect of the cake, Sonam was very knowledgable about how to construct the cake so it wouldn't topple over, but also how to make it look good while keeping it structurally ground. She also helped putting all the designs I had seen in magazines into one big beautiful tasty cake. At the wedding everyone was shocked to see the cake and how great it turned out. My 4 year old nephew loved how the cake tasted so much that we went back to Sonam for his cake. Even my nephew's birthday cake turned out amazing.

I would highly recommend working with Sonam and her team at Chocal8kiss for any occasion! Sonam is willing to work with our ideas, while staying in budget. And the best part of it all is that her cakes and sweets taste DELICIOUS!!!

• Zyli

Zyli · Married on 06/16/2013

A dream come true!! :) For me, my focus was my wedding cake! Yes there are so many extremely important other things that make the wedding complete, but mine was my cake!! The first vendor that was recommended scared us and I was not comfortable! Than the new recommendation was Chocal8kiss and they were my savior! First of all Sonam is a saint! When my husband and I met her for the tasting and the brainstorming to design, we were completely inspired by what an accomplished young lady she is! Completely a gem! Her shop smells soooo amazing and made us feel completely comfortable and very professional at the same time! Everything in the shop was displayed beautifully. The cake tasting dazzled us. It was so delicious and the combinations she created of cake flavors were pure perfection. I was so worried before I went to chocal8kiss because of the first vendor but after our meeting, that was it she put my mind at ease! When I went to drop off my piece for the cake topper along with a specific ribbon I wanted on the cake, she let me know she wouldn’t be able to help deliver it, and assured me that everything will be ok. Her assistant Amanda along with the other cake designers played a major part in creating a dream wedding cake, they all did an amazing job and completely exceeded our expectation and made the wedding cake extraordinary! I can’t wait to post a picture up, and as soon as I get back into the swing of things I will share at what an astonishing job the Chocal8kiss team made happen!

Sent on 06/18/2013

Megan · Married on 06/08/2013

Absolutely loved ChocoL8kiss!! As a gluten-free bride I wasn't able to indulge in a cake but it was very important to me that my husband and guests would love our wedding cake. I shopped around for vendors and had some horrible experiences but the moment I stepped into ChocoL8kiss I knew they were something special. Immediately after setting up a consultation I received an email with both pricing and popular flavors (as well as a request for specialty flavors if I wished). I brought my mother-in-law, brother-in-law and one of my bridesmaids to the tasting and it was so hard choosing a flavor because they said they were all INCREDIBLE. Sonam was so helpful in both the design and flavor choices and was an absolute pleasure to work with. We ended up going with a four tiered round cake with alternating layers of red velvet with a nutella milk chocolate mousse and a vanilla with mango and pineapple mousse. Not only was our cake gorgeous on the day of our wedding but everyone was raving about the flavors. I was DEFINITELY jealous I couldn't eat it! Would totally recommend ChocoL8kiss!!

Sent on 07/13/2013

Bhavna · Married on 03/02/2013

ChocaL8kiss made a wonderful cake for our engagement party. Sonam was easy to work with and very friendly. The cake looked just like we wanted it to and tasted amazing as well. Many different flavor options. We will definitely recommend ChocaLkiss to all are family and friends.

Sent on 03/12/2013

Puneet · Married on 11/10/2012

Did an amazing job making our cake!! Thank you so much Sonam.

Sent on 11/28/2012

Ashley · Married on 09/14/2012

My wedding venue worked with this bakery for wedding cakes and offered a discount if used. Upon meeting Sonam I was glad they did! She was very professional and easy to work with. I showed her a few pictures and she knew exactly what to do and also offered helpful suggestions. I loved the cake and it tasted delicious!

Sent on 10/02/2012

Nikki · Married on 07/07/2012

Absolutely Amazing!!
    Sonam made our wedding cake dreams come true. With over 1000+ at our wedding reception, chocal8kiss was able to accommodate our guest with a spread of cookies and sweets as well as a beautiful cake. She helped us stay in our price range and the experience was great for my husband and me.
    Thank you soooo much to Sonam and her staff!

Sent on 09/12/2013

My husband and I ordered a 3-tiered cake from this bakery for my daughter’s baptism. The cake was made up of both strawberry shortcake and red velvet. As the main dessert, our guests and I agreed the cake was delicious and looked absolutely adorable! Sonam was extremely kind and professional and also helped us design the cake which came out exactly as described and was ready at the designated time they promised. I will absolutely use this bakery for our next special occasion and highly recommend their services!!

Sent on 12/03/2015

Kim · Married on 06/02/2012

Sonam at Chocal8kiss was great and very easy to work with! We were a bride and groom from out of town and were only able to meet with her in person once. She was great about returning calls and e-mails. She had good suggestions for our wedding cake and in the end, our cake was fabulous!

Sent on 06/29/2012

Chocol8kiss is the place to get your wedding cake! Sonam and her team is incredibly talented and I was so grateful that I was able to book her services for my wedding. Everyone loved our cake, from its design to the taste and texture. Sonam was very patient and she really understood what we wanted from our cake. The design was really important to my husband and I, and I am thankful for the efforts of Chocol8kiss to make it just the way we wanted it to be.

Wish you all the success always :)

Sent on 08/06/2014

Loved our vintage alice in wonderland themed cake! It was executed to perfection and we received many compliments...to top it off it was delicious!

Sent on 05/16/2017

Sruti · Married on 05/29/2011

I used Chocal8Kiss for my wedding cake and honestly within 15-20 mins of sitting down and kicking back with Sonam (owner) to brainstorm ideas about what vision I had for my cake she immediately knew exactly what I wanted and read me like a book. Not only was the cake on my big day looking absolutely amazing, but people raved about the taste for days and trust me my crowd was tough to please.

Chocal8Kiss is the most amazing combination of creativity bringing your wildest edible creation to life, tastes to truly treat your pallette and presentation that make people fall in love at first sight. Chocal8Kiss knows exactly how to take a bride’s breath away. From start to finish the professionalism and quality of work were above and beyond what I expected. They don’t just do the work for the sake of doing it, but actually invest themselves into the moment and do their best to make the event as memorable as possible. I would highly recommend Chocal8Kiss to anyone who is out there searching for the best bakery to create the cake for any special event because they will care about your needs, listen to your ideas and understand your vision. Put your dream cake in their hands and let their creative juices and expertise in the field bring that dream to the next level.

Sent on 09/06/2011

c · Married on 10/16/2010

My husband and I hired Sonam Sondhi, the Founder and Executive Pastry Chef of Chocal8kiss, to design and make two wedding cakes for us. One for a small Indian wedding and the other for a large over 300 person reception to be delivered the next day. One thing that struck me early on was her level of professionalism. We genuinely LIKED working with her, she's sweet as pie (excuse the pun) and listens to her customers wants and needs. Our small cake had to be egg less and the cake she made not only looked great but I had my closest friends tell me that it was probably the best cake they had ever tasted. We also found her prices to be very reasonable. We will turn to her from now on to make any cakes we need and we will refer her to anyone we know looking for a true Pastry Chef. She is a bright, young Indian woman with an incredible future ahead of her.- we wish her the best.

Sent on 11/02/2010

Priya · Married on 08/29/2010

Great Job!
    My husband and I recently got married and Sonam did an eggless cake for us. Being Swaminarayan we really didn't know where to go to get an eggless cake. We heard of Sonam through a friend and asked her if she could make us the cake we wanted. Despite newly opening and still setting up the bakery, Sonam made us a tasty and beautiful eggless cake. Our family and friends loved it and even raved about it weeks after our event. Thank you so much Sonam for making our dreams come true while keeping us in our price range.

God bless and good luck!

• Elyrose

Elyrose · Married on 05/20/2009

I've ordered from Chocal8kiss for both of my kids' themed birthdays in the past and each time was a pleasure. The customer service is great! They worked with me to choose a style and design that worked with our budget and were very accommodating with my requests for specific details. The recent cake I ordered was for my daughter's party. It was Moana themed and the cake turned out beautifully. Not only did it look pretty, it was delicious too! My daughter was so happy with her cake. Thank you for making her birthday extra special, Chocal8kiss!

Sent on 03/16/2017