Cherry Creek Golf Club Reviews

Cherry Creek Golf Club 5
Cherry Creek Golf Club 6
Cherry Creek Golf Club 7

JESSICA · Married on 12/31/2015

MY WEDDING WAS ON THURSDAY DECEMBER 31,2015 @ CHERRY CREEK AND IT COULD OF NOT BEEN MORE PERFECT, FROM THE 1ST MEETING WITH CHRISTINE ALONE TO JUST GET THE FEELING OF WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY WANTED TO BOOK IT, BUT I STILL WANTED TO HAVE MY FUTURE MOTHER IN LAW AND HUSBAND TO BE TO COME SEE THE LOCATION AS WELL TO WHAT I HAD MY HEART SET ON.CHRISTINE ANSWERED ALL THE QUESTIONS WE HAD ASKED FROM WHICH PACKAGE WILL BEST FIT OUR GUEST FOR A NEW YEARS EVE WEDDING. JANELLE WAS ALSO VERY HELPFUL WHENEVER WE HAD QUESTIONS FROM THE FOOD TO THE FINAL TOUCHES FOR THE WEDDING. SHE WAS ALSO ABLE TO ASSURE ME THAT EVERYTHING WOULD BE PERFECT FROM ALL THE DETAILS WE HAD QUSTED TO BE DONE FOR OUR SPECIAL DAY. THEY ALLOWED US TO BRING EVERYTHING FOR THE WEDDING TO BE STORED FOR US INSTEAD OF BRING IT THE MORNING OF THE WEDDING. FOR THE FOOD....OH MY ....THEY WERE ABLE TO ACCOMMODATE ALL OF WEDDING PARTY AND GUEST WHO HAD FOOD ALLERGIES WITH NO QUESTIONS. THE BARTENDERS AND WAITSTAFF WERE EXTREMELY FRIENDLY AND PAID CLOSE ATTENTION TO OUR WEDDING PARTY AS WELL AS OUR GUEST WITH THEIR NEEDS. WE HAD AN OVERALL GREAT EXPERIENCE WITH CHERRY CREEK AND HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM.

Sent on 11/06/2016

Lauren · Married on 05/04/2019

Great food and gorgeous views

What drew us to Cherry Creek was that we could fit a large amount of guests but also get beautiful views, greenery and great food/service...which was hard to find in metro Detroit. We worked mainly with Taylor and she was one of the best things to happen to our wedding planning! She was always helpful and responsive to any question we had. I knew I wouldn't have to worry about a thing on my wedding day. Our guests raved about the food and how gorgeous the grounds were. They loved being able to use the patio throughout the evening. The servers and bartenders were really took care of our guests and also went above and beyond for us and our bridal party.

Sent on 05/21/2019
    Cherry Creek Golf Club 8

Lima & Justin · Married on 05/14/2016

We chose Cherry Creek as our reception site for our wedding. After initial hiccups, we were happy to work with Janelle who guided us with picking linens, table arrangements, food tasting and setting up our decor for the reception. We had the Lakeview Ballroom and it is a gorgeous room with beautiful chandeliers. We had a lunch reception and our guests loved the food that was served. One drawback is the PA system - it is very old and crackly, so we would definitely recommend using your own sound-system or the DJ's sound system for your speeches. Overall, we are very happy with our reception venue at Cherry Creek; thank you Janelle for your help with coordinating our reception!

Sent on 05/31/2016

Jill · Married on 07/31/2010

The food was amazing and the venue was absolutely gorgeous! All the planning and meetings prior to our wedding went great and everyone was really helpful. We held our ceremony there as well and on the day of our wedding we could've used a little more direction. The girls were shown where to get ready, a big room with no where to hang our dresses. The groom and groomsmen were supposed to arrive about a half hour later, and no one from the hall could be found to tell the girls when to stay in our room, or where the guys would be so we didn't run into them, so we were pretty much stuck in our room for an hour and lost the chance to go take pictures before the ceremony. The only other issue was that our room wasn't set up when guests were arriving so they all had to wait out in the hallway. Other than that, the night went smoothly and we had an awesome wedding and reception! The banquet staff was great, food was great, chocolate fountain was great!

Sent on 10/19/2010

LEANN · Married on 06/07/2014

2.4
      2.0
      1.5
      3.0

Okay so let me start by saying this venue is gorgeous in every way. I don't regret having my wedding here because the food is really good and the venue is beautiful. Also Janelle was my wedding coordinator and she was amazing. She got back to me ASAP on everything and made our experience worth it. However, this venue is way over priced they penny pinch over everything and the up charges are ridiculous. For instance $250.00 to get the head table rised. $350.00 for valet parking. Also I had the Lakeview rooms for my wedding reception and a couple months before we added the grill as well. All three rooms had bars in them, I was told that I would have 3 bars open. However on the day of my wedding when I asked why they additional bar wasn't open in the grill they said I only 2 bartenders and would have to pay 250.00 for an additional bartender. I was so frustrated because I was told something and they didn't follow through with it. When you spend over 20, 000 dollars at venue you expect everything you are told. So it was very disappointing. Especially because that room was like empty the entire night because there was no bar open. So it was basically a waste of money to add it. When my mother discussed with the gm about it he said he would talk to his staff and get back to my mom on monday. 2 weeks went by and we still haven't heard anything. That is just bad business. Additionally, they attempted to cut off my mother at the bar and the groom. Reallly!? Neither were out of control or sick or anything. There bartenders just tried cutting off whoever they felt like. Hmm mm when the mother of the bride paid for this whole thing you don't cut her off. My last advice to you is be sure to read through the contract carefully because they will double book a room for the same day. I arrived at my venue at 5ish and my room still wasn't ready completely. My wedding started at 6. It wasn't ready because they booked a baby shower in the afternoon.

Sent on 07/21/2014

2.2
      0.5
      2.0
      0.5

Cherry Creek is a gorgeous place for your reception and they are very responsive via email throughout your wedding process. However, I was told incorrect information prior to the signing of the contract by the event coordinator at the time. I was told floor length linens were included, however, 4 months before the wedding the event coordinator did not recall telling us this information and I had to deal with the general manager. He was one of the rudest managers I have ever spoke to. He claimed the event coordinator has never had a mix up during her many years working at Cherry Creek and said he was not worried about giving me the floor length linens since it was only a couple hundred dollars. However, he was concerned that I was going to be a "nit pick" bride where I would complain about everything and say that I was told things were included when they weren't. After this conflict they let me have the floor length linens included. The event coordinator also told me that day the minimum was the same for Saturday and Sunday which I found was not true the day of the signing.However, my biggest concern is the fact that Cherry Creek interrupted my photos on the golf course 5 times making my reception introductions 45 mins late. I was told right when I arrived that we could take pictures anywhere on the golf course.We were given the options of taking golf carts or walking and chose walking to try and be quicker since we took pictures right near the venue. I was interrupted 5 times saying I could not take pictures at the location we were at and redirected to a different location. Then another employee/manager would come out and tell us we could not take pictures there.The last employee told me I could not take pictures on the golf course at all because it is Cherry Creek's rule which is NOT true. For the amount of money you spend at Cherry Creek, I would not recommend having your reception there.(Visit the weddingchannel.com for sister's comment toward's vendor's remarks)

Sent on 06/05/2013

Cherry Creek Golf Club's reply:

We understand and applaud all those reading these comments for your due diligence and research. As a matter of policy, Cherry Creek has not historically responded publicly to criticism. Rather, we protect the privacy of these disagreements and wish to pacify opportunities to the full satisfaction of our guests. The account above, however, is filled with troubling inaccuracies that warrant a response.
    Cherry Creek Golf Club has made repeated attempts to discuss the opportunities listed above with this client. Sadly, the client has declined the invitation to have a polite conversation regarding her dissatisfaction. Rather, she has chosen this public forum. Cherry Creek has always operated with strict adherence to the values of trust, honest, respect, integrity and commitment. These words appear in our pledge to provide product and service excellence to all of our guests and associates.
    In an effort to more accurately depict the true nature of these events, we offer the following response which is written with our core values ever present.
    Once the bride insisted that she was promised something that does not appear in our printed packages, we formally requested that the bride come in so that we could re-establish the understanding of our mutual arrangement. This was done so that there would be no further potential for misunderstanding by both parties. This invitation was well received at the time, which is why we at Cherry Creek are shocked to see that this is now being portrayed negatively. The meeting was intended to provide a level of comfort and understanding for the client. We did not wish to add to a brides already elevated level of stress. At the conclusion of this meeting, the bride assured us that she was comfortable and that we were all on the same page.
    The client is accurate in her account that she was interrupted 5 times during her pictures. The client repeatedly strayed from the permissible area for picture taking. Four times, the client was instructed to move out of the field of play on the golf course. The bridal party and their photographers put themselves directly in the path of golfers which could have resulted in serious bodily injury. We were protecting the client, her guests and vendors from bodily harm. Again, we are perplexed to see this being portrayed as unacceptable. One can only imagine the sort of review and legal action that would follow had a member of the bridal party actually been injured by a golf ball within the field of play. The fifth time that the bride was interrupted was to recover stolen property from one of her bridal party, a cell phone that was removed from one of our managers offices inappropriately. For that we cannot and will not apologize.
    Cherry Creek Golf Club has helped to create beautiful, life long memories for over 1000 brides in our celebrated 18 year history. To suggest that everything has been perfect over that period would be disingenuous. With that said, however, we are very proud of the sterling reputation that has been earned and we will gladly share with anyone the hundreds of letters and emails praising our staff and establishment. We thank those reading these comments for allowing us the opportunity to explain “the other side of the story,” objectively.