Chef's Expressions Reviews

Chef's Expressions 5
Chef's Expressions 6
Chef's Expressions 7

Sara · event on 10/03/2012

The Chef's Expression's team was great--they were flexible and accomodating in helping us set up for the event. The layout of the boat was tricky, but they used their professional opinion on the floorplan, and the flow worked out great!

Sent on 10/31/2012

Angela · Married on 09/22/2012

I was referred to Chef's Expressions by the venue I selected from my wedding; they were one of the three approved caterers. When I researched them online, I was in love with their presentation but assumed (just from the way the food looked and was presented on their website) that they were outside of my budget. As a result, I opted for one of the other caterers listed because my brother, who had just gotten married the year before, used the other caterer's service. After meeting and receiving the estimate from the other caterer, I was convinced that I needed to do more research; I was not really impressed by their food (or their professionalism, for that matter) and was actually taken aback by the cost!

Suffering from sticker shock, I decided to check out Chef's Expressions to see if there was really a difference. After all, if I was going to pay, I may as well go with what I was most impressed with. I checked out the reviews for Chef's Expressions and was impressed with the reviews the company had already received and was particularly struck by a comment one reviewer made regarding the company's willingness to work with her/him on developing a menu that worked within their budget. Bingo!

I contacted the company and connected with Paul Kountz. The rest is history! I am so happy with the decision we made. All the positive reviews that I read were true: the quality of service, responsiveness, professionalism, and flexibility were all 5-star quality! And for value, there should be a rating of 6. Paul was amazing! He was fantastic to work with and he really helped make my event memorable! I worked to create a menu that worked within my budget and he (and Chef) offered some options that I would not have thought possible! My family and friends loved the food and the service was top-notch. I would recommend them for any event!

Sent on 10/11/2012

Natalie · Married on 09/15/2012

Chef's Expressions is the caterer to go to. Their food was superb! I still have guests commenting about how wonderful the food was and if I can find out their recipes. My favorite was an appetizer which was in a martini like glass with a small bowl attached to the bottom with real LIVE GOLDFISH swimming around! It was the coolest thing I have ever seen! Bonnie and Christine are very attentive and made the wedding planning process super easy! Their pastry chef by the by is for sure the best around! Best cake I have ever had :) Highly recommend this company

Sent on 10/10/2012

DubsNick · Married on 09/15/2012

We worked with Bonny Opper and Christine Berencz at Chef's Expressions for our wedding at the Peabody Library. From our initial meeting when Bonny had a sign in front of the building welcoming us, we knew that we were going to be in very attentive hands. The CE team was the perfect caterer to help bring our vision to life. During that initial meeting, when I requested that we incorporate beets and compound butter (the latter request the chef declared a first from a Bride!) I think they knew what foodies they were working with!! We not only wanted an innovative menu that reflected our tastes, but that was going to be delicious for our 200 guests, not solely at the tasting. They delivered on this and more!!! I salivated over our wedding menu for months leading up to the BIG DAY and would happily devour those three courses again right now! Guests went gaga as well and were wishing they had leftovers the following day! Lucky for us, hubby and I did!

Bonny and Christine were always available to answer questions (so much so I even included a disclaimer not to respond if they were reading email over the weekend or a holiday!) Their personal attention throughout the entire process was exemplary and they always had the best attitudes even when last minute changes arose.

My husband and I had a dedicated staff member, Brandy, during the evening who treated us like royalty and we wanted for nothing. We were able to enjoy our favorite appetizers in our own private service and the drinks flowed freely all night.

Everything went off without a hitch as a result of the CE team's work ethic and expertise; I just kicked my heals up, ate, drank and danced the night away!!!

Sent on 10/16/2012

Tracey · Married on 09/08/2012

Paul and the entire staff at Chef's Expressions were AMAZING- my daughter's wedding was the most insanely perfect event any of the 250 guests had seen and the food, the professionalism, the entire experience from day one was top notch. Paul worked with Drew Vanlandingham (Vanlandingham Design Studio- our wedding planner) and made the day something that no one will soon forget. I was sheer perfection and the food was to DIE FOR. I am happy to recommend to ANYONE 410-925-0285- Tracey Flora

Sent on 09/17/2012
  • Z

Zack and Louann · Married on 09/08/2012

We had a great experience with Chefs Expression. Great TEAM from the planning phase of the wedding to the actual wedding day. Allowed us to enjoy our wedding.

Sent on 09/22/2012

kristin · Married on 09/07/2012

Melanie was amazing and the chef and food were spectacular! Everything tasted incredible and we got sooooo many compliments on the food! They made sure we had boxed meals and plates of appetizers to go home with (since the bride and groom never get to eat). They were flexible with my menu changes and tweakings. Overall, the whole company and night was way beyond my expectations! Thanks again!

Sent on 10/17/2012
  • W

Whitney · Married on 09/02/2012

Melanie and the whole Chef's Expressions team was awesome! All our guests raved about the food for months after (people still bring it up :-p ).

Sent on 10/25/2012

DeAnna · Married on 08/25/2012

It was an absolute pleasure to work with Bonny and Christine! They were always very quick to respond and never made me feel like a crazy bride :)

The team at Chef’s Expressions was very organized and I felt like I was in good hands the whole process. Our wedding went so smoothly and I owe it all to Chef's Expressions. Not to mention the food was amazing, everyone loved it!!

Sent on 09/26/2012

Everything was wonderful - guests raved about the food and Chef's Expressions also made sure the entire ceremony and reception ran smoothly! No need for a wedding coordinator when you have Chef's Expressions!

Sent on 11/01/2012

Barbara · Married on 08/05/2012

In all categoties - excellent! Bonny was a delight to work with. Set-up was amazing - every detail I mentioned was remembered and perfectly executed. The food including the gorgeous wedding cake, was beautiful and delicious! Thank you for ensuring this special day was perfect!

Sent on 08/12/2012
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 07/02/2012

Chefs expression went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect! The service was wonderful, food was delicious and the people we worked with were all terrific! We highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/09/2012

Harold · Married on 06/30/2012

My experience with Chef's Expression was outstanding in all regards! Paul Kountz was a joy to work with from the day we first met to the end of the actual reception. His staff were all friendly, very attentive and extremely professional.

Our day was very difficult because power was out all over the area including the church where the wedding took place. We arrived at the George Peabody Library wilted from the heat and pressure of a "unique" wedding and were amazed at the venue which was 100% organized and prepared by Paul, his staff and the wonderful staff at the Peabody.

The food was delicious and presented in the most special manner. His bar staff was excellent and he just made my daughters wedding a dream come true.

There is no higher recommendation that I can or could ever give Chef's Expression. They are simply the best company I have ever had the god fortune to deal with and that includes over 40 years of putting on 100's of events during my professional life.

Thank you Paul and thank you Chef's Expression.

HJ Hilliard

Sent on 07/02/2012
  • User2519517 · 2+ years ago

Melanie B.helped us plan a wonderful menu and coordinated the whole event.She was attentive to our needs and worked with us to achieve the kind of event we had in mind. The food was terrific both for the taste and the presentation. The service at the wedding was flawless. As the mother of the bride I highly recommend Chef's Expressions.

Sent on 07/03/2012

My husband and i worked with Bonnie and her crew for our wedding this past June. She was great and the food was excellent. Bonnie was very helpful as we worked to plan a cocktail hour and dinner reception in our budget and Chef's also provided a beautiful wedding cake.

Our wedding occurred the day after a huge storm knocked out all of the power to our venue, but the catering went off without a snag. I would definitely recommend Chef's Expressions!

Sent on 09/05/2012

Amanda · Married on 06/30/2012

Chef's Expressions catered my wedding and they were great. When searching for and meeting with caterers, Chef's Expressions definitely stood out above the rest. My husband, mom, and I worked with Melanie throughout the planning process and she was super helpful and great to work with. Chef's Expressions was different from the other caterers in that before our tasting, we met with Melanie and the chef to talk about what were looking for and plan out a personalized menu. When we went back for the tasting, we were really impressed with the taste and presentation of the food. On the day of the wedding, the food was just as great as we remembered, and the presentation was beautiful and unique. All of the staff who were on site the day of the wedding were excellent. Melanie was also great in helping with all the little details, changes, etc. All of our guests commented on how good the food (and the cake) were at the wedding. I highly recommend Chef's Expressions!

Sent on 10/24/2012

Megan · Married on 06/23/2012

My husband and I LOVED working with Bonnie and the team at Chef's Expressions for our wedding! We got married in Baltimore, but both of our families travelled in from out-of-town. To my parents, the quality of food at our wedding was definitely the most important aspect. Our wedding planner referred us to Chef's Expressions, since they are known for their delicious food and quality service! From the initial tasting to the dinner at our wedding, we loved to food and service we received. It was clear that Chef's Expressions was very experienced with our venue, and the whole meal and service was flawless.

Sent on 12/12/2012

Blaire · Married on 06/16/2012

I worked with Bonny and Jennifer. The entire catering experience from start to finish was exceptional. I loved that my fiance and I were able to design our entire menu based on our likes and dislikes rather than picking from a pre-set list of options. We are foodies and really wanted our guests to experience the flavors and presentation we would expect. We could not have been happier with the professional, experience, quality, and service from their staff. Chef's also supplied our cake which was absolutely delicious. We received so many compliments from our guests about how exceptional the food and cake were and how they couldn't believe that with the size of the wedding (170 guests) the food would be so consistent, thoughtful, and detailed. Chef's really is in a class of their own and sets the bar high. If you are looking for an experience that goes beyond the ordinary expected wedding food, then I would consider Chef's Expressions.

Sent on 06/18/2012

Jehangir · Married on 06/16/2012

Bonny understands event management perfectly and everyone that works with her is extremely professional. Jerry and his team of chefs do an incredible job with the food.

Sent on 11/07/2012

Karen · Married on 06/02/2012

Bonnie Opper, in particular, and Chef's Expressions as a whole, exceeded our expectations. Bonnie made planning our daughter's wedding reception effortfortless. She assisted us in making tasteful selections and executed the event without a missed step. Chef's Expressions chefs and staff provided delious food and service. When your guests go out of their way to compliment you on how delicious the food is... you know you hired the best! I have recommended Bonnie and Chef's Expressions to my friends and family. If you want the an event to remember I suggest you consider Chef's Expressions!

Sent on 11/08/2012

Betty · Married on 05/19/2012

My daughter did a thorough search to find a wedding caterer and decided to choose Chef's Expressions in Timonium, MD. Our experience from the first meeting with Bonny Opper to the farewells at the end of the wedding gets an A+ rating. My daughter worked with Bonny and her staff for the preparations, but I witnessed their work at the wedding. Everything was high quality...the food, the cake, the set up, the tear down, the interaction with wedding guests. I would recommend Chef's Expressions highly.

Sent on 05/24/2012

Julia · Married on 05/12/2012

Chef's Expressions is great! The food was outstanding and the service was excellent. Melanie is a joy to work with. The servers informed my husband and I when they would be serving the next course so we could eat. I always heard the bridge & groom don't have time to eat, but we did.

Sent on 05/31/2012

Julia · Married on 05/05/2012

I worked primarily with Paul Kountz at Chef's Expressions for my wedding. He was extremely courteous and professional throughout the planning. Chef's Expressions was the ONLY vendor who listened to what I wanted from the get go, and sent me a proposal that accurately portrayed what I was interested in. I gave five different vendors the same requests/budget/food restrictions, and the other four sent me what was clearly a careless generic menu riddled with things I had said I did not want. Paul's menu was beautifully written, very descriptive, and PROMPT. I knew we were going to work with him right away. My wedding planner, Leslie Weekes of Leslie-Manning Events, also highly recommended CE, so we knew our guests were in for a treat. CE really worked within our budget and provided us exquisite food on the wedding day. Our guests are still emailing me for a recipe for the asparagus and leek soup the chef prepared to honour my French side of the family (Paul, if you're reading this, hook me up!) We could not have asked for better food, but the icing on the proverbial cake was how fantastic the CE staff was. The servers were quick, darting in and out almost unseen. I say almost because so many guests noted how friendly and happy they looked while they were working. It really sets the mood when the waitstaff is also having a good time at the wedding. The bartenders were full of jokes and quick comebacks and remembered people's preferences throughout the evening. My wedding was a bit complicated in that my parents live overseas, so they were only here in the two weeks leading up to the ceremony. During the final walk through with the caterer, Paul really took his time to repeat things directly to them that I'm sure he would have rather skimmed over since the wedding planner and myself already knew everything. I cannot tell you how much I appreciated the way he made my parents feel like they were valued and integral members of the planning experience. He asked them questions and made sure to alter some plans to accommodate my mother's last minute wishes (Pssst, Paul, bet you've never had a 20 minute convo on how to fold napkins before, eh?). He was fantastic and always dressed to the nines when we met with him. I will always be grateful for how well that walk through went and how happy my parents were afterwards. Chef's Expressions is a vendor I will recommend to EVERYONE planning a wedding in DC. EVERYONE.

Sent on 05/08/2012

Kate · Married on 03/31/2012

My husband and I had our reception at the George Peabody Library. The first time we saw the Library, Chef's Expressions was setting up for a wedding, and we met Paul Kountz for the first time. After seeing Paul and his staff in action, there was no question that he was the caterer for us. His efficiency and professionalism was apparent to us right away. After booking the Library and Chef's Expressions, Paul could not have been more accomodating to my indecisiveness, and our two sets of out of state parents. It didn't matter what question I had, what time I emailed him, or even what time I called him. He was always there to answer my questions and reassure me that all would be fine. He was definitely our sanity throughout the planning process.

Despite the fact that we were always in contact, Paul and Chef's Expressions needed very little direction. Their expertise in every aspect of our reception was comforting and astounding. When I walked into the reception, it took my breath away. I consider myself a perfectionist and a control freak, and Paul and his team put me to shame. It was perfect in every way.

In terms of food and drink, I could not say enough good things. My guests arrived much earlier than planned and Paul and his team had the bars set up in record time, and began serving drinks 30 minutes earlier than the start of the cocktail hour. This is just one example of how they went above and beyond. The food was beautiful and delicious, and we received so many compliments from our guests. The cake, done by Chef's Expressions, was exactly like the photo I chose, and could not have been more tasty! Paul assigned Stacey as our personal attendant for the evening, and she was a life saver. Drinks and appetizers appeared out of nowhere, and any time I needed someone or something, she was right there. It was almost as if she was reading my mind!

As you can see, Chef's Expressions, Paul, Stacey, and the rest of his team made our wedding the most memorable night of our lives. So many of our guests claim that it was the most beautiful, most fun wedding they have ever attended and we owe it all to Chef's Expressions! I will use Chef's for all of my events.

Sent on 05/07/2012

Nina · Married on 03/31/2012

We loved working with Chef's Expressions. Bonny, Christine and Jennifer and everyone else we met on staff were wonderful. My husband and I love to eat and cook and we wanted the best caterer available at the 1840s Ballroom for our wedding. The food was one of the most important parts of the evening to us!

Our first visit to Chef's Expressions included a sit down with the Chef and he got us so excited as he made suggestions about our food for the evening. We worked with Bonny and Christine to fine-tune the menu for the cocktail hour and the dinner and then had our tasting. It was amazing! It confirmed we had made the right choice for our wedding. We had a private tasting, including my parents.

The day of the wedding went so smoothly. We started with the cocktail hour, which I didn't go to. Bonny and Jennifer were great about making sure I had some of the h'orderves while I waited. Once the ceremony was over we had a sit down dinner. There was a duo starter, a fish course, followed by a meat entree. It sounds like a lot of food, but Chef's Expressions perfectly sized each course so you can still get out on the dance floor after eating three courses!

The wait staff and bartenders were also great and very friendly. They did a beautiful job setting up the tables and spacing them so no one felt crowded and there was still enough room for people to mingle throughout the night.

Sent on 08/29/2012