216 Reviews for Chicago Weddings

Rehearsal (1)
Customized Vows (1)
Licensed (1)
Catholic (1)

Rev Barry was an absolute pleasure to work with, he made our ceremony better than we ever expected! We highly recommend using him for your wedding! We loved him!!

Profile Picture Michelle, 3/25/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Rehearsal, Catholic

Barry was very professional and very responsive whenever I emailed him or needed to ask a question. I was planning a wedding from far away and he made sure to be available to meet when I was in town. He also made our ceremony very personal and made sure he asked the right questions when meeting to make sure he knew us. Our marriage license was also done quickly and a copy was mailed to me within a couple days. I highly recommended Barry.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 3/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

When I first informed my fiancé that I found someone online he was a little nervous, however it turned out to be a beautiful ceremony. We had Barry officiate our ceremony and it was exactly what we wanted. He was super professional, attentive and flexible. At the very last minute, to be precise about 20 minutes before we got married, we decided to incorporate a traditional ceremony of my culture, and he was not only on board with the last minute change but he gave a really nice speech and made it look like we had planned it all along. I'll never forget our wedding and I 100% recommend hiring him to officiate your wedding.

Profile Picture Victoria, 1/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Our officiant was Rev. Jeff. He was able to take over on short notice (after our initial officiant backed out). Rev. Jeff does a good job of nailing down "your story" for a personalized ceremony through a combo of in-person meetings, calls and emails. However, he did get a few minor details incorrect in the final version of our ceremony. (That may be due to us not being clear enough when we met with him and emailed after the fact, but it may help in the future to ask to see a draft version of the ceremony before the big day. Although that may ruin the element of surprise for brides who want the ceremony to feel fresh to them.) Thanks, Rev. Jeff!

Profile Picture User6602827, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, No Denomination

Barry did such a wonderful job officiating my best friend's wedding, so I knew I had to hire him for mine. It was easy to set up an initial meeting and Barry provided us a helpful and detailed guide that assisted us in creating our customized ceremony. Barry has a very easy going and friendly demeanor and was such a calming presence during our ceremony. We received so many compliments on how beautiful our ceremony was. I would highly recommend Barry!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/29/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, No Denomination

Barry was great every step of the way. We live out of state, but were having our wedding in our home town. He met us during our tight schedule to go over the plan, kept in touch via email and gave us a bunch of pointers, since we were planning everything ourselves. The ceremony is exactly what we choose. Barry has a lot of experience as an officiant, and it shows, he is a very accommodating, warm individual. Everything went perfectly, and we couldn't be happier.

Profile Picture Joseph, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We chose Jeffrey Ginsburg as our officiant after he officiated my sister in law's wedding in July (which was also wonderful). He met with us near our apartment in Chicago early on to get an idea of what we were looking for, and then again about a month before the wedding to go over final details. He was so helpful, accommodating, and warm throughout the whole process - my then-fiance and I knew we were in good hands.

When it finally came time for the ceremony, he delivered exactly what we wanted! The ceremony was personal, timely, and we even got some laughs from the "audience". I can't tell you how many compliments we received on the ceremony when it was all said and done. I would highly recommend Jeff as an officiant. My husband and I could not be more pleased and would not change a thing if we had to do it over again. Thank you Jeff!!

Profile Picture Jenna, 10/8/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

When we met with Jeff Ginsburg, he was not pushy, he wanted to get to know us and learn our story. We felt comfortable with him. He is very well spoken and provided a guide to us to help us select our readings, benediction and ring exchange. He was wonderful at the ceremony and very accommodating to us about changes we made to the readings. He properly asked for our names of the readers and had copies of our vows just in case.

He was very well spoken at the ceremony and did not require a mic. We enjoyed his kind words on marriage and told our story wonderfully.

Only constructive feedback is that he had a red folder. We hope he brings a black one in the future. It would work better for the photos.

Thank you!

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 10/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I picked Jeff Ginsburg to perform our ceremony and we could not have been more satisfied with his participation. Jeff was accommodating and professional with a splash of humor that was much needed when our stress level was through the roof. He kept us calm and performed the ceremony according to our specifications. Our ceremony was absolutely perfect thanks to the amazing job Jeff Ginsburg did.

Profile Picture Deborah, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Barry has a fantastic character and personality, he was a wonderful choice to make our day spectacular. He gave us a stress free ceremony, with no unexpected surprises. We are so thankful that we were lucky enough to have him as our officiant.

Profile Picture David, 9/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev. Barry is very easy going and so great to work with. He will work with you to ensure your ceremony is customized to fit your lifestyle. He is very professional and is very calm and keeps you at ease each step of the way, including during the ceremony. He definitely is someone I would recommend over and over again.

Profile Picture Sharon, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jeff G. was our officiant for our September wedding in Chicago and he did a fabulous job. He was very prompt and on time at our in person meetings in the lead up (we had 2) and rehearsal and wedding. He was organized at all meetings / events and came with a game plan. He personalized our wedding ceremony beautifully and was very articulate and well spoken, even at times adding in some humor which all the guests loved. He even looked the part for our classic / elegant themed wedding! We had a lot of complements from guests about our wedding ceremony! Thanks to Jeff for everything - would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Caroline , 9/3/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev Barry provided us with a lengthy document that covered everything you could think of when planning a wedding ceremony! It was SO helpful and made a daunting task easy. His words were perfect and we received many compliments on how beautiful our ceremony was!

Profile Picture Brigid, 9/3/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I had Jeff Ginsburg as our officiant and I could not have asked for a better guy to do it! I loved that me and my fiancé were able to pick out what vows and readings we wanted done. It was so nice how you could customize your ceremony so it can be more personal to you and your significant other. Jeff was so professional and organized! I also received many compliments on the ceremony, people loved how it was different and more personal to us. I am so happy!

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/26/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We had Jeff Ginsburg officiate our wedding, and he did a wonderful job. We HIGHLY recommend Jeff as a wedding officiant. We live in Iowa, but Jeff made our Chicago wedding planning very easy. Communication with Jeff was very easy, and he was always organized.

Profile Picture Andrew, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Book him! He was great to work with and the ceremony was handled very professionally and appropriately. A number of our guests commented on how well Barry performed the ceremony and he contributed greatly to the overall success and enjoyment of our wedding.

Profile Picture User7113283, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Reverend Barry officiated my wedding August 14, 2016. Throughout the whole process of getting in touch with him through the venue that I picked (Jacob Henry Mansion) was truly as smooth as any bride could've wanted. He was extremely great at getting back to me when I had questions or needed to meet with him. He was flexible with meeting times since I work night shift and my husband works days. Also I wasn't really sure where to begin as far as how I wanted my ceremony to go and Barry was so helpful with all of the options/suggestions that he presented to us. (and he never tried to push us or pressure us into doing something a certain way but allowed us to create the ceremony we always wanted!). The ceremony itself went perfectly with Barry and we wouldn't have wanted anyone else to officiate our wedding. Thanks again Barry!

Profile Picture Michelle , 8/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev Barry made our ceremony so special! We can't thank him enough for all he did. We received so many compliments about him from our guests. If you are looking for an officiant, I would definitely recommend him!

Profile Picture Lena&Taylor, 8/13/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, No Denomination

Reverend Barry recommended Reverend Scott Cummings for our wedding ceremony. We were incredibly happy having Reverend Scott officiate our wedding. We originally set up an in person consultation to discuss what we want from our wedding and how the process works. Reverend Scott was so kind, thoughtful, and open minded. He provided us with suggestions and he was always open to hearing our suggestions. Once we booked their services, we were sent the wedding ceremony planning guide, which is filled with so many different readings/options for the ceremony. This was a great resource for us while we planned our ceremony. We ended up picking some options from the guide as well as adding in readings/prayers that we had found on our own. Reverend Scott supported our every move and he always responded quickly when we reached out. We were able to pay the final balance online before the wedding, which was a big help when there are so many vendors to pay. All in all, we were extremely pleased with the entire planning process and with the ceremony. Reverend Scott was amazing, everything was flawless for our big day.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/13/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Interfaith Ceremony

My husband and I hired Rev Barry as our wedding officiant for our small wedding ceremony in August 2016. We were so thrilled! It turned out beautifully and we received the highest compliments from our family and friends about Rev Barry's demeanor and officiating skills :) would definitely recommend him to other couples needing an officiant, the process was streamlined and simple and the result was fabulous!

Profile Picture Caitlyn, 8/7/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jeff performed our wedding ceremony in August 2016. He was wonderful, responsive, and professional. He put us immediately at ease in our first meeting and did exactly the wedding we asked for (non-religious, personalized, intimate). We received so many compliments on the uniqueness of our ceremony and the quality of our officiant. We really couldn't have asked for more from him and highly recommend him to anyone. The great thing about Jeff and Chicago weddings is how you can completely personalize your own ceremony and be as involved (or un-involved) as you want to be. Thank you Jeff!

Profile Picture Taryn, 8/5/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jeff was such a wonderful officiant! He was attentive and responsive and gave us exactly what we wanted for a great price. All of our guests still speak about how wonderful our ceremony was. It was so great that my brother and his fiancé hired him to officiate their ceremony!

Profile Picture Chloe, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Reverend Barry officiated my wedding in June. He came highly recommended by my venue and when my husband and I met with him originally we knew immediately that he was the guy for the job. He's extremely professional, easy to work with, and he listened to what our vision was for our wedding day. Rev Barry used things he heard us talk about at that inital meeting - he incorporated things we said into our ceremony. It added such a personal touch that we both were so pleased about. He made the ceremony planning super easy by providing us with a PDF file of things to chose from and a list to check things off. He was reassuring throughout the whole process. He did a beautiful job and I couldn't have asked for anyone better.

Profile Picture Ellen, 6/24/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Reverend Barry is a true wedding pro – and would highly recommend him to anyone needing a wedding rev. He understood and was accommodating when we wanted to meet in person (more than once!) to go over details of our ceremony. He has a set of very helpful prepared materials to aid in choosing the sequence of the ceremony, vows, and many details I wouldn’t have thought to ask about, and allowed us flexibility to make the ceremony just what we wanted it to be. We received many compliments on the ceremony and how Rev Barry kept things running smoothly. A+!

Profile Picture Erin, 6/18/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Single Religion

Jeff was our officiant, and we highly recommend working with him. We got to customize our whole ceremony, he was well prepared, and provided lots of advice and guidance. We were worried about being short on time to prepare, but Jeff met with us promptly, was welcoming, and had a full list of recommended readings, vows, blessings, etc. to choose from.

Profile Picture Kayleigh, 6/11/16, 1 Review