{ chennergy } Reviews

73 | Woodside, NY

73 Reviews for { chennergy }

Mika · Married on 12/27/2017

Dan is a very talented photographer, and quite simply, a joy to have at your wedding. He works with the utmost professionalism and care. In addition to his ability to capture the beautiful moments of your special day he is also extremely organized, communicative, and honest. He'll be one of the easier people to deal with in your wedding planning.

Sent on 04/02/2018

H · Married on 09/30/2017

Of all the things that you spend money on for a wedding, there are actually only very few things that will truly last beyond that day. One of those things are your wedding pictures. Anyone can take a picture, but not everyone can capture a moment. I wanted a photographer who could preserve my special day in eternity.

I was obsessed with Dan's work from the moment that I saw his photography on Chennergy.com. He has such a unique style that I have never seen anywhere else, and I could feel the emotions in his photos - even though I had no idea who the people were. So naturally, when I began my wedding planning, I reached out to Dan very early in the planning stages (he is in high demand, ladies!) to make sure he would be available on my wedding date and so I could budget accordingly.

From our first correspondence, to when I received my wedding photos, and throughout the entire process, Dan was amazing to work with. He was very responsive, punctual, open to different ideas and locations, and answered my millions of questions with the utmost professionalism. When we met, I felt like Dan was quick to pick up on my and my husband's vibe, and was able to translate that into his photography. I'm normally very camera shy and feel awkward in photos, but Dan made me feel comfortable and was able to capture some of the sweetest and most stunning moments during my engagement shoot and on my wedding day. Some of my favorite photos are of the small intimate moments between me and my husband that I would've never even thought to have asked him to take. That's how you know he's an incredibly talented photographer.

I probably don't even need to write this review because his work speaks for itself. And although greatness don't come cheap (though, quite reasonable), 50 years from now, when I look back at my wedding photos and can feel all of the emotions of that day, I'll be thankful that I went with a photographer who preserved my wedding day forever.

Sent on 02/07/2018
  • Z

Zarreen · Married on 09/02/2017

Dan and team at Chennergy were awesome!! I had seen some pics of a wedding they had photographed and I was blown away by the pictures. I said to myself, we have to hire them! We loved working with Dan from start to finish and the pictures turned out amazing. We'd definitely recommend Chennergy for couples looking for a wedding photographer with an eye for details and professionalism, timeliness, and follow through. Also, our wedding took place in Los Angeles and I had no idea that they were practically in my backyard in New York! Will definitely reach out for more photography needs in the future.

Sent on 02/08/2018

Amy · Married on 05/06/2017

Before I even got engaged, I already knew I was going to use Chennergy and no one else. I had been stalking Dan’s blog photos for the last year or so and his work is incredible. I wanted a photographer that could capture the moment versus those typical posed wedding photos. When you look at his work, they feel so natural and warm. When we got our photos back, I had tears streaming down my cheeks because I loved every single one of them and he captured our true personalities. He and Sarah were such a pleasure to work with the day of the wedding. Dan is very quick in his responses and was very professional. He’s so creative, talented, and puts 100% effort into his work. I would recommend him again and again to anyone. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 06/28/2017

Hayeon · Married on 05/20/2016

Chennergy is absolutely worth every penny! Trust me. The quality of each photo truly captured our beautiful wedding. We told Dan and his team where we wanted our pictures taken and he captured it perfectly. Dan and his team were like happy ninjas--calm, cool and collected, which was so relieving especially because you're basically with them all day and also since you're usually nervous about the day. You didn't even really notice that they were there. And throughout the event, they really captured the energy of the room in each picture and did not miss any event from the entire night. He has an eye for viewing life and moments in an intriguing and artistic manner that was unique to our day. Once our wedding was complete, he continued to be just as responsive and accommodating to us after the wedding as he was before the event. He finished editing all of our photos on schedule and even provided us some expedited edits when we told him we needed them earlier than planned. I honestly would not ever recommend another photographer, he's the best there is. Chennergy, I can't thank you guys enough for such an exceptional service.

Sent on 02/03/2018

Grace · Married on 04/03/2016

Dan is an absolute pleasure to work with! He effortlessly captures candid moments and creates beautiful tones. We couldn’t be happier with our engagement and wedding photos! Thank you for capturing our special day.

Sent on 02/01/2018

Ping · Married on 09/26/2015

We were so lucky to have Dan as our wedding photographer.

Second to food, photography was what my husband and I cared the most about our wedding. I was mesmerized by his portfolio and it was a real struggle to find someone with a similar photojournalism touch. There are many great wedding photographers, but none of their work touched me as much as Dan's did.

Dan was beyond generous to agree to be our wedding photographer when I wrote to him regarding the Rent wedding offer and that really made me the happiest bride. I was so thrilled by the good news for the longest time- even my makeup artist looked Chennergy up and told me how lucky I was after seeing his work.

Nonetheless, fast forward to our wedding day. Dan and Jon showed up promptly and were patient and kind despite so many of our guests jumped in front of them to get a clearer shot of us on their phones. They were also very professional- so attentive yet also invisible during the wedding. Dan was under the weather that day but no single moment of our wedding was not beautifully documented as we later saw in the photos. Dan and Jon were so fun to work with- as awkward as I normally am in photos, all the pictures came out candid and perfect.

Thanks to Dan, we are able to relive our wedding day (with our wedding song in the background) through his work all over again. His work is absolutely amazing and really speaks to the audience. Thank you Dan and Jon!

Sent on 05/10/2016

Noah · Married on 08/22/2015

Amazing photos. I definitely recommend Chennergy for your once in a lifetime event! Everyone who has seen our photos love them and want to use Chennergy for their weddings!

Sent on 02/08/2018

Dede · Married on 09/14/2014

Dan and his team are the BEST! I was never super excited about engagement and wedding photos until I saw the photos he did for my friend's wedding. I was absolutely blown away! He is really wonderful to work with, easy-going and professional. He is also very dedicated. He wasn't thrilled with how some of our pictures turned out with our first looks, so he suggested we take some shots after the reception. We got some fabulous sunset pictures of us because of it and for no extra cost. People still tell me how amazing our photos are!

Sent on 02/02/2018

Dan and David captured our wedding so magnificently -- they are true geniuses and see textures, colors, and landscapes in a truly unique way. Several photographers in my family commented on how exceptional Dan really is -- we feel so lucky they were there to shoot! Words can't do justice to their images - you have to see them!

Sent on 09/02/2014

Phillip · Married on 12/22/2013

Dan was a super pleasure and joy to work with. Not to mention we hired him because he has a great reputation of delivering absolutely stunning magazine-quality photos. If you're one of the lucky individuals who can book him, consider yourself super lucky. I know tons and tons of photographers and Dan is one of the best in the business.

Sent on 07/24/2014

Dan did an absolutely fantastic job on my wedding photos! Pre-wedding, he was very responsive and professional. Our engagement photos came out beautifully and gave me total confidence in his work. At the wedding itself, he and his partner were completely invisible - they were like photographer ninjas! There was no constant shutter-snapping sound and I basically never saw a photographer unless I was looking for one - and then they were right there! Not the mention the fact that the photos are amazing. Dan made everyone look great and chose unique and interesting shots. I would recommend Dan to everyone I know.

Sent on 07/28/2014

Dan & Sarah are fantastic - they are lovely to work with and their photos were breathtakingly beautiful! There is a reason why they get booked up so early in advance and we count ourselves extremely lucky to have had them document our wedding so beautifully.

Sent on 07/26/2014

Moses · Married on 07/19/2013

If you are considering a photographer, I will make the decision easy for you- go with Chennergy.

I am not sure where to begin, but the fact that I gave 5 stars for each category says it all: Chennergy is the real deal. My wife and I had the fortune of having both Dan and Sarah photograph and capture our wedding and needless to say they were AWESOME.

I can't imagine what it would have been like to have anyone else do our wedding photography and our only regret is that we weren't able to have them do our engagement photos as well.

They are also some of the kindest and generous people you will ever have the pleasure of meeting- I can't stress that enough!

Please check out their website to view their body of work. The photos tell you everything you need to know about how amazing the final product will come out. Thank you Dan and Sarah- Jane and I hope that we will get to meet you both one day again!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Gillian · Married on 06/15/2013

What could I possibly say about Dan that will do his photographs the justice they deserve. After admiring his work for years when me and my husband became engaged we knew that photography was at the very top of our list and we had have Chennergy. From our engagement pictures to our big day out in Jackson Hole Dan was an absolute treat. He was so great, so professional, easy going, and was able to get my husband who HATES having his picture taken smiling and enjoying himself. It has been a year since our wedding and we are still getting compliments and getting stopped at parties and gatherings to talk about how stunning our photos were and how no one had seen anything like them before. I recommend Chennergy with all of my heart. If sensational photographs that are truly one of a kind are at the top of your wedding must have list, there is no one else to turn to.

Sent on 07/24/2014

Chennergy is art. Creative, beautiful and real, our wedding photos read like stills of a Wong Kar Wai film.

My husband is a wedding photographer and his top wish was to have Chennergy be our photographers. The photos are ridiculously fantastic and Dan and Sarah were fun, professional, kind, generous, flexible and easy to work with. They went above and beyond in every possible way and we are incredibly thankful. Chennergy is in a class of their own.

Mina · Married on 11/03/2012

Chennergy is simply the best photography you are going to get......we are soooo happy with both our wedding photos AND our wedding video! Our wedding trailer still gives us goosebumps and tears every single time we watch it......Dan and his team were absolutely WONDERFUL to work with and they really went above and beyond to capture every single moment of our special day.....we couldn't be more happy with our finished product and we will DEFINITELY be reccomending them to all of our friends and family for their special day, as well as using them in the future for other special events we may have. They are incredibly talented, have a keen eye for the arts, and they have their own artistic style that sets them apart from other wedding photographers......I feel like what they capture is like artwork.....they truly know lighting, angles, nature, space, and emotion. They are artists in every sense of the word. Thank you Dan, Sarah, and the Chennergy Team! You guys rock!!!

Sent on 08/05/2014

Alice · Married on 10/27/2012

Dan and team were awesome.

I was a fan for several years before I got married because of how his work stands out and stays consistent and true despite trends. Not sure how to put it into words, but he has his own style of capturing moments in an artful and thoughtful way.

His treatment has a film-like quality (even in digital), and he produces a good balance of candid and slightly more posed shots for composition sake (you won't regret that--everyone wants candid and natural until they see pictures of themselves looking awkward ;) ). He's also a pleasure to work with. You'll be surprised at what he captures.

Sent on 12/11/2012

Sherri · Married on 10/07/2012

DREAM WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER! My husband and I wanted a photographer who would capture the whole day, including all the little details. We both have horrible memories but wanted to be able to recall the big entrances and little treasured moments. We also wanted to look like movie stars. ;) We got everything we wanted and more. Our wedding budget was not big but our photos were one of our top priorities and 2 years later, we're don't great a single penny. Chennergy is top quality and high value. I cannot recommend them enough. They were great to work with, quick turn around, and magazine ready shots.

Sent on 07/24/2014

I discovered Chennergy a few years ago after they photographed a former classmate of mine and since the day I saw their photos/video, I was 100% hooked. So much so that within days of getting engaged, Chennergy was the first vendor I contacted to ensure they were available even before booking our church/reception location.

Dan, Sarah and the rest of the crew were amazing. Dan was responsive, professional and helpful during the planning process and on the day of the wedding, the entire team was attentive, stealth-like and captured the most beautiful moments I could have imagined.

The most important thing for us was finding a team that would mesh well with us and our wedding party and get who we are. Chennergy not only understood, they knocked it out of the park. The photos and the video tell the story of the day in a beautiful, clean, and oh so fun way. It's like they've known us forever with the details and moments they caught on camera. We have had numerous people tell us, "they captured who you guys are" and "it was so you."

By far, the best decision we made (other than getting married!)

Sent on 12/12/2012

Valerie · Married on 09/15/2012

I am not sure how I can possibly put into words the magic that Dan creates on film. Hiring Dan was hands down the best decision I made when planning for our wedding, and I know that anyone that gets the pleasure of working with him will not regret it. He is a master of his craft, without any sort of pretentious attitude. He is sweet, funny, humble and kind which is exactly the type of person you want to capture such important moments in your life. Our photos are beautiful and truly capture the raw moments of the day. If you're like I was during the planning process- you have already spent the last four hours looking at photos on his blog because the work speaks for itself. He is an artist of photography, and I will cherish the photos he captured of our wedding day as some of my most prized possesions. Dan and his team get my absolute highest recommendation, and you are truly lucky if you get the chance to have him be a part of your wedding day.

Sent on 12/12/2012

Gray · Married on 07/07/2012

excellent photographer with great eye for angle and detail. definitely given more than what we expect. friendly and feel no pressure during the shoot, enjoy the process.

Sent on 09/21/2012
  • Z

Ze · Married on 07/07/2012

We definitely made the right choice, we love his unconventional way of capturing the moments! We received a lot of compliments from friends of the beautiful pictures!

Sent on 09/26/2012

Dan and Sarah were amazing to work with. Yes there services are a bit pricey but it is worth every penny. They were very professional and reliable. They did not need very much direction from us at all. They were able to maneuver us around to get good shots. They worked with our general wants (places/timeline/important people) and added their creativity, moved us around as needed, and took everything to a whole new level. Best of all there were just good, relaxed people who were enjoyable to have around on the day of your wedding. Their creativity and ultimate final products were amazing. I highly recommend getting video footage of your wedding. It adds a whole dimension that pictures don't get. You could even do videography without photography which actually we almost did (except for my mom was uncomfortable with the idea). I would definitely Chennergy without any reservations. They are all around great people and great to work with.

Sent on 09/04/2012

Julie · Married on 06/02/2012

We were absolutely thrilled with our wedding photos! They are so beautiful and truly captured the spirit and love of the day.

Sent on 08/15/2012