Chicago Catz Reviews

52 | Chicago, IL

52 Reviews for Chicago Catz

Jackie · Married on 03/25/2017

Chicago Catz is amazing! Richie was our point of contact throughout the entire process and was so helpful, patient, and thoughtful. We had a 3 piece for our ceremony and cocktail hour. They transitioned flawlessly from playing Jack Johnson-esque music for the ceremony to jazz for the cocktail hour. For the reception we had the 12-piece ensemble and let me tell you - Chicago Catz knows how to throw an amazing party. They kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night, and many of our friends and family told us they were the best band they had ever seen. We agree! Thank you to Richie & the entire Chicago Catz crew - you guys are the best!

Sent on 04/21/2017

Natalie · Married on 10/01/2016

The Chicago Catz are hands down the best! We cannot say enough great things about the band. Richie Davis was great to work with throughout the entire process and is a true professional. All of the band members are great musicians and wonderful performers. We would recommend them 10/10 times!

Sent on 11/21/2016

Chicago Catz's reply:

hey natalie, thanks! have a happy thanksgiving!

Sarah · Married on 09/17/2016

We loved the Chicago Catz! Richie and Mark were more than accommodating when it came to requests, timelines, and questions. Their song list is massive and the medleys they performed on the night of our wedding did not disappoint. All of our guests were on the dance floor the entire evening and we're still getting compliments on how awesome and professional the Catz were! Not only do they put on a great show, it's obvious they truly enjoy what they do. I would recommend The Catz time and time again.

Sent on 12/14/2016

Ari · Married on 09/04/2016

Throughout the night people continuously packed the dance floor and commented how this was the greatest wedding band they'd ever seen. People I work with who were not invited to the wedding said they heard from people how great Catz was and that they played an amazing wedding party. Super easy to work with, very flexible, and had an unbelievable sense for their audience.

Sent on 11/16/2016

Shelby · Married on 08/27/2016

Hiring the Chicago Catz was one of the best decisions we made regarding our wedding reception! We searched for a wedding band for months, but none of the bands we found were quite what we were looking for until we came across the Chicago Catz. When we initially contacted the band, they let us know that they would be performing at Nick’s a few weeks later. My husband and I went to hear their set and after only one song, we KNEW we had to book them. They had everyone in the bar on their feet dancing. Richie was incredibly responsive throughout the planning process. The band learned multiple songs that we wanted played at our wedding and did a fabulous job with all of them. I can’t recommend them enough - go book them now!

Sent on 04/18/2017

Amy · Married on 08/26/2016

Oh my gosh! This band rocks a wedding!!! We decided pretty early on that we wanted a band. We set a budget and went out on a hunt for the perfect band for us. We wanted someone that had great musicians, great vocalists and played great dance music. We went to see band after band and kept feeling like no one was right for us. After seeing them at a wedding, a friend recommended we take a look at Chicago Catz and we were BLOWN away! We exceeded our budget a little (but hey, I could cut costs in other areas to make sure everyone danced their tails off at our wedding). We have absolutely no regrets with choosing this band. We like them so much, we will be keeping our eyes out for when they play at Nick's in the coming months so we can go watch them again! To top it all off, our main contact, Richie was so easy to work with, and made sure to talk through all the details prior to the wedding to make sure everything went smooth the day of the wedding. Seriously hire them if you want an amazing band for your reception.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Beth · Married on 07/23/2016

Our guests were on the dance floor the whole night! We were thrilled and also so pleased with the meetings that we had with Richie before hand. He was open to what we wanted, had great advice and we knew he would take the whole evening and turn it into a memorable wedding night! A-plus!

Sent on 08/09/2016

Christine · Married on 07/16/2016

After getting a recommendation from former clients and even other Chicago wedding bands, we knew the Chicago Catz were the way to go for our wedding day! For all the real music lovers out there or anyone who wants their wedding to be an unforgettable party, I highly recommend the Catz. Richie was an amazing partner to work with during our planning process – incredibly professional and knowledgeable. He was always available via phone when we needed him, and made time to meet with us with his band leader to discuss all our needs before the wedding. He even made a site visit to our venue and did a detailed walk-through, coordinating directly with the venue staff to make sure the day went off without a hitch. Even with a complicated sound set up and an outdoor venue, Richie provided us with a plan A, B, and C so that we knew the party would be great no matter the weather. And the final result blew away all our expectations! Richie has brought together an amazing ensemble of talented musicians who truly love what they do – and are a whole lot of fun, too! Tony and the band kept the party going all night. With an amazing repertoire of songs and styles, the band caters to any person of any age – guests from 5 to 85 loved the music. They truly know how to play to the crowd – they would play crowd favorites when the dance floor got a little slow, and their medleys kept things interesting. The lovely Simbryt served as our MC and was a wonderful hostess, introducing speeches and providing a beautiful tribute to both set of parents, who’ve been married for over 40 years. Easy to work with and an amazing show – I don’t think we could have asked for anything more! In the words of the Chicago Catz, “ain’t nothin’ but a party!” Go book the Catz today!

Sent on 02/18/2017

Kristin · Married on 06/11/2016

To say this band is the best is an understatement - they are EXTRAORDINARY! My husband and I hired them for our wedding band and everyone was blown away!! They were so easy to work with up until the wedding date and very professional. They were on-time, they had a good M.C and can range from anywhere from Adele, to Whitney Houston, to Justin Timberlake, etc. It's amazing there sound, talent and range!! We got married on June 11th and we still constantly get compliments about how amazing the band was. Not to mention they got everyone on the dance floor, including my 92 year old grandma!! They really left a lasting impression and if you are thinking about a band, look no further and book the Chicago Catz!!!

Sent on 01/17/2017

If you want the Best band in Chicago there is only this one which is so far above any! Richie is the easiest and my loving person we have worked with. He goes far beyond making sure everything is exactly the way the entire family wants the feeling of the evening. The music is fantastic and they fill any and every room with an energy that is unexplainable!. We have used Catz for two of our wedding and Chicago Catz is the only reason I wish we could do it all over again!

Sent on 05/08/2016

Lauren · Married on 03/26/2016

We saw the Chicago Catz at my best friends wedding and loved them! When it was time for us to choose a band for our own wedding, we contacted the Catz right away! There was no other band we wanted to have at our wedding. They were incredible and our wedding guests still talk about them to this day! Not only were they great to work with but EVERYONE at our wedding was on the dance floor all night! Best band in Chicago HANDS DOWN!

Sent on 04/17/2016

If I could give Chicago Catz better than a 5 out of 5, I would! To say they were spectacular does not even begin to describe the evening. Every person I've talked to who attended the wedding RAVED about them. Here are some of the things people said..."OMG where did you find them? I've never been to an event with such a great band." "Did they ever take a break? We danced all night long." "They really knew how to work with the crowd. They always played just the right song."

Thank you Chicago Catz...you were truly amazing!

Sent on 12/23/2015

If we could give the Chicago Catz 100 stars we would! We heard stellar reviews of the band from a family friend and after we saw them perform in person at Nick's Beer Garden we were blown away. The Catz are an extremely talented, energetic and fun band with a broad repertoire. They can play anything from The Temptations to The Rolling Stones to Prince to Michael Jackson to Mackelmore. From the very beginning the Catz were a joy to work with, especially Richie the bandleader. Richie was extremely professional and the most responsive of all of our vendors. He was also very helpful when we were narrowing down our song list and we enjoyed bouncing ideas off one another when working on the set lists. When our wedding day (10/31/15) finally came we couldn't have been happier with how things turned out. The Catz were AMAZING and kept the dance floor packed for three hours! My husband and I were having so much fun we may have left the dance floor for 10 minutes at the most. We cannot thank the Catz enough, especially Richie, for making the best day of our lives to date also the most fun and memorable. W are still receiving endless comments from our wedding guests about how wonderful the Catz were, especially that they were by far the best wedding band they'd ever heard. If you are considering booking a band for any occasion, you should look no further than the Catz. You won't find anything better, we promise.

Sent on 01/23/2016
  • Kacey

Kacey · Married on 09/26/2015

The Catz are the best wedding band you can ever book in Chicago. They absolutely rocked it. They made a special version of our first dance song, played songs that appealed to people of ALL AGES, learned modern tunes, and even played a country song at my new husband's request. They are professional and there to throw a really good party. Richie is a dream to work with. YOU CANNOT GO WRONG!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Kirstin · Married on 08/15/2015

If you're looking for a truly amazing band, Chicago Catz are it! Amazing voices, energy and talent. Our dance floor was packed the whole time!

Sent on 08/17/2015

Alexandra · Married on 06/27/2015

My husband and I were looking for an amazing band that would play a ton of Motown music and would keep people dancing the entire night. The Chicago Catz delivered and we couldn't have been happier with them. When we met prior to the wedding and explained what we wanted, they promised to focus mostly on classics/ Motown music, but also asked that we trust them to do what they needed to do to keep people dancing. They learned the songs for our ceremony, first dance, father daughter etc. and played them beautifully. From the moment the reception began people were dancing, and when they played their last song our guests actually chanted "ONE MORE, ONE MORE," until they played one last song. Hands down the music made the evening, and people are still talking about our band. Absolutely incredible!

Sent on 07/29/2015

Caitlin · Married on 06/13/2015

If we could give the Catz 6 stars we would! We hired them for our wedding and it was, without question, the best investment we made for the entire day. From the first time we spoke with Richie, the process of working with the Catz was phenomenal. They are professional, reliable, flexible and an incredibly fun & friendly group.

Now, onto the show - they ROCKED and our had dance floor packed the entire night. They are amazing performers who perfectly blended together oldies & new, hip hop & pop, rock & funk. They've got a great ability to read the floor and put together a fantastic set list. Richie & the band even learned a few songs for our day and we were blown away by how they came out. No question this is the band you should hire!!

Sent on 06/21/2015

We had the pleasure of having the Chicago Catz perform for our wedding and we couldn't have been happier with their performance. They were, without a doubt, one of the major highlights of our wedding. Their performance was unbelievable, we had guests tell us they felt like they were at a concert! Not only was their performance so memorable, they also learned 3 special songs for our night which were some of the best memories of our wedding. I can't recommend the Catz enough for your wedding!

Sent on 06/08/2015

Linda · Married on 10/18/2014

The Chicago Catz made our wedding! Everyone had a blast and continues to rave about how awesome the band was for our wedding. They really felt the crowd and played songs from all generations...the dance floor was packed the whole night! Richie Davis was very easy to work with and very responsive and attentive to our wedding night agenda. If you want a real band for your wedding, book the Catz ASAP!

Sent on 11/17/2014

Jenna · Married on 04/12/2014

The Catz are incredible. They made our wedding! Music was pretty much our most stressed over piece of the wedding puzzle. We are music snobs and thought we wanted a DJ in order to pick the exact songs to be played. Choosing the Catz allowed us the freedom to just enjoy the party. They know how to get people dancing and keep them dancing all night. They also worked with us for the style of the ceremony and cocktail hour and made it exactly what we wanted. They brought in the right musicians for the styles we requested. Richie Davis is so easy to work with, and is not shy to tell you if something is going to work or not. Then, if it isn't, he gives you amazing suggestions for what will and makes everything awesome. Seriously could not have been happier with the Catz. I would choose them again and again.

Sent on 04/29/2014
  • D · Married on 05/26/2012

The Chicago Catz are absolutely INCREDIBLE! We hired them for my 2012 wedding and it was the best decision I made (apart from my choice of groom :) ). The entertainment can really make or break a wedding so I did my due diligence and saw them play at another wedding as well as 2 music venues in the city before I chose them. After I heard them play live the very first time, I just knew they would completely knock all the guests' socks off and I was right. Working with them was also great- they listened to my preferences, and even learned several songs to play at the reception at my father's request. Over a year later, and people are still telling us how great the band was at my wedding!! Thank you Chicago Catz!

Sent on 11/01/2013

Kirsten · Married on 09/10/2011

Having live music at our wedding was non-negotiable for my husband, and I am glad he was so persistent on that point. Richie and the band were absolutely fantastic! They made our wedding truly memorable. They played music all throughout dinner and dancing. The musicians were superb and from beginning to end were incredibly professional. We received so many compliments from our guests and repeatedly heard that the Chicago Catz were the best wedding band they had ever heard.

Richie was great at working with us to learn songs they did not have in their song list, and also made suggestions for different versions of songs we had selected.

Hiring the Chicago Catz to play our wedding was hands-down the best decision we made throughout the entire wedding planning process.

Sent on 02/08/2012

Nicole · Married on 09/23/2006

The Chicago Catz made my wedding 10 times better by being there. Once they started to play at the reception, my guests, young and old, never sat down. We had to request some mellower songs just to get everyone to sit and eat because they were having so much fun! The talk of the wedding the next day was all about the band and how great the music was all night. I couldn't have asked for better. They were a little out of my budget, but I can't begin to explain how well worth the price they were. They were also more than willing to work and adapt the band to fit my budget and still have high quality music. Additionally, they provided me with beautiful music at the ceremony and cocktail hour. I would highly recommend the Catz to anyone who is looking for some serious dancing to go on.

Sent on 05/22/2008

Chicago Catz's reply:

Thanks Nicole,

you are too sweet!

the catz
  • F

Frank · Married on 05/29/2016

Do not select your band until you have seen these professionals live. This group is over the top good; from their stage presence to the high energy sound & enthusiasm!

Sent on 06/07/2016

greg · Married on 07/11/2015

Had a large number of people come up to us and say this is the best wedding band they've ever heard. My dad is also a lifelong musician and said the Chicago Catz are the best cover band he's ever heard in his life. They were awesome! Great value and Richie was a true pro. Highly, highly recommend.

Sent on 07/26/2015