Chef's Table Caterers & Event Planners Reviews

100 | Herndon, VA

100 Reviews for Chef's Table Caterers & Event Planners

Caroline · Married on 05/18/2013

We could go on and on about the wonderful service we had for our wedding from The Chef's Table. Nicole was AMAZING!! They guided us all through the process with great advice and helpful hints. When it came to the night of the event...everything was perfect! The food was amazing, the staff was responsive and helpful. We just can't say enough!!

Sent on 05/20/2013

Geral · Married on 05/18/2013

What an amazing team! I loved that they put so much attention to you, they definitely made me feel special during mynwedding. Agustin was always very flexible and gave me good advice on many aspects of my wedding. The food was delicious. Definitely recommend this vendor!

Sent on 05/25/2013

Tracy · Married on 05/16/2013

Our daughter's wedding reception was exactly what we had hoped for. Everything was up to, or exceeded, our expectations. Kelley was wonderful to work with- very professional and gracious. We have had many guests inquire about our event and I have passed your name onto many, thus far.

Sent on 06/07/2013

Stephanie · Married on 05/11/2013

I cannot say enough wonderful things about The Chefs Table. The service and food were both amazing. Especially Kelley, we had the pleasure of working side by side with her throughout the entire process and she was the BEST! We had many special requests for our menu and they completely lived up to our expectations. They were also extremely understanding when we had to bring our daughter with us to all of our appointments. I highly, highly recommend them-they will not disappoint and don't forget to ask for Kelley!

Sent on 06/26/2013

Kathleen · Married on 05/04/2013

Nicole helped us to smooth over the mistakes we made in the table seating. She went out of her way to fix any issues. The food was very delicious. The staff worked very hard to ensure that everyone was pleased. I highly recommend The Chef's Table and would use them again if our other daughter gets married.

Sent on 05/06/2013

Carissa · Married on 05/04/2013

TCT was amazing!!! We worked with Kelley and she was great! She was very attentive and always responded to questions promptly. We can't say enough about all of the attention to detail from Kelley and Agustin! The day of our wedding, everything was flawless! The food was out of this world (we received countless compliments from wedding guests) and we included a "special touch" of a pisco sour after dinner and this was great! It was a pleasure working with TCT!

Sent on 06/10/2013

We had The Chef's Table cater our daughter's wedding last month. We got rave reviews from everyone - we were all so impressed by the professionalism and attention to detail of the whole team. Kelley is a dream to work with - very organized, efficient, enthusiastic and responsive to any and all concerns. I highly recommend them for any event in which you might require catering services.

Sent on 05/01/2013

The Chef's Table was a pleasure to work with. My DJ Marc Wilner from Washington Talent Agency recommended them as a caterer. He gave them so much praise for how they handled a wedding last year that came after the "Derecho" which left the venue out of power. After the recommendation we scheduled a tasting and worked with them for a proposal. We loved their food and my groom and I clicked with their event people. We ended up making some changes to our menu and they let us have another tasting. It was even better than the first time! We had so many compliments on our food, we did a crab cake and steak combo. People told us things like "best wedding food ever" and "best steak ever." I am not sure if I have ever even said that about a wedding I have been to! TCT served amazing food, appetizers, and a welcome drink, and they were an integral party of helping make the wedding day flow smoothly. Kelley was able to refer me to a a day-of coordinator, A Sweet Soiree events, and I was able to book them. I really felt like we had a "team" of amazing vendors, especially TCT. I also think, compared to other caterers in the area, they are very reasonable and transparent about their pricing. Thank you for helping make my dream wedding come true!

Sent on 05/14/2013

ann · Married on 12/21/2012

I cannot say enough good things about The Chef's Table, and especially Kelley Finnegan. from the first contact, Kelley was responsive and truly interested in giving us what we wanted. They were easy to work with and adjusted food to our tastings and desires without even a blink of an eye. One of the greatest things about working with The Chef's Table though, was "the one less thing to worry about" factor. I knew we were in good hands and we were...from the logistics of table/station placements relocations...down to every last tasty bite of food. I wouldn't change a thing. It was perfect.

Sent on 01/31/2013

Lindsay · Married on 12/01/2012

The Chef's Table, all their staff and Kelley in particular were amazing. I didn't have to worry about a thing on the day because Kelley had it all under control. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 12/05/2012

Becky · Married on 09/15/2012

Our experience with the Chef's Table was absolutely fantastic. Glennis was in charge of our big day and was wonderful. After dealing with one caterer that seemed to be playing price games with us, Chef's Table was very upfront and honest in their pricing and willing to be flexible with our menu options. The head chef and Glennis were BOTH at our rehearsal dinner and were very attentive to us the entire time. We loved almost all of the food we chose at the tasting but one of the dishes didn't quite "wow" us. They were quick to work with us to switch the dish out and didn't charge us any extra for the change. We made a couple of changes to the appetizers to suit our taste better and they made all of the swaps for free. They were so flexible in making sure everything tasted exactly the way we wanted it to.

They were also very helpful and flexible in helping us to pick out our linens. Glennis kept in touch with me to make sure we got the linens we wanted reserved in time and provided pictures and advice on picking the right colors. The end result was fabulous!!

The day of our wedding absolutely met all of our expectations. They put a bottle of our champagne and some appetizers aside for us so that we could have them between the ceremony and pictures while we took a quick break. They waited until we were done visiting the tables at our reception to serve us our food so that it would be warm and were super attentive all night, making sure we always had a drink in our hand. All of the food on the wedding day came out perfectly and all of our guests were very pleased with the food! The only thing that we were disappointed by in the evening was that they cut the cake into such tiny slices and we had TONS of cake leftover.

Overall, we are so happy that we chose Chef's Table as our caterer and would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 12/15/2012
  • maaronw

Matthew · Married on 08/04/2012

Our wedding planner recommended The Chef's Table to us to cater our August wedding. The menu was to die for and the many of our guests commented on how delicious the food was. We were very happy The Chef's Table could be a part of our wedding and add so much flavor to the event. The staff was incredibly helpful and made the planning a breeze. We highly recommend them to anyone looking for a perfect caterer.

Sent on 01/22/2013

Alyssa · Married on 07/07/2012

We were thrilled with the catering services we received from The Chef's Table for our wedding reception. Our guests raved about the food, service and professionalism of the staff. Even when we initially stepped into the dining area at our reception that day, we couldn't believe how beautiful everything looked.

We enjoyed working closely with Glennis during all aspects of the process. She was full of helpful recommendations throughout the planning process and went out of her way to answer our questions and was always extraordinarily responsive. She was pro-active and kept us on track to ensure appropriate coordination occurred with all of our vendors.

We would without question recommend TCT's catering services to our friends and family. They are absolute professionals and also a lot of fun to work with.

Sent on 08/05/2012

Betsy · Married on 06/23/2012

Glennis and her team at Chef's Table Catering provided us with such a lovely experience at our June wedding at the Oatlands!! In every aspect Chef's Table deserves a 5 our of 5. Food was delicious, coordination was seemless, they did not miss a beat and were 3 steps ahead the whole evening. The value is upmatched and Glennis and her staff are very kind and responsive with any questions or planning throughout the process!!
    Betsy & Ray Patterson Wedding 6/23/2012

Sent on 07/09/2012

Annie · Married on 06/09/2012

We used The Chef's Table Caterers for our June wedding. Glennis was our primary contact in the planning process and she was amazing! She made us feel comfortable right away, was attentive to detail and extremely responsive throughout the process and in the days leading up to our event. Augustin, the owner, was on site the day of the wedding and he was wonderful to work with as well. The food and service at our event were great and everything went very smoothly. We would highly recommend TCT to others.

Sent on 07/14/2012

Beth · Married on 05/26/2012

First thought: so professional! The food was fantastic, but that’s just the beginning. Chef’s Table was with us every step of the way throughout the planning process. The timing throughout our reception could not have been better --- The Chef’s Table staff handled every second with complete flexibility and extreme attention to detail. The personalized service from Chef’s Table management made us feel as if our wedding was the most important event in DC.

Sent on 06/03/2012

evie · Married on 03/31/2012

WOW! Glennis and The Chef's Table made it happen! Glennis made the wedding reception SMOOTH, elegant, fun, and delicious. From the start, she was most accommodating, filled with great ideas, told us what would and would not work best at our venue and for our 'count', and kept us enjoying the entire wedding planning process. She offered personalized service so we felt no need to have a wedding planner. I realized early on that everything was in goods hands so our family just enjoyed the celebration. Her staff were attentive and made the evening flow without a hitch. We LOVED the food at the initial tasting - and received many compliments from our wedding guests. Many THANKS, Augustin and Glennis - and your entire staff. A few days before the wedding, I brought the alcohol, wedding album, candles, table numbers, cake knife, etc to Glennis. I didn't have to worry about a thing. Glennis had provided a floor plan and setup everything as we discussed. After the celebration, Glennis had these items, all drink and food leftovers - plus box dinners for the Bride and Groom - packaged and ready for a friend to bring to our home. TCT provided great vision, experience, food, service - all with a most competitive price, cheerfulness, professionalism, and friendship. Truly a FIND. Use TCT - you (and your guests) will be pleased.

Sent on 04/12/2012

Michelle · Married on 03/24/2012

Glennis and the rest of The Chef's Table were fantastic! We had lots of compliments on the quality of the food at our wedding, and the sangria was a big hit, even with those who typically do not drink. TCT were very responsive, professional, on time and I knew that I did not have to worry about the catering service on my big dig! Thanks TCT!

Sent on 04/17/2012

Jill · Married on 01/07/2012

We couldn't have been more pleased with The Chefs Table on all levels. I wouldn't hesitate one second in recommending you.

Sent on 02/03/2012

Nora · Married on 11/11/2011

The Chef's Table did an outstanding job catering our wedding. The food was amazing and the service was exceptional! We worked with Glennis and found her to be kind, competent and professional. She was a pleasure to work with and made us feel like we were her only customers and that we were in good hands. We would highly recommend Chef's Table and we're pleased that they helped to make our wedding such a special event.

With gratitude,

Matt and Nora Johnston

Sent on 11/16/2011

Lauren · Married on 10/08/2011

This is one review I could not wait to write because I was so blown away by the level of service we received from Chef's Table.

Glennis was our point of contact for everything. A huge benefit of working with Chef's Table is that the person you meet in the beginning is the person that will be there the actual day of. Glennis must never sleep because she always responded to emails/phone calls very quickly and always had helpful information or advice. She knew that budget was a major concern for us and she helped us make economical choices without sacrificing quality. We were able to rely on her for things that went above and beyond a catering role - she set up our centerpieces for us, helped coordinate with other vendors, and at the end of the night she and her staff packed up EVERYTHING for us (decorations, extra alcohol, our guestbook, everything) so we never missed a minute of celebrating. She had done her homework to make sure she knew exactly how we wanted things so on the actual day she handled it all and we never had to worry. I can't say enough about how much we appreciated Glennis - I know she was largely responsible for our wedding being a success and she did it with a smile on her face.

Augustin (the head chef) is wonderful. He knew we wanted a unique menu so he helped us create a high-end tex mex meal - carne asada, potatoes with queso blanco, rice, chips and guacamole, etc. We were so excited because the food we ate on our wedding day tasted EXACTLY like the trial meal we had when we first met Chef's Table. I have no idea how they were able to mass produce such delicious food but everything was phenomenal. People are still telling us how good the meal was! I'm still thinking about that steak and guacamole! It means so much to me that they prepared us such a unique and delicious meal.

Finally, the service was very very good. The waiters were discreet and efficient - water glasses were never empty and dirty dishes were never left out. Every time the bartender saw me coming he'd have my drink of choice poured and ready to go before I could even ask. And again, the extra help the staff offered - packing up our things, coordinating with the other vendors - really put them over the top as far as value.

Go with Chef's Table. Glennis will keep your entire life running smoothly and the food will be outstanding.

Sent on 10/16/2011

Kelley · Married on 10/01/2011

There aren't enough words to say how much we appreciate Agustin & his staff! October 1 was the rainiest, coldest, wedding ever and Agustin provided fantastic food, responsive service and attention to every detail. He was personable with our guests and met our every need. Any bride who hires The Chef's Table will be totally happy.

Sent on 10/07/2011

Kristi · Married on 06/25/2011

From the time we had the tasting with the Chef's Table I kenw they were a great company. They were just moving into their showroom and couldn't hold tastings there yet so we went to Augustin invited us to his house to hold the tasting. At the reception Glennis and her staff pretty much saved the day. I hired a wedding planner who was terrible. Glennis let me leave all of the items for the reception at the showroom and they took them to the reception for me, this included items for the guest book table, photo booth table, memorial table, and all the alcohol for the event. This was a huge weight off my shoulders that I didn't have to worry about getting it to the event. At the reception my wedding planner didn't get there until late so Glennis and her staff actually set up the tables as well. The food was amazing and we got a bunch of compliments on that. We provided the alcohol (my parents could get it cheaper on base) but they provided all the mixers and there was never any complaints about the bar. Glennis worked with the DJ in a coordinator sort of role to make sure the evening ran smoothly and because of her the night was perfect. I definitely recommend people use them for their weddings!

Sent on 07/07/2011

Ana Teresa · Married on 06/11/2011

We had a great wedding, everyone loved the food and drink. Professionals all the way even on a 99 degree day with and outdoor bar! We will be using them in the future.

Sent on 07/28/2011

Laura · Married on 04/24/2010

Choosing the Chef’s Table to cater our wedding event was one of the best decisions we made regarding our wedding. The food at Chef's Table is delicious, and Agustin and Glennis are wonderful and responded to all our needs as well as providing great suggestions to help make our day just right. We had a small intimate wedding but that did not matter to them. The level of service was outstanding. And, on the day of our wedding, Agustin and his staff provided more than just catering. They helped with all aspects of the event, from helping decide on the arrangement of the ceremony chairs to ensuring people lined up and walked down the aisle at the right time to providing great food. Throughout the event, he made sure everything was the way we wanted it to be The Chef’s Table demonstrated the highest quality and professionalism and we could not have been more pleased. We highly recommend Chef's Table for a wedding or any social event. We will definitely use them again when we have need.

Sent on 05/28/2010