Chef's Table Catering Reviews

Chef's Table Catering 3
Chef's Table Catering 4
Chef's Table Catering 5

Johanna · Married on 08/03/2013

I am very impressed with Chef's table and look forward to using them again in the future. On all levels, including quality and deliciousness of food, precision of service and personality, they proved to be a great catering service. Thank you so much, Mike and Becky!

Sent on 08/18/2013

Kathleen · Married on 07/20/2013

Chef's Table and the Foley's were amazing! From the first inquiry regarding their availability to the conclusion of our event, they were helpful, available and most important GREAT QUALITY!

The tasting (in beautiful Old Town AG), was relaxing and enjoyable. For anyone planning a wedding--a vendor who makes the process easy is key. From that first meeting, Becky was very encouraging about all our other vendors as well, a sign of Chef's Table's veteran status in the Central Coast Wedding industry.

And of course the most important part - the FOOD was fantastic! The Foley's worked around my husband's lactose intolerance and created a meal that was almost entirely dairy free. And when we called at the last minute and asked them to set aside a meal that was completely fat free (for another guest with strict dietary restrictions), they were happy to put together a plate with no dressings or other fats.

Many of our guests complimented our food! One guest mentioned how they appreciated the nod to Central Coast style BBQ, while the meal still retained a formal and classy feel.

WOW! That is all we can say for the Foley's! Our entire event was such a success, and it could not have happened without Chef's Table.

Sent on 08/10/2013

Adriaana · Married on 07/20/2013

Becky and Mike were amazing to work with! They were very helpful throughout the planning process, very quick to answer any questions that we had. The food was delicious, we got so many compliments from all of our guests. Becky was also available the entire night to help keep everything moving along on time and help clean up at the end of the night. I would highly recommend Chef's Catering! Thank you for making our wedding so special!

Sent on 08/14/2013

Angel · Married on 07/19/2013

Mike and Becky are awesome! We initially chose the because during my work with struggling youth in our community I had the opportunity to work with them. I knew they were great people and very involved in their community. We had them do and Italian buffet for our wedding and it was delicious! The appetizers were great, the food was great, and the service was great! We actually now share a wedding anniversary with them and we can only hope to be that great!!! If you want great food and service they are the way to go! Oh and they made sure we ate appetizers and boxed us up dinner to have later at the hotel when I told Becky that we weren't going to have time to eat!

Nikki · Married on 07/13/2013

Becky and Mike were amazing!! They are so great to work with not to mention their food was fantastic! All of guests kept telling us how much they LOVED the food and how nice the people were that provided the food. All the way around they were great and I would use them again for any event! They really helped make our wedding a fantastic event!
    Thank you again Becky and Mike!!
    Chris & Nikki Scott

Brianne · Married on 06/29/2013

Mike and Becky were a pleasure to work with from our very first meeting up until the actual event. They made us feel comfortable, were extremely professional, and had such warm and inviting personalities that made working with them an amazing experience. They were always quick to respond and came through with exactly everything that was promised to us. The food was perfect and everyone at the wedding was raving about it. An outstanding company to work with and made our special day so amazing!!! Highly recommend this catering company!!!

Chef's Table Catering's reply:

Thank you Brianne and Carlos for allowing to us be a part of your special day. Best wishes to you both!
  • User3320106 · 2+ years ago

I could not have asked for a better experience than with Chef Mike and his wonderful wife Becky. Becky was so thorough and responsive to what surely must have felt like 9 million questions that we had during the process. During the reception (held outdoors) we had some unexpectedly cold weather and one minor timeline alteration that was handled so smoothly and professionally that it took any stress away. The food was wonderful and our guests are still complementing us. Our photographer personally came up to us during the dinner and told us how amazing the food was. Their staff was professional and attentive. What a great experience! Thank you Mike and Becky for helping make our day so spectacular.

Sent on 06/12/2013
  • User3820735 · 2+ years ago

Mike and Becky were AWESOME. The food was great - we are still getting compliments. They worked incredibly well with our venue. True pros!

Sent on 01/15/2014

Cayse · Married on 05/18/2013

Chef's Table Catering is the best! Mike and Becky are awesome and we would recommend them to anyone! Becky always responds to emails and phone calls right away and is ALWAYS willing to help. She went above and beyond to make sure our special day was perfect!! Mike is an amazing chef! He is very creative in the kitchen and is always coming up with new dishes and appetizers! He was very flexible with our menu and budget and worked with us on exactly what we wanted! Their staff was very professional and friendly. They had over 10 people working our wedding which made it great for fast service! Chef's Table Catering made our wedding run smoothly.... what more can you ask for!!!

Cayse and Robbie Melero

Sent on 06/03/2013

Chef's Table Catering's reply:

Thank You Cayse and Robbie - it was so wonderful to see all of your plans come together. We wish you the best!

Amanda · Married on 05/11/2013

Chef's Table Catering is AMAZING! Executive Chef Mike Foley and his wife Becky are incredible with what they do. As a former employee of Mike's, I knew from Day 1 that I wanted him to cook the food for my wedding. When my husband and I were going around the tables, all I heard was "the food is fantastic" and noticed that everyone's plates were scraped clean. A month later, I still ask my guests how their dinner was because I love hearing how much everyone enjoyed it! The quality of service and professionalism was also incredible. The staff had everything down to a "T" and were very polite and efficient. They learn from the best!

Sent on 06/06/2013

Chef's Table Catering's reply:

Thank you Amanda and Chad for your kind words. We loved watching all of your dreams come true!

Alicia · Married on 04/13/2013

We loved the meal provided by Chef's Table Catering! We are still getting compliments from our guests about the impressive appetizers and vegetarian options. Wonderful family to work with!

Sent on 04/24/2013

Chef's Table Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was an honor to be part of your day. All our best, Mike and Becky

Excellent service from beginning to end. The food was out of this world. Would use this company again!

Sent on 12/18/2012

Tara · Married on 11/02/2012

This caterer was on my recommended vendors from my wedding venue. But my gosh I'm so glad they were. Right from the start Becky was so responsive to all of my emails with multitudes of questions. We were planning our wedding from out of town, and they made it so easy. Other caterers only wanted to talk cost, and were trying to tell me I couldn't get quality food in what I was making my price range- which I knew could not be true. I met with Becky and Mike and tasted their food and was instantly in love. They made a menu that was exactly what we wanted, and EVERYONE at our 120 guest wedding raved about the food. Even 2 weeks later I am hearing about how great the food was. On top of that the level of professionalism and just genuine niceness was so apparent with this stellar team. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone!!

Sent on 11/20/2012

Soquel · Married on 09/15/2012

Chef's Table, formally know as GCR catering is absolutely AMAZING!! Mike and Becky are not only phenomenal caters, but unbelievable people as well. Mike is a true chef at heart and noticeably passionate about his craft. He worked closely with my husband and I to create a menu that not only fit our budget but wowed our guests. Full of flavor, with something for every palate and lifestyle, Chef's Table puts a fresh spin on traditional "wedding food". We had several guests comment on how delicious everything looked and tasted, not to mention how friendly and attentive the staff were throughout the entire evening. Becky was a doll to work with and very organized and patient with me while I went through my occasional wedding crisis moments. My husband and I HIGHLY recommend the Fowley's for your big day and any other special occasions on the horizon. We look forward to working with them again, and again in the future and feel blessed to have had them as a part of our team on our special day! Thank you both from the bottom of our hearts!!

Sent on 10/22/2012

Linda · Married on 08/25/2012

Mike and Becky were fantastic! The wedding was at the Cayucos Creek Barn, a venue where one must bring the party. My son inlaw made a comment that summed it up. It tasted better the night off than at the tasting and the tasting was great! This team was exactly that a team and they really went the extra mile to achieve my daughters dream dinner. They prepared things just as she requested.. as unusual at some of her choices were everyone raved about the food and the service. I would recommend them to anyone as they truly deliver! Thank you Mike and Becky, you both ROCK!

Jennifer · Married on 08/11/2012

Amazing!! I cannot praise Chef's Table Catering enough. The food was a huge hit at my daughter's wedding. We had over 200 guests and everyone raved about the meal. The staff was exceptional and very professional. Becky is a joy to work with and Mike is an amazing chef! I was shocked that we were able to serve a gourmet dinner at such a great price. Don't bother looking anywhere else, this is the caterer you want!!

• F

Faye · Married on 07/21/2012

Mike and Becky Foley (Formerly GCR Catering) are as professional as it gets. I would reccomend them to anyone who needed catering services, be it for a wedding, birthday party, etc... They gave me a fantastic menu to chose from, their pricing was very reasonable for the quality of food and level of service provided and they did everything they said they would do in the time frame promised. The food was great. I got many compliments from my guests on the food. I even had a very picky teenager tell me he liked the sauce on the chicken! I literally have ZERO bad things to say about this company and if I had to do it all over again, I would definitely reuse them or reccomend them to anyone looking for a quality caterer.

Ariana · Married on 04/21/2012

I cannot say enough about GCR catering! Not only was their food spectacular, their staff professional, and their service quick and efficient on the day of, but they were fantastic to work with throughout the entire planning process.

After listening to the "feel" of the wedding and the type of food that we liked, Mike Foley prepared a menu for us. He was incredibly responsive to all of our questions, and was open to all feedback. He prepared a beautiful tasting for us that included, the salad, main courses and every side dish-- all of which tasted incredible! Our wedding had three different locations, and Mike was open to providing staff, food and drinks for each of them, no matter how logistically difficult it was. From preparing mint lemonade for our lemonade stand, to providing bar tenders, to having oranges available for the Blue Moon Beer that we were serving, GCR paid attention to every detail.

I can honestly say that I contacted Mike about 2 million times during the planning process with questions about who was providing ice, how quickly salads for 220 guests could be plated, having vegetarian options at the buffet, linen colors, etc, and he never once made me feel like my questions were silly. Throughout the process, my husband and I learned that in GCR we had found a vendor that we could rely on wholeheartedly, and knowing that made the wedding day so much more relaxing and enjoyable for us. We would recommend Mike Foley and GCR catering to anyone needing an event of any size catered, and we can't wait for him to cater our next event, whatever that may be...

Sent on 05/06/2012

Tracie · Married on 08/08/2009

Mike Foley and GCR Catering made our special day one we will always remember! Their attention to detail was top notch. Designing a personal menu that encompassed both my husband and my food desires not only made our eating experience unique-but GCR blended our styles effortlessly. Our guests enjoyed signature cocktails, amazing appetizers and a dinner menu that left no one hungry. Out of town guests were introduced to food from our region and were indulged with delicious desserts. Working with Mike Foley is working with a pro! A pro who pays attention to the Bride's needs! What a great vendor!

Sent on 03/12/2012

Katie · Married on 01/30/2016

Chefs table is AMAZING! From the quality of their food to the service they provided, it was nothing short of perfect! I could not be more happy that i choose them to be a part of our special day! Mike and Becky are so wonderful and easy to work with! The set up was beautiful and the food was outstanding! I would recommend them for any catering event big or small!!!!

Sent on 05/05/2016

Our only complaint was the servers did not serve dinner to the parent's table first after the head table was served. Other than that, great experience!

Sent on 05/13/2013

Sara · event on: 05/26/2013

Chef's Table is amazing! I could not be happier with Mike and Becky, they truely made my wedding day so amazing! People are still talking about how amazing the food was at our wedding! The best part is the food we tasted at our tasting session before the wedding, tasted just aamzing on the wedding day. This is one of the few caterers in the area, that give AMAZING customer service, Becky is very attentive and actually anaswers phone calls and return emails ontime! They were extremely attentive to my husband and i on our wedding day, even saving appetizers for us so we didnt miss out on any food while taking pictures. They accomodated my request for a family style meal and exceeded beyond my expectations. They are really great and I would highely reccommend them, and no I am not a family member or friend.... was just a bride who found them on a wedding web site!

Sent on 06/21/2013

Chef's Table Catering's reply:

Thank you Sara and Brett, it was a pleasure to work with both of you! We are so happy you and your guests loved everything!

Kristine · Married on 10/18/2014

We met Becky and Mike for the first time at the tasting after speaking to them on the phone and over email. We had expressed interest in a non-traditional menu and they were so helpful with helping us develop different menu options! We really appreciated them embracing our non-traditional menu ideas and coming up with various options: Asian fusion, taco bar, Mediterranean food, etc. While we were at the tasting, we explained we were also having a large rehearsal dinner and learned they also cater Santa Maria style BBQ. We used Chef’s Table for both our rehearsal dinner (about 90 people with Santa Maria style BBQ) and our wedding (about 115 people with an Asian fusion menu).
    Becky was very easy to work with and answered our questions (in detail) every time we had a question come up. The food was amazing, and everyone loved both menus! We got so many compliments about the food, that we were impressed by the execution of this non-traditional wedding menu for so many guests. Also, Becky, Mike, and their team of servers were helpful with the setup. For our rehearsal dinner, Becky offered to wrap the silverware in the bandanna napkins (we shipped them to her a few weeks before) and tie each one with twine! It was exactly what we were hoping for and was such a help not to have to do that day-of. They also had a great attention to detail. At our rehearsal dinner, Becky knew 1 wine glass was missing from our rentals and tracked it down to make sure we wouldn't get charged for that glass. At our wedding, Becky knew we wouldn't get a chance to taste all the appetizers, so she made us a sampler plate to have one of each – that was such a thoughtful gesture!

Sent on 11/16/2014

Lisa · Married on 06/14/2014

3.0

Really had a great experience with this catering company. The couple that runs everything are incredibly nice and professional. They did such an excellent job on ALL the food for my wedding, was very pleased and so were all my guests.

Sent on 08/05/2014