Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

97 Reviews for Chestnut Hill Bed & Breakfast

Indoor (1)
Bartender(s) (1)
Drapery (1)
Tents (1)

Chesnut hill B&B is a GREAT place. We had our wedding there. Not only did we get to take in the breathtaking views of the venue, but we also had the experience of staying in the hotel itself. The chestnut hill team is nothing but welcoming and professional. They did such a wonderful job with our wedding and we received so many compliments. Troy and Kathleen were awesome and so are their coordinators and staff. We had staff on the premises during the entire wedding. We stayed in the bridal suite, but other guests loved how comfortable but also historical the rooms looked. They cook a breakfast in the morning and it is delicious! I cannot thank everyone enough. I would highly recommend not only getting married here, but also enjoying a mini vacation at this wonderful place!

Profile Picture Rachel, 11/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Transportation, Videography, Wedding Planning

Troy, Kathleen & Wedding Team,

Troy, Kathleen and their wedding team have this entire wedding thing fully and completely wired for sound and that's not an understatement! They were there for us during the entire process. Bonnie and I labored over what wedding experience we wanted to have and narrowed our choices down to about five venues in the Shenandoah mountains. Ten months before we were hoping to have our wedding we visited the Chestnut Hill BnB to sit down with Troy and Kathleen to begin the selection process. The venue was perfect! Troy and Kathleen were super receptive to what type of experience we were hoping for and they knew exactly how to tailor our wedding to make it the most special event imaginable. While there we sat down with Troy to discus our wedding and this is where we immediately saw how genuine Troy and Kathleen are with their operation. The only options they suggested were meant to ensure mine and Bonnie's wedding was perfect for us. There was never an up-sale or pressure to be overly extravagant; only what Troy and Kathleen thought would be best for us.

We didn't even consider another venue as we knew Troy and his staff would provide us the perfect wedding day. Communication throughout the entire process was prompt and very concise. Bonnie and I are both excruciatingly busy and having the peace of mind that the Chestnut Hill staff was taking care of our wedding was so comforting.
When the day came it couldn't have been easier! The staff took outstanding care of our guests as well as covered every detail.
Thank you again for a flawless wedding weekend! Seriously, the wedding experience so far exceeded our expectations for what we had hoped our wedding day would look like. You guys are really performing a huge service to couples yearning to start their marriage out right. Thank you again.

Profile Picture Chuck, 10/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Chestnut Hill B&B was the perfect place to have our intimate wedding. From the moment I saw pictures of this place, I knew it was going to be exactly what I wanted, and my now husband and I were not let down when we went to visit. Troy and Kathleen were so sweet and inviting, even offering out pup some water on our visit. For a bride who was working full time as well as attending grad school full time and didn't take any time off for her wedding, I can not emphasize enough that this process was completely stress free! I gave them my ideas and they put them into action just like that. The day of the wedding was no different. Our guests were treated with respect and everyone raved about the venue, food, and service. Kathleen and Troy were even sweet enough to entertain our puppy when we went to dinner that night and we came back to her snuggled in bed with them. For animal lovers, like myself and my husband, this was priceless. The bedrooms were gorgeous, breakfast was great, but the experience is definitely what made it all worth it. I would not have wanted it any other way. I wish I could do it every weekend! Thank you so much! :) With love, Kati, David & Lima Bean

Profile Picture Kati, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Officiant, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Chestnut Hill Bed and Breakfast is elegance at its finest. I knew from the very first time we laid our eyes on the house this was THE place and ONLY place to have our wedding! The owners and staff at Chestnut Hill put us at ease for the biggest day of our lives from the very beginning of the planning process. They never made us feel as though we were asking too many questions. If anything, they welcomed our questions and concerns. They treated us like family! The day of our wedding they WERE our family! Kathleen, one of the owners even took our four-legged daughter, Paris for a walk!!!! Simply put Chestnut Hill was our "Paris" in the summer time. Thank You so much Troy, Kathleen and Lea for your professionalism, your responsiveness and most importantly, your quality of service. Chestnut Hill is in our opinion a Five Star Bed & Breakfast!

Profile Picture Gigi, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Not only is the venue absolutely gorgeous, the team at Chestnut Hill was the best hands down! The ceremony, reception location and guest rooms are all beautiful. Anything we needed help with the Chestnut Hill team was there to lend a hand. If you're looking for your typical, run of the mill venue this is not your place. If you want to wow your guests and have the best wedding weekend call the team at Chestnut Hill. I promise you wont be disappointed.

Profile Picture Nilsa, 7/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had and amazing wedding experience at Chestnut Hill!! The venue (both the tent and the outdoor wedding space) are gorgeous. Chestnut Hill provides the perfect mix of flexibility and pre-packaged services. We were able to choose all of our vendors (and even had some friends help out with a few things), but they also provided great references to local businesses. The Chestnut Hill staff know all the ins and outs of wedding planning in this very popular wedding region and they helped us extensively with everything from hotel blocks to finding a hairstylist. We opted not to have a wedding planner and felt like we were in good hands with Troy and the other wedding coordinators at our venue.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I are very happy with the quality of the service we received at Chestnut Hill. The wedding was very stress free and fun. We loved having Troy & Kathleen to touch base with throughout the planning process and with any questions that arose. Chestnut Hill is beautiful - exactly what we were looking for!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 4/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Elegant, intimate, romantic elopement. Kathleen and Troy sure know how to make a couple feel special. We enjoyed a two night stay in their beautifully appointed home, Breakfast was served in the elegant dining room and was heavenly. We dined each morning in candlelight after descending the stairs to the sound of beautiful music. Kathleen is a beautiful gracious hostess. Friendly, helpful and fun. Troy is a fantastic chef and Katrina provided wonderful service. The facilities are top notch. Their attention to detail apparent. We contacted Troy 3 weeks prior to our wedding. We decided to elope after a 5 year engagement. Troy was very accommodating. Kathleen is also an officiant. She created such a meaningful ceremony. Her words touched our souls. She and her assistant Kinsley provided unexpected a rose petal path for me to walk on. Kathleen displayed the cake we brought so beautifully. She served us complimentary champagne and shrimp cocktail. Their kindness and the special touches they provided were unexpected and so nice! If you are looking for a beautiful elopement, this is your place! If you are having a traditional wedding check out their unique glass tent in their beautiful yard. Serious WOW factor. The Bridal Suite is off the hook!!! Book this venue!!! If your wedding is somewhere between elopement and traditional full blown wedding please book this place. The possibilities at this gorgeous venue are endless. The wedding of your dreams is waiting for you at Chestnut Hill Bed and Breakfast. A huge sincere thank you to Kathleen, Troy, Kinsley and Katrina for being a part of our wedding and making our stay so memorable.

Profile Picture User7711566, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the moment we met the inn owners, Troy and Kathleen, my (now) husband and I felt comfortable and well taken care of. Troy and Kathleen conduct many weddings in the year, but they both made me feel like I was their only bride. They responded to emails well within 24-hours and even made sure we were accomplishing everything that needed to be taken care of for the wedding. Nothing was impossible and it was obvious that their sole goal was to make sure we had the wedding we dreamed of for us and for our guests. Their genuine honesty shone through in each of their responses and was much appreciated throughout the process of planning. Additionally, they were ready and willing to help out with any personal touches needed in order for our vision to become reality. We had the pleasure of staying in the bed and breakfast for two nights and I cannot say enough good things about how luxurious yet comfortable our stay was. Our breakfast was delicious and we felt pampered during our stay. I will be forever grateful to Troy, Kathleen and their team of wedding coordinators who made our day and the process of planning a wedding nothing short of blissful.

Profile Picture Nicole, 11/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Kathleen and Troy made our fancy elopement perfect! Everything from the pre wedding details all the way to the cake cutting went flawlessly. The day of they were both there to help coordinate and made us feel calm and comfortable that everything would be perfect. The room was beautiful and comfortable and the breakfast was phenomenal every morning. They remembered us by name every time and treated us like family. We will definitely be staying there again for future getaways!

Profile Picture Brittani, 11/10/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Kathleen, Troy and their entire team were phenomenal! Words can't express how perfect everything was! They made our wedding an amazing experience. Kathleen paid great attention to detail and was always a step ahead, I didn't have to worry once about anything. From start to finish everything was beyond what I could have expected. Breakfast was fabulous, as well! The whole experience was relaxed and stress free!

Profile Picture Devin, 11/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Set Up

I absolutely loved Chestnut Hill. I originally visited on a gray day and even then it was beautiful. It was even more beautiful on the sunny wedding day. The biggest reason I chose Chestnut Hill was all they offered for the cost rather than having to get everything piecemeal. Linens, tables, chairs, the tent, wedding officiant, and other things were already included. I would have paid significantly more for everything they provided. All I had to find was the caterer, DJ, photographer, and hair and makeup person. They had a wide list of suggested vendors and even the vendors that I went with that weren't on that list and I found on my own had worked there and really liked the venue.

The tent wasn't your average tent with ugly grey poles, much more high class. They had the fancy portapotties which my guests were impressed by. Everyone there was very nice and flexible for my needs. I discovered last minute that I needed an extra table to be able to fit my guest gifts and they quickly brought in another table and linens.

My bridesmaids and I chose to spend the night before at the Inn and they had everything set up even though we arrived late at night due to the rehearsal dinner elsewhere. My husband and I and a number of the bridal party/family stayed the night of the wedding as well. The rooms were comfortable and very nice. I'm not normally a fancy food person, but the breakfast the morning of the wedding and day after tasted amazing.

The only thing of note is that there are train tracks nearby and occasionally we could hear the train. There were parts of the house where the train couldn't be heard (the lower rooms especially) for those who might be bothered by it. I personally don't mind the sound of trains and I only heard it once or twice during the day, so I didn't mind. It was a small inconvenience (and nothing in life is perfect, but Chestnut Hill came close), and it's unlikely to be an issue for people just coming for a one-day wedding event.

Profile Picture User7400552, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
0.6

The venue was great. The tent was amazing. When we first came to the location. I told my fiance that there was something about the owner troy that I didn't trust. He seemed like a great salesperson. Like a used car salesman. The day of the wedding, the employees at chestnut hill set everything up, but then nothing else. We were told that the employees would be directing people the entire time, and making everything easy for us. Our guests had no idea where to go, or where to sit. Troy told us to not worry about a wedding planner, because troy and Cathleen would ensure we had no worries. This was not the case. Cathleen was rude to myself, my fiance, the make up artist, the photographer, etc...... Once the reception started, we never saw another employee from chestnut, including troy or cathleen. The absolutely worst part was that when we were packing up, we couldn't find one of the tubs we had brought. My fiance went and found troy and told him that it must have been misplaced by someone who works there. He snapped on her saying that no one there would have stolen it. We never said it was stolen . he ended up finding it and proceeded to get extremely rude with my now wife. I went to talk to him to try and diffuse the situation. I explained that it was probably a miscommunication. He snapped on me saying he doesn't appreciation being called a theif. Again I explained we didn't accuse anyone. He wouldn't listen. Finally I told him I'm done with him and cursed at him, and walked off. He ran up behind me telling me he will have my entire party off the property in 5 minutes if I didn't calm down. Told him that he needs to calm down because he was the one chasing me. He said I picked the wrong place to do that. I agreed and said I did pick the wrong place. I should have chosen fawn lake.

Profile Picture Jacques, 9/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

As a professional cake designer, I have delivered wedding cakes to a variety of locations. I can say that without a doubt, Chestnut Hill Bed & Breakfast has been one of the most accommodating, organized, and beautiful venues I have had the pleasure to work with. The staff was incredibly helpful, the house itself is absolutely gorgeous, and the grounds are immaculate. This would definitely be a venue I would be happy to work with again!

Ashleigh Broyles
Cakes by Ashleigh
www.cakesbyashleigh.biz

Profile Picture Ashleigh, 9/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Troy is as invested in your wedding as you are (sometimes it feels like more so!) and his team is incredibly helpful, flexible and accommodating. We were long distance and not always in VA, so their team helped make the planning process go smoothly. We had an excellent time working with them and all of our guests loved the venue. Highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Rejina, 9/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Transportation, Videography

Booking our wedding at Chestnut Hill was the best decision we could have made. As soon as we visited the property we knew that that was where we wanted to get married - and we even visited on a day when it was raining! Troy (the owner) just made us feel so comfortable and we could tell right away how knowledgeable he was about hosting a wedding. Troy and the wedding coordinator, Leona, were wonderful during the planning process. Leonna handled more of the details - making sure we thought through various items and provided all the information we needed to - while Troy would call just to check in on us and see how all the planning was going. The day of the wedding everything went off without a hitch. Chestnut Hill was very flexible, the property looked absolutely beautiful, the staff was so helpful and friendly, and thanks to Troy and his wife Kathleen's organization and experience the ceremony was perfect. So many of our guests came up and told us that it was one of the nicest weddings they'd ever been to and so much of that had to do with Chestnut Hill. When you book here, you're not just booking a venue, you're enlisting the help of some amazing wedding professionals who know how to help make your day everything you want it to be.

Profile Picture Hannah, 6/26/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Linens, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Parking, Shuttle, Valet, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Uncovered Outdoor

I don't even know to begin to describe our amazing experience that we had with Troy and Kathleen. Let's see, first off, the grounds are IMMACULATE and so is the inside of the house. Their customer service is top-notch. We stayed in the Honeymoon Suite and when I tell you STUNNING, there is no comparison. I've seen many bed & breakfasts while searching for a venue for our nuptials and none of them compared to Chestnut Hill. They put a lot of thought into the details of your stay. Various lighting choices, multiple pillow sizes with squishy and firm choices. The bathroom is GORGEOUS! A claw foot tub and a glass-enclosed shower made for 2. They even have all-natural soap which was perfect for us because we only use natural products at home. The food was delicious! We had an organic parfait, Grand-Marnier french toast and they provided us with turkey meat options when we told them we don't eat pork, very accommodating! After our ceremony we had shrimp scampi over linguine, so good! They also gave us fresh fruit and cheese, and I mean FRESH! Everything was so good. I'm pregnant so no alcohol for me, but they still gave my husband a choice of champagne for him and cider for me. Kathleen was our officiant and she is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. I would absolutely recommend her! Leona, the wedding coordinator was great too. Since I'm pregnant my emotions and decisions have been all over the place. But she was very patient and very helpful. I'm not the type of bride that dreams of weddings so I didn't have an idea of what it is that I wanted and all my husband asked for was that I wear a veil, lol. You will have absolutely no regrets in having your wedding at their venue. It's beautiful and intimate enough for a wedding for just the two of you but also large enough for a grand wedding. Their staff was very kind, helpful, and attentive. We have ZERO COMPLAINTS and wouldn't change a thing!

Profile Picture Yolanda, 6/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you want a beautiful outdoor venue, this is the place! The tent is included along with attentive owners and staff.

Profile Picture Linda , 6/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Linens, Parking, Shuttle, Valet, Wheelchair Access

When Brian and I walked through the door at Chestnut Hill we knew it was the perfect place for our wedding! Once we met Troy & Kathleen there was no question. The entire staff at Chestnut Hill was amazing. They did everything to make our weekend and wedding stress-free, and it honestly was....stress-free! All of our family and friends complimented how wonderful the venue was and how impressed they were with everything!
Brian and I are truly blessed to have shared our wedding day with such wonderful people. We both thank you (Troy, Kathleen, and Leona) so very much!! We cannot wait to come back and visit :)

Profile Picture Holly, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Troy and Cathleen are amazing people with an amazing Bed and Breakfast! We fell in love with Chestnut Hill the first time we arrived on site. We knew it was the place for our wedding. Once you go to the top of the hill and see the grounds you will have no idea that you are in the middle of a little town, it feels so secluded. The fountain was the perfect site for our ceremony and the tent was exactly what we were looking for, the location was perfect for our outdoor wedding vision.

Troy and Kathleen worked with us through the entire process and were always responsive and accomodating. They helped coordinate vendors, held meetings onsite, and helped us wirte our ceremony. They catered to our every need and made sure our wedding was perfect. We had our Rehersal Dinner at the Inn also and they arranged for the tables and chairs to be ready for that. All of our guests that started at the Inn received 5 Star treatment and are still talking about what a wonderful time they had at Chestnut Hill.

Troy and Kathleen thought of everything..they organized last minuet Valet service for the Rehersal Dinner, made special arrangements for my husband and me to have Gluten free foods, lead the Ceremony, and ensured that everything went smoothly. I honestly can not say enough about Chestnut Hill and Troy and Kathleen. Would make the same decision to have our wedding here again and again.

You will NOT be dissapointed with this venue!

Profile Picture Sara, 6/3/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had the wedding our dreams!!! Chestnut Hill Bed and Breakfast exceeded our expectations. The food, accommodations, and staff were exceptional! I would highly recommend to anyone!

Profile Picture User6793919, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Audio Equipment, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Parking, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Set Up
2.1

I must say its a beautiful venue. Drop dead gorgeous. Upon meeting the staff, I was so excited have Chestnut Hill as a part of my wedding. However, after a misinpretation of a conversation of misplaced storage bins by EITHER the staff OR the person who I hired to setup my centerpieces, I am disgusted by Troy. He accused me of saying Chestnut stole the bins. He got up to my face and raise his voice at me to the point of almost yelling at me. I never accused anyone of stealing the bins. I asked where are things normally placed to him. When I told him that I've checked those places, he took it as I was saying the staff had stolen the storage bins. The customer service I received from him was unfathomable. I am shocked at how he treated me. I spent over $5,000 on the venue that day for his horrible treatment. I should have gone with my first choice, Fawn Lake. Having my wedding at Chestnut Hill was not worth the money and the treatment. He misinterpreted the conversation we had. He not only gave a nasty attitude to me, but to my husband and to some of my bridal party who went on the hunt to search for the bins (I later found out that he accused me of cursing at him--in which I never did). But after hearing this, I wish had said something to him since he treated my guest and me poorly. Again, the venue is beautiful. But the customer service was awful. Troy ruined my wedding night and experience. I will NEVER recommend them to anyone if asked.

Profile Picture User5163031, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

WOW. From the first time we toured Chestnut Hill and met Troy and Kathleen we fell in love with the place and people and knew we could see ourselves getting married there. Leading up to our wedding Leona was always responsive and extremely helpful! We spent the weekend at the B&B with friends and everything was perfect. Everyone commented on how beautiful the house and grounds were and in the morning we had such a delicious breakfast prepared by Kathleen! The day of our wedding, Kathleen, Troy, and their team ran around preparing everything and managing all our vendors. Our wedding day and weekend was absolutely perfect. My husband and I are already looking forward to going back and celebrating and anniversary at Chestnut Hill!

Profile Picture User5123801, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Parking, Shuttle, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Linens

When a place is a nice and wonderful as the Chestnut Hill Inn Bed and Breakfast, 5 stars are not enough. We booked this place sight unseen for our April 25th, 2016, elopement, it far exceeded our expectations. We live in NJ, in addition my husband works outside the country so we were not able to visit before the event. Kathleen, Troy and their wonderful staff went above and beyond to make this day amazing and special. They made sure even the smallest of details were attended to. The grounds were gorgeous and the food was delicious. We only had about 13 people and all of the guests were equally impressed with the professionalism, friendliness of the staff, you felt like a friend not a guest. We had our ceremony at 12:30, our dinner reservations were for 6, so we needed to fill time. At Chestnut Hill not only do they help plan a memorable day but they also help plan anything you need outside of the wedding, so we had them book a limo that took us to a winery for a few hours, then from there to dinner. I can't praise the inn and it's staff enough truly making the day perfect!

Profile Picture Kellee, 4/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Event Planning, Set Up, Parking, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Furniture, Tables, Uncovered Outdoor

We did the elopement package with them. Not what you would think. They take every thing that normally comes with a large complicated wedding and squeeze it all down into a short manageable event with little to no stress. They took care of the ceremony, officiant, wedding planner, cake, flowers, music, reception, champagne toast, first dance and food. Not to mention the rooms were amazing. I couldn't imagine having a better day for a better cost.

Profile Picture Christopher, 1/30/16, 1 Review