Chic Bahamas Weddings Reviews

74 | Nassau, BS

74 Reviews for Chic Bahamas Weddings

Chic Bahamas Weddings 1
Chic Bahamas Weddings 2

An absolutely outstanding individual and coordinator. She far, far exceeded all my expectations and made my wedding day a day to remember for the rest of my life . She was warm and friendly to our guests, she ensured we had a wonderful time by having great relationships with all our vendors and hotel staff. Her recommendations for vendors were perfect, and she ensured they were on time and exceeded our expectations. I can only say wonderful things about Marva, and I hope to recommend her to others as well. She truly made the entire experience care free and magical.

Sent on 02/12/2014

Chic Bahamas Weddings's reply:

A BIG thank you for your beautiful compliments. I'm thrilled that we far, far exceeded your expectations and made your wedding day a day to remember. It's great to know that all vendor recommendations were perfect and exceeded your expectations ... so important for a successful event. Thank you for saying wonderful things about me and recommending me to other brides; I truly appreciate this.

Jody · Married on 05/08/2013

Marva was fabulous. She was great at responding quickly to my questions during the planning process.. She went above and beyond and the cost was very reasonable. I would highly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 06/17/2013

Chic Bahamas Weddings's reply:

Thanks so much, Jody. You and your family were wonderful! It was such a pleasure to plan your Bahamas wedding. Thank you for choosing my services.

All my best,

Tiffany · Married on 05/04/2013

Marva, of Chic Bahama Weddings, is phenomenal! She was exceptionally attentive and professional. Our wedding and dinner reception exceeded our expectations. The ceremony was on the beautiful Spanish Main Beach, where Marva went over and above with extra decorations. Our Officiant, Reno Smith, was also spectacular - professional, funny, sincere - everything we could have hoped for and more! The reception dinner was held at Pelican Bay, on Delphine's Balcony, which was perfect for our intimate group of 13 people. The flowers were beautiful. The food and cake were delicious. I'm not sure who made the cake, but it was awesome. Our photographer, Erik Mosvold, was also exceptional. We loved our photos. Amanda, our make up artist hired by Marva, also needs to be noted. She was amazing! Finally, last but certainly not least, Sal and Adrian, two great, great guys at Pelican Bay Resort. Both of these gentlemen were very professional, accommodating, and helpful. We cannot say enough good things about Marva and Pelican Bay Resort! Our wedding was simply magical and we are already planning a return trip to Pelican Bay.

Sent on 05/22/2013

Dear Tiffany,
    Thank you! I am thrilled that your wedding was simply magical. Your intimate event was very special. It was a real joy to work with you to plan your Bahamas Wedding.

Keneisha · Married on 04/27/2013

Marva Munroe (Chic Bahamas Weddings) brought my idea of a dream wedding to life. She always kept me in touch and kept me informed of everything that was being done. Mrs. Munroe came highly recommended so I was never worried to work with her; I was more excited than anything to join forces with her to plan what has to be THE BEST wedding that I have ever been apart of. :)

Sent on 05/05/2013

Hello Keneisha!
    Thank you for your review! It was an absolute delight working with you and your family on your wedding. I enjoyed every minute of this experience.

Danielle · Married on 04/12/2013

Marva Munroe of Chic Bahamas Weddings made my dream wedding come true. She was attentive, Knowledgeable, and informative. She always extended herself beyond expectations. She answered every question I had in a timely manner and made sure to follow up on every detail. Despite living in NY, Marva put me at ease with all my planning needs despite the distance!! If you choose Marva, you can rest assured that you will have the best wedding you could ever imagine.

Sent on 04/19/2013

Dear Danielle,
    I truly appreciate your kind review ... It was wonderful working with you and Gary to plan your Bahamas Wedding at Pelican Bay. Again, many thanks for choosing our services!
    Warm regards,

Megan · Married on 03/03/2013

Marva was amazing! Due to a weather change on the island and a change in our guest list we needed to make some adjustments that I was enormously worried about. Marva assured me that everything would work out but I was skeptical. When the wedding day arrived, Marva and her team really delivered. She arranged all of the services for the wedding including flowers, catering, photography, music, rehearsal dinner etc. I had requested a number of last minute changes due to weather and Marva exceeded all expectations. She was on top of the weather the whole time and was able to schedule our event for a perfect window of time (a rainbow even came out over our ceremony).I can say with confidence that thanks to Marva, we had a more beautiful wedding and reception( and rehearsal dinner) than I could have ever dreamed of!

Sent on 03/25/2013

Hello Megan,
    Thank you for your review. I so much wanted you to have the tropical wedding of yours dreams. I'm thrilled that you were happy. It was a joy to work with you to plan your wedding and to meet and work with your lovely family, too.
    Warmest regards,
    Marva

I cannot even begin. I am the pickiest, most annoying person to work with. Maybe being a big law firm attorney on the east coast has something to do with that. I am extremly obsessive and vocal, but also did not know what I wanted. I contacted Marva and a few other planners in the Bahamas as I am stateside. I found the other planners to be unresponsive. Marva was wonderful. She helped me search through venue, providing me with pictures she personally took just for me, and budget and tons of help, without even forcing me to pay up front for services. Her responsiveness, especially to a control freak like me, was amazing. Her professionalism and kindness really helped calm my frantic personality. She was wonderfully reliable and addressed every little email I shot off to her. I LOVE HER. I rarely recommend people, but Marva is great. I cannot thank her enough.

Sent on 02/12/2013

Chic Bahamas Weddings's reply:

A huge thank you! I appreciate the fact that you're not here to visit venues and see everything first hand. Responding to your queries in a timely fashion is most important to me. I'm so very happy that I was able to help your work through your needs.
    All the best,

Kizzy · Married on 11/24/2012

With only six (6) months to plan my fairy-tale wedding, I was a nervous wreck because I knew that there was no way I could have pulled this off in such a short time. Fortunately, I met Mrs. Marva Munroe in the nick of time to assist in planning and coordinating the most important day of my life. As we diligently prepared for the wedding, Marva would listen attentively to my requests and offer sound advice to supplement & enhance my vision. Every time I called, emailed (sometimes in the wee hours of the morning) or wanted to schedule a meeting, she never hesitated to respond in a timely manner. Every minute detail was articulated and discussed as Marva went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that I was happy. There were no requests that she did not hesitate to grant, which made me feel confident in her and less anxious as the big day swiftly approached.

On November 24th, 2012, as my husband and I made our entrance into our venue, we were left speechless and blown away. The ambiance of the room was one of pure elegance! Marva incorporated lovely decor and special lighting that gave the atmosphere a romantic touch and made sure that everything went smoothly. I definitely received more than what I expected as Marva brought my dream alive that night!

If you wish to have a beautiful, lavish, extraordinary wedding that will blow your mind, you MUST hire Mrs. Marva Munroe. Her professionalism, humble demeanor, charismatic personality and exemplary work will make you fall in love with her and ease any fears that you may have as your special day approaches.

Marva is simply MARVELOUS!

Regards,

Kizzy D. Herry
    The Happiest Newlywed in the Bahamas

Sent on 11/28/2012

Dear Kizzy and Ryan,

I'm so glad that your fairy-tale wedding dreams were realized and that you're happy with your wedding.

It was a delight to work with you to plan your wedding at Pelican Bay! Your comments warm my heart! A big thank you!

All my very best,
    Marva

I did my research, Chic Weddings is the best priced and the best Wedding Company to use if you want a dream wedding come true. She surpassed all expectations and went above and beyond the call of duty. With Chic Weddings you can guarantee it will be the best event or wedding that you have ever experienced. Warning!!! do not use any other company's because they will rip you off, delude you, and they have unforeseen hidden costs. Chic Weddings is top notch and thanks to Marva Munroe, dreams came true.

Sent on 11/28/2012

Chic Bahamas Weddings's reply:

A huge thank you for your review. It was such a pleasure working with you on your magical day. I'm thrilled that you were happy!

Warm regards,

Andrea · Married on 06/16/2012

Marva is an amazing wedding planner. Our wedding was absolutely perfect, down to every detail. She was helpful, extremely professional, detail oriented, and a pleasure to work with when planning a wedding. She listened very carefully to our vision, and on the day of the wedding it was more than we even dreamed of. The set up of the wedding was gorgeous, the food was delicious, the staff was so nice, and Marva was there making everything perfect, every moment of the wedding. WE absolutely love her and couldnt be more happy to recomend her to anyone who is planning a wedding. Our wedding was flawless and PERFECT!

Sent on 07/23/2012

Chic Bahamas Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Andrea, for your review! It was such a pleasure to work with you to plan your amazingly fun wedding! Every activity organized for your guests over your Bahamas Wedding weekend was engaging and exciting for me to organize. Your wedding ceremony processional was unique and very much reflected you! The all white reception dinner, especially your sister's singing, that followed was beautiful. I appreciate your choosing Pelican Bay and Chic Bahamas Wedding services for you wedding! Again, thank you!

Erica · Married on 05/19/2012

Marva,

Our wedding exceeded any and all expectations that Travis and I had. We couldn't have dreamed up a more perfect wedding! From the very beginning you were so thorough, and that's why I chose to work with you. Last August when we started the planning process I contacted many resorts and hotels throughout the Bahamas to get quotes. You were the ONLY wedding planner to respond in a timely manner. You responded the same day, whereas it took everyone a few days to week to get back to me. In addition, I knew exactly what kind of wedding I was getting with you. Other hotels and resorts kept adding costs when I asked about basic things (like napkins). I knew you were the right fit for Travis and I. I wanted someone who was thorough, prompt, and treated our wedding like it mattered. We wanted to feel like we were important, and we always felt like you had time for us during this process. You always responded to my requests in a timely manner and continued that throughout the entire planning process!!! We are so appreciative of that.

Since this was a destination wedding, Travis and I didn't know how to choose the vendors. You provided us with excellent vendors that fit in our budget. You really made the planning process easy and enjoyable. As I mentioned, you were so prompt with responding to our requests and small changes we made throughout our planning process. I felt very comfortable, and you really minimized my stress level because I knew you had everything under control.

We really appreciate you meeting us at the Port to make sure we got through customs and arrived at Pelican Bay. When we arrived at Pelican Bay, Travis and I felt like celebrities!! The hotel guests and employees knew we were getting married that weekend. Everyone was so nice and really went out of their way to make us feel welcome! We also loved our water view state room. It was so spacious and gorgeous! You were so organized with our schedule to meet with all of our vendors. All of the vendors were on time and were prepared! That really matters because it minimized the time Travis and I needed to spend with them and maximized the time we had to spend with our families and friends! The planning really went off without a hitch right up to the wedding day!

I can definitely say that our wedding day was the best day of our lives! All of my bridesmaids loved the hair and make-up ladies. They did such a fantastic job on our hair and make-up! I've never felt so beautiful! The flowers were gorgeous and exceeded my expectations! We really enjoyed the limo ride to the beach. You were so prepared and provided our guests with umbrella's in case of rain. God definitely shined down on us that day, because as soon as I got out of the limo the small rain shower stopped. We were able to have a rain-free beautiful wedding! One of the best surprises was the focal point and flowers you provided at the beach. It was unexpected and made the ceremony even more beautiful! Thank you so much!

All of our guests really enjoyed the boat ride to/from the beach. The little rain shower prompted you to encourage us to get a tent for the reception just in case the weather didn't cooperate. I am so HAPPY we got the tent! It really made our reception more intimate and defined the space. All of the decor was island elegant! It was such a magical scene. Our guests are still talking about that night!

I also want to mention that the food was EXCELLENT!! I cannot emphasize that enough! Each meal was perfectly cooked. I have gotten so many complements on our appetizers, entrees, and desserts! The alcohol was top notch, and the DJ....well he definitely knew how to get us all dancing! Guests were slow dancing during dinner! I've never seen Travis' friends slow dance with their girlfriends/wives, but DJ Earl really knew what music to play! Once dinner was over, I don't think I stopped dancing the entire evening. You definitely know how to select the best vendors!

How can I not mention Lyndah Wells....she is fantastic! She is so energetic, and she is such a talented photographer! Her pictures of our wedding came out beautiful! They are so colorful and intimate. Her candid shots are spectacular! As you know, we all jumped in the pool after the reception was over. Lyndah captured that...even though the reception was "technically over". We are so grateful she was there until the very end and beyond so she could capture those moments. Those are the moments we will remember for the rest of our lives! Lyndah really is a top-notch photographer!

We would not have had this experience without you and your relationships with everyone who made our wedding so special. You are a one-of-a-kind planner, and I know you put in the same effort and time into other weddings as you did ours. That's what makes you such a great wedding planner. Travis and I would really like to keep in touch with you.

Thank you so much for giving us the best night of our lives!!!!!!

Love,

Erica and Travis

Sent on 06/07/2012

Erica,
    It was such a delight to work with you to plan your Bahamas Wedding! From our first meeting on the phone, the planning leading up to your wedding to meeting you in person, I knew that you were special! I thoroughly enjoyed working with you to plan your magical day! Thank you for your sweet and kind comments ... I first read them flying from Las Vegas back home and cried ...
    Love you!

Heather · Married on 04/21/2012

I would do it all the same way again. Marva Munroe made my wedding everything I wanted it to be... And it couldnt have been more stress free. I put all my trust in her for our big day and she didnt dissapoint at all!

Sent on 05/14/2012

Chic Bahamas Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Heather. for your review! Loved working with you to plan your Wedding in the Bahamas!

Susannah · Married on 04/21/2012

Chic Bahamas Weddings is amazing. All of the details of your wedding (big and small) will be arranged for you. Marva Munroe, of Chic Bahamas Weddings, is organized, professional, and also a talented wedding stylist. She will answer all of your questions promptly and she takes care of everything. If you are nervous about having a destination wedding, please choose Chic Bahamas Weddings. You will have nothing to be nervous about!

We chose a beach wedding with a reception at Pelican Bay Hotel. All of my guests had a fantastic time and my husband and I had the best day of our lives. Thanks, Chic Bahamas Weddings!

Sent on 05/14/2012

Chic Bahamas Weddings's reply:

Susannah, many thanks for your review. And, thank you, too, for choosing our services.

Thank you to Chic Bahamas Weddings, Marva Munroe, and all of the people involved at Pelican Bay. Our wedding was so amazingly perfect. The entire day was so seamless. The ceremony was gorgeous with such special touches and details, the food was amazing, and the DJ kept the dance going. People are still talking about how great our wedding was, even the family that was skeptical of a destination wedding! Marva has a special gift when it comes to making a bride's dream come true, she is a wedding planning angel! We truly couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding!

Sent on 07/25/2012

Chic Bahamas Weddings's reply:

We're thrilled that your wedding was amazingly perfect and seamless. We delight in providing special touches and details. Thank you for choosing us; we were so happy to stage a perfect wedding for you and your guests!
    With the very best of wishes,

Elizabeth · Married on 04/02/2011

We knew we wanted a destination wedding, and the Bahamas were our choice location- close to the U.S. and easy to get to. We didn’t want a large commercial resort. We wanted to something smaller, more intimate, with character. We loved how relaxing and peaceful Pelican Bay was. Everyone was so friendly and the state rooms were so charming. Sabor had great food, and you’re right next to the Marketplace; across the street from the beach. There were so many amenities, all conveniently located. Marva made planning the wedding so easy. She was patient, always answering all of our questions. She truly went above and beyond, surpassing our greatest expectations for the day. Everything turned out better than we ever could have imagined.

Everyone loved our wedding. Guests said it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to. They loved the food, DJ, the cake, and said they had an amazing time.

Sent on 06/25/2011

Chic Bahamas Weddings's reply:

Thank you for reviewing our services. We're so happy that planning your Bahamas Destination Wedding was stress free and that your guests enjoyed the experience.

Heather · Married on 06/26/2010

Marva is an AMAZING wedding planner and Pelican Bay did a wonderful job! My friends and family are still talking about how my wedding was the best ever! I highly recommend Pelican Bay for a beautiful destination wedding!

Sent on 02/13/2011

Chic Bahamas Weddings's reply:

We're so happy that your family and friends are talking about how your wedding was the best ever! Thank you for choosing us!

Elaine · Married on 07/26/2014

Travis and I wanted to thank you for your superb job organizing our wedding and honeymoon. Everything from the flowers, decorations, and the table settings were exquisite. Hair, makeup, and photography people were outstanding. I loved Amanda, Bishop Reno and Nelson! Flying Fish was the perfect place for our little intimate celebration.
    We fell in love with Exuma! Turquoise Cay where we honeymooned was AMAZING. The atmosphere and the people were so nice. Exuma is truly heaven on earth! It was hard to leave to go home. Definitely will be coming back in the near future. We should of stayed another day in Exuma and skipped Atlantis!
    Thanks again Miss Marva for making our wedding day such a memorable day in our lives.
    XOXO ~ Travis & Elaine Young

Sent on 10/22/2014

Dear Travis and Elaine,
    Many thanks for your kind review. We were delighted to work with you to organize your wedding, honeymoon, flowers, decorations, et al. I'm very happy that Flying Fish was the perfect place for your intimate wedding and that you fell in love with Exuma and Turquoise Cay Boutique Hotel. We can't wait to welcome you back!
    Warmest regards,
    Marva xoxo
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 04/14/2012

I had the wedding of my dreams thanks to Marva at Chic Bahamas Weddings! I started planning about a year before my wedding and she kept me on task and made the planning seemless for me. Everywhere from her choice of flowers, to her attentiveness, she was PERFECT. My guests continue to tell me it was the best wedding they have ever been too. It was the best day of my life. Chic Bahamas Weddings is the only way to go if you want a destination wedding.

Sent on 05/18/2012

Chic Bahamas Weddings's reply:

I appreciate your review, Crystal! I had a blast planning your wedding at Pelican Bay! Thank you for choosing the hotel and my company's services.

Allison · Married on 11/21/2015

Marva was simply the best! Almost immediately after our first phone conversation with her to learn more about her services, and for her to learn about what we envisioned for our perfect day, my then-fiance/now-husband and I knew she was the right person to help us make that vision a reality.

We opted for a small wedding (we estimated about 30 total guests and it ended up being 27 total, including us) on Exuma island in the Bahamas. Our ceremony was at a "no-name" beach in the town of Forbes Hill, about a 10 min drive from Turquoise Cay hotel, which is where our cocktail hour and reception were. My main request was to find a beach that would be very private for our ceremony, and we got exactly what we wanted stumbling upon this "no-name" beach.

Marva was always a pleasure to speak with via email or phone and very responsive with everything. She truly went above and beyond with helping arrange the various events for my wedding weekend (Rehearsal dinner the night before, post-wedding brunch at another nearby hotel, and then a swimming pigs tour for my family and friends!), along with coordinating transportation for all of our guests. She not only took care of my husband and I, but also all of our friends and family who traveled a long way to celebrate with us.

I will note that we did have a few hiccups along the way (who doesn't during the wedding planning process?), but all of the issues were out of Marva's control and even then, we always felt like Marva was on our side negotiating on our behalf and making sure our best interests were well taken care of.

If you plan on having a destination wedding in the Bahamas, I would very highly recommend you get in touch with Marva!! Our special day could not have happened without her and for that I will be forever grateful!

Sent on 11/30/2015

Hello Allison,

A huge thank you for taking the time to review our services. We appreciate this immensely. I'm so happy that your wish for a private beach for your ceremony was realized. Your weekend of activities were great fun. It was a pleasure working with you! Thank you for your recommendation. With every best wish for a blessed and joy-filled marriage!

Rhonda · Married on 06/29/2013

Marva made our wedding completely worry and hassle-free. She did an amazing job at coordinating everything and made sure that we got the wedding that we didn't even know was possible! When we contacted Marva, we did not know exactly what we wanted for our wedding day and rehearsal dinner. She was able to work with us to discover what we wanted and she helped give us the most amazing wedding day! We would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 07/26/2013

Jen · Married on 11/12/2011

Marva was wonderful and we didn't have to worry about a thing. We had a wonderful wedding and our guests had a great time. The food was really good and our DJ was great.

If I had to do it again, I wouldn't change a thing.

Sent on 04/11/2012

Thank you, Jen.
  • Y

Yatasha · Married on 10/02/2010

I would highly recommend getting married at Pelican Bay! Marva Monroe (Wedding Specialist) was absolutely wonderful to work with along with her staff. I sent pictures to her for how I wanted certain things to look and to my amazement.... everything was pretty close (especially my wedding cake and chuppah)!

My advice to future brides is to be specific, know what you want. If you go into planning knowing this you will be well on your way.

Sent on 02/13/2011

Chic Bahamas Weddings's reply:

We appreciate your review and are delighted that everything was close to your vision!

Happy & satisfied with service provided by this vendor

Sent on 05/22/2013

Chic Bahamas Weddings's reply:

Many thanks for your review. We're delighted that you were happy and satisfied with our services.
    All my very best,

Akilah · Married on 05/23/2013

3.5

My husband and I came from New York to have our wedding at Pelican Bay Hotel in Freeport, Bahamas. We have very close friends who lived in the Bahamas and were able to provide quite a few essential vendors. So, when it came to coordination, Marva was the best person to have around. She was knowledgeable of many of the vendors that I was working with on my own and had a good rapport with a lot of people on the island. Communication was seamless and Marva was professional and punctual at all times. It's not common nor easy for a couple having a destination wedding to pull from different resources, but Marva handled that effortlessly and was kind all throughout.
    Even when our flight to the Bahamas for our wedding got pushed back an entire day (causing our whole itinerary to end up a day behind!), Marva remained calm and flexible, which helped our nerves. She communicated with all the people with whom we had meetings, and re-arranged alternate plans. Our wedding (and all the events and coordination leading up to it) was beautiful...just like a dream. I highly recommend Marva.

Sent on 09/23/2014

Hi Akilah,

Thanks so much for your kind review. It was an absolute pleasure to host you and your guests at Pelican Bay Hotel for your special day. We appreciate your choosing the property for your wedding and are delighted that your event was beautiful ... just like a dream. I'm very happy that everything worked out in spite of your flight delay.
    Marva~