Chef's Table Catering Reviews

Chef's Table Catering 2
Chef's Table Catering 3
Chef's Table Catering 4
Chef's Table Catering 5

Becky, Mike, and their staff were incredible. My fiance and I went to a tasting at their Grover Beach location. The food was delicious and beautiful. We really also loved that they buy from local farmers and know where their food comes from. On our wedding day, the food was just as good as we remembered. So many guests wrote to us later about how great the food was! (Get the tri tip!!) In addition to their food being amazing, their service was impeccable. Becky was helpful and responsive in the time leading up to the wedding. On the day of, their staff were flexible, helping deal with some seat shuffling, and extra accommodating. I wish I could have thanked both Becky and Mike on the day of our wedding because it was truly wonderful.

Sent on 06/06/2016

Margo · Married on 04/24/2016

Mike, Becky, and Staff provided wonderful service at our 50th wedding anniversary celebration at our home in San Luis Obispo. Everyone was so professional from start to finish -pre-arrangments and site visit, set-up, layout and organization, delicious food and prompt delivery, courteous service, bartending and clean up. Couldn't have asked for more!! We can't thank Chef's Table Catering enough for making this memorable day perfect for us. We received many comments about how delicious the appetizers were and how thoughtful all the staff were. Margo Z

Sent on 05/02/2016

Marissa · Married on 11/14/2015

Chef's Table Catering exceeded our expectations!!!

Becky and Chef Mike were an absolute pleasure to work with. Incredibly personable and willing to customize the food for our wedding to what we wanted.

We asked them to create a Nachos Bar for our wedding appetizer. They had never done one before but were more than willing to try something new. The nachos were an absolute HIT! Our wedding guest absolutely loved the idea and they were so YUMMY!!! Everything was made by chef. The cheese sauce was amazing -- Chef's own creation. And the meat is premium and grounded by Chef himself. A huge plus in my eyes!

We had Chefs Table Catering do a family style meal, which I would highly recommend. Chefs Table Catering are truly professionals when it comes to scheduling when the food comes out without it being cold. Our dinner was served hot and never seemed rushed. Their staff was clean, professional, and respectful. Food was absolutely amazing and top notch.

Becky and Chef Mike were so thoughtful! They put aside appetizer food that was served to our guests, for my Groom and I. We didn't want to miss out on the appetizers because we were taking photos! We were SO hungry after the ceremony! So Becky invited us to take a moment before the reception and indulge in the food before returning to greet everyone. I was so incredibly thankful for that. What caterer goes out of their way to do such a thing?! Chefs Table Catering does.

Chefs Table Catering is professional is every way, quick to answer any questions, makes it a priority to have everything go smoothly, puts your needs first...I can't say enough about this catering company.

I WILL be using Chef Table Catering again. I truly enjoyed working with them. If you're looking for a catering company whom you can have complete confidence in, to know what they are doing, incredibly easy to work with, and serve great/fresh food, I HIGHLY recommend Chef's Table Catering.

Sent on 01/25/2016

Stephanie · Married on 10/16/2015

Mike & Becky are awesome at what they do. The food was top notch and we are still receiving compliments from our guests about how great the food & service was. Some have even told us that it was the best food at a wedding they have ever had. I would highly recommend Chef's Table! You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 10/29/2015

Maria · Married on 10/10/2015

The food and service Becky and Mike delivered was undoubtedly one of the highlights of our wedding. All throughout the night and the following days we kept getting compliments on what great food we had our wedding. A highlight for me was definitely when my groom and I turned to each other and agreed how great our first dinner as newlywed was, my only regret was not being able to eat more ( my dress wouldn't allow it).

Becky and Mike you're the best!!!!

Sent on 10/23/2015

Rachel · Married on 09/19/2015

Becky and Mike are amazing!!! After our taste test we knew we had to have them as our caterer. Their food is phenomenal. The sauces, the tri tip, the mac & cheese and everything in between was to die for me. My guests couldn't stop talking about how great the food was. And to top it off, they were lifesavers when my rentals did not get delivered. Hiring them as my caterer was one of the best decision I made! #stellardreamteam

Sent on 10/28/2015

Emily · Married on 09/05/2015

Becky and Mike were unbelievably professional, prompt, courteous, and their food was delicious. Working with them was one of the easiest parts of planning our wedding. We met up for two different tastings to help us decide what we wanted on our menu, and they were willing to customize to our taste! (Creme brûlée bar anyone? Yes please!) The presentation of our buffet meal was beautiful, particularly the tri-tip arrangement! We got so many compliments on our food! We had been to so many weddings where the food was lackluster or cold, it was a weight off our shoulders knowing that ours would not only be flavorful, but also served beautifully, and still hot! We also got tons of compliments on the staff! The waiters and waitresses were on point, very polite, and made sure my guests had everything they could want. Becky was sweet enough to make sure I got a bite to eat in between the ceremony and our grand entrance which I was very grateful for and was much needed! Our vegetarian guests were blown away by the special meal prepared just for them, it was so yummy, many of our other guests wanted to try some too! We could not have picked a better caterer for our wedding! I can recommend Chef's Table to any bride and groom with 100% confidence that they will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/24/2015

Nan · Married on 08/08/2015

Becky and Mike are amazing to work with! They were first recommended by my wedding planner. When we contacted them, they were quick to respond and very friendly. We have already decided on having a taco bar for our reception so they created an entire menu from appetizers to entries in a week and everything sounded amazing. The quote they gave was also very reasonable. They made an awesome menu tasting for us, and we absolutely loved everything! All of their foods, including the assorted salsa are home made. Our guests raved about the authenticity of the food -- our friend who is from Mexico even praised their food, especially the chili verde, which is my absolute favorite. They are also very accommodating to our vegetarian friends and made sure everything was prepared in a nut-free environment for our friends with allergies. Visual presentation was important to us and they made sure the serving station had the rustic yet classy look we liked. Becky and Mike are such good people and they are great at what they do. I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 11/02/2015

Starlynn · Married on 08/01/2015

I can not say enough about Becky and Mike! Not only is their food amazing but they are two of the sweetest people you will ever meet. The guests at my wedding are still talking about how good the food was. The best part was flaming donuts! One of the highlights of the night. Thank you Mike and Becky for making my wedding spectacular!

Sent on 08/14/2015
  • User5020088 · 2+ years ago

Becky and Mike an absolute please to work with. I had a destination wedding so I'd have quick questions which she'd reply to quickly and professionally. The food at the tasting was simply amazing - which we had two tasting prior and it left our mouths watering for more! My guests loved the appetizers and the meal. They catered to our Vegan friends too - which wasn't just a simple veggie dish. The Flaming Donuts were a huge hit - all my guests raved about them and some even helped themselves to seconds and thirds. Becky made sure our meals were great and that my daughter (1 year old) ate as well - on the night of the event. Just going that extra mile to make us feel special.

I HIGHLY recommend this Caterer for any event. The food and service was top notch.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Chefs Table, run by Mike and Becky, is an exceptional catering company. They are easy to work with, serve delicious food and provide incredible service.

I planned my sister's wedding at the Avila Beach Golf Resort, and am happy we selected Chef's Table. We ended up having 140 guests.

Appetizers
    Our family loves appetizers, so we decided to have a longer cocktail hour with 6 appetizers! - stuffed mushrooms, mini ahi tacos, grilled vegetable sliders, pulled pork on cornbread with apple slaw, tomato soup shooters with grilled cheese, and fresh fruit skewers. Guests were all spread out during the cocktail hour but the servers successfully walked around the entire ground and offered appetizers to all.

Main Meal
    The wedding couple wanted a more causal, fun feel for the wedding so went with a buffet. The main meal included:
    Spring Mix Salad with Strawberries, Feta Cheese and Candied Almonds
    Rustic Tomato Cucumber Salad
    Lemon Herb Chicken Breast
    Braised Short Ribs
    Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
    Fresh Vegetable Medley
    Artisan Rolls and Butter
    The food was delicious!! The chicken and beef were warm and moist plus there were so many delicious vegetables. Chef Table's short ribs are truly special, and I can highly recommend them. There was plenty of food for everyone, and guests were able to make it through the buffet quickly.

Overall Service
    What a great team! They arrived early to setup, offered all the food and beverage services when we wanted and had the whole place cleaned up on time! Love!! Chef's Table is a team you can count on to deliver.

Thank you Mike and Becky for helping to create a wonderful wedding for my sister and my brother-in-law. The wedding went so smoothly and came together beautifully!

Sent on 07/10/2015

Leah · Married on 06/14/2015

Chef's Table Catering were fantastic! The food was delicious, the service was perfect, and the pricing was super affordable. If we did it all again, we'd still go with Chef's Table for our catering. Everyone one of our guests raved about the fantastic food!

Sent on 09/07/2015

Molly · Married on 06/06/2015

Mike and Becky were amazing! We hired them for our wedding and could not have been happier with their service from start to finish. Seriously some of the nicest people I've ever met and they bent over backwards to make sure everything for our wedding was perfect. I coordinate events in the Los Angeles area and I only wish they were closer so we could work together again. The food was soooo delicious that several of our guests are still talking about it weeks after the wedding. The presentation and taste were far superior to any other wedding food I've ever tasted. It felt like a personal home cooked meal. Their prices were also extremely reasonable. Book them! You won't be sorry.

Sent on 06/28/2015
  • W

Whitney · Married on 05/30/2015

Mike and Becky are fantastic. From booking to the end of the wedding they were professional, helpful, and made our dream wedding food a reality! Our guests commented throughout the night and still to this day that the food was fantastic and the service was exceptional. I am picky about my steak and Mike cooked it to perfection- medium rare! Their service staff was friendly to guests and always made sure they were comfortable. I cannot say enough good things about Chefs Table! They thoroughly exceeded my expectations. We had passed appetizers- fried chicken and waffles with a little maple syrup, buffalo chicken bite, pulled pork on corn bread and BLT sliders. For dinner we did strawberry salad to start and then the baseball cut top sirloin, risotto cake, and asapagus. It was all perfect. Mike is willing to try new things and make the event unique to your preferences. He has some menu selection ideas to give you but he strives to personalize your menu to you. I highly recommend Chefs for all of your event catering. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 06/13/2015

Jera · Married on 05/17/2015

Mike, Becky and their whole team at Chef's Table were incredible. My now husband and I couldn't of imagined our food and service being any more perfect. My husband, Matt, is a very picky eater, he is 26 and still hasn't learned the value of eating his vegetables :). Mike and Becky cooked the vegetables and created a salad in such a delicious way that even Matt was gobbling it up. It has been weeks since my wedding and I still have my guest talking about the melt in your mouth trip tip, amazing jalapeno artichoke crostini, orzo pasta salad, and more. I highly recommend Chef's Table to anyone for any event.

Sent on 06/26/2015

Delicious food and have been extremely responsive and flexible with our requests. Can't wait until our wedding day.

Sent on 02/15/2015

Becky and Mike are the best!! Their food is so good and they have great service to match it. Becky was a dream to work with; she was so responsive and sweet through every phase of the planning. Every one of our vendors told us how much they loved working with them. When we did our tasting they asked us a lot of thoughtful questions and it showed they really took our answers to heart on the day of. They made several changes to our menu at our request, and they were totally willing to work with our budget so that we could give our guests a delicious family-style dinner and fantastic appetizers. We asked if they could work in lobster bisque (not one of their menu items) and Mike made us insanely good lobster bisque shooters with LOTS of lobster in them. We asked if we could switch up an appetizer for something gluten-free, and he added one in at no additional cost. And little things, like my preference for a lighter dressing on the salad, were taken into account. I didn't even ask them to do that! It really made the meal special and many of our guests told us how much they loved the food. Becky even personally delivered our dinner (along with some of the appetizers we missed while taking photos) which gave us an opportunity to thank her in person. Oh yeah - and the FLAMING DONUTS - OMG!!! They're incredible. That's all I have to say. Wish I could get those in LA!

Sent on 05/04/2015

I found them through Central Coast Wedding Professionals and they proved to be just that! Everything was excellent and we are very thankful that they made our special day incredible! Thank you Mike and Becky for everything you did for us and for just being a wonderful couple to work with.

Sent on 02/06/2015

Best food on the Central Coast! They really did a fantastic job making our day special from start to finish.

Sent on 02/06/2015

Karen · Married on 12/20/2014

We worked with Becky(she and her husband own Chef's table) She made us a custom menu to accommodate my husbands tri-tip request for a very affordable price. We choose buffet style but there is a plated option as well. We loved that our guests could sample each food rather than the traditional one single meal option. Becky also let us change our guest count up until the week before the wedding since our wedding was during the holidays and guest numbers kept fluctuating. There was SO much food for each guest and we received so many compliments. Chef's Table has worked with our wedding venue before (Spanish Oaks Ranch) so together the two companies helped make our day perfect. We highly recommend Becky and her team especially if you use Spanish Oaks Ranch!

Sent on 01/09/2015

Amanda · Married on 11/22/2014

When I decided to have my wedding in San Luis Obispo, I became very nervous that I wouldn't be able to find the right caterer. I knew that I would have to travel from my home in Orange County and spend a weekend tasting food. I was recommended to Chef's Table. I met Becky, who was amazingly informative and a great representative of the delicious food that was coming for Mike, the chef. He loves to use produce and spices that are in season and all locally grown. They make a specific point to tell you about where they get all of there products and how he chooses what he makes for the day of your wedding. While I was discussing with them what my groom would want, his only request was mac n' cheese. At this point, the tasting menu had already been set and we were almost done with everything. Mike jumped up and said "If he wants mac n' cheese, give me a moment and I will make you some." Mid-tasting, he leaves us for about 10 minutes max and comes back with the most delicious mac n' cheese I have ever had.
    Then, on the day of our wedding the food was just as spectacular as I could have remembered. All of my guests raved about the food and still do! I can not thank them enough for their attentiveness to Stephen and I during our wedding as well. They sent waiters with appetizers to us during pictures, Becky continued to check on us during the wedding making sure we had eaten enough, and Mike ended up making his "FIRE AND ICE" which was a HUGE hit with everyone as well. I highly recommend them to any bride looking for catering.Thank you Mike and Becky for sharing your talent and professionalism with us on our wedding day.
    Stephen and Amanda Cahill

Sent on 12/09/2014

Rebecca · Married on 11/01/2014

Chef's Table did a great job for us. They really cared about our ideas and listened to our requests. They were a great value because they provided all of the things our venue didn't have. The service was excellent and attentive to our guests. We have received so many compliments. Thank you Mike and Becky and the great staff of Chef's Table!

Sent on 11/27/2014

Jade · Married on 09/06/2014

As a bride and groom that love food, it was something important for us to have amazing food on our wedding for not only us but for our guests to enjoy. Not only did we get that but food that all our guests still rave about a month after the wedding. Mike and Becky were just so amazing to work with and they really cater to each couple, they make you feel comfortable and create something that brings out the bride and groom on the big day. We worked together and created the most perfect menu and we couldn't have been happier! Thank you Mike and Becky for making our day even more special!! Oh and the flaming donuts are a must!!!

Sent on 10/02/2014
  • Donna

Donna · Married on 09/05/2014

Becky & Mike at Chef’s Table Catering are simply THE BEST caterers! It was important to my fiancé and I that we serve our guests great food since all guests traveled into Paso Robles for our destination wedding. The caterer search was time consuming. I read catering reviews and also asked for recommendations from my venue Robert Hall Winery. Chef’s Table website was designed well & helped me narrow down my menu choices.
    Since I handled planning remotely, I needed responsive business professionals & relied on email for most of our decisions. Becky was friendly and helpful over the phone and she always answered email and questions in a flash!
    Becky & Mike guided us through the entire process of selecting & finalizing our menu and creating the right service & theme for our venue/event. When we traveled to Paso to meet our vendors, we were thrilled to meet Becky & Mike. When we tasted our delicious food we felt fortunate that Chefs Table was available for our reception date and were so excited for our upcoming wedding!
    Speaking of the big wedding day….Chefs Table far surpassed our expectations. Our guests loved the food/ food presentation at cocktail hour (the beef w chimichurri on little hibachi grills, ahi tuna tacos on carved limes, scallops with caramelized apple and pancetta, etc.). And that was just the first act - our reception dinner was a BIG hit. The food service was perfectly timed and guests marveled at the fresh delicious cuisine. The filet mignon with cabernet reduction sauce was melt in your mouth! The sea bass with orange mango gastrique was so delicate and both were deliciously pared with mushroom risotto cakes, grilled asparagus, butternut squash/carrots/apples, salad with grilled peaches….yum. My husband & I were so busy but Becky & Mike kept an eye out and served us our food right when we got to our table – the timing made me smile because I was starved.

Thank you Becky & Mike for helping to make our wedding an event to remember!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Ryanne · Married on 07/27/2014

Chef's Table was the best! We were so, so happy with their service. Not only did they create an incredible menu that fit our needs (sliders and mac and cheese with gluten free options!), they were very flexible when needed and pleaseantly responsive when we asked questions. Unlike other caterers we looked at, it never seemed like they were after the dollar, but instead really interested in making our reception the best it could be. Becky and Mike are really sweet people, and their staff was excellent. I can't say enough wonderful things about them. And of course, the food was DELICIOUS! All of our guests raved about it!

Sent on 09/06/2014