Cherrywood String Quartet and Ensembles Reviews

148 | Lancaster, PA

148 Reviews for Cherrywood String Quartet and Ensembles

1 User photo

Brian was wonderful to work with-- he was extremely patient and helpful as we picked out the music for our ceremony and cocktail hour. Cherrywood has a large repertoire with a ton of both classical and modern songs to choose from. When a song that we really wanted was not on their list, Brian offered to find the music on his own and make sure it was played. We used a trio of a violin, viola, and cello and we've received so many compliments on how beautiful they sounded. We are thrilled with Cherrywood's performance.

Sent on 08/27/2013

Kristin · Married on 08/18/2013

Beautiful ceremony, professional, and quick to respond to questions before booking, during, and after. Very helpful with music selection suggestions.

Sent on 09/11/2013

Lydia · Married on 08/03/2013

We used Cherrywood Strings for our ceremony and cocktail hour. The music was beautiful and made the ceremony that much more special. Guests loved having the music during the cocktail hour and it really set the mood for the day. They have a huge selection to pick from and were professional and timely. I would recommend them to my family and close friends.

Sent on 08/17/2013

Stacey · Married on 06/29/2013

I highly recommend Cherrywood. For our indoor ceremony, we had a duet (violin & cello), who played beautifully. We selected modern music from a long list of songs and received many compliments from guests. I also appreciated the responsiveness from Brian, who coordinated the musicians. He was extremely helpful through the planning and returned emails very quickly.

Sent on 07/09/2013

Arlene · Married on 06/01/2013

The elegance the ensemble brought to the ceremony was beyond all of our expectations. True professionals.

Sent on 06/27/2013
  • User3204791 · 2+ years ago

Cherrywood's string trio performed at our wedding on 4/6/13. They provided us with a large volume of music to choose from, but we left it up to their professional opinions to make the final musical selections and couldn't have been happier! The music they played sounded beautiful and many guests complimented us on how great they sounded. Brian, who acted as coordinator for the group, was very easy to communicate with and very professional and prompt. I wouldn't hesitate to hire them again and would recommend them to anyone looking for a quartet or trio for their event!

Sent on 04/18/2013

Carl · Married on 01/06/2013

Their music sounds great. All the musicians have a rich background, and they won't disappoint! Very talented. Nice personalities. Flexible. Reasonably priced. Brian, the leader of the quartet, is pleasant and responsive. It was a pleasure using this quartet, and we would use them again without hesitation.

Sent on 01/17/2013

Natashja · Married on 12/29/2012

Not only do they have a huge repitoir to play from but they are very helpful in making sure that your day is special. The sound when I came down the stairs was heavenly and I would reccomend them to anyone. I had compliments on how beautiful they sounded and how it was like a fairytale to have them playing.

Sent on 01/07/2013

Anita · Married on 12/28/2012

We used a duet for our ceremony and it was perfect! The music sounded beautiful and we received a ton of compliments. They played a variety of classic and popular songs (Coldplay, The Fray, etc.) which was really great for our guests!

Brian was so easy to work with and was great with responding to my questions in a timely manner.

Sent on 02/02/2013
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 10/06/2012

Cherrywood String Quartet was perfect for our hotel ballroom wedding! I had been in contact with Brian, who was very responsive with emails. They have an extensive song list, and I told Brian a few songs we had been thinking about. He gave suggestions, and in the end, I left the song choices up to him. Unfortunately, I did not get to interact with the musicians on the day of my wedding, but they were professional and the music was excellent! I wish I could remember more on the blur of my wedding day, but walking down the aisle, the music was just beautiful. My guests made a number of comments about the ceremony music, and I was so glad we decided to go with this string quartet. I would definitely Cherrywood String Quartet to other brides!

Sent on 10/14/2012

Laura · Married on 09/01/2012

Cherrywood Strings were professional and easy to communicate with.
    We would highly recommend this Ensemble.

Sent on 09/04/2012

Karen · Married on 07/19/2012

Absolutely outstanding job! We had so many compliments from our guests and from on site staff about the beautiful presentation and the quality of the pieces played. We also had the comment from our wedding coordinator which was "whatever you paid for them, they were worth it!" We were so impressed with every aspect of Cherrywood's involvement at our wedding. It was all so very beautiful. Thank you!

Sent on 07/23/2012

Kristilyn · Married on 06/29/2012

My family and I were very pleased with the ceremony music. I have already recommended your services for my friend who is getting married next summer.

Sent on 07/13/2012
  • Julianne

Julianne · Married on 05/20/2012

The music was so beautiful & added sophistication to our ceremony that a speaker couldn't. They were all very professional & Brian was prompt in returning my emails & questions. It was exacty what I was looking for for our ceremony.

Sent on 05/31/2012

Bryan · Married on 04/22/2012

Cherrywood performed our ceremony and cocktail hour music. They were really easy to work with, and helped us figure out what was right for our day. They were even able to perform custom arrangements for us which turned out great. Definitely recommend.

Sent on 05/01/2012

Lauren · Married on 03/24/2012

Our guests' favorite part of our wedding was the string quartet. Everyone LOVED it!! they did an absolutely amazing job!!

Sent on 04/04/2012

Patrick · Married on 11/12/2011

My wife and I had our wedding a week and a half ago at the Riverdale Manor in Lancaster, PA. We went over a number of options regarding the ceremony and cocktail hour music ranging from just playing music through a p.a., to a solo harp player, to a string quartet and ultimately chose Cherrywood. I chose them because they had an impressive repertoire consisting of both classical and contemporary music (both of which we wanted). They performed as a quartet and the music was absolutely terrific!

During our ceremony, we chose some classical selections and it was perfect. During the cocktail hour, we had them play a number of Beatles songs and threw in a couple post-Beatles songs by John and George. While these were not listed on their repertoire, they arranged and performed them for a very reasonable fee. Additionally, throughout the process of planning our wedding, I was in touch with Brian many times in order to finalize the contract and the songs for our wedding. He was always quick to respond to an email and really easy to work with, even with a couple requests that were not on their repertoire list.

We were more than satisfied with the beautiful music that Cherrywood performed at our wedding. Our guests were complimenting us all night about how great they sounded and how nice and personal it was to have a string quartet. We could not be happier with the way the music turned out and I would highly recommend them to anyone considering live music like this!. Additionally, they offer smaller ensembles so that you can tweak things based on your budget which is such a nice option! Thanks so much to Cherrywood and Brian for the wonderful music and experience!

Sent on 11/22/2011

Diane · Married on 08/20/2011

Very pleasant experiance. Cherrywood Ensembles were very easy to work with and provided professional services. Brian responed promptly to any request and their musical selections were perfect.

Sent on 08/22/2011

Charelle · Married on 08/13/2011

Cherrywood Ensembles did a great job providing the music during our ceremony!

Sent on 08/19/2011

Jennifer · Married on 05/14/2011

They were wonderful! Beautiful music and we recieved so many compliments!
    Thanks again!
    Jen and Brenden

Sent on 11/16/2011
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 06/25/2010

We worked with Brian from Cherrywood Ensembles. He was very professional and responsive. They did a great job during the ceremony and sounded terrific. They were also a very good value.

Sent on 06/11/2011
  • MissJuneBride

Melissa · Married on 06/28/2009

I could not have asked for a better experience with them. They were very reasonable when it came to special arrangements, and the value was very good. I would definitely call them again. They were wonderful!

Sent on 07/11/2009

Patricia · Married on 10/04/2008

Cherrywood Ensembles did a fantastic job during our ceremony! Our guests thought it was very elegant to have a string trio. Brian was very accommodating and professional and I was thankful that they were willing to drive 2 hours to our venue! (It was difficult to find a string group to perform in Central PA, esp while living in the Philly area.)
    They found custom pieces of music to play, and it seemed as though the sky was the limit to what they could perform.
    I was slightly nervous about hiring this group without being able to meet them in person, but Brian posted music clips on the website for me to hear before deciding. They were on time, very professional and excellent musicians! I am so glad that I chose them because it made the ceremony so beautiful and everything that I had hoped for!

Sent on 03/04/2009

Jessica · Married on 01/13/2018

Cherrywood Strings did an amazing job at the ceremony and cocktail hour of our wedding! They have a large repertoire list, but were able to play songs we requested that were not on their list and, in our case, were not charged extra for the service. Definitely recommend Cherrywood!

Sent on 01/28/2018

I had a small problem with email. I tried to email a couple times, but got a email sent back saying my emails were not received because the inbox was full, other than that, everything was great and I got lots of compliments on the ceremony music! Just a very minor detail.

Sent on 12/13/2016