Chicago Marriott Naperville Reviews

Chicago Marriott Naperville 1
Chicago Marriott Naperville 2
Chicago Marriott Naperville 3

Michelle · Married on 06/02/2012

We stayed at the Naperville Marriott last June after our wedding along with some of our guests. It was newly remodeled and absolutely beautiful! The accommodations were spectacular. The rooms were spacious and the lobby and sitting/bar area was perfect for relaxing with our guests for the evening. We also used the shuttle service to and from the hotel for the wedding/reception which was great especially for the out of town guests. The service from the front desk, the bar, and the restaurant was excellent.

Sent on 01/09/2013

carol · Married on 05/22/2010

If you book your wedding here you will not be disappointed. I have 3 daughters and this is my third wedding that I have planned. Victoria is one of the best coordinators I have ever come across. From the day I met her to the actual wedding day, Victoria was easy to reach. She came through on everything she said she would do. She made our wedding reception "flawless" . She was there on the day of to make sure the room was set up exactly how we planned. She introduced me to Flo, my contact for the dinner portion and she did her job well. The dinner was on schedule and plates came out hot. I received multiple compliments on the food. The servers were professional, dressed well and very accommodating to my guest.
    Some of the guest stayed overnight at the hotel. I was so pleased how well they were treated. The front desk staff were very friendly and remembered to hand out our gift bags to each guest as they arrived.
    Thank you Victoria and everyone at this hotel that had a hand in making my daughters wedding a positive and happy event.

Sent on 05/08/2017

Chicago Marriott Naperville's reply:

It was our pleasure to work with such an awesome family and assist in making your daughter's wedding perfect! We value your thoughtfulness tenfold!

Danielle · Married on 11/14/2015

We are so happy that we decided to have our wedding reception at the Chicago Marriott Naperville. From our intial meeting to our wedding day, everything was very professional yet warm and welcoming. Victoria Schultz was so amazing!!! Our wedding would not have been as organized and special without her. She was so accommodating and made sure everything was in place; I never felt I needed to worry. Even down to planning a surpirse groom's cake! She really was an important asset to our wedding day. The facility was beautiful and all the staff was so polite and nice. Sandra and Jamie were also a great help on the wedding day. Sandra made sure to check in on us to make sure everything was going well during the reception...even down to the temperature of the room! The bartenders were great (I didn't catch their names) but after asking the bartender once for a drink, the rest of the night I would just start to walk towards him and he would have my drink ready and waiting!!! The chef even came out to congratulate us and make sure everything was as we wished. The appetizers were a big hit among guests. We had the fig and blue cheese flatbread and the buffalo chicken spring rolls. As our entree choices, we had the honey citrus chicken and the vegetable lasagna. The lasagna was quite popular among the guests. Our cake was amazing! We were able to choose 3 different flavors and a 4th in the grooms cake. My personal favorite was the honey cake! The only minor complaint was that some guests reported the chicken was a little dry. With that said, if I had to plan my wedding all over again, I would absolutly choose the Chicago Marriott Naperville. Victoria, and all the staff at the Chicago Marriott Naperville were outstanding, polite, accommodating and welcoming.

Sent on 12/14/2015

Chicago Marriott Naperville's reply:

We pride ourselves on amazing food not the standard "banquet food," so thank you for the amazing comments. Congratulations again to you and Ralph on a fabulous wedding day - we were happy to be a part of it!

Carolyn · Married on 11/05/2016

We used this as our reception venue only, and our sales and catering manager was Victoria. She is AMAZING! We can't say enough about her!! She was very helpful and patient with us through every step of the planning process. The chefs were also great about changing up the menu (with items that they didn't have listed in their standard menu) per our requests. We appreciated this as we anticipated more of a challenge to do so, but we were pleasantly surprised and happy that we could keep everything within our Italian/wine theme. For the area, the value was pretty good when comparing to others. There are also some fun photo locations within the hotel, so although not part of the rating criteria, it's an added bonus.

I think it's worth noting that the hotel (not the sales/catering team) did have some challenges for us and our guests in terms of booking under room block, and also with any requests from guests in rooms (towels, maintenance, etc). These were pretty minor and Victoria was able to help with some of the booking issues. Overall, HIGHLY recommend this venue especially if Victoria is helping you!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Chicago Marriott Naperville's reply:

It was a beautiful Tuscan wedding with every detail well thought out! Chef's are very creative and love a challenge, so thank you for keeping them on their toes.

Allison · Married on 08/31/2013

We hosted our wedding and reception at this location. Our total guest number was ~50, we were able to have out ceremony outside on the patio and have a beautiful reception indoors. It rained up until about 30 minutes before the ceremony so naturally I as the bride was freaking out (totally unforecasted), the Marriott staff set up a backup room inside, but were able to set up everything outside in time for my outside wedding that I have always wanted. The wedding planner is so great, especially the day of. We were able to customize a wedding package to fit our budget. Wonderful venue!

Sent on 09/11/2013

Arianna · Married on 07/12/2013

I have to first say that I booked this place a month before our wedding due to issues with the last venue. With that said...the value was impeccable and the service was amazing. Kyra and the rest of the workers at the Marriott made our wedding night completely stress free - even including a night at the hotel for us.

I can not thank them enough for how awesome they did. Everything was beautiful, nothing was delayed, and we even had the day prior to set everything up ourselves (which we wanted to do).

If you are in the Chicagoland area you will not regret putting your money towards this venue! It is no typical hotel "wedding" reception. It is like being at an actual banquet hall - just beautiful!

Sent on 02/28/2014

Katy · Married on 10/20/2012

Please do not count out the Marriott due to all angry reviews regarding Melissa, who was fired the week of our wedding (10/20/2012). With that being said, here's my story about the Marriott...

We had a HORRIBLE experience with Melissa, and she was as pathetic as all the other reviews have said. We received a call from the hotel the Monday before my Saturday wedding saying she had been sacked, and she took ALL of the notes on our event with her. We immediately went in and worked with Kim, who helped us start at square one to plan our event.

Kim is amazing. She has incredible attention to detail and lots of great ideas. It was so relieving to work with her instead of Melissa, but also heartbreaking that we weren't working with her the entire time.

The chef at the Marriott made HUGE accommodations and made our entire menu gluten-free (groom has allergy), and made special options for him for appetizers that couldn't be made GF. He also makes a special effort to use locally grown ingredients. Their preferred cake vendor (The Cakery) is incredible, and you can have a beautifully designed cake without having to upcharge. Also, the basic package linens and such are gorgeous and again, you dont need upgrading any of the basic room items to have a gorgeous space.

They also worked with us to host a breakfast buffet the next morning, since we had almost all out of town guests at our 185 person event, and rented 40+ rooms at the hotel. Our guests loved this! Our hotel guests had only incredibly high regards for the hotel, the staff, and the event. Kim was my wedding fairy godmother!

I would whole-heartedly recommend the New, Post-Melissa era at the Marriott. Tell them Katy (Reising) Sakats sent you!

Sent on 02/19/2013

Kim was very helpful planning our indian reception at the grand ballroom. She is patient and great with suggestions. The night of the event room and set up looked great.

Sent on 07/23/2016

Kelly · Married on 09/24/2016

3.0
      2.5
      2.5
      3.5

We used this hotel for our block only (not for reception). While it was a beautiful place for our guests to stay, a convenient location, and we liked that there was a bar open to go to after the reception, the service itself was subpar. We may have just come in at a bad time, but there were 2 turnovers of who we worked with on the events team within the 8 months that we were booked with them. The actual people were very nice, but we had 3 separate occurrences of technical difficulties with the block website (it was telling people that there were no rooms left so they were panicking, when actually there were A LOT and we needed to hit a certain number of rooms in order to not get charged), and by the end we were so sick of hearing about issues with their system. It all turned out fine in the end, but it created a lot more work for my family and I. The day after brunch was pretty and the room we had was spacious and private.

Sent on 11/15/2016

Ed · Married on 09/15/2012

1.0
      1.0
      2.0

The only reason that I gave the Quality of Service a 4 was because the hotel is beautiful and the food at the wedding was really good.

Other then that the girl "Melissa" that they hooked us up with to be our wedding coordinator was HORRIBLE, It took her days and weeks to respond to questions that we had, after complaining about her and saying we didn't want her anymore they let her stay with us, it wasn't until 2-3 WEEKS before our wedding that they finally stepped up and did their job. They told us it was genuine and not a "reaction" to us calling corporate on them. REALLY? how dumb do we look? It's unfortunate that it took us to go to those lengths for them to finally give us the service that we deserved. Hell 2 weeks before they had the menu all wrong and didn't know our wine selection. It was like the tasting we did didn't exist and they were just picking stuff. While I'm sure wedding planning is stressful at times I think these guys made it over the top for us.

If you want a beautiful wedding and have A LOT of money to spend, this is your place...just beware that you will have to do the wedding coordination yourself and deal with not knowing if anything is actually being done on their end. Who knows maybe they will learn their lesson after our wedding or maybe they will fire Melissa and hire people that want to help people get married, because as beautiful as it was, it definitely wasn't worth the hassle.

Sent on 09/18/2012