Chic Bahamas Weddings Reviews

74 Reviews for Chic Bahamas Weddings

Chic Bahamas Weddings 1
Chic Bahamas Weddings 2

Michaela · Married on 05/22/2015

Even though I've always dreamed of having a beach wedding, I was so nervous trusting someone to organize my big day from afar. Marva is truly one of a kind. Not only was she a wedding planner, but she was a consultant, a coordinator, and sometimes even a mediator. She reaches for the moon with every wedding she does and she embraces creativity with an open mind (even when my ideas didn't work out). She made the process as smooth and easy as possible and our wedding day was an absolute dream. Our guests will be raving about it for a very long time, and she helped make our dream wedding a reality. I can't fully express our gratitude in words, but thank you Marva for everything. We will recommend your services to anybody that is looking for the very best!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Chic Bahamas Weddings's reply:

Hello Michaela, thank you very much for your sweet review. I can certainly appreciate and understand how nervous you must have been entrusting your wedding day to someone you did not know. It's a great joy to know that the process was as smooth and easy as possible and your wedding day was an absolute dream. Wishing you a joyous and happy marriage life!

Cheryl · Married on 05/18/2015

Everything was flawless thanks to the exceptional attention to detail by our fabulous wedding planner. She really understood our wedding vision and went above and beyond to make our special day perfect. I truly believe that the night was so memorable because of all the extra little touches that were meticulously added in. Our friends and family are all still raving about the wedding.

Sent on 05/27/2015

Chic Bahamas Weddings's reply:

Hello Cheryl, many thanks for reviewing my services! It was an immense pleasure to deliver your wedding vision and beyond to make your special day perfect. Our team was more than happy to make your night memorable with little touches. Great news that your friends and family are still raving about your wedding! With every best wish for a marriage filled with joy and happiness!
    Marva~

Marva was so easy to work with. She was responsive and made the process of planning a destination wedding a breeze. We couldn't have done it without her!

Sent on 06/07/2015

Chic Bahamas Weddings's reply:

Hi Genevieve, lovely ... we were more than happy to make your destination wedding planning a breeze. Your review is most appreciated. Wishing you a marriage of blessings and happiness!

Colette · Married on 04/11/2015

Really happy with the service Marva provided. She was extremely professional and made my wedding look beautiful. She captured my theme, colors, and concept beautifully and it looked better than I hoped.

Sent on 06/23/2017

Chic Bahamas Weddings's reply:

Hello Colette, it's wonderful that you were really happy with the services Chic Bahamas Weddings provided and that your wedding looked beautiful! Thank you ... this brings us great joy.

Wishing you and Uma a lifetime of happiness and joy!

David · Married on 02/23/2015

Chic Bahamas was a Godsend for our wedding planning, logistics, and event. Chic Bahamas had the patience to help us through one postponement and helped arrange the most beautiful dress, timely Officiant, and amazing photographer among many details that made our day so very special. Her help in finding the perfect site in Exuma met Jackline and my personal dreams and hopes. Our wedding stay was full of timely productivity, yet filled with an abundant amount of non-stress time together. The wedding day was amazing and we shall never forget our experience. Marva Munroe's flexibility, professionalism, and responsiveness were beyond exceptional. The quality of service and priceless value of her services gave us a lifetime of precious memories. Thank you Chic Bahamas Weddings. Thank you Marva Munroe

Sent on 03/10/2015

Dear David and Jackie,
    Thank you for your compliments. It was a joy to work with you to plan your beautiful Exuma Bahamas Wedding. I'm so very happy that you and Jackie were able to spend an abundant amount of non-stress time together and that your wedding day was amazing. Wishing you a lifetime of blessings and happiness!
    Warm regards,

Raquel · Married on 12/12/2014

Very pleased with the service provided. Very professional! What I appreciated most was the level of organization and the availability. Marva was always just a phone call or an email away and she responded to every email, call and request in a very timely manner.

Sent on 12/18/2014

Hi Raquel,
    Your stellar review has made my day, thank you! Working with amazing brides like yourself makes what I do worth every effort. You've certainly found me out; organization is what keeps my world running smoothly. I feel very honored to have been a part of your memorable day. I wish you both many years of happiness, laughter and love.

Natalia · Married on 11/15/2014

Where do I begin with my praises. I remembered the first time I spoke to you over the phone about my Wedding. You seemed just as excited as me. Your ideas for locations and decorations were spot on. No time was ever wasted, which I admire. I cannot say Thank you enough to Marva and her Team. You gave me peace with the planning, always so well organized and knowledgeable to all of the ridiculous questions I had. It is hard to keep a bunch of Latin women in order :) I learned to let go and trust you, and I didn't regret a thing. You went beyond my expectations. My beach wedding was better than what I had dreamed. If I ever encounter anyone that is thinking about having their wedding in the Bahamas, I will make sure they speak to you.

Sent on 11/26/2014

Hi Naty!
    A huge thank you for your review. It was exciting to work with you to plan your Bahamas beach wedding. I'm elated over the fact that your event exceeded your expectations. The set-up was quite pretty, the beach and sand bar were lovely ... can't wait to see the photos! You Latin ladies were great fun ... I enjoyed working with you immensely. I'm happy that we provided you with a wedding of your dreams.
    Thank you for your willingness to recommend us!
    xoxo

Brooke · Married on 11/15/2014

Working with Marva was simply marvelous! If I could give her 10 stars I would! From the first time I spoke with her on the phone I knew that my now-husband & I were in great hands. She has treated us with nothing but the utmost kindness, understanding and professionalism throughout our whole wedding planning process. As a Bride-to-Be I had heard all the horror stories of how stressful planning a wedding could be. But I can say working with Marva made life SO much easier! All the comments I got from friends and family about how I was the calmest bride ever were all because of Marva! She was always so easy to connect with, answering all of our emails & questions promptly. I loved how she listened to what we wanted every step of the way (and made that her priority) but still offered her professional expertise to steer us in the right direction in the times we weren't sure of what we wanted. Her attention to every single small detail amazed me! One of the most common compliments we are STILL getting from our wedding guests is how every single tiny detail of the wedding weekend was carried out so meticulously and flawlessly! Our guests were treated amazingly from the moment they were met at the airport for pickup. The Welcome Party/Beach Bonfire was so much fun for my husband and I, and a huge hit with our guests!! Our beach ceremony and reception at Pelican Bay was EVERYTHING we could have dreamed of. We truly thank Marva and Chic Bahamas Weddings for making our wedding a fairytale! It makes us feel amazing when we hear so many people say we had the best wedding they had ever been to. I would recommend anyone who wants a flawless wedding without all the stress to work with Chic Bahamas Weddings! You will not regret it!

Sent on 12/02/2014

Hi Brooke,
    Your beautiful review is most appreciated. I fully understand the stress every bride feels when planning her special day. It's extremely gratifying that you and your guests feel that every single tiny detail of your wedding weekend was carried out so meticulously and flawlessly! I'm smiling as I recall the weekend you and I communicated non-stop via Pinterest until the vision and style for your wedding was captured. It was great fun working with you, Brooke! Thank you for choosing our services for your wedding!!

Heidi · Married on 09/23/2014

I don't think I can explain how amazing Marva is!! She made sure I was completely stress-free and took care of even the smallest of details! It was the wedding of my dreams!! Thank you again! ❤️
    Love, Heidi and Mark

Sent on 10/05/2014

Hello Heidi and Mark,
    A huge thank you for your lovely review. I was thrilled to work with you to plan your magical day. I'm ever so happy that you were pleased.
    Love,

Jen · Married on 08/09/2014

Marva Munroe and her team at Chic Bahamas Weddings are amazing. I would recommend them to any bride that wants to have a stress free and amazing wedding day. Marva handled every single detail for our small beach ceremony/reception at the Grand Lucayan Resort in Freeport, Bahamas. Marva was so professional and knowledgeable she put my mind at ease. We had never been to the bahamas and were planning a wedding there, scary right? Not with Chic Bahamas Weddings. She answered all of our questions and exceeded all of our expectations. Thank you Marva for creating such a beautiful day for us and all of our guests. We had an amazing time and you made that possible!

Sent on 09/15/2014

Hi Jen,
    Your review is immensely appreciated. It was a delight to work with you to plan such a beautiful day for you and your guests. I'm ever so happy that your expectations were exceeded. Wishing you and Moe many years of marriage bliss!

Shara · Married on 05/17/2014

Where do I begin.. Marva is amazing! I was beyond stressed a couple days before leading up to the wedding due to flight and weather issues causing us to get to our destination. But our wedding day was worth going through it all. Everything turned out beyond more than what my husband and I could have expected. I'm usually a really hands on person and I love dealing with even the littlest details of things, so when my husband and I first decided on a destination wedding.. I was skeptic about not being able to see any planning or detail before. We thought choosing the service/planner would be difficult because when we researched a couple services and called around, other planners had assistance answering their phone lines. But when we called Chic Bahamas Weddings, Marva herself answered. That meant a lot to us because when you want to plan one of he biggest days of your lives without physically being there, you want to be able to feel connected and trust someone. Marva gave us that feeling instantly so we were confident we wanted to go with Chic Bahamas Weddings. We are so glad we did!! Our reception was absolutely beautiful. I was a little worried because we had less guests (15 altogether) than we intended to have and didn't know how everything would turn out.. But it did! Everyone had so much fun and are still talking about it 'til this day. :) We will hold a special place in our hearts for Marva, she truly is amazing and just the best! She made our dream wedding come true and more. I cannot thank he enough! Thank you so much Marva and Chic Bahamas Weddings!

Sent on 06/24/2014

Hello Shara,
    Thank you for your amazing review! I appreciate your trust in me and am delighted that everything turned out beyond what you and Zach could have expected. It's great to know that you hold a special place in your hearts for me. I wish both of you a blessed life of much joy and happiness.
    Fondly,

Kerry · Married on 04/26/2014

Marva Monroe, as well as her entire team and staff at the Pelican Bay Hotel were absolutely unbelievable. All were very attentive to myself and new husband as well as all of our guests. There were two waiters that were assigned to us all week and we saw them numerous times a day. They always asked if we needed anything and helped with anything we asked. Marva and i spoke on the phone while planning our wedding numerous times. I emailed her probably more times than necessary, she always responded very quickly and answered any questions that I had. I sent pictures of the tables at the reception, flowers, aisle decor etc. Everything was EXACT. It was unbelievable. Marva Monroe, Chic Bahama Weddings and Pelican Bay Hotel made my dreams come true. It was truly not only a night, but a week to remember. I can't thank you all enough!!!!!!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Hi Kerry,
    A huge thank you for your kind comments about the services of the Pelican Bay staff and Chic Bahamas Weddings. We were thrilled to host you and your guests for this most important occasion. We're very happy that the week will be one that you will remember. Wishing you much joy and happiness.
    Fondly,

Kristin · Married on 04/20/2014

Marva Munroe and CHIC BAHAMAS WEDDINGS is the very best! If you have any hesitation about hosting a destination wedding on Grand Bahamas, then put your fears to rest, and chose Marva! I'm from DE, and my wedding this past April was a breeze to plan. Marva executed and delivered everything she promised and more. Our 45+ guests are STILL sharing pictures and stories, and raving about our Rehearsal Dinner and Wedding in Paradise!Because of Marva and Chic Bahamas Weddings, I was able to spend all my time with my husband, our families and our guests, and never had to worry about coordinating times, locations, cabs, etc. She truly did it all!!! She is always smiling, always puts you at ease, and ABOVE and BEYOND anything else, Marva Munroe has IMPECCABLE taste!! My wedding was classic, beachy, beautiful! And FUN! She arranged for every vendor from our photographer to our baker! As an event planner myself, I was skeptical about working with people I hadn't met, but she knows the very best vendors to work with
    Additionally, Marva easy to reach by phone or email, and ALWAYS prompt with a response to every question. It felt like talking to your best friend/mother. Her answer to every question was "I'll handle that for you!" "I'll find out for you!" or "Yes, of course!"
    She worked seamlessly our hotel/venue, Pelican Bay, ensuring everyone received the appropriate room rates. She scheduled all our transportation, worked out every detail of filing for our Marriage Certificate, and hired a wonderful, charming Officiant for our ceremony. She even recommended the fabulous resort in Exuma where we spent our honeymoon!As a wedding planner, I hold her in the highest regard, and as a person, I feel like I made a wonderful friend who has a special place in my heart. If I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't change a thing. Simply stated, Marva Munroe and Chic Bahamas Weddings made my destination wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 07/08/2014

Hi Kristin,

A big thank you for your lovely review! It was an absolute pleasure to host you and your guests for your classic, fun, beachy wedding. I too feel like I made a wonderful friend who has a special place in my heart. It's warming to know that if you had it to do all over again, you wouldn't change a thing and that we made your destination wedding dreams come true!

With every best wish for a marriage filled with joy and happiness!

Rebecca · Married on 04/17/2014

Chic Bahamas Weddings met and far exceeded my expectations for my wedding! I never dreamed of having a wedding when I was a little girl, so when I knew I was going to have one I knew I wanted one where I could relax and not spend my whole year planning the tiny individual details. So what's better than having someone else arrange it in another country?? My ultimate experience was all about everyone having a nice vacation and enjoying my family and friend time with no stress about details that only I knew about, and that is exactly what I got! Marva really seemed to go above and beyond. I was worried that she specialized in resort weddings and might not be equipped for my secluded location wedding, however she rocked it. I was 30 minutes outside of Freeport, and she still made 3 trips in the week to make sure that we were 100% okay. When the wedding day came, all vendors showed up and actually seemed to care about their product. It rained in the morning, and they were all so quick to protect everything until the rain stopped. When Marva came in she was on the ball directing everything to be perfectly coordinated, between the steel pan players, the DJ, the chef, the officiant, the AMAZING photographer WilGrant, the lights, and the flowers nothing missed a beat.
    I know that having a wedding planner that you have never met in a country that you may or may not have ever gone to arranging your wedding is kind of frightening. ( The whole year I had a nightmare in the back of my mind that I would arrive in the Bahamas and never be able to get a hold of her) But relax, she really does have it!!! Do your job of making your pins, pick your dress, choose your location ( I recommend a private house over a public resort) and pay Chic Bahamas Weddings and you will NOT regret it!!! It was the best day of my life, and amazingly beautiful! I will never be able to say thank you enough to Marva and wish I could live the day over and over and over again.

Sent on 05/07/2014

Dear Rebecca,

How wonderful that your dreams were all realized during your Bahamas destination wedding! A huge thank you for writing such a detailed review of your experience with us. It was a delight to go above and beyond to ensure that your expectations for your wedding were exceeded.

We enjoyed working with you to plan your event. Thank you for relaxing and entrusting us with your magical day!

Wishing you and Patrick many years of marriage bliss!

Chloe · Married on 04/14/2014

Marva is absolutely wonderful to work with! She put everything together perfectly, and made our wedding very stress free.

Sent on 04/30/2014

Chic Bahamas Weddings's reply:

Thank you for your review! It was a pleasure to plan your event ... I'm very happy that the experience was very stress free.

Warmest regards,
  • O

Onyinyechi · Married on 04/12/2014

Marva Munroe is exceptionally professional. I will recommend Chic Bahamas wedding to any bride who wants to go to sleep and have a flawlessly planned wedding. I had a destination wedding in the Bahamas and the planning was superb. I attended my wedding just like every other guest and everything went as planned. She took care of everything including my honeymoon. With her planning skills, it didn't worry me that we were miles away from each other ( I live in Nigeria, Africa). She made my dream of a beautiful, intimate wedding come true.

Sent on 05/29/2014

Dear Onyi,
    Your review of our services is deeply appreciated. Thank you! I'm ever so happy that you were able to sleep and have a flawlessly planned wedding. It's most important to me that your planning is stress free and your destination wedding in the Bahamas superb. It's also lovely to know that you attended your wedding just like every other guest and everything went as planned.

Wishing you blessings and a joy filled marriage!

Sylvia & Jabari · Married on 04/11/2014

Marva Munroe of Chic Bahamas Weddings was simply phenomenal! Our wedding was exactly what we wanted--intimate, stress free, and beautiful. We did not have to worry about a single wedding detail, and we were free to enjoy our vacation. Ms. Munroe took care of everything. She went above and beyond to make sure we were happy with our accommodations, which was very important to us. She also helped us with other unexpected items such as planning dinners for our guests. Overall, Ms. Munroe was the key to our wonderful vacation, and our awesome wedding ceremony. Thank you Chic Bahamas Weddings!

Sent on 06/01/2014

Dear Sylvia,
    Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review; it's immensely appreciated. It was a delight to organize your intimate, stress free event so that you were free to enjoy the experience. I'm so glad that everything worked out with your accommodations.
    With every best wish for a marriage life of joyous bliss!

Scott · Married on 02/05/2014

Marva worked with us and our limited time and budget. She found us an amazing venue, for both the wedding and the reception. It was easy, and really took the fear out of planning a wedding abroad. I would recommend Marva/Chic Bahama Weddings to any couples out there looking for something in the Bahamas!

Sent on 02/19/2014

Hello Scott,

Thank you very much for your beautiful review. I'm really happy that you were pleased with the venue for both your ceremony and reception. It's great to know that your experience with me took the fear out of planning your wedding abroad. I truly appreciate your review and recommendation of my services.

All my very best,

Scott & Andria · Married on 02/05/2014

Very happy with Marva and her team.....they were wonderful! I found her on google and she was quick to respond and very professional. She made everything very easy and everything looked beautiful. I sent her a picture of a possible bouquet made of shells and she not only had it made but had the cake match as well. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a stress free day! Thank you Marva!

Sent on 03/17/2014

Chic Bahamas Weddings's reply:

Thanks so much! It was fun working with you on your magical day. I'm really glad that you were pleased and recommend our services. Many thanks for your lovely review.

Kelley · Married on 01/11/2014

Marva was wonderful and made EVERYTHING about our wedding in the Bahamas very easy and stress free.

Sent on 01/17/2014

Hello Kelley,
    A BIG thank you for your review of our services. It was an absolute pleasure to host you and your guests for your magical day!
    Warmest regards,

Samantha · Married on 12/07/2013

We got married at Pelican Bay in December 2013. Marva was amazing from start to finish. We started planning our destination wedding about a year prior and Marva was always extremely prompt in her responses, either via email or over the phone. We were a bit hesitant about having a destination wedding, but Marva quickly put our minds at ease with her professionalism and extensive knowledge. Once we arrived in the Bahamas for our wedding weekend, Marva helped to make our time there worry free. For example, even though the flowers we had wanted for the groomsmen boutonnieres were not available, Marva made sure to get a flower which looked almost the same. This is the type of attentiveness that she provides to her couples. On the day of the wedding, everything was just as we had imagined, from the ceremony, to the flowers, to the food. Everything was just perfect. Marva is truly a gem and we are so happy to have worked with her for our dream wedding!

Sent on 01/05/2014

Hello Samantha,

Thanks so much for reviewing our services. We're delighted that everything was just perfect and were so happy to host you and your guests for your event.

Marva Munroe

Chrystelle · Married on 10/13/2013

Chic Bahamas Weddings is simply in a class of its own. We contacted Marva about planning our wedding only 8 weeks before the wedding date. Notwithstanding the short time frame, and the very detailed specifications that we had, she was undaunted. She listened to, and delivered on, all of our requirements. She was accessible and responsive to all of our inquiries. Her organization was meticulous. She was unfazed by our changes. Her performance was impeccable and beyond our expectations. On the day of our wedding, she not only delivered on her part of the programme but she also helped to resolve issues with other service providers where necessary. We had a wonderful wedding and we are unreservedly grateful to Marva and Chic Bahamas Weddings. Well done Marva!!!

Sent on 10/26/2013

Dear Chrystelle,
    A big thank you for this beautiful review of my services. It was a real joy to work with you to plan your magical day! I'm so glad that you were happy with our work.
    Marva

Easy to work with. Great customer service. Provided everything I asked for.

Sent on 11/27/2013

Chic Bahamas Weddings's reply:

Thanks so much for your review. We're so happy that you were pleased with my service.

Regards,

Maggy · Married on 09/14/2013

I am more than pleased with the services provided by Marva from Chic Bahamas Weddings! My wedding was magical and more than I could've imagined! Marva definitely went above and beyond to portray my view within my budget! She has beautiful taste and provides advice when needed. Marva responded to emails and calls immediately. I received awesome feedback from my guests. All vendors recommended by Marva were reasonable, reliable, professional, and amazing! She was an absolute joy to work with!!! I don't know what I would've done without her!!!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Dear Maggy,
    Thank you very much for your kind words. I'm delighted that my services pleased you and that your family and friends felt your event was awesome. It was a great pleasure to work with you to plan your special day!
    Warm regards,

Amy · Married on 06/08/2013

From the moment I first contacted Marva, she was the utmost professional. She provided a great deal of feedback before we had even signed a contract, and she did so promptly. I expressed to her that I simply wanted to show up and put on a dress, and she graciously and effectively handled everything else. The vendors she recommended were professional, courteous and early. The venue was more than I could have hoped for and her recommendations around the island were superb. Every meal out was fantastic thanks to her recommendations. My family who attended had only the highest marks to say about the, and even my fiance said she was exceptional and couldn't have imagined the planning with out. Most of all, my mother, who paid for the wedding and is a widow, loved the small touches and care she made throughout the process, even after the ceremony. I couldn't have imagined a better experience and would recommend her very highly. Exceptional!

Sent on 06/23/2013

Dear Amy,
    You're so sweet. I truly appreciate your review of my services and enjoyed every minute of planning your lovely wedding with you. Your Mom was special. Again, a big thank you for choosing me to plan your magical day!
    All my very best,