Chef's Expressions Reviews

Chef's Expressions 6
Chef's Expressions 7
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 07/02/2012

Chefs expression went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect! The service was wonderful, food was delicious and the people we worked with were all terrific! We highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/09/2012

Harold · Married on 06/30/2012

My experience with Chef's Expression was outstanding in all regards! Paul Kountz was a joy to work with from the day we first met to the end of the actual reception. His staff were all friendly, very attentive and extremely professional.

Our day was very difficult because power was out all over the area including the church where the wedding took place. We arrived at the George Peabody Library wilted from the heat and pressure of a "unique" wedding and were amazed at the venue which was 100% organized and prepared by Paul, his staff and the wonderful staff at the Peabody.

The food was delicious and presented in the most special manner. His bar staff was excellent and he just made my daughters wedding a dream come true.

There is no higher recommendation that I can or could ever give Chef's Expression. They are simply the best company I have ever had the god fortune to deal with and that includes over 40 years of putting on 100's of events during my professional life.

Thank you Paul and thank you Chef's Expression.

HJ Hilliard

Sent on 07/02/2012
  • User2519517 · 2+ years ago

Melanie B.helped us plan a wonderful menu and coordinated the whole event.She was attentive to our needs and worked with us to achieve the kind of event we had in mind. The food was terrific both for the taste and the presentation. The service at the wedding was flawless. As the mother of the bride I highly recommend Chef's Expressions.

Sent on 07/03/2012

My husband and i worked with Bonnie and her crew for our wedding this past June. She was great and the food was excellent. Bonnie was very helpful as we worked to plan a cocktail hour and dinner reception in our budget and Chef's also provided a beautiful wedding cake.

Our wedding occurred the day after a huge storm knocked out all of the power to our venue, but the catering went off without a snag. I would definitely recommend Chef's Expressions!

Sent on 09/05/2012

Amanda · Married on 06/30/2012

Chef's Expressions catered my wedding and they were great. When searching for and meeting with caterers, Chef's Expressions definitely stood out above the rest. My husband, mom, and I worked with Melanie throughout the planning process and she was super helpful and great to work with. Chef's Expressions was different from the other caterers in that before our tasting, we met with Melanie and the chef to talk about what were looking for and plan out a personalized menu. When we went back for the tasting, we were really impressed with the taste and presentation of the food. On the day of the wedding, the food was just as great as we remembered, and the presentation was beautiful and unique. All of the staff who were on site the day of the wedding were excellent. Melanie was also great in helping with all the little details, changes, etc. All of our guests commented on how good the food (and the cake) were at the wedding. I highly recommend Chef's Expressions!

Sent on 10/24/2012

Megan · Married on 06/23/2012

My husband and I LOVED working with Bonnie and the team at Chef's Expressions for our wedding! We got married in Baltimore, but both of our families travelled in from out-of-town. To my parents, the quality of food at our wedding was definitely the most important aspect. Our wedding planner referred us to Chef's Expressions, since they are known for their delicious food and quality service! From the initial tasting to the dinner at our wedding, we loved to food and service we received. It was clear that Chef's Expressions was very experienced with our venue, and the whole meal and service was flawless.

Sent on 12/12/2012

Blaire · Married on 06/16/2012

I worked with Bonny and Jennifer. The entire catering experience from start to finish was exceptional. I loved that my fiance and I were able to design our entire menu based on our likes and dislikes rather than picking from a pre-set list of options. We are foodies and really wanted our guests to experience the flavors and presentation we would expect. We could not have been happier with the professional, experience, quality, and service from their staff. Chef's also supplied our cake which was absolutely delicious. We received so many compliments from our guests about how exceptional the food and cake were and how they couldn't believe that with the size of the wedding (170 guests) the food would be so consistent, thoughtful, and detailed. Chef's really is in a class of their own and sets the bar high. If you are looking for an experience that goes beyond the ordinary expected wedding food, then I would consider Chef's Expressions.

Sent on 06/18/2012

Jehangir · Married on 06/16/2012

Bonny understands event management perfectly and everyone that works with her is extremely professional. Jerry and his team of chefs do an incredible job with the food.

Sent on 11/07/2012

Karen · Married on 06/02/2012

Bonnie Opper, in particular, and Chef's Expressions as a whole, exceeded our expectations. Bonnie made planning our daughter's wedding reception effortfortless. She assisted us in making tasteful selections and executed the event without a missed step. Chef's Expressions chefs and staff provided delious food and service. When your guests go out of their way to compliment you on how delicious the food is... you know you hired the best! I have recommended Bonnie and Chef's Expressions to my friends and family. If you want the an event to remember I suggest you consider Chef's Expressions!

Sent on 11/08/2012

Betty · Married on 05/19/2012

My daughter did a thorough search to find a wedding caterer and decided to choose Chef's Expressions in Timonium, MD. Our experience from the first meeting with Bonny Opper to the farewells at the end of the wedding gets an A+ rating. My daughter worked with Bonny and her staff for the preparations, but I witnessed their work at the wedding. Everything was high quality...the food, the cake, the set up, the tear down, the interaction with wedding guests. I would recommend Chef's Expressions highly.

Sent on 05/24/2012

Julia · Married on 05/12/2012

Chef's Expressions is great! The food was outstanding and the service was excellent. Melanie is a joy to work with. The servers informed my husband and I when they would be serving the next course so we could eat. I always heard the bridge & groom don't have time to eat, but we did.

Sent on 05/31/2012

Julia · Married on 05/05/2012

I worked primarily with Paul Kountz at Chef's Expressions for my wedding. He was extremely courteous and professional throughout the planning. Chef's Expressions was the ONLY vendor who listened to what I wanted from the get go, and sent me a proposal that accurately portrayed what I was interested in. I gave five different vendors the same requests/budget/food restrictions, and the other four sent me what was clearly a careless generic menu riddled with things I had said I did not want. Paul's menu was beautifully written, very descriptive, and PROMPT. I knew we were going to work with him right away. My wedding planner, Leslie Weekes of Leslie-Manning Events, also highly recommended CE, so we knew our guests were in for a treat. CE really worked within our budget and provided us exquisite food on the wedding day. Our guests are still emailing me for a recipe for the asparagus and leek soup the chef prepared to honour my French side of the family (Paul, if you're reading this, hook me up!) We could not have asked for better food, but the icing on the proverbial cake was how fantastic the CE staff was. The servers were quick, darting in and out almost unseen. I say almost because so many guests noted how friendly and happy they looked while they were working. It really sets the mood when the waitstaff is also having a good time at the wedding. The bartenders were full of jokes and quick comebacks and remembered people's preferences throughout the evening. My wedding was a bit complicated in that my parents live overseas, so they were only here in the two weeks leading up to the ceremony. During the final walk through with the caterer, Paul really took his time to repeat things directly to them that I'm sure he would have rather skimmed over since the wedding planner and myself already knew everything. I cannot tell you how much I appreciated the way he made my parents feel like they were valued and integral members of the planning experience. He asked them questions and made sure to alter some plans to accommodate my mother's last minute wishes (Pssst, Paul, bet you've never had a 20 minute convo on how to fold napkins before, eh?). He was fantastic and always dressed to the nines when we met with him. I will always be grateful for how well that walk through went and how happy my parents were afterwards. Chef's Expressions is a vendor I will recommend to EVERYONE planning a wedding in DC. EVERYONE.

Sent on 05/08/2012

Kate · Married on 03/31/2012

My husband and I had our reception at the George Peabody Library. The first time we saw the Library, Chef's Expressions was setting up for a wedding, and we met Paul Kountz for the first time. After seeing Paul and his staff in action, there was no question that he was the caterer for us. His efficiency and professionalism was apparent to us right away. After booking the Library and Chef's Expressions, Paul could not have been more accomodating to my indecisiveness, and our two sets of out of state parents. It didn't matter what question I had, what time I emailed him, or even what time I called him. He was always there to answer my questions and reassure me that all would be fine. He was definitely our sanity throughout the planning process.

Despite the fact that we were always in contact, Paul and Chef's Expressions needed very little direction. Their expertise in every aspect of our reception was comforting and astounding. When I walked into the reception, it took my breath away. I consider myself a perfectionist and a control freak, and Paul and his team put me to shame. It was perfect in every way.

In terms of food and drink, I could not say enough good things. My guests arrived much earlier than planned and Paul and his team had the bars set up in record time, and began serving drinks 30 minutes earlier than the start of the cocktail hour. This is just one example of how they went above and beyond. The food was beautiful and delicious, and we received so many compliments from our guests. The cake, done by Chef's Expressions, was exactly like the photo I chose, and could not have been more tasty! Paul assigned Stacey as our personal attendant for the evening, and she was a life saver. Drinks and appetizers appeared out of nowhere, and any time I needed someone or something, she was right there. It was almost as if she was reading my mind!

As you can see, Chef's Expressions, Paul, Stacey, and the rest of his team made our wedding the most memorable night of our lives. So many of our guests claim that it was the most beautiful, most fun wedding they have ever attended and we owe it all to Chef's Expressions! I will use Chef's for all of my events.

Sent on 05/07/2012

Nina · Married on 03/31/2012

We loved working with Chef's Expressions. Bonny, Christine and Jennifer and everyone else we met on staff were wonderful. My husband and I love to eat and cook and we wanted the best caterer available at the 1840s Ballroom for our wedding. The food was one of the most important parts of the evening to us!

Our first visit to Chef's Expressions included a sit down with the Chef and he got us so excited as he made suggestions about our food for the evening. We worked with Bonny and Christine to fine-tune the menu for the cocktail hour and the dinner and then had our tasting. It was amazing! It confirmed we had made the right choice for our wedding. We had a private tasting, including my parents.

The day of the wedding went so smoothly. We started with the cocktail hour, which I didn't go to. Bonny and Jennifer were great about making sure I had some of the h'orderves while I waited. Once the ceremony was over we had a sit down dinner. There was a duo starter, a fish course, followed by a meat entree. It sounds like a lot of food, but Chef's Expressions perfectly sized each course so you can still get out on the dance floor after eating three courses!

The wait staff and bartenders were also great and very friendly. They did a beautiful job setting up the tables and spacing them so no one felt crowded and there was still enough room for people to mingle throughout the night.

Sent on 08/29/2012

Rachel · Married on 03/04/2012

Bonny, Christine, Paul and the entire Chef's team were fabulous to work with. Chef's put 110 ten percent into making sure our wedding was perfect. They were flexible with last minute tweaks to food/drink/dessert/timeline plans. They are willing to work with you whether its on menu, timing, place settings. They worked closely and effectively with the other vendors to make the cocktail hour and reception ran smoothly. They were exceptionally responsive in communicating with us throughout the process. Thank you Chefs!

We would highly recommend you use chef's for your next party or special event.

Sent on 03/21/2012
  • W

Ellen · Married on 03/03/2012

Chef's Expressions provided excellent service and food for our daughter's wedding at the George Peabody Library on 03/03/12. It was a pleasure to work with Bonny throughout the process---she was patient, understanding, and extremely responsive to our many emails and phone calls. She and her assistant, Christine, were very detailed and organized. The company responded very professionally to each of our concerns, and we had also a chance to work with Paul. He, too, was very helpful, experienced, and professional. Chef John was delightful, and the food was wonderful! We worked closely with Bonny and John to design a menu with which our daughter and son-in-law were very pleased. Bonny also had excellent suggestions for our linens, timeline and organization of the whole evening! The wait staff and bartenders provided great service. We consider Chef's to be a wonderful vendor.

Sent on 05/05/2012

Joshua · Married on 02/25/2012

Hands down the BEST caterer in Baltimore! We could not have been more pleased with our experience. We worked with Bonny who was amazing. She is very organized, friendly and a huge help the day of the wedding. From the minute we booked them, we knew we were in good hands with Bonny and the whole team at Chef's Expression. The food is so delicious. I've found at other weddings that the food sometimes is an afterthought, but not with Chef's. The food is fresh, innovative and beautifully served. The cake is not only the best priced cake in town, but quite honestly the best cake I have ever had! The Carrot Cake is to die for! We had so many of our friends and family tell us how much they loved the food. It's certainly not the cheapest caterer in town but it is completely worth it!

Sent on 04/14/2012

Lindsay · Married on 01/28/2012

There are not enough words to express how INCREDIBLE Chef's Expressions is as a catering vendor and partner.

Their service is truly top-notch. Not one mistake was made during the planning process or the day/night of the wedding; everything was impeccable. My sister and I both welled up with tears when first entering the reception - thanks to Chef's Expressions the setting was flawless.

It is important to note that, not only do they serve delicious, perfectly displayed food but they also serve as a partner and play a coordinator role throughout the planning process. They, specifically Paul Kountz in our case, help the bride and groom ensure that everything will flow correctly and go smoothly. They have several years of experience and are certainly the experts so their guidance is very valuable.

Not only did they make the event EASY and pleasurable for the bride and groom, they also make it a dream-like experience for the guests. The service could not be better, the food could not be better, and many compliments were given to us about such things on our wedding night and after.

If you're evaluating vendors, keep these key things in mind:
    - Advice and guidance regarding flow of event and decor
    - Great attention to detail and very responsive throughout entire process
    - Decades of experience in industry to help plan the night and execute properly
    - Exemplary service
    - Delicious food and unique presentation

Huge THANK YOU to Paul, his staff and the Chef at Chef's Expressions!

Sent on 01/30/2012

Jeanne · Married on 01/14/2012

Bonny, Christine and the whole team at Chef's Expressions were AMAZING! They were flexible and patient with us every step of the way - from figuring out our menu to putting up all our other decorations (table numbers, place cards, bar signs, etc.). John, their chef, is passionate about his food and it showed. We received rave reviews from our guests who we consider true foodies. The whole team of servers/bartenders were professional, quick and very personable. Bonny and Christine were responsive and patient - they thought of everything and served as day of coordinators for us - they coordinated with our other vendors to ensure smooth setup and takedown (flowers, dj's, venue, photographer). Chef's Expressions paid amazing attention to the details and the quality of food and service were phenomenal!

Sent on 01/17/2012

Kris · Married on 12/17/2011

I am 62, and have been to quite a few weddings, including over-the-top affairs in NYC. Chef's Expressions catered our wedding in Baltimore, and it was the most fabulous job I have ever seen. Our friends are still commenting on what an incredible job Chef John Walsh did with the food, from planning to execution to presentation. Bonny Opper took care of everything else and the event was seamless, without a single hitch, and we are still getting calls from our friends telling us what an amazing time they had.

While Chef's is not the least expensive caterer available, they are in my opinion by far the best value given the fantastic quality, great staff, and perfect execution. Very sincerely, the event could not have been managed better - it was perfect.

Sent on 12/21/2011

Caitrin · Married on 11/19/2011

We can't stop complimenting Melanie & the Chef's Expressions team...and neither can our guests. If you want excellent food brought to you by a staff of friendly professionals, look no further. We chose "plated stations" so that our guests wouldn't have to serve themselves but would have the choice of several different dishes at our reception. We worked with Chef John to create these stations and his suggestions blew away anything proposed by the competition. His ideas seemed endless and delicious with every description. Melanie handled every detail with ease and care--a rare combo. She always made us feel like what we wanted was not only possible but important to her. Our reception at the American Visionary Art Museum was perfect in every way thanks to Chef's Expressions.

Sent on 11/22/2011
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 11/19/2011

I was excited from my first meeting with Paul. The entire Chef's Expression team does a great job at assuring you that what they will provide will be fantastic, and it was!!!! I was so impressed by everything on my wedding day. The linens were beautiful. The food was terrific (and beautiful as well). But most of all, the service was spectacular! I couldn't imagine things being any more perfect than they were at Chef's Expressions. The people that work there are very very good at letting you know that they are there for you. They are awesome! I would use them again and would recommend them to any bride!

Sent on 11/26/2011

Shelly · Married on 11/19/2011

Our experience with Chef's Expressions was amazing. They took care of every aspect of the setup and catering of the entire day and I did not have to worry about a thing. Most of all, many MANY of our guests commented that this was the best and most creative wedding food they have ever tasted. I completely agree. Jerry and his team came up with an innovative and delicious three course menu that really reflected my husband and my taste, as well as appealed to a wide variety of palates. The wine choices were also excellent. Chef's Expressions was a pleasure to work with and had an answer to every question (even the annoying ones!) along the way. They were accessible, responsive, and their attention to detail was fantastic. I would also like to comment that Laurel, who coordinated much of the day for us was absolutely amazing to work with. We could not have asked for a better experience. You may find in your research that Chef's Expressions is more expensive than other vendors, but what you get for your dollar is worth EVERY penny. They were more than just caterers, they were basically wedding coordinators for us. I would recommend them in a heartbeat to anyone looking for an innovative, classy, and fun event. Two enthusiastic thumbs up.

Sent on 12/22/2011

Courtney · Married on 11/11/2011

It was such a pleasure to work with Bonny and Christine of Chef's Expressions. They were very friendly, helpful, professional, and always willing to give their opinions. They helped me realize everything I dreamed of for my reception and cocktail hour, decor-wise. And then they helped create the meal of my dreams! All of the food at my wedding was delicious. Every hors d'oeuvres was amazing, and they were nothing compared to the meal! All of the staff were great as well. They were very friendly towards all of the guests and always asking the Groom and I if we needed anything.

Also, we had our ceremony and reception in the same room, so it needed to be turned over during the cocktail hour. Chef's blew me away on how fast they were able to turn the room over and how amazing everything looked. Everything was exactly where they needed to be and it was beautiful! They even took the Groom and I into the space before everyone else and made sure we ate some of the hors d'oeuvres.

Sent on 11/22/2011

Erin · Married on 11/05/2011

Chef’s Expressions catered my wedding in November, and I highly recommend them. When we began planning the wedding, we met with several caterers and after tastings with three, we were torn between two. However, in the end, Chef’s Expressions made the decision an easy one. Not only was the food delicious, but the presentation and attention to detail was phenomenal. We worked closely with Event Design Consultant Bonny Opper and Executive Chef John Walsh to design our menu and unlike other caterers, they listened to what we wanted and what we liked and then made suggestions of how to enhance our menu. My husband and I, as well as most of my family, tend to like more familiar foods - a good steak, potato and vegetable. While other caterers took this very literally and created a very simple menu, John took note of flavors we liked and asked tons of questions about what in particular we liked about certain foods and from there built a menu that was completely reflective of whom we are and what we like and it was anything but simple and boring! He created an amazing several course menu starting with a delicious shrimp and corn bisque as well as a fantastic salad. The rock fish with lemon grass beurre blanc that followed was cooked perfectly and was so tasty. Finally the beef tenderloin with the morello cherry demi glaze was scrumptious. In addition, Chef’s Expressions provided our wedding cake which was so amazingly beautiful as well as so delicious. Our guests still continue to talk about the food.
    The presentation of the food was above and beyond what we could have imagined. The way the crudités were served in individual shot glasses was elegant and the shiitake mushroom stick appetizer, which was served from a bowl with fish swimming in the bottom, was a complete hit!
    Bonny was there every step of the way to help make all the necessary decisions. Since our wedding was at a venue where everything, including linens and chairs, needed to be brought in, there were plenty of decisions to be made! Bonny was so helpful and never made us feel as though we were taking too much time, even when it took us 2 hours to finalize linens and napkins! Bonny always made us feel as though we were her only clients and always had time to answer our questions or give us her opinion. In addition, Bonny and her Event Specialist Christine took such great care of us the day of the wedding. They not only made sure that we had everything we needed, but they made sure our guests were well taken care of. They made sure the evening flowed perfectly and gently guided us through the night to keep us on track which was so helpful considering at that point I had no concept of time! We can’t thank them enough.
    We continue to hear from our guests about how wonderful our wedding was, from the food to the décor to the drinks. We simply cannot thank Bonny and everyone at Chef’s Expressions enough for helping to make our wedding a truly wonderful and memorable event. Thank you so much!

Sent on 02/28/2012