Chevy Chase Country Club Reviews

68 | Wheeling, IL

68 Reviews for Chevy Chase Country Club

68 Chevy Chase Country Club Reviews

Kelly · Married on 09/26/2014

Chevy Chase Country Club was amazing!!! Jan, Walt, James and Patrick were all fabulous and so kind and helpful!!! The location is beautiful and the staff go above and beyond!! I love hearing all my guests talk about how everything was so beautiful, the food was delicious and the bar staff was fantastic! I would HIGHLY recommend Chevy Chase Country Club for your wedding!!

Sarah · Married on 09/19/2014

We recently had both our ceremony and reception at Chevy Chase and have nothing but good things to say. From our initial meeting through planning and the day of, everything was very organized with clear direction on what was needed from us. Jan was always available to answer any questions that we had and make sure we had everything exactly how we wanted it + more. The service was extremely organized during dinner service with an abundance of courteous and caring wait servers. We had a black-tie wedding at an extremely reasonable price, without even using the Ballroom or outdoor grand patio! The food is delicious with extra large portions for everyone. Can't say enough good things; we continue to go to other events there regularly.

Lindsay · Married on 09/06/2014

Beautiful venue!!! Wendy and Jan were great in responding and helping with all details. Thanks for making it a great wedding!!!!

Jackie · Married on 07/26/2014

Chevy Chase was fabulous! We couldn’t have possibly picked a better, kinder, more accommodating group of people to work with! I will forever be grateful to Jan, James, and Walt for making our wedding everything we hoped it would be. We received so many compliments throughout our reception about how wonderful the staff was, how delicious the food was, and how beautiful the venue was. One of the best parts of our whole planning experience was having Jan and James there to support us and listen to us throughout it all. When you visit Chevy Chase, you'll be blown away by the historic beauty of the Grand Ballroom, the grandeur of the old-fashioned bar room, and the splendor of the grounds. You'll also be amazed by the hospitality of the people who work there! They truly want you to have the wedding of your dreams and will work with you to make your day everything you want it to be. When planning a wedding, it is the support of your vendors that makes all the difference, and Chevy Chase most definitely has the best team out there!

Jennifer · Married on 07/11/2014

This place was wonderful and The staff was excellent.

Tran · Married on 09/01/2013

I'm so happy to found Chevy Chase after my other restaurant cancelled on me 4months before my wedding. Jan, the manager was so flexible and friendly and Chef Walt and James were great. My husband taught them a 6 courses traditional Vietnamese menu that they've never done and they execute it perfectly. Everyone was so friendly and helpful, and willing to work with you and your budget. The place is huge and beautiful. We got so much compliment for our wedding.

Lisa · Married on 07/26/2013

Our guests were pleased with "uniqueness" of our venue. It wasn't the same old bland reception hall. There are many beautiful areas for memorable pictures. The new patio is the perfect place to have an outdoor wedding even when a huge storm is threatening! The food was outstanding, both the appetizers and the main course. It was heart-warming as a hostess to walk around and see everyone' s clean plate!! The staff was very accommodating. Chef Walter is the absolute best! The price was very affordable as well.

Skyla · Married on 07/13/2013

I only had my ceremony at chevy chase and it was amazing. The grounds are beautiful and the patio area was a perfect setting for my wedding!! Our guests loved the area And could only say positive things. I worked with Jan and Wendy and they were both so sweet and caring!! I definitely recommend this venue! All the staff was amazing and helpful! Such a pleasure to work with and they truly made our big day one we will never forget!! Thank you!!

Diane · Married on 06/02/2013

BOOK HERE!!! Big hug (and squeeze) to Jan, Wendy, Walt & the rest of the CC team. They ARE amazing as individuals & as a team. They made our budget wedding AMAZING & was ultra accommodating!!! That feeling is HUGE on a such a special day. Everyone commended how delicious the food was. The best at a wedding they ever had...Go Walt!!! We love you Jan & THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!! You gave us a calm & happy start and we are going VERY STRONG 1 1/2 yrs later!!! We love you so much!

• Taylor

Taylor · Married on 05/04/2013

Chevy Chase, what can I say? WOW they were FABULOUS. We couldn’t have possibly picked a better, kinder, more accommodating group of people to work with. I will forever be grateful to Jan, Wendy, Joe, and Walt for making our wedding an honest to God dream come true. I have never heard so many people rave about a single event in my life. The food was INCREDIBLE, the lighting was fantastic, the linens were beautiful, the set-up was beyond my expectation, and above all, the support they provided us over the last 14 months was simply phenomenal! If you visit, the room, the bar, the patio, and basically the entire venue speaks for itself, but I truly cannot say enough about this group of people! When planning a wedding, it is the support of your vendors that truly makes all the difference, and Chevy Chase most definitely has the A Team!

Jill · Married on 09/21/2012

AMAZING!!! Chevy chase is a gorgeous place to have your wedding. The grand ballroom is beautiful and my husband fell in love with their giant bar :-). The staff was professional and the food was absolutely delicious. I can't thank them enough for making the planning and execution of our wedding as simple as possible. A++++

If I could give them 10 stars, I would! Excellent, excellent job throughout the whole process. You have a wedding coordinator throught the process as well, even the night of, there is someone to "run" things behind the scenes. The food was FANTASTIC (butt steak, champaign chicken, fruit, salad, garlic mashed), the appitizers were delectable, and the cale was to die for. Very professional, reasonably priced, and easy to communicate with. If you have special requests, don't shy away from asking- they do everything they can to make your day wonderful! Everything was perfect.

I could not have been more pleased with having my wedding at Chevy Chase. In addition to beautiful grounds for taking pictures, a gorgeous ballroom, and awesome pricing, it was the customer service that really stuck out. The ladies I worked with genuinely cared about my event and were very responsive throughout the process. They accommodated every idea I had and the event cound not have run more smoothly. I also got compliments on the food, which is extremely rare at weddings. I would recommend getting married at Chevy Chase to everyone I know!

Kevin · Married on 06/30/2012

Made the day go incredibly smooth. Couldn't have asked for better service, food, and professionalism. Wendy and Monica were so helpful in accommodating all of our needs. After working in the wedding serving industry for a number of years and eating a lot of banquet food, Chef Walt's food is by far the best I have ever had. You can see he has a genuine passion for what he does. The room was flawless and the bar renovation was awesome. Chevy Chase did a great job keeping the stress level down for both my bride and I.

Anne · Married on 10/23/2011

The location is outstanding. We were able to have the ceremony outside on the patio. All the guests loved it as we had the sunset as a backdrop. Everything was taken care of for us on the day of the wedding. They coordinated with the vendors allowing for us to just enjoy our day. Food is just awesome - anything we tasted. We had guests that have been to several weddings attesting that this was the best food yet. They work with the bakery Lovin Oven for the cake. Getting out there for the tasting is a hike - but it is worth it! We could not have asked for anything more for location, food or service and the prices are very reasonable.

Jennifer · Married on 10/08/2011

Chevy Chase is a wonderful place to have a wedding reception. The staff was extremely helpful and did not hesitate to answer any of our questions. They always returned our phone calls in a very timely fashion. They made our wedding reception completely stress-free. I highly recommend booking your wedding reception here. You won't regret it!

Becky · Married on 08/12/2011

I do not have a bad word to say. The place and people were wonderful .Was better than I could ever have expected. We had our weding and reception here on 8/12/2011.

Adrianna · Married on 05/16/2010

If I could give more stars, I would!!! I can't say enough good things about Chevy Chase! My sister and I went there on a whim; we had started searching for venues 1 year exactly prior to the wedding, and were driving home from many no-gos when we drove past Chevy Chase...we thought, why not? The minute we walked in we were welcomed! Bill gave us a tour and explained all the historical aspects of the building. I brought my mom back, and she loved it. FI works as a manager for a restuarant group downtown, so he was the one that needed convincing...Walt allowed us 2 tastings before we even booked! He was very flexible with the menu, and the dinner turned out better than expected! All the guests raved about the appetizers, service, ambiance, just everything! I worked with Jan throughout the year, and she was absolutely a joy to work with...so many times we just started getting off topic because it was so easy to talk to her...Wendy went over the list with us when we brought in our stuff 2 days before, and was very maticulous in writing everything down. Both she and Jan were very good at remembering and documenting the details (and we had plenty :-)) Monica was there the day of, and was always on top of things. The service was exceptional, there was always someone there when we needed them, with exactly what we needed. I could not have imagined a smoother evening, and the amount of attention to detail (I am a total planner and crazy with my details!) Everyone was so personable, too, during the evening, the bartenders were always in conversation with the guests, making them laugh and yet, still very attentive to everyone else. I felt so comfortable having a great time and just enjoying my evening, because everyone there took care of everything else!!!

Angela · Married on 04/17/2010

We did a luncheon wedding reception at Chevy Chase, and we could not have been happier!! Jan in catering worked with us from the beginning to create a reception and a menu/bar package that fit with our budget and desires. Our reception was in their Grand Ballroom, which is an amazing space with vaulted ceilings, a stage, a separate private bar, a gigantic bride's room (with champagne and snacks!). Guests are still raving about how wonderful the food was (our entree choices were their signature champagne chicken or grilled salmon), and when are guests so impressed with food at a wedding??!! The location was beautiful, the people kind and flexible, the service great, the food wonderful -- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Eileen · Married on 01/02/2010

Jan and Wendy at Chevy Chase were amazing to work with. They answered all our questions promptly and since we had no wedding planner or coordinator they eased all our worries. Our guests LOVED that Chevy Chase has an actual bar area and not the traditional cocktail stands that are you usually at reception halls. Also Walt the head chef is amazing. We received so many compliments on our food. We had the fillet and chicken champagne duet and the meat was so tender and juicy. I only wish I had time to try the dessert table we had ordered, but I kept getting pulled away from guests. Many of our guests said that our food was the best food they have ever had at a wedding reception. Also, while Chevy Chase can seat up to 600 people, the room has a very intimate feel. I highly recommend using Chevy Chase for any of your party needs.

• Dana

Dana · Married on 08/14/2009

If I could give more stars I would! We worked with Jan, Bill, Wendy, Walt and Monica and they all helped to make our wedding the best day of our lives. First off, this is one of the best deals we found in the Chicagoland area. Throughout the whole planning process Jan answered all of our questions quickly and took great care of us; I'm actually sad its over. If I could plan a wedding with them every weekend I would. The price includes tax, gratuity, full bar and cake. You can't find a better deal. We had the Grand Ballroom which is a huge room....and it is beautiful. I have received so many compliments from our guests on the venue, I even have a friend considering having her wedding there as well. The food was excellent...we had the chicken parmesan..I would highly recommend it! I can't say enough about Chevy Chase. The whole staff is very attentive and responsive to your every need. They helped with a special birthday treat I had for my maid of honor and continued to check in with me the whole night. Really I could go on and on...but I think you get the picture :)

• W

Wedding are Stressful · Married on 07/29/2009

We loved it!

1.) The staff really knew their stuff and try hard to help make the planning of the reception easy.

2.) They helped us with a my husbands God-Mothers birthday- had her own cake brought to her as we sang happy birthday.

3.) BUT more then anything they helped me with everything! The day of my wedding the ice scupture didn't have any florals around it, because I forgot to order more... Walt went outside and trimmed some beautiful roses and greenery to trim the ice scupture!

4.) My Uncle had forgot to get my favorite kind of wine, and the staff sent someone got to grab it!!! I am not someone fancy or the type to demand that type of service, they just provided it!

Overall these people are GREAT! With the history of Chevy Chase, as well as the space in the Grandball Room and its BAR! This was a great place to represent my husband and I. Not to mention the outdoor space for pictures turned out great!!

Thank you Chevy Chase! You were the best vendor I worked with!!!!

Carrie · Married on 01/24/2009

I can not have imagined having our wedding reception any place besides Chevy Chase. There were so many things that were great, that it is difficult to know where to start. First, I have to say that I think Chevy Chase is one of the best values in the Chicagoland metro area. We looked at 20 to 30 other reception halls all around Chicagoland and Chevy Chase offered some of the best prices and to top it off their, service, food and space are just amazing. Really, really great.

To start the ballroom area is at least 3 to 5 times the size most of the other places we looked at. It has a great space for a band, a nice area for a cocktail reception, a separate room that can be used as a kids room, a bridal suite area and a separate bar area.

The service before the wedding and the night of the wedding were fabulous, very, very accommodating. Everyone was super nice.

For the price, I thought there would be a trade off on the food, but we were very pleasantly surprised by how good the food was and especially the cake.

The one down fall is that it isn't connected to a hotel, but we had a shuttle to and from the Westin that worked out perfectly.

I would recommend Chevy Chase to any couple. I am looking forward to having my baby shower at Chevy Chase hopefully soon!

• Valerie

Valerie · Married on 01/18/2009

Chevy Chase did an amazing job making our wedding day special! They were very easy to work with throughout the whole process and the day turned out beautiful! The Grand Ballroom is absolutely stunning and the food was perfect! We served the fillet and the champagne chicken, and we are still hearing raves about the food. I would recommend this venue to anyone!

• I

Dana · Married on 07/05/2008

This reception hall is AMAZING. They really take the time and make sure your special day goes as planned. Chevy Chase has a great price with no hidden charges. Their prices per person include tax and gratuity, this is hard to find now a days. Besides the money being reasonable, the food is spectacular. The cook comes out to you and accomodates you whether the food is on the menu or not. He even made a soup recipe imported from Italy which was not on the menu. The outside grounds are beautiful and make for great pictures. I would recommend this hall to anyone!