Chef's Table Caterers & Event Planners Reviews

100 | Herndon, VA

100 Reviews for Chef's Table Caterers & Event Planners

Jack · Married on 09/05/2014

What you want in a caterer is good food, attention to detail, flawless execution, and for you and your guests to feel like they are Royalty. We give Augustin and his wife, owners of Chef’s Table, 5 star ratings on all accounts. Augustin and his wife put a great deal of effort into helping us plan our wedding and we are very appreciative of their creativeness, patience, and willingness to work with a very stressed out Bride and Groom to be. Our Friday evening wedding at Top-of-the-Town with 100 guests was flawless and beautiful. In addition to the stunning venue view everyone noticed and complimented the table setup designed by Augustin and the Bride. The best compliment I can make is that we (Bride and Groom) were very relaxed on the big day and we can thank Augustin for that. By the way … the food was as good as any meal I have ever had at place like Morton’s or Ruth Chris. The evening was like dining at a 5 star restaurant. Thanks Augustin.

Sent on 12/06/2014

Julie · Married on 08/02/2014

Chef's Table just catered my 30th Anniversary Party that was held in my home. I can't say enough good things about working with Maria and her team. They worked with me to create a menu that was what I wanted, provided guidance on items I needed to supply, and tips on how to decorate. On the day of the event, they arrived early to set up my home, tweaked my decor, and seamlessly set up for a wonderful evening. The food was not only displayed beautifully but also was delicious. During the event, the servers were effortlessly refilling the food, pouring wine, and cleaned up so that my husband and I could enjoy the evening. Maria could "read" the guests and suggested when I should serve food and cut the cake. I followed her suggestions and the night was a huge success! I highly recommend The Chef's Table and will use them for future catering needs.

Sent on 07/02/2017

Samantha · Married on 06/28/2014

The Chef's Table is so wonderful! We initially signed on with Kelley, who was wonderful in our many menu changes and questions. She was extremely prompt with emails, and always made sure all of our questions were answered. Kelley left to pursue other options, when Agustin took over for us. Never once did our service change. He was extremely prompt with emails, and always followed up with phone calls if he had questions. He's very flexible with meetings, menu changes and everything!
    He was very helpful and took a lot of stress away from the day of the wedding stress. He took many of our items out on his truck, and set up our items we had brought. During the day, he made sure my husband and I had drinks and food during cocktail hour, and made sure we ate during dinner and brought us drinks. We so appreciated it because the day went by so quickly!
    The food is absolutely delicious! Our guests commented on great the food was, it is definitely not "wedding chicken" in anyway! Even my husband, who is a very picky eater, went back for seconds.
    Our guests commented on how professional and polite The Chef's Table staff was. They were so nice, prompt and had a genuine smile on their faces. We couldn't have asked for a better caterer on our day!

Sent on 07/16/2014

Jenna · Married on 05/17/2014

The Chef’s Table was recommended to me by my venue and I am happy I went with them. Kelley was our planner. She was great with responding to my emails. I had a vision of what I wanted my reception to look like and she helped implement it. Agustin is accommodating. After I found out the marinara sauce has nuts in it, he was quick to change the sauces around. There were so many options to choose from to make my menu for the day. They will even work with you if you come up with an idea that is not on their suggested menu. Our dinner service went smoothly and everyone loved the food. My reception room looked just as Kelley and I designed. The Chef’s Table was in charge of a big portion of my wedding and they did a good job.

Sent on 06/19/2014

Gigi · Married on 03/15/2014

These guys are the best! Definitely the best tasting food that you would be proud to serve to your friends and family. The service level was beyond anything I could have hoped for. This is a top notch company all the way through every detail. My friends are still asking where they can get more of the ceviche we served as appetizers! My family raved about the quality of service they received and we couldn't be any happier with The Chef's Table. Many last minute changes didn't throw this group off at all. They are experienced professionals through and through.

Sent on 04/26/2014

Mindy · event on: 11/09/2013

Nicole Whealen did a fabulous job catering and helping us to plan my husband's 50th birthday party in November 2013, which we held at my sister's house in Vienna, VA. The food was delicious, my sister's house was transformed by the decorations and arrangements made by TCT Caterers and Event Planners. Nicole was particularly flexible with some of our changing desires - always happy to make adjustments to the menu, coordinate meetings with me or my sister (depending on our availability / schedule), and even added a few menu items for us at our request (we were doing a 1960s James Bond theme - so asked for cheese straws, a jello mold, etc). Our guests had a fabulous time! I highly recommend TCT Caterers for your next event - you won't be disapppointed.

Sent on 11/28/2013
  • Y

Yanely · Married on 11/03/2013

I had the pleasure of working with Nicole at the The Chef's Table and had a wonderful experience. We wanted our wedding to be unique and a bit of the ordinary and the TCT was flexible and so helpful in helping us achieve exactly what we wanted. We highly recommend them and hope to work with them again some time in the future.

Sent on 12/02/2013

Amy · Married on 10/20/2013

I CAN NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY ENOUGH!! I was referred to The Chef's Table by friends of ours who had used them for multiple events and had only wonderful things to say about them. From the very first contact I made with the company I knew we had found our perfect caterer. I was never left hanging with any questions I had or made to feel inadequate for not knowing things. Agustin was so accomodating at our tasting and made any and all changes we requested. He even had some great suggestions that we and our guests ended up loving at the wedding! Kelley is hands down the most amazing person ever to do her job. She put up with endless ridiculous emails from me and never once made it seem like I was a burden. She went above and beyond for our wedding (keeping my silly milk cartons in her refridgerator at home) and helping my wedding planner in any and every way she could. The Chef's Table was worth every penny and are wonderful people to work with so don't look any further, you have found your caterer :)

Sent on 11/22/2013

Kelley was such a doll to work with - she made it so easy! She was quick to respond to email - and made sure we were happy with everything. Augustin was also wonderful - we couldn't have picked a better team! The food was wonderful - the groom and myself actually made sure to eat it on our wedding day! We highly recommend The Chef's Table!

Sent on 10/17/2013

Caroline · Married on 09/28/2013

Kelley and The Chef's Table were wonderful to work with from the beginning. Kelley was always quick to respond to my emails, flexible to accommodate changes throughout the process, and a pleasure to work with overall! We knew we were in good hands and everything would be perfect on the day of. Nicole was at our venue on the day of the wedding and was on top of everything - you would have never known she hadn't worked with us earlier in the process! She made sure everything ran smoothly. I would recommend The Chef's Table, Kelley, and Nicole to any bride looking for a caterer!

Sent on 10/21/2013

Bonnie · Married on 09/21/2013

excellent recommendation and delicious food. Wonderful help, planning and very well provided for during our event. Highly recommended.

Sent on 10/03/2013

Deanna · Married on 09/21/2013

The Chef's Table from the moment you contact them is very hospitable. They do everything in their power to make your day what you want and even try to add personal touches. Kelley was amazing to work with. She was always on top of it and checking in to make sure I was good. Day of, Kelley was not able to make it, but Nicole took over and was perfect. She was willing to help out with anything to make sure everything was perfect. I would recommend The Chef's Table to any bride!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Pam and Blair · Married on 09/08/2013

Chef's table was wonderful. Nicole Whealen ran the show and was thoroughly organized from start to finish. Everything was superbly presented and the event came off beautifully. If you want and expect great value, Chef's table needs to be the caterer for your event. Make sure you ask for Nicole ---- She is top notch!!!!!

Pam and Blair Stiner

Sent on 09/11/2013

Kari · Married on 09/07/2013

Kelley was great to work with. We had a bi-cultural wedding with multiple vendors and Kelley and her TCT staff were incredibly accommodating and managed all of the logistics perfectly. They are always responsive, top on price and quality of service and food, and we are so appreciative for how hard they worked to make our day so special. We couldn't have asked for anything more and I would definitely recommend TCT to anyone who was planning an event or wedding in the future.

Sent on 09/30/2013

Kate · Married on 08/31/2013

TCT caterers are easy to work with and provide great food at a reasonable price. Our event manager Kelley truley made the experience and our wedding amazing and stress-free. Feedback from our guests agree that the services provided by TCT were top notch.

Sent on 09/23/2013

We were concerned about planning a Virginia wedding long distance from Connecticut. But not to worry!! Nicole and the staff at The Chef's Table were very professional and a dream to work with. We were able to relax and let the experts at TCT take our input and provide us with a "dream" wedding (as the newlyweds call it). Nicole was accessible during the planning and was present at the event-- coordinating with her warmth, grace and style....oh, and the food was delicious!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Rose · Married on 08/16/2013

We used Chef's Table for our reception at Top of the Town in Arlington, VA. Nicole, our event planner did not miss a beat in providing high quality, efficient and friendly service. We felt like we were in good hands with Nicole and her crew and had no worries at all. The food was excellent, the linen and arrangements beautiful and they just made the overall experience for our guests absolutely wonderful. We received so many compliments and we credited it all to Chef's Table.

Sent on 09/11/2013

Monica · Married on 07/06/2013

Everyone at Chef's Table was a pleasure to work with. They created an inspired menu that really embraced our wedding theme - brunch for dinner! The food was delicious and the service was exceptional. The first words out of almost every guest's mouth have been, "Your food was amazing and unique! Who was your caterer?" I highly recommend working with Kelley (or anyone from TCT) for your wedding. It was worth every penny!

Sent on 08/02/2013

Shamika · Married on 07/06/2013

Working with The Chef's Table Caterers & Event Planners was a complete pleasure. From scheduling the tasting to the conclusion of the wedding was a complete joy. Often a tasting is limited to just a few menu items, not with The Chef's Table we were able to experience the entire menu from start to end. During the planning process, I wanted to add a surprise gelato spread for my husband and Nicole was so flexible and accommodating with adding and removing the gelato so that he did not see it listed. Nicole was always very prompt with replying to my emails and calls. She was huge resource in the planning process and working with the venue. From the layout of the tables and the buffet she was there to lend a helping hand. It was a huge help that we were able to purchase our own liquor and bring the items to Nicole prior to the wedding. With all everything leading up to the wedding, as a bride it was so great knowing that I could just drop off some items and have delivered to the venue the day of. In regards to the food, everyone LOVED the food! My family is still talking about the sliders, ham, and mash potato bar. It was great to be able to bring in our own bakery items, and a few other items that Nicole gladly setup for us. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Sent on 08/12/2013

Most engaged couples begin planning their wedding at least six months or more in advance. At least! We set the date and planned our wedding in 5 weeks! It would not have been possible without the incredible staff at The Chef's Table. No one attending our wedding of 180 people would ever have known it was planned and executed in such a short amount of time. TCT made the event worry-free, paying attention to every detail, and accommodated the short notice we gave them to work with! The food was amazing. AMAZING! The tables were beautiful. The Chef's Table provides absolutely delicious food, a highly professional staff, and all around high quality service for a price that is so reasonable. The staff was so organized and professional, the attention to detail so meticulous, the wedding appeared to have been planned a year in advance.

Sent on 07/26/2013

Stefanie · Married on 06/28/2013

I LOVED working with Kelly of TCT. She was phenomenal. I was so stressed out from planning my entire wedding alone and working with Kelley I was able to relax because I was in good hands. She was such a help all throughout the planning process up to the wedding day when she served plates to my husband and I at our buffet-style reception. Everything exceeded my expectations and she was such delightful, professional, thorough person to work with. Kelley took care of all the little details I wouldn't even had thought of and she was just such a sweetheart. She even folded my napkins in a specific flower design that I was dying to have which must have taken hours! And did I mention the food was delicious?! My guests kept telling my how good it was! You are not alone when you have Kelley helping with catering which is such a huge part of the wedding. Vendors can really make or break your wedding planning experience and choosing Kelly and TCT was a choice I am so glad I made.

Sent on 09/27/2013

Nancy · Married on 06/08/2013

We had only six months to prepare for our daughter's wedding, and as mother of the bride, I was overwhelmed before the planning began. Having said that, we could not have been more pleased with the quality of food and service that The Chef's Table presented. Nicole Whealen, our event planner, went above and beyond with accommodating our request and made sure that every detail was covered and this was not an easy task. Before a scheduled tasting we gave her a lengthy list of foods that we wanted at the reception and she and their kitchen pulled it off brilliantly! The tasting was beyond our expectations and the presentation was incredible. The reception was a huge success and everyone raved about the quality of the food and service. Not only will we consider Nicole and The Chef's Table staff for future events but would highly recommend them to anyone wanting to make an event special with no concern about outcome.

Sent on 08/18/2013

Alan · Married on 06/07/2013

The responsiveness of Chef's Table blew me away! Their event manager Nichole Whealen is incredible - quick to understand, rapid response, VERY flexible and an amazing asset to Chef's Table. The owner/Chef is very approachable and understands client needs, totally flexible and worked with us to make a great event. The staff who came for the event were friendly, efficient and totally professional. They all did a great job and worked as a well oiled team.

Their buffet meal service was generous and we had a lot of food left over, even though we had 100% headcount turning up - so they do not compromise on quantities. We did a pre-wedding welcome dinner of over 80 persons and every one enjoyed the meal and service. I have no doubt that they will do a great job so without hesitation I will do our next wedding with them.

Sent on 06/25/2013

Haley · Married on 06/01/2013

The Chef's Table is wonderful! Right from the tasting, I could tell they truly care about your day and want to do everything to make sure it is run exactly the way you want it. Nicole especially made sure to get all of the details that I wanted, and the day of she was fantastic. She did so much of the behind the scenes work, so I didn't have to and I could enjoy my day (like cordinating with the flowers, the cake, and even the DJ to make sure the right songs were played at the right time). They do fabulous work.

Sent on 06/24/2013

There is not enough space to write my review for Kelley Finnegan and The Chef's Table team. They were absolutely amazing, literally knock your socks off amazing! From day one we were treated with the upmost respect and we could tell the team really cared about creating the perfect day for us. Kelley responded to emails promptly and allowed us to be very flexible with our menu, we changed it a handful of times and it was a never an issue. We were having a hard time deciding between two of the meat selections and she invited us in for a second tasting to help us reach our decision. The food was delicious and the staff was extremely professional and well trained. Kelley was so calm the day of and made sure everything ran smoothly and as planned. I love TCT and HIGHLY recommend them to anyone getting married or needing a caterer for an event.

Sent on 07/11/2013