Chesapeake Strings Reviews

174 | Baltimore, MD

174 Reviews for Chesapeake Strings

Anna · Married on 06/08/2019

Lovey, elegant — and talented! — string trio

We wanted our wedding to be sophisticated, but not stuffy. Live string music for our outdoor ceremony was a special touch that helped us achieve that, and so many guests told us how great these guys were. Leading up to our wedding, Elizabeth was super responsive and gave us all the details to pick out the music for both the ceremony and the cocktail hour, and made the process so easy. The ceremony music made everything so special, and the cocktail hour music was a mix of more modern music that gave it a fun, lively touch. The trio was a more budget-friendly option for us than a full quartet, but I can honesty say we didn’t sacrifice one ounce of quality — these guys are talented and I am SO glad they were part of our day.

Sent on 06/30/2019

Mel · Married on 12/07/2018

Elegant String Trio

Chesapeake Strings did a wonderful job providing the music for our wedding ceremony! The process to book the string trio was so easy, and Chesapeake Strings provided a questionnaire ahead of time to help guide which songs we wanted for each section. The string trio played a classical selection while guests arrived and throughout the ceremony; one of the highlights was a beautiful rendition of Canon in D. Chesapeake Strings was fantastic to work with and helped make our wedding ceremony so special.

Sent on 02/14/2019
  • Fallon

Fallon · Married on 11/17/2018

Wonderful Experience and Music!

We hired a string trio from Chesapeake Strings to play music during our ceremony and our cocktail hour. They were absolutely fantastic! Elizabeth was very accommodating, always available to answer my questions, and helped me pick the perfect songs for our wedding day. They had a wonderful variety of songs to choose and we loved the mix of classical and pop that they played. Walking down the aisle to "A Thousand Years" being played by the string trio made getting married even more special. Our guests are still raving about how talented and professional that Chesapeake Strings are. I highly recommend hiring them for an extra elegant touch to your wedding day!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Emily Comstock · Married on 10/06/2018

A beautiful addition to our wedding day

We can not recommend Chesapeake Strings enough! We used their string duo for the ceremony and cocktail hour of our wedding. Their skill and professionalism truly made our day so special, memorable, and unique. The diversity of the music that they offer is truly impressive. We are so glad that they were able to be a part of our wedding day and highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Morgan · Married on 06/16/2018

We hired Chesapeake Strings as a trio for our ceremony music and they were absolutely wonderful! Leading up to the wedding, Elizabeth was so helpful and responsive -- even ensuring the trio could learn one of my favorite Katy Perry songs to walk down the aisle to, which was an absolute dream come true! The musicians were so professional and played beautifully, we can not thank them enough!

Sent on 06/29/2018

Taylor · Married on 04/14/2018

My wedding ceremony would not have been the same without the amazing music that was performed by Chesapeake Strings. They were so flexible and they performed every single song that I had requested. When they didn't have a song, they ensured to talk with their composer so that my request could be met. They were worth every penny and I cannot say enough good things about them as people, professionals, & performers. There is no doubt that they helped make my ceremony perfect!

Sent on 04/20/2018

Amanda · Married on 04/14/2018

I had a string trio play at my wedding and the music was absolutely beautiful. They played acoustic versions of modern pop songs and everyone loved the music. Chesapeake Strings played for a complete hour and was very responsive and helpful during the entire wedding planning process. I could count on them and anytime I had any questions, they had an answer for me. The music went very well with the outside atmosphere and the guests were talking about the ceremony music all night. If you want a classy and elegant vibe for your wedding ceremony, Chesapeake Strings is the ceremony musician for your wedding!

Sent on 04/24/2018

Kerry · Married on 12/02/2017

Elizabeth and team were fantastic. I was very happy with their service for my wedding... what talented musicians!!! Every communication was easy and responsive, the value and quality was far beyond the price I paid, they really helped make my special day memorable. I cannot wait to see my video footage and hear them again :)

Sent on 01/31/2018

Miss Daniela · Married on 05/17/2017

In the midst of a busy wedding day, full of timelines and making sure you talk with all of your guests, I remember there was a point at our reception that I sat back in my chair, looked around and took in the moment as much as possible. I remember the way I felt when I heard our string trio playing, and it was the most magical moment I've ever experienced. Chesapeake Strings truly set the mood for our wedding day and captured the romance and elegance that I was desiring. To have a first dance to a string trio is truly a gift, but to have Chesapeake Strings as our trio was an honor. I felt so special to showcase their talent on the biggest day of our lives - I was so proud to have them there for our ceremony and for our entire reception. Our guests are still raving about their talent, and my husband and I are very much grateful for Chesapeake Strings for all of their hard work and completely delivering in a way that we were so blown away with.

Sent on 05/30/2017

Sarah · Married on 05/06/2017

Chesapeake Strings made our wedding one to remember! Our guests are still raving about the string trio. Walking down the aisle to string music was a 'must have' for me and I'm so glad I went with Chesapeake Strings. I initially worked with Elizabeth and she was very professional and accomodating. This is a very talented group and I would highly recommend them for your next event!

Sent on 06/04/2017

Tracy · Married on 11/05/2016

Chesapeake Strings was wonderful to work with. I initially contacted Elizabeth and she was very friendly from the start. They can play a large variety of songs and I was so happy with how they performed. They were also very accommodating. Initially, I booked a string duo, but just a few weeks before the wedding I was able to upgrade to a string trio. The songs they played were absolutely beautiful. They also played a song during our ceremony that is special to my husband and I. I did not have a chance to speak with Chesapeake Strings for long because of the busy day, but I was so happy and pleased with how they performed. Their prices were very reasonable. I would highly recommended Chesapeake Strings!

Sent on 03/14/2017
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 10/29/2016

Though I did not have a chance to meet Chesapeake Strings because of the craziness of the day, I could not be more pleased with how they performed. We had the string duo, cello and violin. I asked our guests and my wedding party their input and they all said it was lovely. The planning process for what they were going to play was seamless. And most brides don’t remember their entry music, but I do, at least the start of it, before I got too misty eyed from seeing my future husband at the end of the aisle. I think they were a great addition to our day, and I have no regrets in hiring them. Thank you Chesapeake Strings!

Sent on 11/19/2016

Malia · Married on 07/30/2016

They did a wonderful job providing music for my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. They had a large list of classic and some contemporary songs to chose from. Very happy with our string trio.

Sent on 08/23/2016

devin · Married on 06/25/2016

Chesapeake Strings played music for our ceremony. From the start, they were very easy to work with and very responsive! We had used a string duo and they sounded beautiful! They know how to play the classics along with some modern day hits. We’re so happy with how the string duo sounded; it was a great addition to the ceremony!

Sent on 07/17/2016

Alex · Married on 06/11/2016

I worked with Elizabeth to coordinate hiring Chesapeake Strings for my wedding ceremony. Elizabeth was great to work with! Day of the music sounded so beautiful. When I walked down the aisle with my father it was just the perfect background music for that monumental moment that I'll never forget. Thank you Chesapeake Strings!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Susan · Married on 05/29/2016

Chesapeake strings played at our son's wedding. Elizabeth is so kind , kept in touch with us and I felt she wanted the choice of songs to be just right for our guests and type of wedding we were having. The music was beautiful ! Our friends and family are still talking about how special listening to these talented musicians made their evening . I highly recommend them !

Sent on 05/31/2016

Lisa · Married on 05/21/2016

We got married on 4/30/16 and using Chesapeake Strings was one of the best decisions we made!! Every guest of our wedding continues to talk about how beautiful and romantic the strings made our ceremony and cocktail hour. From the moment I first contacted Elizabeth, I had nothing but amazing service and experiences. You wont regret booking them!!

Sent on 05/11/2016

lindsay · Married on 04/30/2016

Elizabeth and her team were so easy and fun to work with throughout the entire wedding planning/ceremony music experience. We had a string duo play for our ceremony and cocktail hour and they were wonderful. So many of our guests commented on how beautiful the music was. I was very impressed with their professionalism and the quality of the music. I couldn't have asked for a better company to work with, THANK YOU!!!!!

Sent on 05/04/2016

Nathalie · Married on 04/02/2016

My wedding planner recommended these guys, and I am glad she did! They were fantastic, super easy to work with, and very talented. They arranged a song for us custom ($50 fee) and played it beautifully - we got a lot of compliments. I think they generally added a level of class and sophistication to the event.

Sent on 04/19/2016

Ashley · Married on 10/04/2015

We had such an incredible experience with chesapeake strings:) they were very accommodating to our requests. We wanted to do something unique and have them walk out and surprise the guests with having them playing as the bridal party walked down the aisle. It was a complete hit! I watched the video later on and everyone gasped with how beautiful it was:) :) needless to say we were very happy with how everything went and we highly highly recommend them. xo

Sent on 10/12/2015
  • Kelly L.

Kelly · Married on 09/26/2015

Chesapeake Strings did a fabulous job at our wedding, creating the perfect ambiance for our ceremony. I feel terrible that, as the bride, I didn't have time to really go over and chat with our musicians, and I didn't get to hear all of the songs. BUT, everyone has told me how beautiful the music was, and I know that the songs I did hear were perfection, and everything I wanted from my ceremony music. As a fun touch, they played the Star Wars Imperial March as the guys walked up the aisle, and this was a hit. Elizabeth was so wonderful to plan with - we did everything through email, and I can't thank her enough for how responsive she always was. Even if she was out of town, she'd email back saying she'd get back to me soon. The whole process was easy and smooth. I also have to thank our musicians for being so flexible - our ceremony was outside and very windy, with gusts up to 18mph. But they played the whole ceremony, and didn't seem impacted by it at all. (Compared to other strings musicians in the area, their value is also great!)

Sent on 12/01/2015
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 09/10/2015

Loved working with Elizabeth and Chesapeake Strings! They are such an easy going group of people not to mention very talented. I liked being able to casually work through the details with Elizabeth and trust that everything was going to be exactly as I envisioned it. The duo we had perform at our ceremony and at the cocktail hour did such a wonderful job! There is a long selection list for what they can play and they are welcome to other requests which is nice to know in case you want something special. Everything was planned well in advance so the day of, I didn't have anything to worry about. They showed up on time and entertained guests until our DJ started. I highly recommend Chesapeake Strings!

Sent on 09/22/2015

Kate · Married on 09/05/2015

What an amazingly talented group of professional musicians. Chesapeake Strings played beautiful music at our ceremony and cocktail reception, and everyone at our event loved them. The planning process was easy, and Elizabeth made us feel comfortable the whole way through. They have a big repertoire of songs, and they even arranged a new song for us at our request. I couldn't be happier that we chose Chesapeake Strings to be a part of our big day!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Jessica · Married on 08/02/2015

Wonderful service and music! Communication was fantastic! I contacted them about a month before my wedding and they were still able to make it in time for my wedding! Thank you for making our special day that much better!

Sent on 08/27/2015
  • NickiDK

Nicki · Married on 07/19/2015

We had so many guest comment on how much they LOVED the ceremony music! My husband's and my only regret is that we didn't get to hear more of it! Chesapeake Strings has a great selection of both classical wedding music and contemporary favorites that is sure to suit whatever style of ceremony you're going for! We were pleased to find a nice selection of some more unique songs already on their play list, and they were happy to work with us to do a new arrangement for a small extra charge of $50. Elizabeth was very easy to communicate with and very organized about arranging the details of our ceremony. The musicians arrived exactly when they said they would and set up right away. I appreciate that they played about 15 minutes prior to and after the ceremony to make for smooth transitions to the beginning of the ceremony and the segue into cocktail hour.

Sent on 10/04/2015